• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D |OT| of |OoT|

MisterAnderson said:
Sort of tempted to pick up a 3DS in line with this... but I sense a price drop later in the year. But I really want that soundtrack :/
A price drop is NOT happening this year. Maybe a pack in with Mario Kart or something, but no official price drop.

Seda

MisterAnderson said:
Sort of tempted to pick up a 3DS in line with this... but I sense a price drop later in the year. But I really want that soundtrack :/

Do what I did and get the game anyways! Not like the game itself is gonna drop in price.

Montresor

The Xtortionist said:
Did you mess with the 3D slider? Anywhere from 40-60% is good for me. 100% is very difficult to focus on.

I didn't think of setting the slider mid-way. I'd usually just swing at at either extreme (100%, eyes hurt, to 0%, perfect clarity and sigh of relief).

I don't own a 3DS, but I've been fiddling with my brother's system.

NateDrake

New update on the CD: Due to strong demand and technical issues, we are extending this offer. Members who register the game by midnight, Pacific Time on Monday June 20, 2011 will receive the soundtrack CD

Izayoi

Banned
Gamer @ Heart said:
My closest Target where i first went to pick up the game was sent THREE COPIES. Let me repeat: THREE COPIES according to the clerk who immeditaly guessed what i wanted when i asked whether all the stock on the shelves was it. I couldnt believe it. Its a fucking Zelda game!
That's weird. They lugged out three huge boxes full of nothing but OoT at the Target I went to.

MisterAnderson said:

amazon warehouse has been selling some like new 3DS's from $180-$250 and the people getting them on CAG say they are great.

Buy the game at least for the soundtrack then keep an eye out on amazon warehouse :D

Izayoi

Banned
MisterAnderson said:
There will be no price drop this year. If it happens, it won't be until late next year at the earliest.

Meier

Got an email and was able to track my CD. Says this:

Ship Via:
MAIL
Tracking #:
Not Available
Shipment Date:
Backordered

Part #
Description

Quantity

Price USD

ZELDA:OCARINA 3D SNDTRK MUSIC CD
$0.00

Teknoman

Cathcart said:
Yeah, I get that. Do you wear glasses? I do but I can't check if they're the cause of it because my vision is so bad that I can't see the screen at normal viewing distance with them off.

B-Dex said:
Noticed the same thing earlier. But again, I am super tired today so might just be m tired eyes.

Getting this too, but no glasses needed or seeing the effect on other games like Pilotwings or SFIV.

unintelligentgenius said:
That's unfortunately a downside to current glasses free 3D technology. Basically, when there is a lot of contrast between colors (say, Navi flying against a dark, nighttime Hyrule field) your eyes (both of them) unintentionally focus on the bright sections of the screen, causing the brighter colors to fade into both images. It can't be helped, really. There is nothing wrong with the 3DS, itself, however.

Good to know then. I guess this just has more going on than past games. Its not really bothersome since the 3D looks great (not that much of an impact my foot) and the framerate stays smooth.

olimpia84

NateDrake said:
New update on the CD: Due to strong demand and technical issues, we are extending this offer. Members who register the game by midnight, Pacific Time on Monday June 20, 2011 will receive the soundtrack CD

Good news. I will go hunt the game tomorrow during my lunch break even though I don't own a 3DS.

Zee-Row

Banned
So did anybody get to the fire temple yet? Is the music the chanting version or the version with the shadow temple samples?

Thoraxes

Izayoi said:
That's weird. They lugged out three huge boxes full of nothing but OoT at the Target I went to.
Yeah, they only had 6 copies at mine. Ended up running into my best friend there at 8AM and he's like "I know why you're here, heh". The guy behind the counter was apparently picking it up too later.

I'm in a relatively populated area too, so i'm not sure why they wouldn't have gotten more. I got mine anyways.

bumpkin

Ouch... I'm stuck already. I just talked to Zelda, got her "letter" and was led out of the castle by her assistant. I wasn't sure where to go so I went back to my home village and everyone keeps saying Saria wants to see me in the Lost Woods, but I'm not getting anywhere; keep ending up in dead-end rooms (with Skullkids).

Seda

bumpkin said:
Ouch... I'm stuck already. I just talked to Zelda, got her "letter" and was led out of the castle by her assistant. I wasn't sure where to go so I went back to my home village and everyone keeps saying Saria wants to see me in the Lost Woods, but I'm not getting anywhere; keep ending up in dead-end rooms (with Skullkids).

I'll keep this to a minimum,
try Kakariko Village

my memory is foggy though

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Forest Temple is such a wonderful dungeon. It's not frustrating at all...it just tries so many things and does them all well.

Sanic

Purely out of curiosity, i'm wondering if anybody has had an overall negative impression of the game, and why? If so, have you played any other games in the series prior to this?

Just finished Jabu-Jabu's belly (Which I never beat as a kid) Everything from there is a new experience for me, so I cant wait to see what's in store.

Shawn128

Watch Da Birdie said:
That reminds me, what about the Mario, Yoshi, and Luigi portraits that you could see through the window at Hyrule Castle. They've been updated?

Just literally closed my 3DS at when you first meet Zelda. I looked to see myself and you see a pattern of a Super Mario Bros. level with pipes, blocks and all.

I just came back from being at the Nintendo World launch party thing. I got sooooo many Streetpass hits. lol

Anyway, gonna play it now! I was waiting until I got home with my headphones.

Y2Kev said:
Forest Temple is such a wonderful dungeon. It's not frustrating at all...it just tries so many things and does them all well.
I always hated it because I was very scared of the Wallmasters.

They still scare me a little. :( That and the Bottom of the
Well

Teknoman

Man the surround sound is so good in this game. Keeping my 3DS on surround input forever...its like it envelopes you in a sound bubble.

DJ88

Are you guys sure when Nintendo says to register by midnight Monday June 20th they don't mean midnight tonight? Technically midnight tonight is Monday June 20th.

As for a first timers impressions, so far I'm really enjoying the game. The Deku tree was actually a lot smaller and shorter than I expected, and the boss was a joke, but obviously it's the first dungeon so I understand. I'll echo what everyone's been saying and say that the 3D effect is really great, there's a lot of depth to every object on screen and I love the solid feeling of the Link model. The 3D in Hyrule field definitely made it feel huge. I wasn't even there for like 3 seconds when that giant plant with helicopter blades of death started flying at me freaked me out. Stopped playing at the outside of the castle where that fat ass Talon was sleeping. Took me forever to figure out how to wake his lazy ass up.

There's just one little thing that bugs me and it may just be me because I'm OCD for these little details and things.

The 3D in the game is awesome, but sometimes when Link stands still after holding and releasing L, or standing close to walls, and at other random times, the 3D image turns into 2D. The image is still deep inside the screen with depth, but everything IN the image goes to 2D. It's kind of hard to explain so here's a visual. Lets pretend you're looking at the game world from the side.

2D. Slider all the way down:

............................Screen
............................Link
............................Rock
............................Tree

Everything is on the same 2D plane.

3D. Slider all the way up:

..................Link
..........Rock
...Tree

Everything is on it's own plane, the screen is like a window at the front.

3D. Weird glitch I'm talking about:

...Link
...Rock
...Tree

Everything is back on the same plane but still deep inside the screen.

As soon as you move link everything goes back to glorious 3D so it's not a huge deal, I was just wondering if other people may have seen the same thing. I hope it's a bug/glitch they can fix, and it's just not me.

Other than that, I'm loving the game so far, can't wait to keep playing.

Pyrokai

Teknoman said:
Man the surround sound is so good in this game. Keeping my 3DS on surround input forever...its like it envelopes you in a sound bubble.

That different from headphones? Are you doing it through the system or the game?

Pollux

Y2Kev said:
fuck that....I always got stuck in Forest. Everything else was good for me, even water. I just could never do a clean Forest run.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Watch Da Birdie said:
That reminds me, what about the Mario, Yoshi, and Luigi portraits that you could see through the window at Hyrule Castle. They've been updated?

There is no portraits anymore, you see a Mario Bros style wall with pipes and clouds.

edit : bah, i see someone else already answered.

Just got to the part where
Zelda flees the castle (I think) and Ganondorf blasts the hell out of you.

I assume this is the point in the game when shit gets real?

Seda

Lucky Number Seven Force said:
Just got to the part where
Zelda flees the castle (I think) and Ganondorf blasts the hell out of you.

I assume this is the point in the game when shit gets real?

Yes....very yes

Thoraxes

DJ88 said:
As soon as you move link everything goes back to glorious 3D so it's not a huge deal, I was just wondering if other people may have seen the same thing. I hope it's a bug/glitch they can fix, and it's just not me.
I haven't had that problem yet, and i'm a good 6 hours into it so far. Will let you know if I do though.

Also, I think you're safe till tomorrow night. There was a thread made for questions and help pertaining to the CD, and a new message up on the Club Nintendo site.

Teknoman

Pyrokai said:
That different from headphones? Are you doing it through the system or the game?

I havent tried headphones with OoT yet, but it seems the surround setting (through the system) works better than headphones for me, with Pilotwings as well.

Of course headphones are the way to go if you're in a noisy environment.

Y2Kev said:

Best atmosphere of any videogame locale. Well IMO certainly but yeah it's amazing.

The boss area for the Forest Temple always felt kinda out of place to me, but that just made it seem more bizarre. I also get massively lost there despite having gone through it so many times.

Got the Ocarina of Time and did pretty much all I could do before moving forward in time. I'm almost dreading it. Shit gets too real :/

Luigi87

I enjoy the nice touches that remain.

Such as letting the full opening play without pressing start, and then the scene of
Koume and Kotake blasting Nabooru plays

Also, the brighter colours make the game look absolutely fantastic.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
DidntKnowJack said:
Ok, wtf? Every time I resume a saved game, I always start back in my house in Kokiri Forest? Why does it keep doing this?
DidntKnowJack
DidntKnowOoT
(Today, 12:07 AM)
Reply | Quote

Bisnic

DidntKnowJack said:
Ok, wtf? Every time I resume a saved game, I always start back in my house in Kokiri Forest? Why does it keep doing this?

Its always like that when you're a child. When you're an adult, it's back to Temple of Time.

The only exception are dungeons.

Personally, i just close the 3DS lid rather than turning it off, i won't really use it for anything else until i'm done with the game and i can start back from where i stop.

Luigi87

DidntKnowJack said:

That's how it always has been with Young Link.

Unless you save in a dungeon, you always start at his home.

Alternatively, Adult Link always starts in the Temple of Time.

Edit: Too slow.

KevinCow

Banned
"Hey Link! There's lots of lava in here! Don't step in it! It might hurt!"

gee thanks navi i don't know what i'd do without you

Bisnic

flintstryker said:
GOD I FUCKING HATE YOU NEW TIMERS ARSADHDGA!!!!!!

Yes I am fucking jealous :(

It's one of those times you wish an "Erase Specific Memory" gadget would exist am i right?

Top Bottom