• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D |OT| of |OoT|

Muskweeto

I've been playing most of the day and I'm almost to the water temple, this is a fantastic remake.

I'm not a fan of the 3D but I love the motion aiming, I've been able to pull off moves in the shooting gallery that I could never do with a joystick.

The added animations are nice too, has anyone noticed how link spins his sword every now and then when targeting an enemy like in Twilight Princess? There are a bunch of other new animations as well.

Deku

Banned
GasProblem said:
I can use the Internet Browser just fine when I suspend the game using the Home button.

Yeah I never said the internet doesn't work, but when your on 3DS and not DS mode and in wireless internet range, you should always be logged on, and this will be reflected on your on-line status.

Playing OOT drops you from the connection unless you force your system to go online.

Acerac

Banned
I was extremely skeptical of this game to the point of not going to get it, but I splurged when I noticed the sale at Target.

Holy crap I am impressed. The 3d is beautiful, the gyroscope controls are great, and the slight layer of polish is extremely welcome while keeping the game's original charm. Despite the fact that I already own multiple versions of the game and have beaten it tons of times, it manages to feel completely fresh with all the new features.

I can finally get rid of my gamecube copy; this is how the game should be played.

Branson

Dark Schala said:
So glad you're enjoying it. Reading first timers' impressions in this thread are a major treat. Just wait until you get deeper into the game. :D

In addition to Link's Awakening, you should try out A Link to the Past, Majora's Mask and The Wind Waker. Just sayin'. I hope you try out more of the series and enjoy what it has to offer. :)

Yea, like you guys said, this makes me want to check out the whole series now after finally...I guess, getting it? Can't wait to dig into this game more.

Kard8p3

Branson said:
Yea, like you guys said, this makes me want to check out the whole series now after finally...I guess, getting it? Can't wait to dig into this game more.

If you're really liking it now just wait till you get deeper in.

_woLf

Have to ask. When you guys beat the queen boss, and got the first heart expansion item, when it did a close up on it....did the 3D completely mess up?

Mine had two visible shots even when I was in the right viewing angle, and the item was rotating at different speeds. Was really really odd.

Medalion

Banned
_woLf said:
Have to ask. When you guys beat the queen boss, and got the first heart expansion item, when it did a close up on it....did the 3D completely mess up?

Mine had two visible shots even when I was in the right viewing angle, and the item was rotating at different speeds. Was really really odd.
Yes, there are already a few posts about this, even a screenshot supporting it on previous page

Teknoman

_woLf said:

So far its happened to everyone almost everyone. Surprised no one mentioned it in the review, unless the first shipment = bugged copies? My game didnt flip out when I got the milk though...so maybe its just random.

Anyway, cant believe i'm having trouble finishing the escaped cucco gathering minigame.

EDIT: I'm also surprised people actually doubted a remake of one of the most well received Zelda titles wouldn't be something great.

_woLf said:

Two hearts living in just one mind
You know it, two hearts living in just one mind

Playing this game in completely rejuvenated in 3D is not only amazing, but really helps me to recall ever so clearly Nintendo ushering in their key franchises in 3D (er,) for the first time and how truly great a transition was made. Finishing up the third dungeon now and totally ready for the rest.

_woLf said:

This isn't happening to me either. But there are a few instances in which my eyes bug out (but nowhere neaaaarrr close to the screen cap earlier, whoa!). I'd say for me personally, 99.9% of the time there are no problems. This is primarily, for me, when items are shooting a little too far at me and is very slight.

allreal

First time playing oot n it is quite awesome, cannot put it down. I have 2 small questions, n i don't want to use a guide.

How do you get that one chicken in the corner, between the fence n wall. I see the ladder but can't get there?

N am I supposed to throw a plant bomb in that giant spining vase, I've been trying for at least 15 minutes?

Already got 3 songs just going around n figuring stuff out. Feels good man.

Man, I'm such a sucker for when objects seem to "pop out" of the screen, makes me wanna go "wow" like a little kid like every time.

I just beat the second dungeon -- everything from here one is new for me. By the way, did most enemies in here also explode in the original? It's sometimes slightly brutal.

As much as I like this version, I still can't get used to the "Hyrule Field" theme in this game, though, it simply doesn't seem to have any "punch" to it.

mutsu

_woLf said:

Didn't happen to me. I am playing Japanese version of the game.

magicalsoundshower said:
As much as I like this version, I still can't get used to the "Hyrule Field" theme in this game, though, it simply doesn't seem to have any "punch" to it.

But it's so varied. :(

Honestly I felt it was a major upgrade over the traditional theme, which ran its race long before OoT came out.

Delio

First time seriously playing this game and i am enjoying it. It's not as hard as i imagined it to be (Then again i'm still early game. Just got the third stone)

Muskweeto

allreal said:
First time playing oot n it is quite awesome, cannot put it down. I have 2 small questions, n i don't want to use a guide.

How do you get that one chicken in the corner, between the fence n wall. I see the ladder but can't get there?

N am I supposed to throw a plant bomb in that giant spining vase, I've been trying for at least 15 minutes?

Already got 3 songs just going around n figuring stuff out. Feels good man.
1)
If I understand where you're talking about, pick up a chicken and jump off the ledge just outside the windmill facing the tall fence, you'll float over and when you reach the fence let go of the chicken to grab the fence, jump down the other side and grab any chickens you find and throw them over the fence.

2)
Yes, but you should wait untill you get the bomb bag so you don't have to keep running back and forth to the bomb flower.

Hope that helped.

_woLf said:

This happened to me as well.

Cheska

Easily the best 3DS game released IMO. Can't get over how wonderfully this plays on a handheld too.

How long does it usually take you veterans to beat the whole game?

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Thoraxes said:
Man, I was one of those "Gyroscope controls are gimmicky" people, but hell, it's implemented so well, and besides using it to aim for stuff, when you free look with the camera, it's completely amazing and so much faster to use to look around. Really really wonderful job on those. I have to turn off the 3D for it, but that's the beauty of the system: I have choice.

Also the 3D is wonderful in this game, and this is the first time I feel really sold on the 3D as an absolute gameplay enhancer. I'm really looking forward to what other developers are going to bring to the system now, that's for sure.

Also Nintendo/Grezzo, you made me a believer in gyroscope controls. I can even use them accurately while laying down in my bed.

try closing one eye, its a bit quicker than turning 3D off all the time. You can also pretend its helping you to aim

kizmah

Reading this thread I just can't help myself. I don't own a 3DS but my brother does. So today I'm gonna buy myself this game and enjoy the greatest adventure once again.

Darryl

Banned
Cheska said:
Easily the best 3DS game released IMO. Can't get over how wonderfully this plays on a handheld too.

I've never counted. :(

I feel like it's probably around 20~25 hours for the story, with 30~35 hours to beat everything else.

besiktas1

me again... stuck again :)

still at the rockeaters bit. used flute to open door. talked to man there. used flame on torches. Thing in middle starts spinning around. Used flame on bomb plants. Opened doorway to forrest. Back at forest....

Deku said:
Yeah I never said the internet doesn't work, but when your on 3DS and not DS mode and in wireless internet range, you should always be logged on, and this will be reflected on your on-line status.

Playing OOT drops you from the connection unless you force your system to go online.
You cant even force it online. If you hit the friends list it just says your offline.

Anywayz after beating the Forest Temple. i've quit
For the day
just an awsome remake all around. Seriously I could never imagine going back to the N64 version after this. (Not that I would since I prefer handhelds anywayz)

Also got a Adult Wallet and a Side Heart Container already. Awsome I never really did any sidequests on my only preious playthrough.

I played for over 7 hours in one day. And thats with 2 hours going into my first playthrough of Final Fantasy 7. I've been busy today.

Still no email from nintendo about the cd...I better get it...

Oh and I love Gyro controls.

Jackano

Cheska said:

23h so far and I have still the Ganon castle to do.
Note that I completed the 100 Gold skulltulas so far, but skipped fishing and boss challenge, and still missing the 4 last piece of heart containers. So you can count at least 25h, up to 30h overall for me to get 100%. (and maybe 20h if I was going straight to Ganon).

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
besiktas1 said:

still at the rockeaters bit. used flute to open door. talked to man there. used flame on torches. Thing in middle starts spinning around. Used flame on bomb plants. Opened doorway to forrest. Back at forest....
Go back to Goron City (you can just use the doorway you opened up), work your way up to Goron City's entrance and go out. From there, hang a right. You'll find a single bomb flower and a Goron. Pick it up and throw it over the fence to destroy the boulder blocking the cave. Go into the cave.

Hope that helps.

besiktas1 said:

Why do you keep calling them rockeaters?

Aquavelvaman said:
I wonder if it's a side effect of the higher framerate

tumblr_lafqxfN3HK1qc9dv3.gif

besiktas1

shadyspace said:
Why do you keep calling them rockeaters?

The only thing I remember about them is they said they eat rocks. :) I have no nostalgia, not following the story too much and have never played a Zelda before. Their name is not that important to me. Sorry if that offends you :p

besiktas1 said:
The only thing I remember about them is they said they eat rocks. :) I have no nostalgia, not following the story too much and have never played a Zelda before. Their name is not that important to me. Sorry if that offends you :p
The only thing that offends me is your apparent total lack of reading comprehension.

allreal

Muskweeto said:
1)
If I understand where you're talking about, pick up a chicken and jump off the ledge just outside the windmill facing the tall fence, you'll float over and when you reach the fence let go of the chicken to grab the fence, jump down the other side and grab any chickens you find and throw them over the fence.

2)
Yes, but you should wait untill you get the bomb bag so you don't have to keep running back and forth to the bomb flower.

Hope that helped.
Ah sweet thanks

Top Bottom