• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword |OT| Home of Punkin' Chunkin' Champion 2011

batbeg

I wasn't planning on being paid today, and therefore wasn't planning on having this and 3D Land in my possession for a few more days.

Oh my goodness it's so good and glorious and wonderful.

Yeah, I think the argument that "Zelda fans would complain about it" shouldn't be taken too seriously. I'll tell you something you already know: Zelda fans complain about EVERYTHING. 4chanMiyamoto.jpg is a silly pic taken from a Zelda hivemind way of thinking, but no matter what Nintendo does, some people just aren't gonna like it. There is no universally agreed upon standard for all things Zelda, now and forever. If you make the changes right, you'll win over more people then the ones you lose or piss off.

Are we talking about Fi's cum face?

It looks so fucking bad. Considering how animated Fi is at other times... her singing animation (or lack there of) sticks out like a sore thumb.
You mean this face?

doyoulikemylonlonface.jpg

Pre-5th dungeon stuff: Holy shit

I didn't even mind Moldarch's return. I was just going "oh okay whatever Fi, there's a switch or chest under the sand wait what is THA OH SHIT" and I actually found the Moldarch fight a fun motion control thing sooooo

Also: The Legend of Zelda: I Just Put In New Batteries Yesterday What The Hell

Can anyone explain to me why so many people have issues with the controls? They feel perfectly natural to me. I really don't see the issue, and I tend to suck at games too.

My guess is some have an anti-motion control agenda from the getgo and others don't like learning curves with controls no matter how low they are.

It's fine if they genuinely give you a problem and you express it but some act like they were poorly implemented and for the most part, they are exactly what I could have hoped for and quite responsive.

Oh, shocking. The ultimate nintendo fanboy and apologist takes offense.

Uh...huh.

I take no issue with you disliking a game. It just seems stupidly immature to claim that no one should like it in the face of what you consider better experiences.

Though, I suppose if you want proof I've played Dark Souls and Skyrim, I can provide that. But I'm not sure what that gets you other than looking like a fool.

shahkur

Just done the third dungeon. I'm doing a side quest right now where
theres someone in the restroom at night needing paper. Where can i find it?

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
WHERE THE FUCK IS RUPINS HOUSE. I need to sell some treaure, everyone tells me he'll buy it at night at his house, but Ive been to every house and there's nothing else labelled on the fucking map.
It's
between the bunch of houses on the South-East side of the map, in a small alley in the middle. It's the house of the woman who makes you pay if you break her stuff.

Just done the third dungeon. I'm doing a side quest right now where
theres someone in the restroom at night needing paper. Where can i find it?

Talk to the Groose's short flunky standing on the in-side door of the bottom floor of the academy. You can either do what he asks or give the paper to the person in the restroom.

Oh, shocking. The ultimate nintendo fanboy and apologist takes offense.

You like Trigun.

I finally started playing the game last night. The intro was better than TP, but suffers because... they didn't go all the way, I guess? Like, they wanted to evoke a bunch of feelings, but certain things they do get in the way. Like no one ever being anywhere. This ceremony is a big deal, but only Zelda shares it with you. I dunno. Hey whatever, I finally got to the surface. Time for game.

Hero

Zelda games should never have voice acting ever. There is absolutely, positively no way that there is going to be a universally agreed upon choice for the characters in the universe to sound like that will appeal to the majority. It would do way more harm than good. Aside form the fact that they'd have to get Japanese and English speaking voice actors there would be such a huge disconnect between regions and I think a lot of the appeal and charm of the series is its universal friendliness.

Just imagine Steve Blum doing the voice of Ganondorf and Jennifer Hale doing the voice of Zelda because it's not really like there's a whole lot of diversity when it comes to North American voice actors. I guess Nolan North could do Link.

I always like the "A BILLIONS HOURS TO GET GOOD NO THANK YOU" argument because it assumes so many things that usually aren't true unless the game is literally Final Fantasy XIII.

Well, I'm done with this; I can not take it anymore nor do I fathom how any of you can go so far as to call this your favorite game ever. Is anyone even playing dark souls or skyrim?

I can't deal with the fetch quests, boring design...i can't believe this is coming from nintendo. This game makes Wind Waker look genius and i thought that was a series low.

Fi, feth quests. One dimensional chracters. Controls i find a harder time with than the puzzles.

No. Just no. I am a huge fan and am stunned that i would have to force my way through this. So pissed.

Skyrim???pleeeaasseeee...

TDLink

Sidequest Question
So I have cleaned Pipit's house a few times and his mom keeps mentioning to go say hi if I see him on patrol. Next time I talk to him though in the knight academy he never says something new or acknowledges that I have cleaned the house and when I go back to his house it is all dusty again and capable of being cleaned once more. I feel like I am missing something here?

jonno394

Sidequest Question
So I have cleaned Pipit's house a few times and his mom keeps mentioning to go say hi if I see him on patrol. Next time I talk to him though in the knight academy he never says something new or acknowledges that I have cleaned the house and when I go back to his house it is all dusty again and capable of being cleaned once more. I feel like I am missing something here?

No that's it done
There is another scene at night if you approach their house but you already have the gratitude Crystal and you can just repeat the task for rupees

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
If you don't care and think I'm makig a fool
It would be nice if people didn't call you out when you're being offensively silly huh? People like the game and that doesn't mean they're fanboys. Deal with it. Not everyone is or should be compatible with you. Just say you hate the game and leave it at that, there's no good reason to imply the opinion of others is worth less, is less objective (lol?), is hiding some bias outside the quality of the game and the actual fun they're having or not having, or whatever else, for whatever reason. None.

TDLink

No that's it done
There is another scene at night if you approach their house but you already have the gratitude Crystal and you can just repeat the task for rupees

So there is nothing else with Pipit? I saw a few people around here say his sidequest stuff was cool earlier in the thread but that stuff I did didn't really involve him at all.

jonno394

So there is nothing else with Pipit? I saw a few people around here say his sidequest stuff was cool earlier in the thread but that stuff I did didn't really involve him at all.

There is another quest with him involved
the love letter one with Cawlin
but that's it.

UI do advise going to their house at nice after finishing the
cleaning siqequest

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Pre dungeon 5 and exploring the
sea of sands. Just completed the pirate stronghold with the time orb. They really seem to love this time mechanic, but I like how they're riffing on it. It doesn't seem to get old. Seeing the desert change into ocean is amazing.

This is a damn fine Zelda game.

If you don't care and think I'm makig a fool, don't respond. I could give a rats ass what someone who argues tirelessly about whether the 3DS needs a second analog stick and thinks wii settings equate to low end computer rig graphics thinks. You're in no position to throw out "fool" around, Alberto. You obviously DO care.

I...what?

I think I may have discussed the analog stick before, but I've certainly never said the other thing. You seem kind of upset.

And I'll respond to whatever I like, thanks.

BY2K

Membero Americo
End Game Spoiler:
Ghirahim's 3rd Fight is amazing. I'm about to go fight Demise but I want the Hylian Shield and a couple of potions first. Too many close calls of dying or breaking my shield during Ghirahim's fight.

Rich!

the pirate ship in the larynyu sea reminds me A LOT of the pirate ship in the desert in Oracle of Ages. Wasn't that by the same director as SS? heh

End Game Spoiler:
Ghirahim's 3rd Fight is amazing. I'm about to go fight Demise but I want the Hylian Shield and a couple of potions first. Too many close calls of dying or breaking my shield during Ghirahim's fight.

I beat Demise with no shield, fairies or potions. FUCK YEAH

Hylian7

It's weird how I never felt this way with TP. Of course, they would need to get good voice actors.

The spoiler threads has unmarked ending spoilers (it's meant for those who beat the game), so you'd better avoid that one.

Anyway,
you unlock the black chests by using the skyward strike on the Goddess Cubes below the clouds.

The greek letter phi is pronounced "fee" as well :p

About that black chests thing:
Interesting, I thought that only made islands appear.

Hero

End Game Spoiler:

I don't think you can acquire the Hylian Shield in the base game, pretty sure you have to wait until Hero Mode where you actually fight Ghirahim and Demise in boss rush mode.

BY2K

Membero Americo
I don't think you can acquire the Hylian Shield in the base game, pretty sure you have to wait until Hero Mode where you actually fight Ghirahim and Demise in boss rush mode.

I need to win 8 rounds to get the Hylian Shield. Considering the number of boss there's in this game, I think I'm good.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
[End game spoilers in the quote]
Pretty sure
that's not needed.

Question about a item. Spoilers so enter at your own risk.

So do those heart metals count as extra heart pieces or do you need them for max health(As in 20 hearts no 22).

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Question about a item. Spoilers so enter at your own risk.

So do those heart metals count as extra heart pieces or do you need them for max health(As in 20 hearts no 22).

You need them to get to 20 hearts. With pieces of heart, you can get to 18 tops.

Kjellson

Did anyone else absolutely love the 7th dungeon? Stuff like this has been done in several Zelda games but this one felt bigger and more unique imo.

Did anyone else absolutely love the 7th dungeon? Stuff like this has been done in several Zelda games but this one felt bigger and more unique imo.
I didn't particularly mind it, but it felt cheap regardless, especially since you're getting the motherfucking Triforce in such an anticlimactic manner. OoT is the only game out of those that've used that style of final dungeon that I really liked because it still managed to feel like a completely new experience.

BY2K

Membero Americo

Final Dungeon Spoiler:
A shame that there's no boss fight in that one, though...

Final Dungeon Spoiler:
A shame that there's no boss fight in that one, though...

*Final dungeon spoilers*
At least there was the return of robo pirate guy as a miniboss, I enjoy fighting that pile of scrap. But until you mentioned it I didn't really take note of the lack of a boss, it took me so long to finally make a path to the triforce of Wisdom with it's one entry point room that I was all too eager to leave

BY2K

Membero Americo
*Final dungeon spoilers*
At least there was the return of robo pirate guy as a miniboss, I enjoy fighting that pile of scrap. But until you mentioned it I didn't really take note of the lack of a boss, it took me so long to finally make a path to the triforce of Wisdom with it's one entry point room that I was all too eager to leave

I wonder if we'll see Speed-Runs for that. I'm sure there "THAT" way that makes the dungeon like 15 minutes long.

Teknoman

FINALLY I have the game! Been so hard staying away from this thread to avoid spoilers + i've been on a semi-media blackout. Skyward Sword + Thanksgiving, this is going to be awesome.

Top Bottom