• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword |OT| Home of Punkin' Chunkin' Champion 2011

Side quest question!
I gave the hand in the toilet the love letter (because fuck that creepy dude who pines over whatsherslut from afar), but I didn't get anything. The cook said she didn't hear noises coming from the restroom anymore, but that's it. Shouldn't I be getting gratitude crystals or something?

Side quest question!
I gave the hand in the toilet the love letter (because fuck that creepy dude who pines over whatsherslut from afar), but I didn't get anything. The cook said she didn't hear noises coming from the restroom anymore, but that's it. Shouldn't I be getting gratitude crystals or something?

Hint:
Check out some of the dorm rooms at night.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Yo for real, my MotionPlus had 4 bars of battery yesterday, its sitting on red right now. I haven't even played that much >_>

Yesterday it gave me the one bar warning. The home menu however tells me it has two bars. Went to turn on my Wii today and the remote flashed three LEDs at me. I have no idea what is going on. Magic batteries.

maeda

For me, the biggest problem is that he was revealed the same day the game was, so I already knew how to beat him from impressions from two years ago.

Also he just felt more like a midboss.

But it took me five minutes to figure out what to do in his 2nd form.
So far all the bosses felt like they were in Ocarina's ballpark more than in TP's. Nothing grandiose about them.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
I was exercising hyperbole with the 20 hours comment because it sure feels like it. I'm pre-dungeon 5.
sand sea

Got to love the "skyrim is generic". Like everything we're playing in skyward, by comparison, is fresh and new. Ha!

I love Skyrim and I understand how you could you like it more then Skyward Sword (personally right now they both are neck and neck with Arkham City for my GOTY), but Skyward Sword does a LOT more new in the first four hours than Skyrim does in the twenty hours I have put into it.

Hero

I did the opposite thing to Mr Paer.
I got the gratitude crystals from Pipit, but is that the end of the quest? What happened to the restroom person?

You choose one or the other sadly. If you give the letter to the ghost she haunts him at night.

I did the opposite thing to Mr Paer.
I got the gratitude crystals from Pipit, but is that the end of the quest? What happened to the restroom person?

As far as I know, that's it.
Unless it comes up later, you have to make a choice about what you do with the paper. Ghost or Karane.

AniHawk

Ugh. My apologies for any offense guys and especially to alberto who i had confused for someone else. Sorry for being an ass, Alberto

Yeah, mental note to not post when running on few hrs of sleep.

Apologies once again guys.

you thought alberto was acebandage, didn't you.

Xun

Maybe because I'm currently playing this, but I definitely feel more connected to this Link than previous Link's.

I'm incredibly impressed by it all so far.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Now, i went full media blackout for this so part of my anticipation is to get a sense of newness from this and, well, aside from controls, I'm just not seeing it. Again, I'm going off zelda standards. My biggest beef is that i am not drawn into this world and thats all icare about ultimately. I was thrown off completely when an important tradition and ceremony was unattended by an entire village. I wanted that scope to be there but thus far, there isnt.

I saw it as a graduation ceremony, and maybe they do it differently where you come from, but my whole town certainly didn't attend my graduation. If you went around people did talk about it so it wasn't like they were completely brain dead when it came to the event.

Holy shit, I haven't even gotten to the 4th dungeon and I'm at 24 hours played. I must be going super slow.

Yeah, I never really took the time to explore, upgrade stuff, doing sidequests and all that. Did all that for a couple of hours today, will probably explore/sidequest some more after I'm done with the fifth dungeon.

The one thing I hope Zelda Wii U has is a ton of NPCs and sidequests. I love the inhabitants of Skyloft, I just wish there were more of them. That's the one thing I'd take from Skyrim and put in Zelda.

Anth0ny

Did anyone else absolutely love the 7th dungeon? Stuff like this has been done in several Zelda games but this one felt bigger and more unique imo.

last dungeon spoilers:

I really liked the last dungeon. It really made you think. Second in the game only to dungeon 3, imo.

It kinda sucks that there was no boss, but the pirate guy returning was cool. I was having trouble with him... mainly because the forward thrust isn't responsive, but also because you needed to learn a pattern or you would get punished. Hard. Good mini boss.

Xun

I find it strange it even gives you the option to open your Sailcloth when it automatically does it anyway.

I find it strange it even gives you the option to open your Sailcloth when it automatically does it anyway.

Yeah, it's weird. I guess to keep it consistent for the times you will need it (landing on non-Skyloft islands, jumping from high places like the Sacred Grounds).

Busaiku

So just got through Skyview Temple.
Took a lot longer than I expected, but that's cool.

I love the Beetle though.
It controls so well, much better than the Loftwing does.

I absolutely hate Spiders though.
So annoying.

Also, did I miss anything when Fi suggested that I travel back to Skyloft through the Bird Statues?
Just decided to stay on the Surface to get things done.

ivysaur12

Banned
beat dungeon 2.
THAT BITCH! :( i felt so bad for link

Just did the same.

I like the sword controls a lot more. I'm intuitively beating a lot more enemies. The second dungeon was also great. But some more things I don't like:

- The Sky. Boring, and a huge waste of potential.

- Skyloft in general. It feels very uninspired and lacks the energy of even a Windfall. But it's better than whatever Twilight Princess and Spirit Tracks had.

- Fi.

- The lack of warps around/to Skyloft. I know, it's not that large, but I feel like it needs them.

- Not being able to select day/night on the menu. Going to Link's room is an unnecessary pain.

- No quest log/Bomber's Notebook type item. Feels weird, especially when there seem to be a decent amount of of them.

protonion

Help needed for the final boss.

Second phase with the lighting sword. He destroys me. I guess I have to wait for the move that discharges his sword.Any tips? It's a really small window for the hit and very difficult to avoid his attacks...

Help needed for the final boss.

Second phase with the lighting sword. He destroys me. I guess I have to wait for the move that discharges his sword.Any tips? It's a really small window for the hit and very difficult to avoid his attacks...

put your sword skyward

Branduil

Just did the same.

I like the sword controls a lot more. I'm intuitively beating a lot more enemies. The second dungeon was also great. But some more things I don't like:

- The Sky. Boring, and a huge waste of potential.

- Skyloft in general. It feels very uninspired and lacks the energy of even a Windfall. But it's better than whatever Twilight Princess and Spirit Tracks had.

- Fi.

- The lack of warps around/to Skyloft. I know, it's not that large, but I feel like it needs them.

- Not being able to select day/night on the menu. Going to Link's room is an unnecessary pain.

- No quest log/Bomber's Notebook type item. Feels weird, especially when there seem to be a decent amount of of them.

You don't have to sleep in Link's bed. You can be a creep and sleep in whoever's bed you want.

Top Bottom