• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D |OT| of |OoT|

The motion aiming works far, far better than I could have imagined. It's actually easier than the analogue slider, and far faster. Looking around a new area is awesome.

XPE

Android18a said:
The motion aiming works far, far better than I could have imagined. It's actually easier than the analogue slider, and far faster. Looking around a new area is awesome.

I was using it for the 1st boss when in 3rd person mode and like you it was far better than I was expecting.

Pomegranate said:
The Saudi Arabia/UAE/Malaysia version (same as US version) uses the European art for the box:
1308413742471.jpg

Why do we at the US always get the crappy boxarts :(
Honestly, I'm so f-ing confused by the UAE. I thought that they were under the same compatibility region as Europe, the last time I checked.
So, US/NTSC -> EUR/PAL -> US/NTSC. Makes sense, you bastards.

I think the more surprising thing is that they are now kind of getting their own version.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Sir_Crocodile said:
Take it for what it's worth, but when I called nintendo earlier to complain about this, the support guy said they'd sort something out for the people this have happened to. here's hoping.
Cool free ringtones for everyone! ( ´∀`)

Mantorok

Is the battery-life really only a couple of hours!?

I'm seriously considering getting the 3DS bundle with Zelda, but my only issue is that in a years time there may be a 3DS-lite (or whatever it's called) that boasts better battery life etc.

Ugh!

Mantorok said:

I'm seriously considering getting the 3DS bundle with Zelda, but my only issue is that in a years time there may be a 3DS-lite (or whatever it's called) that boasts better battery life etc.

Ugh!

Uh, it's like 5 hours with everything maxed.

iyox

It seems like this is a botched release. I can't find any midnight release locations. Considering all the people who have their copies already, I doubt I will be able to get the soundtrack after waiting for Target to open tomorrow.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
jump_button said:
Why is the camera not on the D-pad?
I suppose because the game is not designed around a free roaming camera.

At least we know that a full fledged Zelda control scheme is possible on the 3DS that leaves the d-pad free for the camera. So there's a bit of hope for real Zelda 3DS.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
3DS should get close to 200K sales in June. Ridiculous how many people I know want to get this game and a 3DS. (me included)

Mantorok said:

Ugh!

It's probably about 4 hours or so in Ocarina.

I'll be all over a 3DS redesign, but really I'd rather pay the extra $50 or so to play it now, and then trade it in and pay for most of the redesign that way.

Cygnus X-1

Played till Kakariko village. It's great. 3D effect is great. No problems at all. The only problem I've seen is that gyromotion and 3D effect are completely incompatible. Nintendo was very dumb here. I simply ignore gyromotion and everything is perfect.

Ah: another thing. Italian subs were done for the first time. They're really, really bad. I'm going to switch back to french or english.

Inferno313 said:
My girlfriend bought this for me off of Amazon. It should arrive on Tuesday or so... You guys don't think the CDs will have run out by then, do you?
I hope not, for your sake.
I was too concerned about the 2 day wait that I went and preordered at gamestop. Cancelled my order with amazon. Hated to do it, but I didn't want to risk it.

Cygnus X-1

Relix said:
3DS should get close to 200K sales in June. Ridiculous how many people I know want to get this game and a 3DS. (me included)

This confirm that 3DS mostly had one problem: no games. The first great game of course will make lot of people buy the handheld. I was one of these people and I'm glad I did because 3D effect is really great. Expensive as hell, but it was worth it.

I just got to Jabu-Jabu!

I was trying to catch a fish big enough to give to Jabu-Jabu but forgot it was as simple as using a bottle near the fish in Zora's Domain. I just wasted 15 minutes!

Futureman

besiktas1 said:
I'm gettings errors in getting a free sound track. Is this normal?

It says RIGHT on the promotion page "Offer Starts 6/19."

I really don't get why everyone is so worried over the free CD promotion. I'm sure NOA realizes that the game is being sold ahead of the release date. I bet if you buy within June and do the survey you'll be fine.

kaskade

Cygnus X-1 said:
This confirm that 3DS mostly had one problem: no games. The first great game of course will make lot of people buy the handheld. I was one of these people and I'm glad I did because 3D effect is really great. Expensive as hell, but it was worth it.
That's what it is for me. The DS pretty much had shit at launch as well. Super Mario 64 was probably the biggest one. I'm going to be ordering my 3ds next week probably. Part of buying a console at launch time is the future promise of games(e3 showed off a decent amount).

Alrus

Futureman said:
It says RIGHT on the promotion page "Offer Starts 6/19."

I really don't get why everyone is so worried over the free CD promotion. I'm sure NOA realizes that the game is being sold ahead of the release date. I bet if you buy within June and do the survey you'll be fine.

But not everyone is from NA you know.

Futureman

Alrus said:
But not everyone is from NA you know.

OH, sorry.

yea. I though the promo was only for NA. Maybe it is different elsewhere.

I reserved at GS and might as well stop by after work and see if they are selling early.

Hm 41 pages wow...well it'll be my first time playing a zelda game ever, tomorrow, But I was looking at guides, I guess the game is still at the core the same so old guides for the original version are still relevant or not?

Dedication Through Light said:
Hm 41 pages wow...well it'll be my first time playing a zelda game ever, tomorrow, But I was looking at guides, I guess the game is still at the core the same so old guides for the original version are still relevant or not?

They should be. The core game is still the same.
But... your first Zelda ever? Wow...

Jackano

besiktas1 said:
I'm gettings errors in getting a free sound track. Is this normal?
It is not "normal" but it is the current situation for everyone since later yesterday, yes.

Really it is cool to have something free, but you should lower your expectations for this soundtrack CD. The object itself will probably be a little heap, and the content will probably not be the full 82 tracks released on 2 CDs in 1999. Not to mention Ok the OST has been remade but it sounds really the same. Finally, the only new thing will be the orchestrated song for the Hyrule Field part in the ending credits, but this is available everywhere on the internet right now.

wwm0nkey said:
Guys it says right on the damn thing it starts TOMORROW! Hold the hell on and just wait till the promotion actually starts.

We're from EU, you dope. The game came out yesterday, the promotion started yesterday.

Zoda

Neo Member
This game looks amazing, and I loved OoT64, but I have a question.

Is it worth buying a 3DS now? Or should I wait a year or two for the inevitable 3DS Lite with a price drop?

hamchan said:
You first timers will never experience the true horrors of the water temple.

You know, on my one time playing it (WW Pre-order disc), I never had a problem with the water temple. It was the shadow temple where I just gave up and never touched the game again.

Zoda said:
This game looks amazing, and I loved OoT64, but I have a question.

Is it worth buying a 3DS now? Or should I wait a year or two for the inevitable 3DS Lite with a price drop?

That depends.
Do you want to play games like Resident Evil, Super Mario, Kid Icarus and the like sooner or later?

Big Papa Husker said:
So what time will we be able to register for the soundtrack? Midnight Pacific Time?
Yeah.

Also, what's the story with the second, orchestrated CD they're putting out? I haven't been able to get much info since the press conference on that.

Top Bottom