• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D |OT| of |OoT|

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
I forgot how annoying Navi is every five minutes she has something else to say. It needs to stop telling me to stop playing.

hamchan

Dedication Through Light said:
Is there some secret strategy Im supposed to use on the BigOcto in Jabu Jabu, its to difficult and I keep getting game over, its quite frustrating. Link doesnt even run fast enough to catch it.

Basic Zelda rule is to always use the new item you received in the dungeon!

Synless

Is the music updated? I feel like it sounds a hell of a lot better. Than again, I only beat this game once when the game came out.

smokeymicpot said:
I forgot how annoying Navi is every five minutes she has something else to say. It needs to stop telling me to stop playing.
Luckily I'm playing at home, so there's no one to stare at me when I answer with the appropriate "I'll stop when I want to stop, you god damn wussy ass fairy!"

The 3DS has a microphone, I'm sure Navi can hear me.

Synless said:
Is the music updated? I feel like it sounds a hell of a lot better. Than again, I only beat this game once when the game came out.
Music was completely redone by the Mario Galaxy guy with the intent of sounding as close to the original as possible. The quality should be a little better.

Im just saying, it really wouldnt be odd to at least have some music with vocals in Zelda, the theme in Brawl with latin vocals proves this, it would be fitting for the setting of say this game.
Jeremy%20Piven%20-%20Get%20the%20Fuck%20Out.gif

Gravijah

Elfforkusu said:
Luckily I'm playing at home, so there's no one to stare at me when I answer with the appropriate "I'll stop when I want to stop, you god damn wussy ass fairy!"

The 3DS has a microphone, I'm sure Navi can hear me.

You're right, we do need a new Hey you, Pikachu!

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
ha! I forgot where princess renuto is at. Anyone know? spoiler tag yer answer guys cuz some have never played the N64 one.

I just beat the Water Temple. It's really not that hard. New touch interface obviously helps a lot though.

After I finished I saw a sign at the lake
saying to shoot an arrow at the morning sun. I waited till morning and shot about 15 of em as quickly as I could and nothing happened. Does it have to be light arrows or something? I can't remember this part in the game.

isoku said:
If you bring up your slingshot, bow, or hookshot you should automatically be able to just move your ds around to aim. It should be on by default but to check press start and then go to options.
I restarted my system, played one round of face raiders and restarted Oot. Now it works.

butter_stick said:
I just beat the Water Temple. It's really not that hard. New touch interface obviously helps a lot though.

saying to shoot an arrow at the morning sun. I waited till morning and shot about 15 of em as quickly as I could and nothing happened. Does it have to be light arrows or something? I can't remember this part in the game.
The only thing you probably need to change is where you were standing when you were doing it. :)

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
butter_stick said:

Fire Arrows

The Xtortionist said:
Use the boomerang to stun his squishy ass

I do but then before I can even run up to hit him, he awakens and runs me over. I cant even make it to his back in time because when I even walk naught but 10 steps, hes already on the move!

butter_stick said:

Odd. Were you
standing on said sign? That's when it usually works for me

Fire Arrows

No, that's what you get. You just use regular arrows.

WillyFive

Vocals on the music would make it seem extremely cheesy, and ruin the epic feeling of it all.

cacophony said:
Just got my 3DS with this and played through the Deku Tree. Plays and looks amazing. I played with the 3D for the first time (all the way up) and it kinda gave me a headache and made me feel cross eye. Do you get used to this?

Hint: You shouldn't crank it all the way up the first time. You should gradually start at low 3D, and then gradually go up until you are used to full 3D. Your brain (and your eyes) have to adjust to see depth like that.

I do but then before I can even run up to hit him, he awakens and runs me over. I cant even make it to his back in time because when I even walk naught but 10 steps, hes already on the move!
What I did was
Walk in the same direction as he is (as close to the middle as possible without getting hit) until you're close to him, target him (while still moving) and nail him with the boomerang. Then you'll be close enough to his back for a sword strike.

DeathbyVolcano said:
Odd. Were you
standing on said sign? That's when it usually works for me

Fire Arrows

No, that's what you get. You just use regular arrows.
I was standing on the platform, between two pillars with arrows and the sun on them.

I'll go find a video or something and check my position. Just checking I wasn't wasting my time.

NateDrake

You are hitting him way too far away then. You should have plenty of time to stun him and then walk to his
tail
and give a good thrashing. He'll always turn around so be ready to be on the move.

I started with my 3DS on max 3D and never had a problem. Just get used to holding the thing at the right viewing angle, I have to hold the bottom "flatter" than I'd ideally like.

butter_stick said:
I was standing on the platform, between two pillars with arrows and the sun on them.

I'll go find a video or something and check my position. Just checking I wasn't wasting my time.

Ah okay, yeah, you need to go back to the island atop the Water Temple and try again from there.

NateDrake said:
You are hitting him way too far away then. You should have plenty of time to stun him and then walk to his
tail
and give a good thrashing. He'll always turn around so be ready to be on the move.

And use a jump attack to save time. Jump attacks deal double damage.

bananaman1234

Unconfirmed Member
Is there some secret strategy Im supposed to use on the BigOcto in Jabu Jabu, its to difficult and I keep getting game over, its quite frustrating. Link doesnt even run fast enough to catch it.
Keep rolling instead of running. Pay attention to the direction the spikes spin - when they switch, you switch. When you get near him, L-target then hit him with your boomerang, take a few steps back, take out your sword and do a jumping slash by pressing A (does double damage).

You guys want an awesome cheap thrill? Wait until you've got a new item and you're holding it above your head, turn the 3D all the way up and hold your fingers close to the screen like you're about to pinch the item.

:D

The first sage's medallion looked like a real tiny coin that I might be able to actually touch.

Im sorry but what is wrong with this game, never has a game brought to tears before than this. The strategy you all suggested for the BigOcto worked, but now the Bio-Electric Anemone, Barinade has raised the bar too high! Is Link just not impervious to these electric attacks? Im literally getting owned, hit by everything both the boss and the others, no place to dodge and hide, and cant even get close enough to attack. The electric blasts just stun me in place.

Luigi87

Im sorry but what is wrong with this game, never has a game brought to tears before than this. The strategy you all suggested for the BigOcto worked, but now the Bio-Electric Anemone, Barinade has raised the bar too high! Is Link just not impervious to these electric attacks? Im literally getting owned, hit by everything both the boss and the others, no place to dodge and hide, and cant even get close enough to attack. The electric blasts just stun me in place.

Dodge! L-Target, and jump left or right constantly, and wait for an opening!

Barinade is one of my favorite bosses.

Just lock on with L-targeting while using your boomerang constantly from a distance. When the jellyfish separate from Barinade, you can attack them with your sword (won't get electrocuted) or you can attack Barinade directly with your sword if its body is not in the floor.

If you attack the jellyfish, it'll be easier for your boomerang to go through them when they're spinning around Barinade.

Kevtones

Drinky Crow said:
man, i just played through twilight princess again before this and WOW are the dungeons TINY and EASY

Agreed although I think things get a bit saucier after Jabu Jabu.

I still think they're pretty masterful nonetheless. The pacing is just perfect.

Scarecrow

I forgot how mediocre the music is in OoT. For one of the best Zelda games (and a game about music no less), it has precious few good tracks. And it doesn't even have the theme.

bummyhead

Drinky Crow said:
man, i just played through twilight princess again before this and WOW are the dungeons TINY and EASY

The child dungeons are fairly easy, although I did get stuck in Jabu Jabu for a bit, but they progress quite nicely as the game goes on.

Synless

Ok, two things. First does anyone have a good mask trading guide? I have the first mask and don't remember where to get rid of it from. Second in Kakariko village, where is this last chicken hidden? I can here the damn thing and I feel like it is behind a box, but I can't remove it. It has been way too long since I've played this, I don't remember this stuff.

Synless said:
Ok, two things. First does anyone have a good mask trading guide? I have the first mask and don't remember where to get rid of it from. Second in Kakariko village, where is this last chicken hidden? I can here the damn thing and I feel like it is behind a box, but I can't remove it. It has been way too long since I've played this, I don't remember this stuff.
You can roll in to boxes to smash them.

kr2t0s

Are the video hints that are in the game - are those new or were they in the n64 version?

(shamelessly admits he never played the original....)

Hit A while locked on and moving left or right to do a strafe jump (think Metroid Prime).

Top Bottom