• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword |OT| Home of Punkin' Chunkin' Champion 2011

I like SS alright so far (only at third dungeon) but it's not nearly as enthralling as TP in my opinion. TP had a better overworld, opening dungeons and I just like the aesthetic better. Also, while the motion controls are a neat addition I ultimately prefer the setup from TP as well. It just felt more naturally, especially the IR aiming, which was very very accurate. I miss that.

I like SS alright so far (only at third dungeon) but it's not nearly as enthralling as TP in my opinion. TP had a better overworld, opening dungeons and I just like the aesthetic better. Also, while the motion controls are a neat addition I ultimately prefer the setup from TP as well. It just felt more naturally, especially the IR aiming, which was very very accurate. I miss that.
Wait you also prefer the sword waggling to the 1-1(almost) sword combat of SS?

Of the first 3 dungeons in TP, Goron Mines was pretty great, but the other two were nothing special to write home about, far from bad of course.

TP was awful in its linearity. The first time you visit the overworld proper, Midna will always crawl out if you veer any direction other than the objective. Big open fields, absolutely brimming with invisible walls keeping you locked towards the next waypoint. Aggravating and terrible especially given that happens over 4-5 hours in.

Not at all liking that shit returns in this game. But I also don't come to Zelda for narrative driven story experiences either. I have my copy still shrinkwrapped and the more I read the less I want to bother. I knew this when I disliked TP, but Zelda really seemingly is no longer for me.

Wow. Have you actually played TP? According to your post you have not. Midna is a much better character than the sword girl in my opinion. Whereas Midna has a very distinct personality, the girl in SS does not. Also Midna only comes out to say relevant things that aren't painfully obvious. I wish SS took this approach. It's very patronizing to have the helper come out and repeat every single thing you just learned even when it was explicitly stated. On top of that TP is non-linear where SS is not. There's no question about that. SS truly limits where you can go until you open little holes in the clouds and even then what's underneath is very linear. More like stages that an open world. That's what I loved about TP was the giant interconnected world (and the horseriding). I also just liked Midna as a character a lot. You actually sympathize with her and she's an item/tool when the situation arises.

Wait you also prefer the sword waggling to the 1-1(almost) sword combat of SS?

Of the first 3 dungeons in TP, Goron Mines was pretty great, but the other two were nothing special to write home about, far from bad of course.
I actually like the waggle controls a lot because you don't have to be accurate. It's just fun to swing and hit an enemy. I don't need that added depth in my Zelda games. It's more enjoyable that way.

sphinx

the piano man
TP was awful in its linearity. The first time you visit the overworld proper, Midna will always crawl out if you veer any direction other than the objective. Big open fields, absolutely brimming with invisible walls keeping you locked towards the next waypoint. Aggravating and terrible especially given that happens over 4-5 hours in.

Not at all liking that shit returns in this game. But I also don't come to Zelda for narrative driven story experiences either. I have my copy still shrinkwrapped and the more I read the less I want to bother. I knew this when I disliked TP, but Zelda really seemingly is no longer for me.

EDIT: I misunderstood

osknoes

I just go my pouch full, and I can't get more rupees ( max is 300 ). The bazar in skyloft doesn't sell any pouch. But I want that nice shield so much! How can I get more room for rupees on my pouch ?

PD : Just finished the third dungeon

I actually like the waggle controls a lot because you don't have to be accurate. It's just fun to swing and hit an enemy. I don't need that added depth in my Zelda games. It's more enjoyable that way.
I see, arguably the controls(TP) are a lot closer to the previous Zeldas as every motion was just regular botton input mapped to the motion controls. SS's Motion control really is something different in that regard.
Though I think you are the first person I have seen to prefer the wii controls of TP over SS :) (well also those who thinks the TP controls are only 90% shit while SS is 95% shit, but that's another debate...)

Mgoblue201

Won't stop picking the right nation
I just go my pouch full, and I can't get more rupees ( max is 300 ). The bazar in skyloft doesn't sell any pouch. But I want that nice shield so much! How can I get more room for rupees on my pouch ?

Beedle's shop circling above the bazaar sells additional rupee bags. You can summon the aircraft by hitting the bell hanging from the end of it. I also found one in a chest activated by a goddess cube. This can be found before finishing the third dungeon. By that point in the game, I had the capacity of 800, I believe.

Leezard

You can buy larger wallets from Beedle, just hit the bell with something ranged. You can hold 300 more rupees for each wallet you buy.
Alternatively, you can do sidequests.

MechaX

Wow. Have you actually played TP? According to your post you have not. Midna is a much better character than the sword girl in my opinion. Whereas Midna has a very distinct personality, the girl in SS does not. Also Midna only comes out to say relevant things that aren't painfully obvious. I wish SS took this approach. It's very patronizing to have the helper come out and repeat every single thing you just learned even when it was explicitly stated. On top of that TP is non-linear where SS is not. There's no question about that. SS truly limits where you can go until you open little holes in the clouds and even then what's underneath is very linear. More like stages that an open world. That's what I loved about TP was the giant interconnected world (and the horseriding). I also just liked Midna as a character a lot. You actually sympathize with her and she's an item/tool when the situation arises.

I feel like Midna and Fi are two polar opposites on the same "Absolutely Useless" scale. Fi seems to excel at being Captain Obvious to the point where I'm convinced Nintendo is doing this on purpose. On the other hand, when there was something that I was genuinely at a loss for in TP, Midna's advice was either excessively vague or completely off the mark. While I may like Midna more as a character, in-game I'm pretty much coming to the same "Yeah, whatever" apathy that I'm having whenever Fi tries to chime in about something.

Now about TP being non-linear, I really don't see how TP's way could be an "advantage" when you're still hopelessly restricted by the plot in terms of where you can go. Yeah, the world may be interconnected, but I don't see how SS's method of doing things is in anyway inherently worse when TP ends up pulling stuff like "Gate is closed, can't hop over it. Guy is in the way, can't get past him. Bolder is in the way, can't bomb it, do something else." And even in the off chance where you can attempt to go somewhere out of order, the linearity of the plot will still impede your progress.

But I definitely, 100% disagree on TP's waggle combat being in anyway better than SS's. For me, it is more enjoyable that I can't just turn my brain off on any non-boss encounter. Combine that with how some enemies in SS hit like fucking trucks, and I find myself more involved than I was in TP just going in and flailing the Wiimote at most encounters.

4th and 5th dungeon item spoilers:
I'm still pretty annoyed by the inclusion of the whip in SS. It seems like Nintendo could have easily combined its functions with the clawshots (say, by letting you extend the chains and swing) and then designed an original item in its place.

Alrus

There's a shop in skyloft that sells wallet extensions, it's the flying one outside the bazaar (you have to hit the bell with the beetle or any kind of projectile).

Other than that there's a subquest that rewards you with bigger wallets. It's pretty easy.

sphinx

the piano man
Now about TP being non-linear, I really don't see how TP's way could be an "advantage" when you're still hopelessly restricted by the plot in terms of where you can go. Yeah, the world may be interconnected, but I don't see how SS's method of doing things is in anyway inherently worse when TP ends up pulling stuff like "Gate is closed, can't hop over it. Guy is in the way, can't get past him. Bolder is in the way, can't bomb it, do something else." And even in the off chance where you can attempt to go somewhere out of order, the linearity of the plot will still impede your progress. .

My fear is that by the end of SS, the world won't be as interconnected as it should.

Faron woods, which is the only zone I've been too, feels like a level, and not like an open world. I want my "Hyruke Field". Is it supposed to be the sky? cause traversing the sky hasn't been a nice experience so far. Maybe I have to spend more time with it.

peakish

Some of my collected thoughts on the game after finishing it earlier today. I'm a bad writer so it's of course too long.

This spin on the Zelda formula with more packed non-dungeon areas is great and long overdue. Traversing huge fields with a few enemy patrols or a vast ocean doesn't compare in any way to these smaller, tighter areas with enemies and light puzzling elements. It feels more like adventuring in an unknown environment than it has for a long time and I love that feeling. They get extra points for the vignettes of Link entering the dungeons, first staring into the darkness a few moments with dust rolling off walls or sparks hitting him in the face before slowly descending, it's a small but great touch.

The dungeons are also good, very pretty and with a lot of interesting central mechanics like the
time shifting stones
(a fantastic addition to the series!) and
tunneling underground
. Also, when I replayed TP and WW a few months ago I got very tired of the usual order of finding things, first the map, then the compass and two-thirds through the temple the new item which would be used for the remaining puzzles. Here you could get the map or the item first and often very early on in the dungeon instead of dragging stuff out. They also finally got rid of the compass which has been a shitty and unnecessary item since at least MM. Finally the final dungeon, and the rest of the end game, is some of the most fun I've had in the series ever. Superb stuff.

Combat is better than ever in the series, I didn't really think that motion controls would be this good but they are. It's not that most enemies are hard to figure out or beat, but except for the simplest ones all of them make you think of how you aim your blows. The better enemies even require you to use a small amount of tactics and there's a lot of interesting encounters. The combat works so well that they can even throw non-gimmick bosses into your face, bosses which are all about fighting instead of aiming for a weak spot with your newly acquired item (tm) or hitting that QTE button when it lights up. What I mean is that in comparison to TP, which had a lot of moves to learn, and WW, which had a lot of weapons you could pick up and use from the environment, you're actually required to learn how to fight here and that's a great change. Even if they go back to non-motion controls in the future I hope they keep that aspect since there's nothing worse than uninteresting combat in a game so full of enemies (hi there KotOR).

There are the things I didn't like about the game. Dowsing to collect the items required to get to the next area is boring. I understand that it's there to give you a few more challenges before moving on (and some of these were good) but in itself it's boring and finding a few parts to make a whole before several dungeons in a row just screams lazy. The later half of the game varies these challenges much better and I wish that variety was there the whole game. When you had to dowse for even more stuff before hitting the fourth dungeon, even having to do it several times at one made it feel like it was never going to stop (which it mostly did, thank fuck). I think that part was the worst pacing offender in the game. The harp also feels very poorly thought out, all songs were identical to play and sounded like shit, I can't remember how any of them went since it didn't really feel like music at all. More like noise.

But besides those early parts were the pacing was very on and off most issues I have are nitpicks. Like, I didn't enjoy flying between areas and the sky overworld was almost totally empty, but though I see room for improvement (or cutting) it didn't bother me much. Sidequests are a bit simple, but they're not a large part of the game and let you get to know some NPC's a bit (helped by solid though clichéd writing). They fixed TP's rupee messages but are now repeating it for every collectable after restart instead. Sprinting drains stamina too quickly.

These failures just pale beside good adventuring, the best cast since MM, jokes that finally don't fall flat and small touches like sitting down on chairs and suddenly getting an unexpected life story from your table mate. The game feels alive. I had a ton of fun with it and it finally gives me real hope for the future of the series. Whether that turns out to be more or less linear they've finally for the first time since MM shown that they can switch it up and that's all I could ever ask for.

Rating (3D): MM > OOT ~ SS > TP > WW

maharg

idspispopd

TP was actually the first console Zelda game I never finished and it was entirely because of the pointless waggle controls. If all waggling does is the exact same thing as hitting a button would have, you're expending a huge amount of effort to do absolutely nothing.

At least in SS, you're expending that work to actually achieve something you couldn't without a button.

oatmeal

Banned
At the final boss, saved and did some other shit.

Final dungeon was short and sweet.

fourth silent realm made me mad...blindsided me. Ghirahim's final sequence was awesome. Demise looks fucking awesome graphically.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!

?

Were you meaning to quote someone else? I never discussed(nor even give a shit) about the difference between Midna and 'sword girl'.

But as for linearity. How is TP non-linear? Sure "eventually" dozens of hours into the game you have access to the world at large. But the path is true and streamlined. Zelda 1 allowed sequence-breaking, giving true non-linearity to an open world(to the point that dungeon order was almost entirely user-generated outside of a few required tools).

My post specifically talked about the moment you first leave the forest in hour 4-5 in TP. The moment the camera first pans on the big empty field with the castle looming in the distance. It is here where you would finally want to actually check out the big field, but straying away from the open path leads to invisible walls and Midna clearly telling you "Not yet! Let's go to the castle first!". You can't even explore the space, instead you are in a tight invisible corridor leading directly to the next cutscene.

Eventually, yes you can explore...but not for a good long while, and with very little purpose other than heart pieces and ruppees.

Mgoblue201

Won't stop picking the right nation
I would actually prefer a truly open world Zelda (like WW on land), but I can also appreciate and enjoy what SS is trying to do. The issue is that the develops want to control the experience. Allowing the player freedom also means sacrificing some of the tight, carefully planned gameplay found in SS. I'd enjoy something like LTTP again: unencumbered access to most of Hyrule from early on in the game.

AniHawk

Hm? No, I'm
after visiting all three dragons. I've got the red gemstone thing I need to find a slot for in Skyloft, someone recommended I talk to the fortune teller for advice (because I assume we aren't supposed to literally examine every flat surface in Skyloft for a gem shaped hole)

fortune teller? what a bird-brained idea

CassSept

OK one thing. [mid-game]
Harp Duet in Lumpy Pumpkin is bullshit. I'm trying as hard as I can to nail it but I simply can't do it.
Overall the Harp is probably the worst-implemented instrument in the series. A great disappointment for me.

I get what Brandon F is saying pseudo(or fake if you will) non-linearity is bound to rub some people the wrong way.

It was a bit the same in Wind Waker before being able to control the wind (ooh I get to sail the ocean!!... oh, you mean I can only sail in two directions for now? And if I sail further than that island I'm supposed to get to an NPC will direct me back... ok :|). It was laid out much smoother in Wind Waker though, and it didn't really bother me (such a short amount of time anyway).

Though perhaps you will find comfort in how exactly SS does linearity, Brandon? Unlike WW and TP it wont present you this huge non-linear appearing world only to ruin the illusion by actually being quite linear. You could say SS approaches it from a different angle, by not bullshitting around by giving you linear design in a linear world (branching off linear).

TP was actually the first console Zelda game I never finished and it was entirely because of the pointless waggle controls. If all waggling does is the exact same thing as hitting a button would have, you're expending a huge amount of effort to do absolutely nothing.

You should really play the superior GCN version. No waggle, actual camera control, and you can backflip off of your horse whenever you damn well please.

Zekes!

I feel like Nintendo should be able to include multiple different modes of transportation in the next Zelda. We've had, what? Horse, boat, train and now flying? It'd be interesting to see them combine all these ideas.

I would actually prefer a truly open world Zelda (like WW on land), but I can also appreciate and enjoy what SS is trying to do. The issue is that the develops want to control the experience. Allowing the player freedom also means sacrificing some of the tight, carefully planned gameplay found in SS. I'd enjoy something like LTTP again: unencumbered access to most of Hyrule from early on in the game.
Just picturing a huge open non-linear overworld in a Wind Waker setting is enough to make me drool. But there's 1% chance that we will ever get a sandbox Zelda again. Being one of Nintendo's main series there's no way they will sacrifice accessibility for a more hardcore exploring adventure. The only way I can see it happening would be if they somehow made a New Zelda series returning to the root of the franchise, but it would be a niche game presumely releasing on the Virual Console.

maharg

idspispopd
You should really play the superior GCN version. No waggle, actual camera control, and you can backflip off of your horse whenever you damn well please.

Yeah, I always meant to get around to buying it but never did. Honestly, I was so tired and burned out on the game when I stopped playing it it didn't really leave me wanting to get back into it.

peakish

I feel like Nintendo should be able to include multiple different modes of transportation in the next Zelda. We've had, what? Horse, boat, train and now flying? It'd be interesting to see them combine all these ideas.

I know that some enjoy the boat riding in WW and / or the flying in SS, but like the musical instruments I'd like to give it a rest. I could totally see SS-like overworld areas connected to each other by fully rail roaded and "static" transportation to still give a sense of scale to the world. More specifically, something like how flying is done in World of Warcraft, you can't control the ride but it's quick and gives you a nice, scenic tour of the world. It could look absolutely smashing.

Of course this scene should be skippable, at least after you've seen it once!

Zekes!

I know that some enjoy the boat riding in WW and / or the flying in SS, but like the musical instruments I'd like to give it a rest. I could totally see SS-like overworld areas connected to each other by fully rail roaded and "static" transportation to still give a sense of scale to the world. More specifically, something like how flying is done in World of Warcraft, you can't control the ride but it's quick and gives you a nice, scenic tour of the world. It could look absolutely smashing.

I rather have full (or at least close to it) control over the my mode(s) of transportation. I feel like that would be a step back.

maharg

idspispopd
I rather have full (or at least close to it) control over the my mode(s) of transportation. I feel like that would be a step back.

I don't think that'd be really any different from the warps that have been around since the very first Zelda, just with a better excuse than "stairs/cave/stairs" or "magic flute" or "magically strong bird called by magic flute". Hell, I think the only game that hasn't had instant teleports (deliberately) like that was Zelda 2...

At least, assuming there is a non-fast/warp way to get there at all. if there's not then bleh.

peakish said:
So a bit like the elevators in Metroid? But not as boring visually, and more elaborate. Would fly with me, but then again when it comes to anything Metroid I’m rather biased…

Would be ok, of course it would need a warping system as well.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
I get what Brandon F is saying pseudo(or fake if you will) non-linearity is bound to rub some people the wrong way.

It was a bit the same in Wind Waker before being able to control the wind (ooh I get to sail the ocean!!... oh, you mean I can only sail in two directions for now? And if I sail further than that island I'm supposed to get to an NPC will direct me back... ok :|). It was laid out much smoother in Wind Waker though, and it didn't really bother me (such a short amount of time anyway).

Though perhaps you will find comfort in how exactly SS does linearity, Brandon? Unlike WW and TP it wont present you this huge non-linear appearing world only to ruin the illusion by actually being quite linear. You could say SS approaches it from a different angle, by not bullshitting around by giving you linear design in a linear world (branching off linear).

I'm not completely averse to linearity. It just rubs me when a game purposefully restricts itself for the sake of needless exposition or other similar design restrictions(as you implied correctly). TP was full of that stuff and it was irksome for me. (Hence my posted example, one of dozens I can list from that game).

For the player engaged in the narrative, it may not even be an issue. Of course you are going to run directly to that castle in TP! Why would you even bother doing otherwise! The overworld can wait. Zelda needs me now! I question the purpose of having me run a rigid straight line for 30 seconds amidst a giant field the game refuses to let me visit....until it says so. Fine, whatever...it's a just a tease for what is to come. I'll forcefully endure this minor excursion and look forward to when the game actually begins.

20+ hours in, I am told my next objective in Zelda TP. But first you HAVE to visit this bar in Castle Town. Why? Because the plot demands it despite the fact whatever NPC's I meet will play no role in the next leg of the quest. A forced detour meant to deliver a tiny bit more exposition that plays no role in my next destination. The only roadblock preventing me from skipping that exposition and reaching the next dungeon was Midna putting up an invisible barrier telling me to go and talk with NPC in the castle-town bar. I know where to go, and am at the entrance to the next world zone, but Midna won't let me pass. That conversation in castle town played no part in deconstructing that roadblock. It was pointlessly forced and interfered with the game. It never stops in TP.

Regardless, I am going to remain optimistic of SS. I know not to expect classic Zelda, and will have to make peace with modern Zelda. At the very least, I did enjoy the dungeons quite a bit in TP, and if the core puzzles are as engaging as the franchise usually delivers. I'll be at least content.

Hell, I am very open to the concept of motion plus. I actually am in the minority that prefers the waggle of TP Wii(mostly loved archery aiming).

Just beat the 4th dungeon , fuck that boss though, either my sensor bar is acting up or my swings aren't accurate enough.

On to the next one, 15 hours in

peakish

Fair enough!

So a bit like the elevators in Metroid? But not as boring visually, and more elaborate. Would fly with me, but then again when it comes to anything Metroid I’m rather biased…

Would be ok, of course it would need a warping system as well.

Yes, kind of like those elevators now that you mention it. The good thing about these systems is that it makes sense from a world building perspective, it's impossible to walk over the whole world in half an hour and completely different environments (volcanoes, snowy ridges, deserts, ...) aren't packed together within kilometers of each other. Having to fly between these different areas give a sense of scale to the world.

But like I said, I'm no fan of flying in SS, or using the boat in Phantom Hourglass, or the train in Spirit Tracks. They drag you into visually unappealing areas or simply boring game play modes. So let the transport instead take place in a seamless, huge overworld, that could look absolutely stunning - but then, if you're allowed free control over your mode of transportation it's again difficult to create the amount of content required for the desired scale.

Thus, fixed paths around which the developers can put all of their focus without sacrificing the scale. (Of course WOW actually has all these areas fully explorable on foot as well :p But we've seen no hints at all of Nintendo wanting to create such a huge world, when they did something somewhat large most of it was water)

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I don't think that'd be really any different from the warps that have been around since the very first Zelda, just with a better excuse than "stairs/cave/stairs" or "magic flute" or "magically strong bird called by magic flute". Hell, I think the only game that hasn't had instant teleports (deliberately) like that was Zelda 2...

At least, assuming there is a non-fast/warp way to get there at all. if there's not then bleh.

Skyward Sword is far more segmented overall though. Instead of instant teleportation, the player must find a statue, warp to the sky, then descend back into one of the three 'areas'.

The entire mode of transit in the sky is one of my biggest issues with the game (which I do love, despite my many criticisms). Having the 'portals' to the areas below make the entire world feel very disconnected, and spending so much time in the empty sky with few rocks, or interesting islands, doesn't help.

Even in Wind Waker, I would travel without teleporting if the distance was short enough because I really enjoyed the day / night cycle and it was a pleasant, even relaxing experience. The sky in SS is empty, it's not that great to view and having to flap my Wiimote up and down to achieve altitude makes for a very meh experience.

HeySeuss

I think I'm almost finished through the game. I'm currently
gathering song sections
. Haven't died on any boss yet, although the first meeting of gharihim and the boss of dungeon 5 came close.

I'm about to break away and do some more sidequests and find more goddess cubes. I've upgraded most everything I can and through exploring I've only been short on bird feathers. Everything else I have way more than I need.

This game is so easy to get distracted and before you know it, its 3 hours later. This game is one of my favorites so far, but sometimes the motion controls are unnecessary to me. Swimming should have been analog/pointer imo.

MicH

Need help on 6th dungeon boss
Any tips on beating him? Having a tough time getting to the phase where he takes out his swords. Those red diamonds are so annoying and I rarely hit them. Instead he grabs my sword :( Ay help would be appreciated

Any tips on beating him? Having a tough time getting to the phase where he takes out his swords. Those red diamonds are so annoying and I rarely hit them. Instead he grabs my sword :( Ay help would be appreciated
Use your shield to block his projectiles, leave at least one of them still floating around because if he runs out he'll teleport and restock. Keep your sword toward his right side, he uses his right hand to grab, then quickly switch to the left. His right hand isn't fast enough to keep up with you if you strike from the left, if you're quick enough.

It just takes some practice.

Once he enters his sword phase, just circle around him and wait for his teleport jumping attack where he reappears and stabs the ground with both swords, that's your chance to wail on him

bubnbob

Banned

I just deflected the red diamonds with the shield back at him. I hated his gimmick.

Flying trains controlled by horses that land on boats?

Reversed

I was on the 2nd temple; the part where you fight 3 Bokoblins. I failed to kill one with a stab attack on its chest (final blow), as you can do it only by Z-targetting; I assume it fell on the lava pit, so Link couldn't attack it. However, out nowhere Link breaks the world record on jumping by going farther than 2, 3, or more jumps until the wall on the entrance stops him. Ahahah, that was awesome!

8nOHP.png

Here's a mediocre illustration of what happened. Yeah, a YT video is way more appreciated.

Edit: it fell on the rock, yet when I went back to the upper platform, the bokoblin was left dead with that skull item. I guess it touched the lava and spoofed?

Flying trains controlled by horses that land on boats?
How about instead of a horse (or bird I guess) Link would mount a Lion or Tiger. Being able to use them as offensive attacks next to being a transportation method would be pretty cool.

Or to take inspiration from Metroid again... a War Golem!

20100309192738!Mogenar_Concept.jpg

The design already looks like something from Tower of Gods(WW)/Temple of Time(TP), again it would add some cool combat mechanics to the game(imagine a boss fight controlling this thing). As for transportation, either it will be able to run very fast (perhaps some long thrust jumps?), or perhaps roll into a ball and travel morphball mode... Or perhaps all 3, would make a lot of sense to have upgrades for it.

Either way, integrating the transportation method into both gameplay and narrative as much as possible will only be good. In TP I didn't really feel connected to Epona, she was pretty much optional all the time rendering her into a minor element in the game.

So, I need to know who is responsible for the
tadtones
section, so that I can go to every length in an effort to ensure that they don't touch a future Zelda title with a ten foot pole. I love the game but I probably won't be replaying it anytime soon because of that part.

The scenery was really awesome but man, worst fetch quest in recent memory.

Wouldn't it be awesome if we discovered that they literally have this one guy making all the fetch quests in major Nintendo games. The Triforce pieces, the Tears of Light, Chozo Artifacts, Sky Temple Keys, etc.). He's just sitting at his desk creating an endless amount of tedious objects to throw inside any game he can get to.

I already hate him!

Raw64life

tadtones
section, so that I can go to every length in an effort to ensure that they don't touch a future Zelda title with a ten foot pole. I love the game but I probably won't be replaying it anytime soon because of that part.

Literally just got to this part. Swam around for 2-3 minutes then shut the game off. Dreading doing it.

Kard8p3

tadtones

They probably talked to him during the Iwata Asks that covered the forest. I remember one of the guys saying the last time you go to the forest is unbelievable.

http://iwataasks.nintendo.com/interviews/#/wii/zelda-skyward-sword/1/4

Seems Hiramuki was the one that said it.

Mistle

They probably talked to him during the Iwata Asks that covered the forest. I remember one of the guys saying the last time you go to the forest is unbelievable.

http://iwataasks.nintendo.com/interviews/#/wii/zelda-skyward-sword/1/4

Seems Hiramuki was the one that said it.
They also say on that page that what Fi says is "really funny".
Fi has probably only been funny 2-3 times. So I'm convinced that her robot-talk is somehow a lot more entertaining in Japanese lol.

Top Bottom