• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D |OT| of |OoT|

Thoraxes said:
I just called and they said they'd call me back in the next two days to make sure I get one.
I got the other way around, telling me to call/e-mail back in two days to check if it's done. Seems like their web server is flooded and can't handle the traffic, which is why the pop-up might not show.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Dedication Through Light said:
This cant be happening, my 3DS ran out of power in the middle of the dungeon and apparently save files only resume at the start of dungeons?! Terrible game design choice!

At the start but with all keys and stuff opened. Easy to get where you want, trust me. I guess they should have changed that for this game but hey.... classic Zelda shit. =P

Alrus

This cant be happening, my 3DS ran out of power in the middle of the dungeon and apparently save files only resume at the start of dungeons?! Terrible game design choice!

You never played a Zelda game before right?

kamorra

Fuck Cancer

Well, it was always like that. Is this your first Zelda?

AbsoluteZero said:
Fuck why is this bothering me so much.

Fuck why didn't I wait till I got home to do it.
Dude, call them. They're not going to think you're trying to get 2 copies, not with all the problems they've been having all morning.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
WOOOO, GOT MY COPY GAF!

BY2K said:
En9zE.jpg
It's not even a damn sticker, it's PRINTED ON THE BOX. Stupid bilingual shit ruining the boxart!! (Nothing against Quebec--you guys are cool). But it also ruined DQVI's boxart too.

Going to try to register my copy now...

dc89

radioheadrule83 said:
The form only broke on NOAs site, NOEs site was fine... they should have known better than to use some kind of popup.

I feel justified in leaving work early on Friday now though knowing that there were so few copies for Europe. Sounds too low to me though, that. I'm sure there were probably more / will be more.

The form broke on NOE. I posted about it yesterday.

By the way, wtf is up with the cheesy manual they included with this game? At the very least it's in color, but a flimsy fold out? Bleh.

Game is awesome and that's what really counts, but damn.

AniHawk

went to a million-dollar gamestop where my friend was the manager. they didn't have enough copies for preorders and wouldn't sell to the guy who walked in for one. usually this is just bullshit, but after he left, the guy in charge started asking the other employees to pick up copies if people had extras at other stores... so it sounds like they really were low on supplies.

haha i always hate doing the grave digging for heart part. I can never get it and i run out of rupee's , grrrrrrr

game is amazing so far and having a lot of fun, dat remake B^)

wwm0nkey

AniHawk said:
went to a million-dollar gamestop where my friend was the manager. they didn't have enough copies for preorders and wouldn't sell to the guy who walked in for one. usually this is just bullshit, but after he left, the guy in charge started asking the other employees to pick up copies if people had extras at other stores... so it sounds like they really were low on supplies.
Hey it happens, a lot of stores are short for this game to be honest and its selling really well.

zychi

Banned
two things. one i got the club nintendo website to work for me for ordering the soundtrack. i'm in the us.

2. gamestop is such a joke of a company. preordered using their website, went in at opening..."oh, it says you preordered at the other one across town, we only have enough for preorders." same thing was repeated to me when i went across town. was asked to preorder 5 different games. youjr website doesn't even let me preorder, why the hell would i give you money down? when you can't even get enough copies for walk ins? piss off.

walked into target in the same parking lot, dude had a stack of them right at the cashier in electronics, bought it. simple, no hassle, no "dude you gotta preorder RAGE for ps3! its gonna be badass!" just a "i cant wait to try this out later, i loved the n64 version." comment from the cashier.

there's a reason people root against gamestop, and hate their consistent badgering in store. i'm normally indifferent, and only go there for sunday nintendo releases, but i'm done with them. amazon and random local store for me from now on.

Man I wasn't too into 3d and stuff but the 3d is pretty awesome on this when I got it just right. I wasn't going to do that gyro aim thing either but I think I like it.

Relix said:
At the start but with all keys and stuff opened. Easy to get where you want, trust me. I guess they should have changed that for this game but hey.... classic Zelda shit. =P

That was beneficial, if only they could have left the enemies defeated. I guess I now know to keep my 3DS close to the charger and that I need to make sure to time myself to get through the dungeons. Its just unnecessary hassle.

Alrus said:
You never played a Zelda game before right?
kamorra said:
Well, it was always like that. Is this your first Zelda?

Yep first Zelda. I thought it would do like most other portable games and have instant saving on the spot.

DidntKnowJack said:
By the way, wtf is up with the cheesy manual they included with this game? At the very least it's in color, but a flimsy fold out? Bleh.

Game is awesome and that's what really counts, but damn.

I was initially annoyed, but then I realised I quite liked it. The design was quite nice, the screenshots and control map are way bigger and clearer than you'd get in a standard DS-size manual, and no flicking through pages to find what you want.

Sure it seems a bit of a cop out, but I don't mind it. If it means we still get something in the box, I'm all for it. I only wish it had a map on the back or something.

salromano

I've been aching to play this, but I don't have a 3DS. I've convinced myself to wait for the inevitable slimmer model.

Though, in the meantime, I may just buy this and mooch off my friends' 3DSs to play it.

Side Note: European / Japanese box art > US / Australia box art.

That was beneficial, if only they could have left the enemies defeated. I guess I now know to keep my 3DS close to the charger and that I need to make sure to time myself to get through the dungeons. Its just unnecessary hassle.

Yep first Zelda. I thought it would do like most other portable games and have instant saving on the spot.
Unless it's a room where the door locks behind you and you've got to clear it of enemies you can just run right on past 'em dude.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
MatthewB92 said:
Isn't the CD sold out there? Only got 5,000 copies?
I've seen so many numbers thrown about that until I hear it direct from NoE I'll hold on to a small bit of hope that they will rectify their cockup.

Pretty bad that they never mentioned limited numbers for Europe, just a deadline.

Received the same e-Mail quoted earlier (literally copy paste/"I have taken the liberty to etc"), so I checked my reward orders to be sure (as was instructed). My only hesitation (it's there) is that it says backordered. Does it also say the same for others who have 'solved' the problem via e-Mail?

Okay. Called. Verified my info and actually added a cell number to my account.

Asked what time I completed the survey. I said 10:45am, which was about right considering I got to Best Buy at 10:15ish and was probably in there about half an hour.

Said he'd forward it to the admin dept and I'd hear back within 24-48 hours.

So I guess no guarantees yet but considering he asked me when I called makes me think they are paying attention to who registered earliest.

Edit: Betcha this is the last time we see Nintendo doing something like this.

TheExodu5

Banned
I'm in Canada. Registered the game. A few seconds after it went back to the main games page, I got a pop up with the bonus CD offer.

Disguises

BGBW said:
I've seen so many numbers thrown about that until I hear it direct from NoE I'll hold on to a small bit of hope that they will rectify their cockup.

Pretty bad that they never mentioned limited numbers for Europe, just a deadline.
Doesn't make sense that they'd give a deadline of the 30th and not assume that these apparent 2000 copies wouldn't run out. Hope it gets sorted out...

Alchemy

Just powered through the first dungeon, nostalgia bomb. Feels great. Updated graphics are interesting, but really lack luster for me. The 3D looks great when you're not trying to use the motion controls to shoot. The motion controls really surprised me in their effectiveness, which has created the problem of 'do I use 3D or the motion controls?' because they break the 3D effect very easily.

Somewhat disappointed that your location isn't saved, would have gone a long way towards improving the portability of the title. Guess we're stuck putting the game into sleep mode.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
*EXCITE* I got my soundtrack offer, GAF! I used Firefox in case Chrome or IE crapped out on me.

Now to muscle my way through this game. :D

Disguises

Alchemy said:
Just powered through the first dungeon, nostalgia bomb. Feels great. Updated graphics are interesting, but really lack luster for me. The 3D looks great when you're not trying to use the motion controls to shoot. The motion controls really surprised me in their effectiveness, which has created the problem of 'do I use 3D or the motion controls?' because they break the 3D effect very easily.

Somewhat disappointed that your location isn't saved, would have gone a long way towards improving the portability of the title. Guess we're stuck putting the game into sleep mode.
I simply turn the 3D off for sections where I'd need the motion control, then turn it back on again afterwards.

jman2050

Played through the Deku Tree dungeon, I'll say that independent of everything else, the faster text speed and improved frame rate already makes the purchase worth it.

Top Bottom