• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D |OT| of |OoT|

Blutonium said:
Man, returning to the Temple of Time again gave me goosebumps. I hope Nintendo starts the development on Majora's Mask for the 3DS, I need that too.

Majora's Mask on 3DS would probably cause me to pick one up eventually (probably a redesign/slim version somewhere down the road) as I never got to fully experience that game, only renting I believe. Still, I'd rather see some new games than remakes.

Branson said:
Wtf? Full 3D or bust dawg.
I usually do that but in this game it gives me ghosting. I have it at around 60 % too, is the most pleasing to my eyes (and looks really great even if it's not as "deep").

EasyTGT said:
I heard target has a buy OoT get another 3DS game half off. What other 3D game should I get? (I've already got pilot wings).
Depends on what you are looking for. I really enjoy RR3D for instance.

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
Phife Dawg said:
I usually do that but in this game it gives me ghosting. I have it at around 60 % too, is the most pleasing to my eyes (and looks really great even if it's not as "deep").

Depends on what you are looking for. I really enjoy RR3D for instance.
Man, I get ghosting at any 3D setting. I'm thinking about turning it off to avoid the distraction.

hamchan

Blutonium said:
Man, returning to the Temple of Time again gave me goosebumps. I hope Nintendo starts the development on Majora's Mask for the 3DS, I need that too.
Nah they should make a new Zelda 3DS.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Blutonium said:
They have enough time to do this too, since the ports aren't done by Nintendo :)
Yep. It's not a binary choice "either a new game or another remake", as they would hardly ask Grezzo to develop an original Zelda :p

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Electivirus said:
Have Capcom develop a new Zelda title. The Oracle games and Minish Cap were fucking top-notch.
To do that, they should go back in time before Flagship was closed.

GCX

Electivirus said:
Have Capcom develop a new Zelda title. The Oracle games and Minish Cap were fucking top-notch.
Flagship doesn't exist anymore and many of the people who worked there are now part of Nintendo's Zelda team.

Neiteio

For Target's "Buy OoT, get another game 50 percent off" deal, can I make my second game OoT? In other words, I buy OoT at full price, and then get another copy of OoT at 50 percent off? I want to get a copy for my brother as well.

Milpool

Android18a said:
Ditto.

Trying to register for the OST on Nintendo.co.uk but it keeps saying there is an error when I enter my address.

I kept getting errors yesterday morning with my address, after spreading it out using all the non-mandatory boxes it went through on the 3rd try after suggesting an address to me.

Maybe try just putting in your post code and see if it suggests an address?

D

Deleted member 74300

Unconfirmed Member
Neiteio said:
For Target's "Buy OoT, get another game 50 percent off" deal,

Woah at first I was sad that there was no preorder bonus but it looks like I'm getting OoT and DOA as well.

Neiteio said:
can I make my second game OoT? In other words, I buy OoT at full price, and then get another copy of OoT at 50 percent off? I want to get a copy for my brother as well.

Great idea! I don't see why they couldn't do it.

My brothers erased my saves in the n64 one...

Cygnus X-1

Got it today: it looks and feel great!

3D is impressive. Period. It adds much more to the visuals than what I would have thought. I keep the 3D effect to the maximum and I don't have any problems with headache. Finding the right spot is very easy and hardly you'll have problems while you're playing. While I put the camera in close-up mode, I don't move the 3DS to look around, but I use the analog joystick instead.

Looking around in Kokiri forest is simply fantastic. What I really like is that the 3D effect doesn't bring shadows or strange patterns. It is perfectly sharp, much more than the effect with movies for example, where you always has to refocus.

The handheld is expensive, too expensive for sure, but I'm really glad I bought the game. It was definitely worth it.

JustAnotherOtaku said:
Ah, nice to hear that some UKers who preordered from GAME have got theirs today. Now I just have to wait until my postie decides to turn up :/
I don't think I got it today. I am very very angry.

Peru

Wow Talon's living / bed room sure looks nice now. Some impressive art from his daughter on the walls. Feel like hanging out here for a while.

(Btw, the game was actually sold out at my GAME here in Norway, but the clerk was nice enough to sell me the one he'd reserved.)

Tarin02543

Wassup bitches

2z7ivpi.jpg

25g5qfq.jpg

33o5gn8.jpg

Time to max those heart containers.

At last I have the game.

Haven't got the gold box and poster yet. That'll come in a seperate post.

I can't seem to register on Club Nintendo for the soundtrack without getting an error.

ashbash159 said:
At last I have the game.

Haven't got the gold box and poster yet. That'll come in a seperate post.

I can't seem to register on Club Nintendo for the soundtrack without getting an error.

I think everyone is getting this error, must be a problem with their forms. Or maybe they've run out of CDs (hopefully not).

Chasteleth said:
I think everyone is getting this error, must be a problem with their forms. Or maybe they've run out of CDs (hopefully not).
I'd be really angry if that's the case. Especially since I got the game a day late due to shitty GAME and the forms were working yesterday.

Noxia

Neo Member
I was 'lucky' enough to get a soundtrack. I've been switching between 3D (70%) and 2D and actually I think I might just prefer it in 2D.

Kato

Finally. What looked like an eternity to wait was just a day later then the launch.

oot.jpg

He went to the the same school of guarding as the cat. They shared bunks together in the dorm he told me ;)

Cygnus X-1

Noxia said:
I was 'lucky' enough to get a soundtrack. I've been switching between 3D (70%) and 2D and actually I think I might just prefer it in 2D.

Why??? 3D effect gives so much more to the experience!

Noxia

Neo Member
Cygnus X-1 said:

I like the motion controls for the FPS view etc and having 3D on doesn't help me there, I keep ghosting and it ruins the immersion for me.

f@luS

More than a member.
Cygnus X-1 said:
it depends of places, but when having a lot of geometry, the aliasing in 3D is really hurting
and the framerate isnt as smooth (just try first person and look around)
and i like gyro control...which doesnt fit 3D

i put 3D when i arrive on new area or whant to check vista , but turn back 2D after

Mantorok

OOT was the only game ever that made me feel like I was leading a double life.

I've double-dipped on this already when I purchased the Wind Waker LE, is it really woth another dip...?

The Lamp

Peru said:
I think the gyro aim here is the first time a motion add-on to a regular control scheme works for the better. It's objectively faster and more precise.

Really? Objectively faster? Amir0x would refute you, except he actually hasn't used it all really.

Surprises me how many people have said this.

Kato

Mantorok said:
OOT was the only game ever that made me feel like I was leading a double life.

I've double-dipped on this already when I purchased the Wind Waker LE, is it really woth another dip...?

Crisp and sharp graphics
Steady framerate
3D if you prefer
Motion controls
Its OoT

You know you want to.... :)

i am liking this game a bunch but not finding it very good as a portable experience! granted, i can always put the 3DS in sleep mode, but it's not ideal that doing anything else will return me to my bedroom or the start of a dungeon. i also find myself not wanting to explore, because i want to get something done in the timespan of my commute.

i think i should just play this chilling at home.

i also do think that some areas of the game look a lot better in 2D - look at the trees in hyrule field, for example, which are jagged and gross in 3D. overall though i'm leaving it on about 50% most of the time, and switching to 2D for times when i want to use the gyro.

Kato

345triangle said:
.......overall though i'm leaving it on about 50% most of the time, and switching to 2D for times when i want to use the gyro.

Thats what I really love about the 3DS. Turning on or off or choosing any of the middlegrounds is seamless. A detail I am really loving about the little machine.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Yeah, also getting errors trying to register for the soundtrack CD. Sent support an e-mail. Hopefully not too late to get the soundtrack.

Coolwhip

Banned
What are the odds of this remake showing up in the online shop for Wii U in a few years? I really want to play it but I have zero interest in handhelds.

Cygnus X-1

Noxia said:
I like the motion controls for the FPS view etc and having 3D on doesn't help me there, I keep ghosting and it ruins the immersion for me.

You keep ghosting? Are you on a train? If you don't move the handheld, the 3D effect should be perfectly sharp. If you want to play the game only with 2D, at this point it's better for you to play it on the N64, on a big screen TV.

Peru

Cygnus X-1 said:
You keep ghosting? Are you on a train? If you don't move the handheld, the 3D effect should be perfectly sharp. If you want to play the game only with 2D, at this point it's better for you to play it on the N64, on a big screen TV.

Eh, no it's not. Graphics that aren't a grey and blurry mess, smoother frame rate and improved controls make this the only version to play, period.

Top Bottom