• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D |OT| of |OoT|

Hmmm........ but but but did you get an AR t-shirt (that you will never wear and aren't actually sure where it is) when you got your 3DS? Huh, huh?
Heh

I'm disappointed our OoT doesn't have the pictures of rubies inside :(
Oh and fuck this 'manual' which when combined with the box full of holes makes this product seem unbelievably cheap

ashbash159 said:
Fuck the post just came. No game.

Preordering from GAME.co.uk get's you two boxes. The normal box with the game, and the special shiny-gold box with the double sided poster.

Now because there are two boxes, does that mean it cannot be posted with the normal padded-envelope-thing and will have to be posted by courier?

Just want to know how your game was delivered if you had preordered from GAME.co.uk and gotten it already. (With the preorder bonuses of course.)
I'm still waiting too. Hopefully it shows up in the next 30 mind, I'll let you know if it does (and no one else posts :p)

eXistor

I'm surprised at how well the motion controls work. I turned them off, because you can't really use it when sitting down all relaxed, it takes you out of the game a bit and it does come at the cost of accuracy sitting down. But it does work exactly like it should.

The 3D is great in this. Given the option, I can't imagine anyone wanting to play it without it. Unless they have vision problems with the 3D of course.

butter_stick said:
I'm still waiting too. Hopefully it shows up in the next 30 mind, I'll let you know if it does (and no one else posts :p)
Thanks. I'm getting worried. I've never had something I've ordered not get delivered to me. What should I do if it ends up not getting delivered.

I'm only really worried because if I don't get it soon, I may not be able to get the soundtrack.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Anasui Kishibe said:
god, I'm gonna kill that bastard

said it wasn't there, should arrive this afternoon

god, I'm gonna kill that bastard

is it wrong I read that in Gene Hunts voice?

EDIT: Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu parcel was delivered yesterday but too big to go through the letter box I have to collect tomorrow.. aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh :'(

Post came.

No Ocarina.

I'm never, ever ordering from Game ever again. Ever ever ever. Fuck you Nintendo for giving them an irresistible preorder bonus :(

jufonuk said:
is it wrong I read that in Gene Hunts voice?

EDIT: Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu parcel was delivered yesterday but too big to go through the letter box I have to collect tomorrow.. aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh :'(
Where did you preorder from. I did from GAME.co.uk and you get two boxes. I was wondering if the game would be delivered by the regular post man or by courier.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
ashbash159 said:
Where did you preorder from. I did from GAME.co.uk and you get two boxes. I was wondering if the game would be delivered by the regular post man or by courier.
amazon.co.uk

UK Gaffers: anyone know if the collections office is open on Saturday and what times usually?

butter_stick said:

I'm also waiting on mine from Game, Postie has not been yet...will update if it arrives. I got a dispatch notice three days ago so it better come today.

BTW you don't get two boxes, you just get an outer slip case over the top of the original box so the package will be the same size.

butter_stick said:
Post came.

No Ocarina.

I'm never, ever ordering from Game ever again. Ever ever ever. Fuck you Nintendo for giving them an irresistible preorder bonus :(

UK didn't get the Ocarina, only Greece and Switzerland as far as I know.

PumpkinPie said:
I'm also waiting on mine from Game, Postie has not been yet...will update if it arrives. I got a dispatch notice three days ago so it better come today.

BTW you don't get two boxes, you just get an outer slip case over the top of the original box so the package will be the same size.
Oh okay. I just think I read about the two box thing earlier on in this thread.

Well my post has come and I don't know what to do. *cries*

Allan Holdsworth said:
UK didn't get the Ocarina, only Greece and Switzerland as far as I know.
He's saying he didn't get the game "Ocarina". Not that he didn't get an actual ocarina.

Chasteleth said:
I pre-ordered from GAME also and the post has been but no sign of the game :(
What do we do?

If it ends up not getting posted until a time when the soundtrack offer is no longer available, then I will be super pissed.

ashbash159 said:
What do we do?

If it ends up not getting posted until a time when the soundtrack offer is no longer available, then I will be super pissed.

Did you not get a dispatch notice? I got mine on the 14th.

ashbash159 said:
What do we do?

Well if it has been sent by royal mail maybe it will come tomorrow. I don't even have a 3DS yet, I've bought the game just for the soundtrack offer so I'm in the same boat as you. I doubt GAME customer service will be able to give any info because if it's been dispatched it's in royal mail's hands now.

I wish the Game version did come with a second box with the bonuses. I'd just buy a regular copy of the game today and then take back the copy Game sent.

Seeing as Game sent them out on Tuesday, I'm assuming they used second class post. Which doesn't even have a guaranteed delivery time of 3 days, it's 3-5 I think. Game are cheap.

syoaran

snap0212 said:
Nintendo of Europe just sent me an email saying my Soundtrack CD would be here withing eight weeks. :)

Yay!

As for the earlier 3D vs 2D argument, I don't see why people are riled up about it. Some guys want to play 2D, some want to try it 3D. The system allows for both and it's and enjoyable experience either way.

I do have to say that 3D in this game did change my mind about how well the system can show a convincingly small world in the system. Both in the first person and 3rd person views, the 3D always drew me into the world rather than caused slight ghosting that PW and RR did at times. I could finally see the "vision" that Iwata had for the device in that you are looking into a tiny world. Got about 40% into the game now and Eurogamer were right, it deserves a 10 again. first media product where I actually enjoyed the 3D more than the 2D experience + one of the best games of all time with improved fps.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
syoaran said:
Yay!

As for the earlier 3D vs 2D argument, I don't see why people are riled up about it. Some guys want to play 2D, some want to try it 3D. The system allows for both and it's and enjoyable experience either way.

I do have to say that 3D in this game did change my mind about how well the system can show a convincingly small world in the system. Both in the first person and 3rd person views, the 3D always drew me into the world rather than caused slight ghosting that PW and RR did at times. I could finally see the "vision" that Iwata had for the device in that you are looking into a tiny world. Got about 40% into the game now and Eurogamer were right, it deserves a 10 again. first media product where I actually enjoyed the 3D more than the 2D experience + one of the best games of all time with improved fps.

my lack of parcel and having to pick up tomorrow makes me want to cry, will have to play tomorrow night..as out all day with my son, (which I feel is rather) fittingly enough at a medieval jousting re-enactment..woo

snap0212

Played through the Deku Tree [I don't think it's necessary to spoiler that, right?] and it felt like the game is a bit easier than I remember it being. The plants seem to grow faster after I've chopped them, they seem to give more items and when there was a time limit it seemed like I could have done the task five times. Weird.

Mistle

snap0212 said:
Played through the Deku Tree [I don't think it's necessary to spoiler that, right?] and it felt like the game is a bit easier than I remember it being. The plants seem to grow faster after I've chopped them, they seem to give more items and when there was a time limit it seemed like I could have done the task five times. Weird.
Even though the game will of course seem easier compared to our first play through, keep in mind that it is the first dungeon. It's not exactly going to be difficult.

Ydahs

syoaran said:
Yay!

WHHHY DID I ENTER THIS THREAD :(

Hype levels are insanely high. Never played this game more than several hours (only played a borrowed copy of the GCN version) so this is going to be one hell of an experience. I love everything 3D and by the sounds of it, this game nails it.

Just need my copy to arrive from the UK to Australia within the next week... won't happen :(

Buttons

I must say that the game does look amazing. o_O I am really itching to buy a 3DS now but I can't really justify the purchase because of only one game I want.

I think I'll try to hold off a few more months and wait for a 3DS redesign. :)

CoolS

snap0212 said:

The only thing I noticed is that plants regrow faster, yes. And I never beat Ghoma that quick, Only had to shoot her one time on the ceiling and then killed her. But King Dodongo was like I remembered him, so I am probably just imagining things.

Ashler

Got mine last night. Came with a cool pre-order bonus from the shop. :)

a15643e2.png

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
3D still gets mixed reactions in reviews, though it is reported to be one of its best implementation.

But the gyro sensor part is getting praise from about all reviewers. And this is big guys. With all the games coming that will use this technology on 3DS, Vita and Wii U, it is poised to become a new paradigm in terms of controlling the camera. I love it.

wrowa

Just started playing, I don't have much to say yet, but what I have to say I have to say now! ;)

First off, it really looks sweet. The graphical changes are subtle enough not to change the mood of the game (intro aside), but at the same time OoT3D is an absoultely visible and great graphical improvement over the original. Looks really good on the 3DS display. Since I'm not playing in 3D ever (no, I'm not a wannabe Amirox, I just can't see stereoscopical 3D), I can't say anything about the effect.

What really, really surprised me are the motion controls. I nearly always hate motion controls, but damn, the camera and aiming controls in OoT3D feel so great. It's a really good and precise way of aiming, I absolutely wouldn't have expected that. It probably breaks the 3D effect for a good bunch of people, but since I'm not playing in 3D I don't care. Makes me hope that many 3DS games from here on will have similar motion control features.

GJS

DoctorWho said:
I'm confused, why are people getting two copies?
They aren't...

The gold case is the pre-order box which only contains a poster.

GAME is sending them out separately in the UK and some other EU countries are giving them out too.

GJS said:
They aren't...

The gold case is the pre-order box which only contains a poster.

GAME is sending them out separately in the UK and some other EU countries are giving them out too.

Bah, wish I had gotten the EU cover with a separate case. EU is literally getting the best of both worlds.

Top Bottom