• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D |OT| of |OoT|

Kard8p3

I don't have a 3DS so I can't play this but this topic is making me want to play OoT so I'm pulling out the old N64 for a little red blooded Ocarina of Time.

DeVeAn

Do you guys get this thing where let's say a chair or any object pops up where the 3D is too intense? For example in a house and chair is in the foreground like right on the screen. This stuff gave me major headspin.

Also beat the first boss and got the item. Then the 3D went outta whack and I saw 2 images like split screen. Thinking it was my eyes I turn the 3D off then on and it didnt stop until I skipped some text.

Kevtones

brandonh83 said:
Best atmosphere of any videogame locale. Well IMO certainly but yeah it's amazing.

The music OH GOD the music.

The game has such perfect tone when get become an adult. It's dreary and everything looks foreign despite it being your backyard. Then, you go INTO your backyard and find this semi-creeped out BITCHIN' dungeon. Of course the boss is fantastic.

Truth101

Banned
Kard8p3 said:
I don't have a 3DS so I can't play this but this topic is making me want to play OoT so I'm pulling out the old N64 for a little red blooded Ocarina of Time.

Bow down to your superior 3D Ocarina of Time overlords.

HYDE

Banned
HYDE said:
Questions: There's only one orchestrated track on this cartridge, right?

Is it free to download somewhere? If not, I want to at least hear it, can someone link me to the song?

Anyone? Please??

I Push Fat Kids said:
The music OH GOD the music.

The game has such perfect tone when get become an adult. It's dreary and everything looks foreign despite it being your backyard. Then, you go INTO your backyard and find this semi-creeped out BITCHIN' dungeon. Of course the boss is fantastic.

OoT is the perfect analogy for growing up.
It's a whimsical fantasy land when you're a kid.
Then when you grow up BAM! raped by zombies.

HYDE said:
Anyone? Please??
BEHOLD!

Anth0ny

Bisnic said:
Its always like that when you're a child. When you're an adult, it's back to Temple of Time.

The only exception are dungeons.

Personally, i just close the 3DS lid rather than turning it off, i won't really use it for anything else until i'm done with the game and i can start back from where i stop.

yeah, that's what I've been doing. Does sleep mode drain battery? Doesn't look like it.

Kard8p3

RomanticHeroX said:
The boss area for the Forest Temple always felt kinda out of place to me, but that just made it seem more bizarre. I also get massively lost there despite having gone through it so many times.

Apparently that whole boss fight was carried over from a worst case scenario version of the game that would've taken place only in Ganon's castle (similar to Mario 64.)

Teknoman

Bisnic said:
It's one of those times you wish an "Erase Specific Memory" gadget would exist am i right?

Eh its just as great the next time around with the graphic upgrade.

EDIT: Just leave the system in the cradle in sleep mode if possible.

Wow, from the first 10 minutes of playing, wow this game is fast. Text is very fast, characters animate fast, Z L Targeting is extremely fast, menus are also fast... I don't know if I'll ever be able to go back to the N64 game after this. :(

Edit:
The wolf was awesome! ...Well, okay the wolf was a little weird. I just hope I'm not in any of these videos. :p I was mostly standing around getting Streetpass hits, 10 at a time.

DeVeAn said:
Do you guys get this thing where let's say a chair or any object pops up where the 3D is too intense? For example in a house and chair is in the foreground like right on the screen. This stuff gave me major headspin.

Also beat the first boss and got the item. Then the 3D went outta whack and I saw 2 images like split screen. Thinking it was my eyes I turn the 3D off then on and it didnt stop until I skipped some text.

Fight through it. Ive only had Link behind an open giant chest and the lid appeared to pop out the screen so much, it was so much. The boss intros get me everytime, but its just a slight adjustment to moving a bit farther from the screen, then sliding it up closer.

-
How many more hours do I have, I got the spin attack from that Fairy fountain woman. Which, speaking of environments, and water in general, her fountain room looked amazing in 3D.

Halfmunch

I can't believe how good this Zelda is, after all this time! My eyes are starting to hurt, never played a 3DS game with the 3D turned on this long. lol

steadfast

Went to Target late for my weekly run thinking that there's no chance that they'd have everything so late in the evening.

So after throwing in the paper towels and some dijon mustard into my cart, I sauntered past the electronics section just to satisfy my morbid curiosity. Apparently, my Target received STACKS of the game and had plenty ready to go plus several 3DSs still in stock.

I WAS WEAK, BUT IT FEELS SO GOOD

W5c3J.jpg

steadfast said:
Went to Target late for my weekly run thinking that there's no chance that they'd have everything so late in the evening.

So after throwing in the paper towels and some dijon mustard into my cart, I sauntered past the electronics section just to satisfy my morbid curiosity. Apparently, my Target had STACKS of the game ready to go and several 3DSs still in stock.

http://i.imgur.com/W5c3J.jpg[/QUOTE]

Enjoy!
:D
That was basically a 3DS and Zelda with a free Ghost Recon. Pretty good deal.

steadfast said:

So after throwing in the paper towels and some dijon mustard into my cart, I sauntered past the electronics section just to satisfy my morbid curiosity. Apparently, my Target had STACKS of the game ready to go and several 3DSs still in stock.

best two games and the best color system, good work

lol

Teknoman

Wow either my eyes went totally busted, or something is wrong with my copy of the game :p Just grabbed the first heart after beating the first boss, and after Link picked it up, the game went into a complete double display while holding the heart up. This was at 100% 3D slider, and my eyes usually handle the 3D just fine (Face Raiders, Pilotwings, SFIV, Excitebike, etc).

That was just strange. Also anyone find it hard to focus on Link if you're running toward the screen in a large environment? Happened to me in the first boss area.

My eyes dont hurt, but still that was strange. Hopefully I dont run into that issue during Kid Icarus or faster more detailed games.

Kevtones

steadfast said:

So after throwing in the paper towels and some dijon mustard into my cart, I sauntered past the electronics section just to satisfy my morbid curiosity. Apparently, my Target received STACKS of the game and had plenty ready to go plus several 3DSs still in stock.

Now buy Samurai Warriors Chronicles, Boxlife, Zenonia, and Go Series Picdun.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Kard8p3 said:
Im basically doing that, but on the wii.

Teknoman said:
Wow either my eyes went totally busted, or something is wrong with my copy of the game :p Just grabbed the first heart after beating the first boss, and after Link picked it up, the game went into a complete double display while holding the heart up. This was at 100% 3D slider, and my eyes usually handle the 3D just fine (Face Raiders, Pilotwings, SFIV, Excitebike, etc).

That was just strange. Also anyone find it hard to focus on Link if you're running toward the screen in a large environment? Happened to me in the first boss area.
Just turn the 3D off and back on. A momentary hiccup.

MasterShotgun

brazen editing lynx
NateDrake said:
New update on the CD: Due to strong demand and technical issues, we are extending this offer. Members who register the game by midnight, Pacific Time on Monday June 20, 2011 will receive the soundtrack CD

Wait, does this mean midnight PST as in a few hours from now or as in another day? Please be the second one, as I am fearing the worst.

Teknoman said:

My eyes dont hurt, but still that was strange. Hopefully I dont run into that issue during Kid Icarus or faster more detailed games.
This exact thing happened to me. Once I went through the portal, it was fine again.

Symphonic

Game is fantastic. The 3D looks amazing and the graphical upgrades are just insane sometimes. Really enjoying it.

The Target I went to only had 2 left, and my friend said the Gamestop he was at only had 3 left. Wonder how many copies they shipped.

demolitio

I hope to find one at Best Buy after my doctor's appointment tomorrow. I'm hoping that will turn the day around since I know the beginning of the day will suck...lol

It was the trailer on the 3DS that did me in after watching it three times. Specifically the scene where you're young Link standing by the drawbridge at the entrance of Hyrule as it's pouring down rain. The way the camera draws back really made the 3D look appealing.

Luckily I had 20 dollars donated to my cause to get this game since I have no money to spend except on medical bills, yet I somehow found a way to give my dad a good Father's Day which made my mom want to help me out. Weird how it worked out as I didn't expect it, but showing up my brother when I have no money at all must have warmed her heart, lmao.

I hope I get the soundtrack in time.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I love what they did with young Link model, such a huge upgrade compared to all other npcs too. If only his hat wasn't so stiff lol.

brandonh83 said:
Best atmosphere of any videogame locale. Well IMO certainly but yeah it's amazing.
Ocarina of Time's Forest Temple and Metroid Prime 2's Torvus Bogs are the most atmospheric areas in gaming to me.

Whenever I walk into the Forest Temple, I get this odd feeling. It's calming and peaceful, but mysterious and unnerving at the same time. It's the best Zelda dungeon in the series. I mean it to.

Top Bottom