• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword |OT| Home of Punkin' Chunkin' Champion 2011

Ganondorfo

Do you think that there will be great plottwists in this game? Or will this be linear in storyline department?

I am asking this, because almost each zelda game (besides the first 2 on the nes) had amazing plottwists.

(although phantom hourglass didnt)

Myriadis

Kard8p3 said:

So awesome.
He also put a reversed version on Youtube. On the 1:00 mark, it's like they made sure that it really sounds perfectly like Zeldas Lullaby reversed. I don't know, even now it's so hard to comprehend for me how such a great main theme like the Skyward Sword theme can be from a song played backwards.

Kard8p3 said:

oh my god

to go along with those of you getting the rip, I did a custom soundtrack cover:

0OBkp.jpg

ASIS

To those who played the game/are currently playing the game,
Where can I find the missing girl? She's in her house at night dreaming about "uncle bat"

FatCat

jarosh said:
it's only the first one? are you sure?

Only the first one, I'm up to the 6th dungeon and while they are in the same parts of the overworld, they are not the same dungeons.

Nintendo-4Life said:
To those who played the game/are currently playing the game,
Where can I find the missing girl? She's in her house at night dreaming about "uncle bat"
Clue:
Talk to Fledge a couple times. That'll lead you to other characters to talk to. Uncle BATS. BATS.

Theonik

Speaking of the OST, any word about a Skyward Sword OST CD yet? I'm assuming there will be one. I'd gladly buy one. You hear me Nintendo? No more club nintendo exclusive nonsense like with SMG.

Mgoblue201

Won't stop picking the right nation
outunderthestars said:
I just watched it and didn't feel like there were any glaring spoilers.

Also, I am buying a Wii to play this. Is Twilight Princess worth buying?
TP is one of my favorite Zeldas, but each game is so divisive that very few games in the series receive unanimous praise. Even OOT has its detractors. Everybody has an idea of what they want in their ideal Zelda game. The best way to know whether you'll like it is to simply try it. You can probably buy it for $20 now.

Anyway, I've never pre-ordered anything from Amazon, and I don't know whether the supposed shipping date is accurate, but the game might not even arrive in the mail until December. It's going to be a very long wait.

RPGCrazied

If you like Zelda, get TP. It is my favorite Zelda. I'm hoping Skyward Sword will dethrone Twilight Princess, but I'm not so sure. It'll be a great game though. :)

Man, Earth Temple in Wind Waker is kinda lame, but then it busts out that awesome mirror puzzle, and then the boss. Neither are hard, but they're incredibly enjoyable for some reason. The Hurricane Spin absolutely wrecks Jalhalla's shit. I played for about 12 hours today, and in terms of story, the only progress I made was uncovering the truth about Tetra, and beating the Earth Temple. Not a lot. Triforce locating, mapping and general treasure hunting is so addictive.

Sorry, dunno where to post this shit. I'm too hyped for SS, and Wind Waker is the perfect outlet.

I need my SE bundle...
in hopes of remedy, I picked up Xenoblade where I left off. Now I can't put it down.

The two games will fight it out during T-break. Or would LoZ:SS overthrow this evil foe with ease...? We shall see... we shall see...

There's something seriously weird about Robin's voice-over in that ad. You can tell he doesn't normally do that kind of thing. :lol

anaron

Green Scar said:
There's something seriously weird about Robin's voice-over in that ad. You can tell he doesn't normally do that kind of thing. :lol
There's something weird about the commercial altogether. Him being there sans his daughter is pointless.

oatmeal

Banned
There was that link to Kotaku a few days back with the changing music in the Bazaar.

They do the same thing in the desert, and it's really effective.

The desert, IMO, is one of the best areas in a Zelda game in some time.

Kifimbo

Ok I'm gonna need help.

I'm it Lanayru Desert, trying to power up whatever I have to power up. I did the first one, but I'm stuck in the second place. The small "palace" to the right of the Desert. Inside, I don't know how to bring the electric ball to the end of the hall in order to open the door. There are several blocks on the right side, but I can't throw the ball high enough.

EDIT: Nevermind I'm fucking dumb. Didn't realize
you can use the beetle.
Just lost 30 minutes, lol.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
What a lame OT subtitle :\

Can't wait to get my hands on this. Playing Uncharted 3 on the meanwhile.... it's not as exciting as I hoped...

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Kifimbo said:
Ok I'm gonna need help.

I'm it Lanayru Desert, trying to power up whatever I have to power up. I did the first one, but I'm stuck in the second place. The small "palace" to the right of the Desert. Inside, I don't know how to bring the electric ball to the end of the hall in order to open the door. There are several blocks on the right side, but I can't throw the ball high enough.

EDIT: Nevermind I'm fucking dumb. Didn't realize
you can use the beetle.
Just lost 30 minutes, lol.

Took me 10 minutes but I was there the entire time trying the same freaking thing. Wanted to smack myself when i realized.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
After playing the demo on an SDTV I firmly believe the game was made by Nintendo with the dolphin emu in mind. It's the only way to play it, really. It sucks ass on an SDTV

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Terrible OT title. :(
Nice OT tho, cool looking without being overbloated and straight to the point without missing on necessary/interesting infos.

bravo!

Edit: I really think you should remove the name calling ("IGN are retards") on the OP, Amirox. It looks really bad and childish.

Top Bottom