• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D |OT| of |OoT|

Izayoi said:
Nah, mine is backordered. See the status.

I sent an email via the two following paths from this page:

Club Nintendo > Club Nintendo Rewards > Ordering
Club Nintendo > Product Registration > Games

Just sent another one.

I forgot to include my account name, but I assume they can pull up my e-mail address...

I'm gonna send one every half hour until I get some sort of response.

Edit: Actually just sent another one, as I was mowing the lawn for a hour and a half, and I forgot to submit this post.

I'll send another one at 9pm.

Sianos

zigg said:
Listen for the music.

I'm actually concerned about when I have to go through them again, since I can't visually distinguish between the right and wrong doors in this version like I could on the others.
You can also in-n-n-nch your way to the very edge of the black. If it stays black, it's a wrong way. If you see through to the other side, go through. This works for all of them but the entrance to the Sacred Meadow.

mileS

The 25th Anniversary slip looks good as a replacement box art. Nice and simple, not a fan of the cover we got in Canada.

Can't wait to start playing (for the first time) but I have to finish watching the NorCal Regional stream. Going to be a good night.

Izayoi

Banned
Kuro Madoushi said:
None left in my area...gotta head downtown.

Smarmy EB employee, "you should've preordered"

asshole...
Fuck Gamestop/EB.

They don't even give out the pre-order bonuses that they promise.

Buy your games from Target, Fred Meyer, Amazon, etc.

Don't give those idiots your money.

AbsoluteZero said:
Just sent another one.

I forgot to include my account name, but I assume they can pull up my e-mail address...

I'm gonna send one every half hour until I get some sort of response.

Edit: Actually just sent another one, as I was mowing the lawn for a hour and a half, and I forgot to submit this post.

I'll send another one at 9pm.
As long as you register it by Monday night, you're guaranteed a copy.

See this thread.

I'm more bothered by the lack of blood than I probably should be. I know just idea the idea of the infamous green blood pissed me off as a kid (never actually seen it in-game tho, OG N64 cart here).

TheFLYINGManga_Ka said:
Quick question: does anyone else see a "double vision" or double image, kind of like a mirror effect when playing this in 3D? Especially when there's a dark background or when Hyrule is at night, I see a slight double vision of Navi and the lighting effects. I also see two Links when I go near a dark cave.

Just wondering if something is wrong with my 3DS or something else.

Could it be my eyes? :(

That's unfortunately a downside to current glasses free 3D technology. Basically, when there is a lot of contrast between colors (say, Navi flying against a dark, nighttime Hyrule field) your eyes (both of them) unintentionally focus on the bright sections of the screen, causing the brighter colors to fade into both images. It can't be helped, really. There is nothing wrong with the 3DS, itself, however.

shadyspace said:
I'm more bothered by the lack of blood than I probably should be. I know just idea the idea of the infamous green blood pissed me off as a kid (never actually seen it in-game tho, OG N64 cart here).

Wait- there's no blood at all?! That's... really weak. He might as well cough up small, adorable kittens!

BY2K said:
As far as I can tell, all the blood was taken out of the Bottom of the Well.

I am not pleased.
.....And now the game is completely ruined for me! Granted, I can see why they changed the well. It probably wouldn't slip by as easily as it could back in 1998. Nintendo probably was making sure the game wouldn't get a T rating. Still disappointing.

BY2K

Membero Americo
shadyspace said:

I am not pleased.

mutsu

Broke the bank and bought a copy with an excessively inflated price in Hong Kong...

It is all worth it though! Hyrule in glorious 3D...!

I must say that the 3D effect in this game is the best I have seen so far on the 3DS. Both the depth and the popping out of the screen 3D is present.

Game looks great with new texture and crisp graphics.

Can't put the game down...!

DarthWoo

I'm glad Grandpa porked a Chinese Muslim
Am I the only one in the world who only just realized that the intro theme is the same as the flute music from the original Legend of Zelda? And yes, I have played through the game several times since 1998.

BY2K said:

I am not pleased.
Yeah. That's some Dragon Ball Kai level bullshit. For christ's sake, this version's got a higher ESRB rating then the original did.

More notes as I play...

I've played through Ocarina of Time perhaps 10 times already on various platforms and even the master quest, but man this game is still something to behold.

Walking around at night time in a village with just the sounds of the birds, wind, and the twinkling stars above in perfect 3D is simply amazing. Had I not a 3DS already this would easily push me over the edge just for this re-mastered classic.

I have had fantastic luck relating to all things OoT3D. Got the game five days before street date. Got the CD 5 minutes after it was made available with no issue, shortly before the entire website crashed.

ciD_Vain

Just picked up the game! I got the 2nd to last copy at my local best buy after having to luck going to 4 stores beforehand. This game is selling out fast.

Also, new Zelda avatar to celebrate my favorite videogame franchise ever.

Izayoi

Banned
ciD_Vain said:
Just picked up the game! I got the 2nd to last copy at my local best buy after having to luck going to 4 stores beforehand. This game is selling out fast.

Also, new Zelda avatar to celebrate my favorite videogame franchise ever.
My friend had to go to three different stores before he could find a copy.

Maybe Nintendo underestimated the demand?

Izayoi said:

A combination of that and stores probably not ordering that many due to 3DS lukewarm sales.

Seda

Izayoi said:

This is exactly was the 3DS needed. Very possible the system explodes this holiday.

Obviously, can't wait for concrete sales numbers in a month too see how much tail this has (Nintendo games are usually fine in that regard).

Wow I might need to start consulting boss guides, the Infernal Dinosaur, King Dodongo had me down to essentially a quarter of a heart piece, and my bombs would consistently miss his mouth, and his hard to dodge (impossible) attacks. Wow. I hope the game gets easier or gives out health during boss fights (or regenerate health?), as Id hate to be at a boss and have to die and reenter the dungeon from start again

There are several moments in the game that look great in 3D, Eruption on Death Mountain was hot.

Dedication Through Light said:
Wow I might need to start consulting boss guides, the Infernal Dinosaur, King Dodongo had me down to essentially a quarter of a heart piece, and my bombs would consistently miss his mouth, and his hard to dodge (impossible) attacks. Wow. I hope the game gets easier or gives out health during boss fights (or regenerate health?), as Id hate to be at a boss and have to die and reenter the dungeon from start again

There are several moments in the game that look great in 3D, Eruption on Death Mountain was hot.

Always bring a bottle with a fairy or milk or a potion. I don't remember the Dodongo arena in particular, but typically in Zelda games there will be some pots around the boss's lair if you get low on health - smash them to pick up some hearts.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death

I'd be willing to help you out if you need it.

You'd be surprised about how well Link can defend himself with the Hyrule shield, You can take rolling king Dodongos and explosives without taking damage if angled right. Things should get easier for you enemy wise as you progress by virtue of getting more heart containers.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™

Tips: Get a bottle handy and go get a Fairy. Can't remember where (sooo many years), but a guide will help you spot one or two. Red Potions work too... though Fairies auto-revive you. Usually bosses have a pot or some grass where you can get hearts. There are obviously some big exceptions to this rule, but yeah... a fairy is great help =D. Besides Zelda bosses don't last half an hour. If you die you know what happens and you know what to do.

L-trigger target him and get up close when throwing bombs and you won't miss. To dodge his attacks run along the inside of the ring and you'll outrun him around the corners. It's definitely not hard to not take damage on that fight.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!

The boss isnt hard, i dont understand how you can miss throwing bombs... are you even L targeting him? It's impossible to miss that way. And you can easily avoid his rolling attack by standing near the lava.

Good to know that the game is selling. Hope it's pushing systems as well.

Cathcart said:
Yeah, I get that. Do you wear glasses? I do but I can't check if they're the cause of it because my vision is so bad that I can't see the screen at normal viewing distance with them off.
I don't wear glasses, but I was thinking about getting my eyes checked. I think my eyes have been getting worse over the years. :(

The 3D effect is slightly annoying, but the game is pretty awesome with it.

unintelligentgenius said:
That's unfortunately a downside to current glasses free 3D technology. Basically, when there is a lot of contrast between colors (say, Navi flying against a dark, nighttime Hyrule field) your eyes (both of them) unintentionally focus on the bright sections of the screen, causing the brighter colors to fade into both images. It can't be helped, really. There is nothing wrong with the 3DS, itself, however.
That makes sense. Good to know nothing is wrong with my system.

BDCasbox

Neo Member

For King Dodongo,
L Target him as he is about to breath fire then throw bomb. To avoid his rolling attack, start running immediately after you hit him. Stay to the little strip of land by the lava. You can avoid the fire attack by standing under his mouth.

I'm also a first timer on this game. Loving it so far.

Wow I might need to start consulting boss guides, the Infernal Dinosaur, King Dodongo had me down to essentially a quarter of a heart piece, and my bombs would consistently miss his mouth, and his hard to dodge (impossible) attacks

You can easily avoid his attacks by standing at the side of the lava pool, he just rolls right on by

Seda

The impressions (especially firsts) in this thread really make me want to play it so bad, don't have the money to drop for a 3DS though..

By the next dungeon you can have three bottles. I recommend getting all three and filling them with fairies if you are really having that much trouble.
There's one rewarded at Lon Lon Ranch for playing Talon's minigame, another as a reward for helping the woman in Kakario round up her chickens, and one is at the bottom of Lake Hylia

BY2K said:
Who do I give the ReDead mask to again?

Give it to the kid who plays in the graveyard during the day.

Hahah. To be clear, I'm not laughing at your abilities. I just got a kick out of how you went ahead and typed out "Infernal Dinosaur, King Dodongo". Please continue to refer to the bosses in this manner as you update us on your playthrough.

DrStiles

Bisnic said:
Anyone can remind me how i can improve my rupee bag? 99 kinda sucks.

The 200 rupee bag is the reward for getting 10 golden Skulltula tokens from those spiders. You have to go to the Skulltula house and there will be a person there who will upgrade your wallet

Seda

shadyspace said:
Hahah. To be clear, I'm not laughing at your abilities. I just got a kick out of how you went ahead and typed out "Infernal Dinosaur, King Dodongo". Please continue to refer to the bosses in this manner as you update us on your playthrough.

Yes, this must be done!

vodka-bull said:
What version of the fire temple theme is in OoT3D?

The common one...

My closest Target where i first went to pick up the game was sent THREE COPIES. Let me repeat: THREE COPIES according to the clerk who immeditaly guessed what i wanted when i asked whether all the stock on the shelves was it. I couldnt believe it. Its a fucking Zelda game!

Finally had to go to gamestop and waitr in line for 10-15 while someone traded a ton of shit for a 3DS and zelda. According to her, she was only sent 7 above their preorder of 50. I managed to grab the second to last non preorder one.

Regarding the Golden Skulltulas, if I kill one but their positioning made the coin out-of-reach, am I SOL or will there be an item that I can get down the line that enables me to retrieve the coin later?

Gamer @ Heart said:
My closest Target where i first went to pick up the game was sent THREE COPIES. Let me repeat: THREE COPIES according to the clerk who immeditaly guessed what i wanted when i asked whether all the stock was out. I couldnt believe it. Its a fucking Zelda game!

Finally had to go to gamestop and waitr in line for 10-15 while someone traded a ton of shit for a 3DS and zelda. According to her, she was only sent 7 above their preorder of 50. I managed to grab the second to last non preorder one.
Damn, makes me wonder how many copies Nintendo World had. Heck, I wonder what went down at the launch party of sorts today.

Montresor

I'm so angry at myself for just not getting it. People keep talking about "perfect 3D" and praise the system's 3-d capabilities... but all I see when holding the system is double vision and my eyes always hurt trying to look at the 3-d. This is the case no matter what angle the system is at and no matter what distance the system is at.

ShinoguTakeruKoeru said:
Regarding the Golden Skulltulas, if I kill one but their positioning made the coin out-of-reach, am I SOL or will there be an item that I can get down the line that enables me to retrieve the coin later?

You'll get an item later, and if you leave that area the Skulltula should respawn.

Montresor said:
I'm so angry at myself for just not getting it. People keep talking about "perfect 3D" and praise the system's 3-d capabilities... but all I see when holding the system is double vision and my eyes always hurt trying to look at the 3-d. This is the case no matter what angle the system is at and no matter what distance the system is at.

Did you mess with the 3D slider? Anywhere from 40-60% is good for me. 100% is very difficult to focus on.

ShinoguTakeruKoeru said:
They'll respawn. Also know that some of the barely out-of-reach ones can be gotten by doing the forward jump attack with a sword.

Top Bottom