• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons/Ages 3DS VC release |OT|

Ah ok I though the item screen was the one right after you hit start, never knew you could hit select to go to other kinds of screens. Thanks.

LostAnkh

Had about an hour on Seasons, and I'm shocked at how much I remember about the game. Looking forward to beating it and playing Ages.

"Gee Mister, we're really sorry we scared the bear off, but we're going to go ahead and turn this forest into Geno's Maze anyway"

I think I found a more annoying NPC than FI :\

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
I need to remember to buy these when I get home. Can't wait!

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I got up to right before the fifth dungeon in Seasons. This game has such a wonderful color palette. The seasons theme is really well done, too, and Holodrum has been really fun to explore. I haven't felt this engrossed in a game in a while. The fourth dungeon had some really nice music. Sometimes I feel like Capcom makes better Zeldas than Nintendo's main team...

I remember Bipin and Blossom's son became a singer in my old Ages game, but I think he's going to be a swordsman this time. Hmm.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Had about an hour on Seasons, and I'm shocked at how much I remember about the game. Looking forward to beating it and playing Ages.

I know, I haven't played these for years and it's like I remember almost everything. It just goes to show how great these games are, they just stuck themselves in out minds and took root.

Is there any news on a minish cap rerelease at any point?

They already released it as part of the ambassador program. So I assume it's only a matter of time until everyone can get at it.

Alrus

The bosses in ages are pretty easy so far (just finished the fourth dungeon). Aside from the second one which is a bit annoying but not really threatening, the other ones really don't pose much of a challenge.

Katzii

They already released it as part of the ambassador program. So I assume it's only a matter of time until everyone can get at it.

Probably will be true. Technically shouldn't be since the GBA games weren't going to be widely released on 3DS. Maybe on Wii U.

Roto13

I don't remember how hard the dancing is in Ages but the one time you have to do it in Seasons is really easy. If you've ever played a rhythm game, you'll only have to try it once.

Vamphuntr

I'm at the 6th dungeon in Ages. Haven't played the games for like 6-7 years. Seems easier than I remember.

For the secrets do you actually have to write down the passwords or Nintendo took the time to make the two games linked automatically when you have both.

I don't remember how hard the dancing is in Ages but the one time you have to do it in Seasons is really easy. If you've ever played a rhythm game, you'll only have to try it once.

Yeah, the only time that rhythm game is slightly difficult is if you're going for Dimitri's Flute really.

Bullza2o

If you really want the game to have more complicated puzzles, and you'll think it's too easy, or be disappointed that it doesn't, then you should get Ages.

As KojiKnight said, I played them both when they were new. I played Seasons, thought it was great, then got stuck in Ages and stopped because I was a little burnt out, so your strategy of just buying one (for now anyway) isn't bad. I of course am going to buy both anyway.

Alright, I'm gonna go with seasons first then perhaps buy Ages when I'm ready for more Zelda (I still have to continue Link's Awakening). Thanks for the input!

Haven't had a whole lot of time, but I've blown through the first half of Seasons since it came out in 3 play sessions... I never got that far in Seasons (did beat Ages back in the day) so I can definitely say the games are a bit on the easy side (even after dying a couple times) but hell, they are zelda games and they are fun regardless.

I would also like to know this, heard some rly good things about these games.

Everyone is saying Seasons, playing it right now it's pretty nice and easy to get into. It's also the first chronologically (though in practice it doesn't matter).

I started with Ages back in the day and I definitely prefer it personally.

I like Ages a lot more than Seasons so I'm playing Seasons first.

More or less the same for me. Though I don't want to say I disliked Seasons so much as by the time I finished ages, I was so burnt out that Seasons had very little appeal... so doing seasons first this time.

zroid

Banned
I'm probably not going to play these sequentially. Hopefully I'll get through Seasons just in time for Animal Crossing, and then I'll keep myself occupied for a while before sinking my teeth into Ages.

Berordn

I'm at the 6th dungeon in Ages. Haven't played the games for like 6-7 years. Seems easier than I remember.

For the secrets do you actually have to write down the passwords or Nintendo took the time to make the two games linked automatically when you have both.

They have no additional features, so you have to write them down. Fortunately you have game notes for that, but it's still a minor annoyance.

Hedja

These were my first Zeldas. Bought them both and 100%'d it all without a guide (to the best of my knowledge at the time which ended up being true). It was probably the first time I dedicated so much into a ga-- two games.

Played Ages first then Seasons; of course, then I played Seasons then Ages. Ages seemed pretty straight forward. Seasons however had this weird vibe to it. It was... exotic. Which is why I liked it better. Ages being a game about time travel just felt old, not to say that was bad, just not as great a feeling as Seasons.

Grabbed both of these tonight. When these games came out I was 15 and had saved all my money for the GBA launch a few weeks later, so I never got around to playing them. I'm about an hour into Seasons and loving it. It looks great considering the hardware.

Ages is confusing the hell out of me, I just beat the 2nd dungeon and did some stuff after it and have absolutely no idea where to go! Nice to be stuck in a Zelda game for the first time in a while, the GB Zeldas are all awesome.

Top Bottom