• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D |OT| of |OoT|

Fewr

Question,

I just read this in wikipedia:
It was also revealed that the Stone Of Agony is replaced with the Shard Of Agony, which serves the same purpose, only with a sound signal to inform the players of secrets nearby. This is due to the fact that the rumble feature is not available with the 3DS.

I normally play handhelds with no sound, is there any visual signal as well?

Mistle

Ydahs said:
Just need my copy to arrive from the UK to Australia within the next week... won't happen :(
By the time is arrives from the UK (in my experience, UK to Aus shipping takes awhile), the Australian version will almost be out, and probably breaking street date in a few places. But good luck in getting it early! I sort of wish I'd went with the importing route, I want to play this game so bad D:

3DS region locking stings hard, American copies are so cheap online.

Jackano

Fewr said:
Question,

I just read this in wikipedia:

I normally play handhelds with no sound, is there any visual signal as well?
Yes, a blinking icon of the shard in the bottom or middle left corner of the upper screen.

Fewr

Ah, perfect thanks.

I hadn't planned to buy this, but after Link's Awakening, I really want to give master quest a go.

Ydahs

Mistle said:
By the time is arrives from the UK (in my experience, UK to Aus shipping takes awhile), the Australian version will almost be out, and probably breaking street date in a few places. But good luck in getting it early! I sort of wish I'd went with the importing route, I want to play this game so bad D:

3DS region locking stings hard, American copies are so cheap online.
Oh it varies. Quickest has been a week and a half. Longest? Close to a month.

Biggest issue is the Chilean volcano at the moment, which will cause some disruption :(

kanugo

If you are in Europe, you can register your copy of Zelda in Club Nintendo - yes, it's back (at least in my country).

Just received an email about the soundtrack. Nice.

Wichu

Oh man, I completely forgot this was coming out and didn't get to pre-order. If I order from GAME now, is there any chance I could still get the pre-order bonus? I'm pretty sure I ordered Pokémon HeartGold/SoulSilver on release day and still got the pre-order bonuses (Ho-oh and Lugia figurines; one for me, one for my little brother).

Going to order it anyway, though :p

dwu8991

Banned
marc^o^ said:
3D still gets mixed reactions in reviews, though it is reported to be one of its best implementation.

But the gyro sensor part is getting praise from about all reviewers. And this is big guys. With all the games coming that will use this technology on 3DS, Vita and Wii U, it is poised to become a new paradigm in terms of controlling the camera. I love it.

GYRO is fun but you can't hold and wave it around for hours though, so not really good for fps. I felt sorry for the ubisoft guy who had to do the killer zombies demo.

So I was right about there being two boxes!

I'm annoyed that I am not getting the game today. I may not buy from GAME again.

To pass the time I (literally) just bought Child of Eden!

Reknoc

Damn. When I started typing this it was gonna be a typical "fuck GAME" message and I was going to go down Morrisons and just pick it up from there. Then bam! post came and here it is.

Got my copy this morning, registered for the soundtrack and got the confirmation email too. Completed the Deku Tree and by god this game is beautiful, stunning even, in 3D. Just a very vibrant and deep use of the effect, probably my favourite use of it so far along with PilotWings.

reektann

If you want a free Zelda Ocarina head into Game on Oxford St, London ( not sure if any other cities are doing this at the moment ) . They have a woman playing Zelda music on a harp and give you a free Ocarina if you try the game out on the stand there. You can also get your photo taken with some guy dressed as Link but that was pushing it for me.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Hmmm... I hope my copy did get delivered today. Was disappointed it didn't arrive yesterday since Thursday are usually the day games arrive by post for me.

reektann said:
If you want a free Zelda Ocarina head into Game on Oxford St, London
A bit out of the way for me. I'll pass. Pretty tired still from going to an assessment centre yesterday.

reektann said:
If you want a free Zelda Ocarina head into Game on Oxford St, London ( not sure if any other cities are doing this at the moment ) . They have a woman playing Zelda music on a harp and give you a free Ocarina if you try the game out on the stand there. You can also get your photo taken with some guy dressed as Link but that was pushing it for me.
hahaha nice

kanugo

Just got this email from Game.co.uk

Dear Customer,

Thank you for preordering The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time from GAME.co.uk.

We hope you have enjoyed receiving your preorder and are currently braving the lands of Hyrule with Link.

You may have noticed that your gold box art and poster were not delivered with your game.
Have no fear, your preorder offer is on it's way and will be with you quicker than you can tackle the new Legendary Master Quest mode.

Thank you very much for preordering from GAME.co.uk.

The GAME
Customer Service Team

Hylian

Damn. I feel like my body waiting for another run of Oot (weekend all by myself , gf is visiting US). Would have to buy 3DS and the game. Looking at some good discounts for the whole pagage. its seems its going to go past the 300€ mark at this point.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
reektann said:
hmm I work around that area so might do this, might not..or will I??

Deacan

9/10 NeoGAFfers don't understand statistics. The other 3/10 don't care.
Picked up a copy on my lunch break, got the limited case from game, also came with a double sided poster in the limited case.

GameStation are also doing the limited gold case. And I too got it on my lunch hour.
I want to go home and play it but I'm stuck here in work until 5pm! Temptation for an hour long jaunt to a toilet cubicle rising!

GJS

Heh.

So I just took the bus along to TESCO to pick up a copy of the game because my pre-order didn't arrive today, I found a couple of copies on the shelf and took one to the electronics counter, I thought everything was going great whilst I was standing there waiting to pay.

Then the guy said "Sorry I can't sell the game to you, it's been removed from our system due to a dodgy batch.", He offered to look for another copy with a different barcode but it was the same story.

What a great launch, pre-order misses release date delivery and the nearest store can't sell the game to me.

Omikaru

Just registered my copy on Club Nintendo and snagged the CD. Was there a limit to how many of these they were doing? I'm shocked I got one considering my copy only arrived from Amazon today (despite paying them for shipping -- last time I do that).

Tried to register my NA copy today. Still won't let me. Guess I actually have to wait for the NA release date.

Omikaru said:
Just registered my copy on Club Nintendo and snagged the CD. Was there a limit to how many of these they were doing? I'm shocked I got one considering my copy only arrived from Amazon today (despite paying them for shipping -- last time I do that).

This is the first day of release for anywhere in the world... right? Club Nintendo won't let you register until the release date for your region.

I wonder how many they have allocated for North America.

snap0212

Love the new graphics, by the way. I thought I wasn't going to like them as much but everything just looks so much better. I don't like Link's face but everything else... really nice.

Not sure why, but just looking at this in game is amazing (sorry for crappy screenshot quality):
m1DSP.jpg

HKHEO.jpg

Came in here to see if any other UK-GAF hadn't got their GAME copy yet. Surprised at how many people are in the same boat. They've really fucked up.
Posted on Tuesday? My arse it was.

Omikaru

DoctorWho said:
This is the first day of release for anywhere in the world... right? Club Nintendo won't let you register until the release date for your region.
Try telling that to the people who snagged a 3DS a few days before release. The 1,000 t-shirts on UK's Club Nintendo page were gone before the actual system's street date. I imagined the same was with Zelda, so I'm surprised I managed to get one.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Omikaru said:
They just said we need to register by the 30th.

Really hope it's not limited numbers.

BGBW said:
They just said we need to register by the 30th.

Really hope it's not limited numbers.

At E3 I believe they said it was limited. "While supplies last" could mean anything depending on how many supplies they have.

I swear Miyamoto said something about there only being 10,000 but I haven't heard that mentioned since.

CassSept

Only got through the Deku Tree so far but I can say that the game is beautiful. A huge step up from N64, bigger than I actually expected. It's amazing in motion, so smooooooth. Moving soon into Hyrule Field for the first time, ahhhhhhh.

kanugo

Deadly Cyclone said:
Ok, I have been in and out of this thread, you get a soundtrack on an actual disc for registering on Club Nintendo? Come on Sunday...

Yeap, that's the plan.

I got an email saying the CD will be shipped for my address.

The soundtrack can take up to eight weeks to ship.

MLH

JustAnotherOtaku said:
Came in here to see if any other UK-GAF hadn't got their GAME copy yet. Surprised at how many people are in the same boat. They've really fucked up.
Posted on Tuesday? My arse it was.

Yeah (well Gamestation, same company these days). I went out and bought a copy at ASDA this afternoon after I had received an email about a distribution problem from Gamestation. So I just plan on returning my copy to them, they don't deserve my money.

Anyway, really enjoying this so far. Not sure about the 3D, seem to be getting a ghosting effect (even when holding the 3DS in the sweet spot) but only when near to doorways.
Everything else is great the game feels much faster (climbing the vines was quite a shock at first).

Has anyone checked to see if the dying Hylian guard is in this? I don't see why they would remove it but it always creeped me out...

kanugo

Oh this is just perfect: console is recharged, game in the console, raining outside, some warm chocolate milk and I'm ready.

DarthWoo said:
That's my plan. I'll also be using my $20 coupon from LA Noire (with which I had also gotten Resonance of Fate free) which I got for $15 with the $45 coupon from the purchase $120 of games and get $60 in coupons (the remaining $15 coupon went to getting Phantom Hourglass, which was $20 at the time). I wish they still had those coupon box things like they did for New Vegas and Epic Mickey last year.

Haha, that sounds similar to my trail. MvC3 -> LA Noire + Nier -> OOT -> Probably Uncharted 3.

This game right here justifies it for me. All the hype, the 3D even the console price.
Playing this beautiful game in the palms of my hands feels special (I know, I know but it does!) and I'm so thankful this version has been done so well.

The graphics, framerate, 3D and even the motion controls are brilliant.
The game to own for the 3DS undoubtably, 5 stars, 10/10, AAA, system seller and all that. If you're on the fence I honestly believe this title is worth buying a 3DS for. Amazing.

The fact im playing in a silent house with only the sounds of birds chirping and raindrops is great.
I don't want to rush this game but I can't stop playing :)

so the gold box was a pre-order bonusfor the uk?

my gamestop does not open until 12pm on Sunday so I am planning on going to Target and picking it up with another game.

is rayman anygood? I want something my wife can play.

rhino4evr

Jo Shishido's Cheeks said:
This game right here justifies it for me. All the hype, the 3D even the console price.
Playing this beautiful game in the palms of my hands feels special (I know, I know but it does!) and I'm so thankful this version has been done so well.

The graphics, framerate, 3D and even the motion controls are brilliant.
The game to own for the 3DS undoubtably, 5 stars, 10/10, AAA, system seller and all that. If you're on the fence I honestly believe this title is worth buying a 3DS for. Amazing.

The fact im playing in a silent house with only the sounds of birds chirping and raindrops is great.
I don't want to rush this game but I can't stop playing :)
Great Post! I'm seriously jealous I can't play this, this weekend. Wednesday is my day.

Top Bottom