• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons/Ages 3DS VC release |OT|

Negator

It has been so damn long since I played these games. I think I remember beating Oracle of Seasons and not finishing Oracle of Ages.

Bought them today and got to Dungeon 2 in Ages. Really enjoying the games again.

CoolZombie

Really need to pick both of these up. I remember owning one years ago for my GBC (Ages I think).

Is one of then more focused on action and one more on puzzles? I'm sure I heard that somewhere once...

GG-Duo

Just got to the 4th Dungeon in Seasons, right after the Spring spirit. The game got pretty fun with some of its puzzles. I don't love traveling around the world, though. I wish I can see everything more easily on the world map. Or let me run everywhere.

I was stuck on the 3rd dungeon a bit before j realized that I can
move the trampoline and jump over the falling-blocks button
That's pretty good.

Is one of then more focused on action and one more on puzzles? I'm sure I heard that somewhere once...

Yeah, you heard right :) Ages is focused on puzzles and a more involving story, and Seasons is action. For 1st playthrough, I think it's best to play Ages first and then Seasons, so Seasons has more touches to its story.

zroid

Banned
It's super lame that the Subrosian ring doesn't make you immune to lava.

Just got to the 4th Dungeon in Seasons, right after the Spring spirit. The game got pretty fun with some of its puzzles. I don't love traveling around the world, though. I wish I can see everything more easily on the world map. Or let me run everywhere.

I was just starting to get annoyed by having to run around a lot, and then I got the gale seeds. Such a relief!

Seda

Even though I played the GBC carts to death, I downloaded these and I'm ready to begin my nostalgia trip once again.

Roto13

All finished with Seasons. Missing three heart pieces (two of which appear randomly, so screw it) and a bunch of rings and probably a couple of upgrades, I'm not sure. Definitely holds up really well.

On to Ages!

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
All finished with Seasons. Missing three heart pieces (two of which appear randomly, so screw it) and a bunch of rings and probably a couple of upgrades, I'm not sure. Definitely holds up really well.

On to Ages!
I'm in the same position! I was only missing one heart piece, though - the one you get from planting Gasha Seeds. Walked around planting seeds for 45 mins, didn't get it... yeah, not worth it.

This was my first time playing through Seasons, and I loved it. A really great game overall, and I think I may like it more than Link's Awakening. I slightly prefer Ages, from what I remember, but we'll see.

As a pair, these games are absolutely stellar. Can't wait to play my linked Ages game. I can't believe that they were released at the same time...

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
The Oracle games are way more challenging, has better items and don't have crappy bosses like LA does.

Also, I'm guessing these 3DS games are just ports and not remakes, right?

These games are incredible. Don't know how I missed out on them back in 01. Graphics hold up and they are fun to play. Got these and NSMB2 and mario sadly is being ignored.

Roto13

Oh, right, Ages is the one with all the bullshit minigames. :p Just abused save states to win a ring in that target game.

Alrus

Done with ages. Veran was a bit harder than the other bosses, died a few time (which is pretty annoying considering you have to slog through the first two part of the bosses which are boring and quite unchallenging).

I'll buy Seasons in a few days but I'm taking a small break, don't wanna get burned out.

Dartastic

Welp, I'm officially stuck in the fourth dungeon of Seasons. I've gotten the boss key, but I'm missing one small key to open the block to the path that I assume will take me to the basement. I've even gotten the chest that you open with the ember seeds and the slingshot. Fuck fuck fuck. Compass doesn't even show me any more chests that can be opened. I think I'm screwed.

NEVERMIND, I FOUND IT. AUGH.

Seeing these games also reminds me how sad I am that they didn't get to do the originally planned third game in the series.

GG-Duo

Vases? Just throw'em on switches! That'll work!

(Nope)

If you win the dance about 5 or so times early enough in the game, besides Ore, you'll win Dimitri's flute.

Ah. That's cool, Dimitri is my favourite. But I'm past the section where I meet him so I wonder if I can still get the flute?

XaosWolf

Seeing these games also reminds me how sad I am that they didn't get to do the originally planned third game in the series.

A true shame. Would have made the naming even better as well.
Would actually love a new Linkable trilogy on the 3DS.

Trololol. 3rd dungeon, seasons?
Just finished that up myself. I remember the first time playing it, a lot of the changes from Links Awakening threw me off.

Seasons is a real bitch at times. Puzzle-Oriented indeed. =)

Vases? Just throw'em on switches! That'll work!

(Nope)

Ah. That's cool, Dimitri is my favourite. But I'm past the section where I meet him so I wonder if I can still get the flute?

It HAS to be before you even enter the swamp, so no. You can only get one of the flutes per save.

GG-Duo

One thing I really like about this and LA is that the engine constrained Nintendo - and as a result you get snappy dialog, immediate controls, and a tight world map.

I guess what I'm saying is: screw trains and steamboats and touch controls.

Mr. Fix

Why should I get both?
It's almost same game.
just like Megaman Battle Network one.

This post wounds me!

I've never played MMBN, but I assume those are like the Pokemon games in terms of similarities? The worlds in the Oracle games and its dungeons are completely different.

Top Bottom