• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D |OT| of |OoT|

allreal

besiktas1 said:
me again... stuck again :)

still at the rockeaters bit. used flute to open door. talked to man there. used flame on torches. Thing in middle starts spinning around. Used flame on bomb plants. Opened doorway to forrest. Back at forest....
I was stuck there too, you can walk across on the rope to the middle platform, talk to that dude n he should giveyou a hint. Remember to stand on the mat that the king is on wen u whip out your flute.

AniHawk

got to the third dungeon and decided to call it quits for the night. despite not having played the original game since 1999, i am remembering quite a bit about it, like having to get the zora scale (or just that there was something to do with diving), and some other puzzle elements.

besiktas1

LaserBuddha said:
Welcome to a GAF Zelda thread.

I'm out of here then. Back to OT... never should have ventured over :( he hurt my feelings. Thanks to those who helped. I'll probably bother a few with pm's instead...

AniHawk said:
got to the third dungeon and decided to call it quits for the night. despite not having played the original game since 1999, i am remembering quite a bit about it, like having to get the zora scale (or just that there was something to do with diving), and some other puzzle elements.

my memory is very far from being that good

mutsu

AniHawk said:

Funny how our memory works. I also haven't played the game since the original release, and I do remember some details of the game. Not remembering a lot though so the game is also kinda feeling fresh for me, not just in terms of the graphics but all the gameplay elements.

GAME has really got on my nerves lately.

Firstly, the game didn't come until a day after release, making it so I was too late to get the soundtrack.

Now the fucking preorder box and poster hasn't come yet.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
Good thing Uncharted 3 and Zelda SS are out this year, it would have been weird to give my GOTY vote to a 13 years old game. It just feels so good :)

On my way to the Forest Temple.

ashbash159 said:
GAME has really got on my nerves lately.

Firstly, the game didn't come until a day after release, making it so I was too late to get the soundtrack.

Now the fucking preorder box and poster hasn't come yet.

Same story here. I can only hope they at least package the poster properly so it doesn't get damaged, they've managed to fuck everything else up so far so I'm not holding my breath.

Think I'll do some more exploring before tackling the 3rd dungeon. Just been multitasking a lot between this, LADX, DK94 and Minecraft (mostly Minecraft);

KevinCow

Banned
I think I've played up through getting the Master Sword like ten times, but up to the water temple like five times, and I think I've only beaten the water temple and the rest of the game once.

So I'm in the third dungeon now and there's nothing I've really forgotten, but everything after the Master Sword is kind of a blur. I don't even remember what comes after the water temple.

daffy

Banned
besiktas1 said:
I'm out of here then. Back to OT... never should have ventured over :( he hurt my feelings. Thanks to those who helped. I'll probably bother a few with pm's instead...
:lol

Gaming side is a children's day care compared to the constant yo mama fight that is OT.

Morokh

KevinCow said:
I think I've played up through getting the Master Sword like ten times, but up to the water temple like five times, and I think I've only beaten the water temple and the rest of the game once.

So I'm in the third dungeon now and there's nothing I've really forgotten, but everything after the Master Sword is kind of a blur. I don't even remember what comes after the water temple.

I was thinking of skipping this one, but then realized the same thing as you, I never finished the game, and can't even tell where I went after water temple (is the one with the wolves after ?)
and GAF hype does his work too as always ! damn you people ! xD

but must finish Ghost-Recon first I don't want to start a 3DS backlog :p

Deku said:
Yeah I never said the internet doesn't work, but when your on 3DS and not DS mode and in wireless internet range, you should always be logged on, and this will be reflected on your on-line status.

You should get one of your friends to see if it shows you as online and playing OOT. It'd be cool if its intentional and the system pings the buddy status service a message to say you're going into the game and ceases further communication until you hit home / do something else. Although I would have thought they'd have the service ping your system, to check you haven't gone offline / switched your system off... which it can't do if you don't have an IP on your WAN.

KevinCow said:

Thankfully I remembered more about the Water Temple than I thought I would -- such as
lowering the water level to the bottom, then raising it to the second, but going back towards the room where I lowered it to the bottom in order to bomb a wall and get an elusive key, and the location of other keys, that part where you shoot the eye and use the longshot to zip through the gate just in time...

But when I try to remember the Desert Colossus or the Shadow Temple I can't remember anything except that there are
witches and gerudo
involved in the former, and the
eye of truth
involved in the latter.

Its cool seeing that this is some players' first experience with the title. I love that besiktas and others are getting occasional hints and tips from helpful GAF!

Well I've got 10 hearts, 42 Gold Skull pieces and... I'm still child Link!
Not long beat the Jabu Jabu dungeon and I've probably put close to 20 hours in this game.
Guess it's now time to move onto the dark grown up side of the game :(

jufonuk

not tag worthy
I've finally got it.. went to the collection office picked it up and then held it aloft in the air in triumph.. ok not actually, but in my mind I did..

well I am impressed so far with it, my first time playing it...tell me does it have exploration parts/upgrades etc a la Metroid/shadow complex??

only had half an hour play time so far looking forward to playing this in my commute, possible at home as well...kinda glad I held off on the VC version to get this...it does a great job of looking old school with some nice modern lighting touches..plus the 3D looks awesome..kinda like going into the world. loved the rain coming out the screen..tell me does the Navi tour the village in the N64 game? including the fence part or is that new? I have not reference to this game so experiencing it first time..did I tell you I like it so far? :p

AniHawk

jufonuk said:
I've finally go it.. went to the collection office picked it up and then held it aloft in the air in triumph.. ok not actually, but in my mind I did..

well I am impressed so far with it, my first time playing it...tell me does it have exploration parts/upgrades etc a la Metroid/shadow complex??

only had half an hour play time so far looking forward to playing this in my commute, possible at home as well...kinda glad I held off on the VC version to get this...it does a great job of looking old school with some nice modern lighting touches..plus the 3D looks awesome..kinda like going into the world. loved the rain coming out the screen..tell me does the Navi tour the village in the N64 game? including the fence part or is that new? I have not reference to this game so experiencing it first time..did I tell you I like it so far? :p

the fence part was in the n64 version. it blew my 13 year-old mind in 1998.

GJS

jufonuk said:
I've finally go it.. went to the collection office picked it up and then held it aloft in the air in triumph.. ok not actually, but in my mind I did..

There are trading side quests to earn some items, side quests to earn bottles, hidden heart pieces to collect and Golden Skulltulas which unlock a few items and wallets, other than that new items are limited to dungeons really.

Navi flying through Kokiri Forest was in the N64 version.

SmokyDave

polyh3dron said:
Playing this game I have killed my 3DS's battery for the first time. And the second time, the third time... etc etc etc
There's a "great 8 hours of gaming" joke here, but I ain't making it.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I have a kind of love/hate thing going on with this. I love the atmosphere, the environment, and all the characters. But I tend to blunder around banging my head into walls quite a lot, until I stumble on the correct way through, and then onto the next one.

AniHawk

i played for about 3 hours with different amounts of 3d and the battery was near dead. playing with about 20% 3d is the way i'm going to go moving forward. just enough to separate the hud/text boxes from the game and add a little bit of depth.

i crank it to 11 at certain points though, usually after reaching a great height.

AniHawk said:
i played for about 3 hours with different amounts of 3d and the battery was near dead. playing with about 20% 3d is the way i'm going to go moving forward. just enough to separate the hud/text boxes from the game and add a little bit of depth.

i crank it to 11 at certain points though, usually after reaching a great height.

That's kind of pointless because the battery is only affected by 3D on or off, not how much is being used.

polyh3dron said:
Playing this game I have killed my 3DS's battery for the first time. And the second time, the third time... etc etc etc

In just a couple of days (I didn't play it yesterday because I had work to do) - I've played it for over 10 hours. I've had Pilotwings since launch and I've only played that for just over 12... it already tops my Activity Log chart for 'average play'.

AniHawk

Inferno313 said:
That's kind of pointless because the battery is only affected by 3D on or off, not how much is being used.

well good to know. at least i'll have a time frame in mind while i play.

Chopper

I want to finish this before looking at a guide for 100% gold skulltullas and stuff. I forget though, are there many permanent missables that I need to be aware of?

Celine

AniHawk said:

Do you keep wifi on ?
My 3DS last 3 and half hours with SSF4 online sessions ( but I use the second lowest luminosity ).

Myriadis

Chopper said:
I want to finish this before looking at a guide for 100% gold skulltullas and stuff. I forget though, are there many permanent missables that I need to be aware of?
There aren't any permanent missables.

protonion

Chopper said:

AFAIK there are no missables in any zelda game.

AniHawk

Celine said:
Do you keep wifi on ?
My 3DS last 3 and half hours with SSF4 online sessions ( but I use the second lowest luminosity ).
nah, i turned that off. weird thing was, it was showing at about 90% power for the first two hours, and then at the end of the third there was one red bar left.

Chopper

Myriadis said:
There aren't any permanent missables.
That's excellent news, thanks. Does that include Heart Containers? I always wondered what would happen if you stepped into the blue light before picking up the container a boss left behind. Never had the balls to try it!

dc89

Chopper said:
That's excellent news, thanks. Does that include Heart Containers? I always wondered what would happen if you stepped into the blue light before picking up the container a boss left behind. Never had the balls to try it!

I think you'll miss it then haha!

Chopper said:

You can always head back into the boss room and the Heart container will still be sitting there.

Myriadis

Chopper said:

You can come back later and pick it up then.The blue light as well as the heart container is still there.

Edit:Beaten like Beyonce.

In OOT there are no missables. I did a quick search and the only thing I found is about a deku nut upgrade that you cannot get after somepoint due to a glitch. Maybe they fixed it...
Huh?This is the first time I heard about this.Care to elaborate?

protonion

Varjet said:
Never played Minish Cap, huh?

I have but since I didn't like it, I only finished it once and never bothered with exploration.

In OOT there are no missables. I did a quick search and the only thing I found is about a deku nut upgrade that you cannot get after somepoint due to a glitch. Maybe they fixed it...

ace3skoot

Chopper said:

it stays there until you pick it up :). but may of us have done run throws with least amount of hearts possible just for fun and to add challenge as the game is quite easy really, even on master quest, though the new MQ i here you take more damage could be fun :)

Chopper

protonion said:
...the only thing I found is about a deku nut upgrade that you cannot get after somepoint due to a glitch. Maybe they fixed it...
That's quite interesting. Anyone know more about this?

Holmes

Yeah, I was gonna mention the Deku Nut upgrade that you need the Mask of Truth for... I don't know if they fixed it either, but I'm not gonna try and find out. :)

edit: It's in the dead end of Lost Woods, near the Sacred Meadow. You fall in the hole there, wear a mask, and the deku scrubs there react to the mask. For the Mask of Truth, you get a Deku Nut upgrade, but in the N64 version, if you become Adult Link before getting it, you've missed it.

protonion

Chopper said:
That's quite interesting. Anyone know more about this?

In lost woods there is a hidden hole in some grass area. There are deku scrubs in there that give you rewards if you show them your masks. The mask of truth gives you the deku nut upgrade. However if you show the mask after the master sword twist you won't get it.

Kirby102

PataHikari said:
Chopper said:
You can always head back into the boss room and the Heart container will still be sitting there.
This is how '3 Heart' runs are done :)

I want to get this game, and see what glitches are still in the game. I'd love to speedrun/do a 3 heart run in this game.

Sigh. Still waiting another 10 days before Australia gets their hands on. FFFFFUUU-

Top Bottom