• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D |OT| of |OoT|

Izayoi

Banned
Aeana said:
Well, you caught a bunch of people with your other posts, but now I hope it will be obvious to people that you're just trying to be like AstroLad.
Hahaha. I've been too busy playing all day to participate much in the threads, but I can't believe anyone took his posts seriously.

After "auto-regen health" everyone should've known. Come on, guys.

XxCGSxX

So is it my eyes or am I seeing ghosting/double type images every time on darker settings (for ex. at the dark doorways of the forest) but on brighter settings it isn't noticeable?

How About No said:
Do you have a means of diving underwater yet? There's an underwater door you can take to continue. I...think you need to do a minigame at the top of the waterfall in the Domain to get the item that allows you to dive.

SmithnCo said:
Get the diving scale from the minigame just past King Zora and look for somewhere to swim into

Thanks, I didnt know I could go over there and dive, but got it now, or that there were minigames. Seems compelling, may dive some more. Swimming controls and the camera is pretty wonky paired together, cant get used to it but I can at least get to and from the doorway, and I finally got a bottle, in the lake. Now to find those fairies people talked about for extra healing.

Chopper

I only notice ghosting in the Temple of Light, or wherever it is the Sages are hanging out at the end of dungeons. Only there, but it is every time.

ToD_

XxCGSxX said:
So is it my eyes or am I seeing ghosting/double type images every time on darker settings (for ex. at the dark doorways of the forest) but on brighter settings it isn't noticeable?
That's just some 3D crosstalk, not exclusive to Zelda. The parallel barriers don't block the light 100% from getting to the eye it's not supposed to go to, so in dark areas you'll see brighter spots double.

Luigi87

XxCGSxX said:

No, there definitely is double-imaging in dark areas.

Edit: Not only too slow, but also beaten by a logical explanation =(

XxCGSxX said:
Ooooh I get it now, so It isn't my eyes then?
Occasionally from time to time there will be a split second where it does the double vision thing or screw up but never consistently or longer than a second for me anyway.

Edit: okay someone explained what you were talking about above. I thought it was my viewing angle when I saw that so I always adjusted it. I believe in darker areas the viewing angle is even smaller.

bananaman1234

Unconfirmed Member
Game looks best in 2D with AA imo. No 3D double images and pixelated everything and this way you can use the superior gyro motion controls without breaking 3D.

XxCGSxX said:
It is annoying but I guess I'll have to get used to it, amazing game btw, a lot of memories coming back to me :') .
I know what you mean about the memories. I just defeated Armoured Parasite Arachnid Ghoma, and as i was fighting her, a wave of nostalgia hit me like a ton of bricks. God i was so young and naive back in 98. I remember quitting my job so i could stay home and play this game :)

Medalion

Banned
I really cannot get used to this far off 3D that occurs most often than not... I am gonna end up playing this mostly in 2D from now on

kaskade

Just ordered my 3DS. It'll be here Wednesday, amazon is giving a 25 dollar credit when you buy it too which is nice. Can't wait.

Medalion said:
I really cannot get used to this far off 3D that occurs most often than not... I am gonna end up playing this mostly in 2D from now on

I've been doing the same. I think the colors feel slightly more saturated in 2d as well, but that could just be my eyes playing tricks on me.

Medalion

Banned
Axkil aka StabMasterArson said:
Far off 3D? i don't understand....do you mean the depth?
It's a lot harder to find the 3D sweet spot in this game than I was expecting... I keep seeing a double image of something on screen slightly ghosted to the far left or far right...it is very distracting.

I am used to finding the 3D sweet spot in 3DS in general, this game for some reason is really weird for this

Marvie_3

Banned
Chopper said:
I only notice ghosting in the Temple of Light, or wherever it is the Sages are hanging out at the end of dungeons. Only there, but it is every time.
That's the only place I REALLY notice it too.

ToD_

Medalion said:
It's a lot harder to find the 3D sweet spot in this game than I was expecting... I keep seeing a double image of something on screen slightly ghosted to the far left or far right...it is very distracting.

I am used to finding the 3D sweet spot in 3DS in general, this game for some reason is really weird for this
This game seems to have a much stronger 3D effect than most games, except for maybe Pilotwings. Probably the nicest 3D I've yet seen on the 3DS, so I'm sorry to hear it's not working out for you. Hopefully with some fiddling you'll get it to a comfortable level!

Pollux

bummyhead said:
I want screens because my girlfriend won't let me buy a 3DS yet..... :(

Please, even camera shots would be nice.
Dude, my girlfriend bought me the 3DS and the new Zelda game....

cacophony

Just got my 3DS with this and played through the Deku Tree. Plays and looks amazing. I played with the 3D for the first time (all the way up) and it kinda gave me a headache and made me feel cross eye. Do you get used to this?

Aeana

cacophony said:
Just got my 3DS with this and played through the Deku Tree. Plays and looks amazing. I played with the 3D for the first time (all the way up) and it kinda gave me a headache and made me feel cross eye. Do you get used to this?
I got used to it after about 20 minutes, personally.

Medalion said:

Yeah the same thing happened to me with ridge racer, though i find it easier to keep the sweet spot in this game.

Eteric Rice

Just beat the dude from death mountain. Fairy keeps telling me to go visit the fairy at the top of the mountain.

It's been so long since I last played this game that I don't remember what to do anymore. :(

Where the fuck is that fairy?

cacophony said:
Thats just the 3DS reformatting your vision and brain. Play through the pain and it will pass quicker :)

evangd007

This is just the game I needed right now. I had been playing way too many competitive multiplayer games lately and I just needed something to get lost into without worrying about sucking too much. Thanks Zelda!

If only the no-ghosting sweet spot was greater than +/-1° angle, then it would be perfect.

Beth Cyra

Well up to the 3rd stone.

Happy about the increased FPS, makes it feel better.

Outside of that Ocarina is Ocarina, happy to have it in my hands though.

Got to say I really don't like the graphics.

evangd007

cacophony said:

I played about 2 hours of Ghost Recon when I first got my 3DS before my eyes got used to it. They expect a 2D image and are getting a 3D one, so they are all confused until they realize that it's ok.

wwm0nkey

Warning for those who just got a 3DS or are now just using the 3D again after a month.

Text may appear to pop out on these forums and other places, you are not crazy but it will happen lol

Eteric Rice said:
Just beat the dude from death mountain. Fairy keeps telling me to go visit the fairy at the top of the mountain.

It's been so long since I last played this game that I don't remember what to do anymore. :(

When you leave Goron City, there should be a path you can climb up on your left (past where you dropped the bomb to open the cavern)

Haven't played the game in a little less than a decade though lol, but I'm pretty sure that's how you get up there.

Eteric Rice said:

Across the volcano eruption path higher than Goron City.

cacophony said:
Aeana said:
I got used to it after about 20 minutes, personally.
Took me about the same.

But yeah, I also felt like I was going cross-eyed the first time I tried it at a Best Buy. It felt like focusing on one of those optical illusions, except my eyes did it reactively. Weird shit, but it subsided after a half hour or so, and then my eyes were adjusted. Has only felt natural since then. :)

Also, is it just me, or is this game selling like hotcakes? Everywhere I've gone, the game has been sold out. I've been to multiple K-Marts, Targets, and Gamestops, and I got lucky and snagged the last copy at an out-of-the-way Gamestop. I mean, the friggin' game was even sold out in places an hour after it was even released.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Got the Aussie version, we got the crappish manual but a nice shiny case. :D

Ok stupid question, how do i aim with the gyroscope? Is there a button i have to hold down? I just can't seem to get any movement. I see the little 3DS with the arrows around it at the top right of the screen, but when i go into first person mode, nothinbg happens. what am i doing wrong?

Ok stupid question, how do i aim with the gyroscope? Is there a button i have to hold down? I just can't seem to get any movement. I see the little 3DS with the arrows around it at the top right of the screen, but when i go into first person mode, nothinbg happens. what am i doing wrong?

?

There's several ways to aim using the gyroscope. When you're L targeting, You can move your system around to look in your general eye-sight area. When you tap "View" or whatever it is, or go into your bow view, you can also move around with the system, but with much more movement.

I fucking love all the posters that are in Impa's house at Kakariko village. They all foreshadow actions that you'll have to do at certain points in the game. Not sure if this was in the 64 game or not, but I was just amazed when I saw them for some reason.

DeathbyVolcano said:
?

There's several ways to aim using the gyroscope. When you're L targeting, You can move your system around to look in your general eye-sight area. When you tap "View" or whatever it is, or go into your bow view, you can also move around with the system, but with much more movement.
Its not working for me. Is there an burried in the menu somewhere that i need to turn on?

mutsu

When you see that 3DS icon with arrows, that indicates you are in a mode where you can control with the gyro. After that, all you need to do is move your 3DS around in the air to aim. If it doesn't work, maybe there's something wrong with your system.

Its not working for me. Is there an burried in the menu somewhere that i need to turn on?

There's a menu option to turn it OFF. It should be on by default.

Press Start during the game and on the bottom there is the Options menu. Check if it's not or not.

bananaman1234

Unconfirmed Member
If you bring up your slingshot, bow, or hookshot you should automatically be able to just move your ds around to aim. It should be on by default but to check press start and then go to options.

Is there some secret strategy Im supposed to use on the BigOcto in Jabu Jabu, its to difficult and I keep getting game over, its quite frustrating. Link doesnt even run fast enough to catch it.

Only two dungeons in -- never beat this game, always got my ass kicked by the Water Temple.

But this time will be different. The upgrade is fantastic, a genuine treat to play. Framerate is very nice, and while the combat still pales in comparison to WW and (the Zelda combat king) TP, it's much more playable than I remember.

mutsu

StickSoldier said:
I love all the posters that are in Impa's house at Kakariko village. They all foreshadow actions that you'll have to do at certain points in the game. Not sure if this was in the 64 game or not, but I was just amazed when I saw them for some reason.

Awesome find! Let me go take a look...

Dedication Through Light said:
Is there some secret strategy Im supposed to use on the BigOcto in Jabu Jabu, its to difficult and I keep getting game over, its quite frustrating. Link doesnt even run fast enough to catch it.

Use the boomerang to stun his squishy ass

Top Bottom