• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D |OT| of |OoT|

BurntPork

Banned
Dedication Through Light said:
In playing this game more, I think they should have at least done more to the music. I think of another game that received a port, and just think that going the route of giving the game a pop-vocal inspired musical direction would have made this Ocarina of Time 3D even more exciting. The thought of crossing the lengthy Hyrulian Field with some pop inspired music choice would have been refreshing, cool, and modern.

Oh and a journal feature to remind me of what I did last when I boot up the game from fresh would have been helpful instead of starting me back in my house, without full magic. There are so many things that ruin the portability of this title, little things they could have changed.
samuel_l_jackson.gif

Please be trolling.

I'm watching a Let's Play on youtube of this, the textures look so damn nice now.

Unfortunately, I don't plan on getting a 3Ds anytime soon and I already know OoT too well...

But wow does it look nice.

Truth101

Banned
Magicpaint said:
DTL has been trolling this thread for a good while now. But I think this should finally out him.

DTL has been trolling GAF since he came here, I'm not even joking.

His dedication should really be complimented.

Gravijah said:
it could save... onto the SD card!

:(

but be careful, it will break Ridge Racer in the process. Oh, online Nintendo.

I'm still in the second dungeon - spent way too much time looking around and exploring after the castle. I haven't 100% a Zelda game since A Link to the Past, and was really thinking of attempting to do it for this game - but damn, it's gonna take a long time.

So apparently you can use Farore's Wind in one dungeon, then go to a second dungeon, and then warp back to the first dungeon by using the wind again.

Did that work in the original? I vaguely recall it doing so.

Bisnic said:
Oh boy, pop music in my Zelda.... you really ARE a troll.

Im just saying, it really wouldnt be odd to at least have some music with vocals in Zelda, the theme in Brawl with latin vocals proves this, it would be fitting for the setting of say this game.

wwm0nkey

Im just saying, it really wouldnt be odd to at least have some music with vocals in Zelda, the theme in Brawl with latin vocals proves this, it would be fitting for the setting of say this game.
It would be odd.

But seriously, I am completely lost, i played the song to enter Zora's place, but I have no clue what Im supposed to do here. The guy talks about his Princess Roto, but thats it? I still just have two of the spiritual stones, help please?

Magicpaint said:
Also original fire temple music:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDcQVzu_kc8 until it was cut out :(

Is having a cart with that version worth bragging?

Cuz I totally got that one.

But seriously, I am completely lost, i played the song to enter Zora's place, but I have no clue what Im supposed to do here. The guy talks about his Princess Roto, but thats it? I still just have two of the spiritual stones, help please?

Do you have a means of diving underwater yet? There's an underwater door you can take to continue. I...think you need to do a minigame at the top of the waterfall in the Domain to get the item that allows you to dive.

SmithnCo

Get the diving scale from the minigame just past King Zora and look for somewhere to swim into

How About No said:
Is having a cart with that version worth bragging?

Cuz I totally got that one.

Do you have a means of diving underwater yet? There's an underwater door you can take to continue. I...think you need to do a minigame at the top of the waterfall in the Domain to get the item that allows you to dive.
Only if it's worth bragging that you got a heavily anticipated and massively popular game at it's release.

Magicpaint said:
Totally. Us PAL gamers never even got the chance to own that version :/
Did you at least get red blood?

KevinCow

Banned
I like the new bomb flowers. It used to look like just a black circle with a pointy yellow crown, but now it looks more like a bomb merged with a flower.

Also, did Link wear the bomb flower bracelet in the original? I don't recall it actually showing up on his character model.

SmithnCo

KevinCow said:
Also, did Link wear the bomb flower bracelet in the original? I don't recall it actually showing up on his character model.

He did, I remember thinking it was awesome as a kid that stuff on the character models actually changed, lol.

SmithnCo said:
He did, I remember thinking it was awesome as a kid that stuff on the character models actually changed, lol.
I was blown away that the sign in front of my house said "MY NAME'S HOUSE" :lol I called my parents in to look at it. I guess it was the first game I played as a kid where that was possible :lol

Chopper

My mind is blown. I literally had no idea there was a ladder to the right of the Hylia Lake entrance. Aside from the passage from Zora's Domain, I thought the only way to access the lake from Hyrule Field was with Epona. For ten years! Ho ho, this game.

Is it just me, or am I unable to get a Gold Skulltulla out of the ground next to the magic bean salesman? Do I need to use bottled bugs before planting the bean? Have I missed out on a Skulltulla?!

Also, is it the Temple of Light, or the Temple of Time?! I could have sworn it was Time when I was a kid...!

Gravijah

Anasui Kishibe said:
but we got the awesomest OOT boxart ever

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100528184418/zelda/images/7/78/The_Legend_of_Zelda_-_Ocarina_of_Time_%28Europe%29.png[IMG][/QUOTE]

sorry, that one is uh... not so good. ;/

Kard8p3

Chopper said:
My mind is blown. I literally had no idea there was a ladder to the right of the Hylia Lake entrance. Aside from the passage from Zora's Domain, I thought the only way to access the lake from Hyrule Field was with Epona. For ten years! Ho ho, this game.

Is it just me, or am I unable to get a Gold Skulltulla out of the ground next to the magic bean salesman? Do I need to use bottled bugs before planting the bean? Have I missed out on a Skulltulla?!

Also, is it the Temple of Light, or the Temple of Time?! I could have sworn it was Time when I was a kid...!

It's the temple of time.

I wanted to beat it today but the stupid water temple. It wasn't the fact I got lost it was the fact I forgot a key that is on the other side of the dungeon. :|
So only got the water temple and the shadow temple done with today. Plan on betting it in the morning then off to master quest!

Chopper

Kard8p3 said:
It's the temple of time.
Of course it is. Sorry. I was momentarily baffled by the Prelude of Light transporting me there. I'm very stoned.

Anyone know about those soft soil patches though? It's driving me mad.

Cracked the Water Temple today, no problem. I couldn't remember it being particularly difficult when I was a kid, but I think all the fear from Gaf made me anticipate it that much harder!

I like the one or two subtle changes in the Water Temple to make it less frustrating. For instance, the blue "Temple of Time" block is actually in plain sight now.

Oh, and pro-tip:
If you have to quit the game in the middle of a dungeon, use Farore's Wind and save your game. When you load up your save, you can use Farore's Wind again to warp back to the room you were in.

SmithnCo

Chopper said:
Anyone know about those soft soil patches though? It's driving me mad.

Plant magic beans there. Make sure you use bugs on the patches BEFORE you plant beans though, so you can get gold skulltulas.

snesfreak

Banned
In playing this game more, I think they should have at least done more to the music. I think of another game that received a port, and just think that going the route of giving the game a pop-vocal inspired musical direction would have made this Ocarina of Time 3D even more exciting. The thought of crossing the lengthy Hyrulian Field with some pop inspired music choice would have been refreshing, cool, and modern.
haleypunch.gif

Chopper

SmithnCo said:
Plant magic beans there. Make sure you use bugs on the patches BEFORE you plant beans though, so you can get gold skulltulas.
That's what I thought. I think I've missed one in that patch at the bean seller then. So some gold skulltullas are missable?! :(

Kjellson

Chopper said:

I don't think there is any skulltulla in that soil.

SmithnCo

Yeah, I seem to recall there is no skulltula in that patch for some reason. But there are missable skulltulas from other patches- or maybe not, lol.

kiryogi

Banned
Don't recall if it was an issue before, but you can plant the magic beans first and still get the skulltulas afterwards with the bugs now.

sfried

Already been done before Ocarina of Time.

Chopper

kiryogi said:
Don't recall if it was an issue before, but you can plant the magic beans first and still get the skulltulas afterwards with the bugs now.
That's great news, thanks.

Seriously, as well as discovering things I never new about the original (and I thought I knew almost everything), I'm finding all these little tweaks that Nintendo have made to improve it just that little bit more! Such a labour of love.

I'm marking out quite hard right now. Amazing, amazing game.

Kard8p3

BY2K said:
Game Cleared! Now, unto MASTER QUEST!

EDIT: AAAAAAAAHHHH! NeoGAF is in 3D!

How big of an improvement was made to the final boss, the stairway, and anything thing else you want to talk about?

BY2K

Membero Americo
Kard8p3 said:
How big of an improvement was made to the final boss, the stairway, and anything thing else you want to talk about?

The final stairway is fantastic. EVERYTHING about the Final Battle is fantastic! Words cannot describe it, you need to see it.

Kard8p3

BY2K said:
The final stairway is fantastic. EVERYTHING about the Final Battle is fantastic! Words cannot describe it, you need to see it.

Back when I was a kid there was something about that final stairway that I just loved. Kind of like the stairway in Mario 64. You just knew that once you reached the top this was it.

What about the part where Ganondorf comes out from under all the rubble and transforms into Ganon?
That was always a favorite part of mine.

Pie Lord

BY2K said:
Was something about it changed aside from the visual aspect?

Top Bottom