• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D |OT| of |OoT|

I was fairly impressed with the screens of this game before launch, but there are so many new details you pick up on once you're actually playing it. Little things like the reflections in the marble of the Temple of Time make everything feel so much more vibrant.

As an update, I sent a message to customer support about the soundtrack and just got a confirmation that they're sending me a copy. Everyone having those issues should contact them through the customer support form, they seem to be on top of things there.

TheExodu5

Banned
Disguises said:
Where abouts? I've not noticed a difference with the framerates yet and usually it sticks out like a sore thumb to me. Mind you...I've only just completed Dodongo.

I've only noticed one area so far, and it was in the part with the rolling boulder where you get the first sword. Only happened when aiming in a certain direction. The game could very well maintain 30fps for the rest of the game. I was just interested in seeing that the 3D was in fact more demanding than 2D + AA.

Poyunch

I don't get the awesome 3D. :/ It works but I never had problems judging depth before. Why can't I experience the awesome?
DrStiles said:
I would call 1-800-255-3700 . It's their support line, keep trying til you get through and the service rep will put you in for a CD once they verify that you registered the game.
Only took two calls to get in. Such nice people. <3

I sent an email to Nintendo last night and just got a response.

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear that you had technical issues when trying to place your order for The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time Soundtrack CD.

Using the information you provided, I was able to locate your Club Nintendo account. I see that you qualify for this promotion, so I have taken the liberty of placing an order for the soundtrack CD (it will be sent to the address on your account).

The next time you login to your account, you can click “Reward Order Inquiry” on your Club Nintendo homepage to view your order status (please allow 30 minutes for this order to appear in your Club Nintendo account).

We will begin shipping the soundtrack CD the week of July 5. Please allow 1-2 weeks from the ship date for delivery.
I have to say their handling of the situation has been great considering the major issues their site has had.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Big Papa Husker said:

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear that you had technical issues when trying to place your order for The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time Soundtrack CD.

Using the information you provided, I was able to locate your Club Nintendo account. I see that you qualify for this promotion, so I have taken the liberty of placing an order for the soundtrack CD (it will be sent to the address on your account).

The next time you login to your account, you can click “Reward Order Inquiry” on your Club Nintendo homepage to view your order status (please allow 30 minutes for this order to appear in your Club Nintendo account).

We will begin shipping the soundtrack CD the week of July 5. Please allow 1-2 weeks from the ship date for delivery.

I have to say their handling of the situation has been great considering the major issues their site has had.

Doesn't Nintendo usually have pretty awesome customer service?

The Lamp

Can't believe this thread is now almost entirely about some soundtrack with already-released 13-year-old N64 MIDIs. I demand more game impressions!

Alrus

TheExodu5 said:
3D is definitely more demanding than 2D + AA. Just got to a section where the framerate falls below 30fps on 3D, but stays perfectly smooth with 2D + AA.

I haven't tried in 2D yet but if you break a ton of vases/grass in a short time span the framerate dips.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Big Papa Husker said:

I wouldn't be surprised if they were expecting that kind of issue.

GcRayden

Big Papa Husker said:

What did you send the email under? Registration, Games?

Also, did you include your account information or anything? I just asked them what was up, I forgot to add my account information.

Anth0ny

Who should I e-mail for my CD? what information should I provide in said email? registered on Club Nintendo and got no offer =(

TheExodu5

Banned
The Lamp said:
Can't believe this thread is now almost entirely about some soundtrack with already-released 13-year-old N64 MIDIs. I demand more game impressions!

Well, I could never really play the original since the framerate hurts by brain, but I'm loving this so far. The visual polish and framerate are fantastic. The game controls really nicely as well.

I think I'm settling on 2D mode. 3D just takes too much effort, for me. The game looks pretty fantastic in 2D. Looks like a pretty good looking PS2 game, but with less jaggies.

Alrus

The Lamp said:

Heh, I'm at the Shadow Temple and the game has been awesome so far. I still think the Water Temple sucks, and the Shadow Temple is quite annoying too (I had to go through the entire temple after climbing some wall which took me back to the begining, then when I tried to go back down, the block I moved to clear the wall was back in its original position... Fuck that =/).

The Biggoron Sword sidequest was also much much easier than I remembered. I did it in one try and it didn't even take that long.

In the first dungeon, good to see I'm still awesome enough to
backflip over that spiking log in the room where you're supposed to lower the water level
. Headed to Goronville....

DeVeAn

Damn, so does the 3D bogg down the Frame rate? Been playing in 3D because WOW. Now I wonder if I should just go 2D damn thread.

Alrus said:
I haven't tried in 2D yet but if you break a ton of vases/grass in a short time span the framerate dips.
Same happens in 2D. I tested it as soon as I saw the frame rate drop. Also does it at the fishing pond.

Dr.Hadji

Played through the first dungeon and found something I didn't know before. You can
stealth your way past the Skullawalltula MGS style when they turn their backs.
This discovery kind of let me sequence break a bit as a made my way half way through the dungeon without the
slingshot

I'm currently enjoying he game in Glorious 3D XD
Really enjoying every second of this game, although I've played it plenty of times but seeing all the changes and extras added to this remake makes me check every nook and cranny.

sfried

Izayoi said:
Did they say they were sending you the soundtrack or did they tell you that your info had been sent to administration?
They told me they were sending the soundtrack and that they will ship it as soon as possible.

Wow final boss fight in the tree dungeon looked so intense in 3D, and definitely one of the best things graphically in the game. Dont really like the boss music but it was a fun fight nonetheless. I wish slingshot and going back to sword was a bit more streamlined. (well I keep it in "I")

Dr.Hadji said:
Played through the first dungeon and found something I didn't know before. You can
stealth your way past the Skullawalltula MGS style when they turn their backs.
This discovery kind of let me sequence break a bit as a made my way half way through the dungeon without the
slingshot
Wait you don't have the slingshot? If you don't you will need to go back and get it.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
TheExodu5 said:
3D is definitely more demanding than 2D + AA. Just got to a section where the framerate falls below 30fps on 3D, but stays perfectly smooth with 2D + AA.
Damn, I expected it to be locked at 30fps in 3D. :(

neoism

DownLikeBCPowder said:
In the first dungeon, good to see I'm still awesome enough to
backflip over that spiking log in the room where you're supposed to lower the water level
. Headed to Goronville....
:O

Alrus

Dedication Through Light said:
Wow final boss fight in the tree dungeon looked so intense in 3D, and definitely one of the best things graphically in the game. Dont really like the boss music but it was a fun fight nonetheless. I wish slingshot and going back to sword was a bit more streamlined. (well I keep it in "I")

Try mapping it to a button, then switching between them just requires to press B and X/Y (depending on the button you chose), it's really seamless.

Disguises

dallow_bg said:
It pretty much is, there's probably a few areas (none of which I've experienced) that will drop the framerate. Seriously, this is not even an issue.

Disguises said:
Where abouts? I've not noticed a difference with the framerates yet and usually it sticks out like a sore thumb to me. Mind you...I've only just completed Dodongo.
You can try it at the small room right at the entrance of Hyrule City with the large number of pots. Break a lot of them at once and the framerate will dip a fair bit. Never tried it in 2D though.

dallow_bg said:
There are only very few instances where it drops and nothing game-breaking or anything like that. Coming from the original OoT this feels silky smooth. 60 FPS would've been nice but it looks much better than I expected so it evens out.

BY2K

Membero Americo
The only time I got a framerate drop in 3D was in the Warehouse, I broke a bunch of pots at the once and the framerate occurred after that. Never happened again.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Damn this game looks impressive. I don't think I'll be able to handle the 3D for very long as I get nauseous with it. But if you want to see a 3DS game in action with the 3D on, Ocarina should be the showpiece; I don't see the 3D very well in other games because I have some minor eye issues, but in this one I see more of an effect. And, uh, I don't feel hindered by being left-handed or anything, so major plus.

My dad: "You've been playing Zelda for over 20 years now! I remember when you were a little girl, and the only things you could play were Zelda and Sonic." I think he's feeling all nostalgic since I just graduated university this year, but I'm still doing the same things, lol. I'm feeling nostalgic too.

Just beat the second dungeon :D I've only ever gotten as far as
The belly of that fish thing
So everything from that point on is going to be brand new to me.

Wow the 3D effect during the part where the tree is making his speech was pretty fantastic, actually moving my head to cause of the light beams, heh. I hope theres more of these "FMVs" in the game.

Lucky Number Seven Force said:
Just beat the second dungeon :D I've only ever gotten as far as
The belly of that fish thing
So everything from that point on is going to be brand new to me.
I'm jealous of you, truly.

McNum

Phife Dawg said:
You can try it at the small room right at the entrance of Hyrule City with the large number of pots. Break a lot of them at once and the framerate will dip a fair bit. Never tried it in 2D though.
Charge a spin attack, move to the center of a lot of pots, release. Also causes slowdown in 2D mode. But it's the only slowdown I've seen, and I think it's CPU based as I don't see any framedrops, the action just slows.

Just tested out the Boss Battle mode, I look forward to seeing people do speedruns of those. On screen timer and specific items for each fight? This could be good.

KaYotiX

Banned
dochuge said:
Man I was thinking the same thing. If this was the 80's or 90's we'd be looking at a 30 to 40 page awesome manual. And Alice Madness doesn't even have one. I think the manual is going the way of the dodo bird at this rate. This is a shame, maybe I'm old school but a kick ass manual is one of the parts of the videogame package that i enjoy. Anybody remember Working Design ones? Damn awesome and so glossy. Cool manuals are relics nowadays.
I still page through my Lunar 1 and 2 manuals from the CEs and am amazed how awesome they are. Hard bound books and color pages that feel so good :)

Sucks Working Designs is gone....

NateDrake

Didn't get the prompt to get the CD earlier but sent NoA Customer service an email and just got a confirmation saying the reward is being processed now for shipping.

My copy is at Gamestop right now but i can't get it cuz am too tired and hungover from my brother's bachelor party. Oh well...i guess i can wait till tomorrow. BTW Niagara Falls has amazing strippers.

NateDrake

BY2K said:
The only time I got a framerate drop in 3D was in the Warehouse, I broke a bunch of pots at the once and the framerate occurred after that. Never happened again.
I had one framerate drop in the
Ice Cavern when the ice creatures that breathe ice attacked. It was a large group of them though.
Wasn't too bad of a drop but it was noticeable.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Dedication Through Light said:
Wow the 3D effect during the part where the tree is making his speech was pretty fantastic, actually moving my head to cause of the light beams, heh. I hope theres more of these "FMVs" in the game.

I am really liking your posts. Keep em coming, I am reading them! =D

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
KaYotiX said:
I still page through my Lunar 1 and 2 manuals from the CEs and am amazed how awesome they are. Hard bound books and color pages that feel so good :)

Sucks Working Designs is gone....
I still have my AWESOME Arc the Lad one. Hard-bound. It's really nice to hold and flip through every now and then.

I think the manual is disappointing as well. Nintendo had these vibrant colour manual with some art, and they were nice to flip through if you were bored or coming home from the game shop in anticipation of playing the game.

I'm surprised NoA never released a 25th Anniversary collector's edition for this game at all.

bumpkin

Picked my copy up and played it 'til the battery started dying. I was trying to do one more part before saving and shutting it off, and it froze/locked up on me. :(

I was in the Lost Woods and playing the ocarina to a lone Skullkid in one of the rooms. Anyone else had the same bug?

Top Bottom