• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D |OT| of |OoT|

Eric C

Alchemy said:
Just powered through the first dungeon, nostalgia bomb. Feels great. Updated graphics are interesting, but really lack luster for me. The 3D looks great when you're not trying to use the motion controls to shoot. The motion controls really surprised me in their effectiveness, which has created the problem of 'do I use 3D or the motion controls?' because they break the 3D effect very easily.

Somewhat disappointed that your location isn't saved, would have gone a long way towards improving the portability of the title. Guess we're stuck putting the game into sleep mode.

Someone earlier said they just close one eye when they want to use motion controls with the 3D still on.

I can't believe how many times I've played Ocarina and I still hit fucking "no".

Ericsc said:
Someone earlier said they just close one eye when they want to use motion controls with the 3D still on.

Am I the only one who doesn't really have any substantial problems using gyro on 3D max?

Alrus

Zee-Row said:
LOL the instruction manual for this game sucks , when did Nintendo join the shitty manual bandwagon?

Aside from not looking good (seriously you shouldn't care about that), it does what a manual should, so it's fine.

tim.mbp

Just got back from Gamestop with my copy. There were three customers in front of me, all of them bought Zelda and two of them bought systems, superior Aqua Blue variety, as well.

dochuge

DidntKnowJack said:
By the way, wtf is up with the cheesy manual they included with this game? At the very least it's in color, but a flimsy fold out? Bleh.

Game is awesome and that's what really counts, but damn.

Man I was thinking the same thing. If this was the 80's or 90's we'd be looking at a 30 to 40 page awesome manual. And Alice Madness doesn't even have one. I think the manual is going the way of the dodo bird at this rate. This is a shame, maybe I'm old school but a kick ass manual is one of the parts of the videogame package that i enjoy. Anybody remember Working Design ones? Damn awesome and so glossy. Cool manuals are relics nowadays.

kaskade

Well I got the CD offer to go through which is nice. Now I just need my 3DS so I can actually play the game. It did take a little while though. I would recommend you let the page completely finish loading. The popup showed up a few seconds after the page looked finished.

DownLikeBCPowder said:
I can't believe how many times I've played Ocarina and I still hit fucking "no".

Am I the only one who doesn't really have any substantial problems using gyro on 3D max?

I try to avoid anything dealing with motion and such. Im glad they offered alternatives. Its really inconvenient and kind of imprecise to say, shoot a nut/slingshot.

TheExodu5 said:
I'm in Canada. Registered the game. A few seconds after it went back to the main games page, I got a pop up with the bonus CD offer.
yep yep... same for me...

What a treat to play this again - it's beautiful! And the sound effects and music! It all just brings a smile to my face... :)

Glix

DownLikeBCPowder said:

No, I'm ace at seeing the 3D and keeping it at max. It doesn't even make the text on monitor funny anymore after.

Oro

Alright, just called them so I'm getting the soundtrack! The 3d in this game isn't mindblowing but it makes the game seem more lively and new. The gyro works great with the slingshot, getting OHKs every time lol

Arren

I've just sent an e-mail to Nintendo of Europe (Italy), inquiring about the actual availability of the CDs until June 30th.

Let's hope they give reassuring news (provided they reply, that is). :(

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
My left thumb hurts after playing about 1 hour. :( Did it grow weak from not touching a stick for too long(been mostly playing PC games lately), or is it the small size that hurts? Kinda sucks. :(

jman2050

Registered the game, got the soundtrack offer and ordered it, no issues through the whole process.

TheExodu5 said:
Hmmm...not sure if I want to play in 3D or not. The 2D is all nice and anti-aliased, but I love the particle effects in 3D.

The 3D always appears a bit fuzzy to me, so I don't ever really notice any aliasing unless I'm specifically looking for it.

And yeah the particle effects in 3D are ace. The entire post-dungeon cutscene with the three goddesses was amazing in 3D.

Varshes

In Canada here, got the game at noon, registered on my iPhone 4 and got the CD! Just received order confirmation e-mail from Nintendo as well. :)

DrStiles

Just got my email and the soundtrack is in my order history. I would definitely try calling them, seems to get results for those of us the website did not deem worthy.

Does anybody else's order status say backordered though?

Downhome

I just registered my game, and I got the popup for the offer but when I clicked redeem is took me to the error page saying don't worry, blah blah blah. I'm calling now.

DrStiles

Zee-Row said:
I wanna know too

I would call 1-800-255-3700 . It's their support line, keep trying til you get through and the service rep will put you in for a CD once they verify that you registered the game.

Erekiddo

Redeemed mine without a hitch.

To those who have played it - where is your 3D slider set to? Anything above midway makes me feel I'm playing it crosseyed. Really, really painful.

kaskade

DrStiles said:
Just got my email and the soundtrack is in my order history. I would definitely try calling them, seems to get results for those of us the website did not deem worthy.

Does anybody else's order status say backordered though?
Mine doesn't, though I just registered. It may say that because they aren't shipping out until July 5.

TheExodu5

Banned
3D is definitely more demanding than 2D + AA. Just got to a section where the framerate falls below 30fps on 3D, but stays perfectly smooth with 2D + AA.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
wwm0nkey said:
Getting the CD :D

Amazing remake btw and it really is awesome with 3D on.
It really is. If anyone needs a demonstration of how well used the 3D CAN be, Ocarina is the perfect example.

NeoNess said:
Redeemed mine without a hitch.

To those who have played it - where is your 3D slider set to? Anything above midway makes me feel I'm playing it crosseyed. Really, really painful.
I always roll at 100%, for this and every other 3DS game so far.

MLH

Pandoracell said:
Gyroscope controls are phenominal. Cpmpletly caught me off guard.

Indeed, playing the target mini-games is a breeze with them. I initial though they would be a gimmick and turned them off after trying them once, but noticed how slow aiming with the analogue stick is; so I quickly switched them back on.

Synless

Called them and they took my info and will email me later. Played a little bit of the game today. Game looks incredible!!! Much better than I anticipated. I am very pleased and I seriously hope they remake more games.

Downhome

While I have the game, my fiance has my system and will have it until next weekend. I'll have this game sitting here but wont have any way to play it. This upcoming week is going to be torture!

Disguises

TheExodu5 said:
3D is definitely more demanding than 2D + AA. Just got to a section where the framerate falls below 30fps on 3D, but stays perfectly smooth with 2D + AA.
Where abouts? I've not noticed a difference with the framerates yet and usually it sticks out like a sore thumb to me. Mind you...I've only just completed Dodongo.

Top Bottom