• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword |OT| Home of Punkin' Chunkin' Champion 2011

ramyeon

Ordered mine internationally off Game in the UK, since it's almost half the price they're charging in stores here (Australia) :/ and the release date is earlier. Probably won't get it for another two weeks at least like Xenoblade, but it shipped today.

Honestly, it seems like Skyward Sword has turned into "How different is it than OoT" instead of "Is it awesome as hell". I don't have any expectations for different setups and whatnot. I doubt it will be as different as Majora, so I just want an awesome game worthy of the Zelda name. That's all I'm worried about honestly.

Mistle

So I'm facing a dilemma:

Should I play the game on a nicer & bigger televsion- but with approx half a second input lag?
Or should I play it on smaller television with lesser image quality, but unnoticeable input lag?

I can't decide!

Netto-kun

And back to reading for exams. :D
SSL22381.jpg

Mistle said:
So I'm facing a dilemma:

Should I play the game on a nicer & bigger televsion- but with approx half a second input lag?
Or should I play it on smaller television with lesser image quality, but unnoticeable input lag?

I can't decide!
It's Zelda. The input lag wont matter most likely, as the timing queues are so relaxed it isn't' funny. Of course, even if it won't harm the game play, if you can feel it while moving around and whatnot, it would drive me insane.

Of course, this does use motion plus, so it will probably be more detrimental...

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Sorry for the OT: Netto-kun, can you link me that wallpaper pretty please?

Mistle

abstract alien said:
I just want an awesome game worthy of the Zelda name. That's all I'm worried about honestly.
Then there is no need to worry :D every single impression/review, be it good or bad, say that it's still a remarkable Zelda game. It's going to be great.

And in response to your above post: Usually it wouldn't matter too much, but yeah, considering how focused on M+ the game is it becomes a more concerning factor. It is noticeable, but perhaps just because I know it's there and I'm looking out for it. I only have the demo to experiement with, but I do notice that when I get immersed in the game I tend to not notice the lag. I think it's just a matter of tuning out of it and not letting it be a focus.

Although it's a fantastic TV, it was made in 2007 i believe, so it lacks all those new options that I could disable/enable to decrease lag.

CassSept

It's going to be there.

Hmm, so far so good. I'm actually quite liking the intro. Which alone blows my mind.
Controls feel weird but I guess I'll get used to it. Only thing I don't like is that they left IR out, that's a shame. Draw distance filter felt weird at first too but Im warming up to it.

Edit:
Starwolf_UK said:
It was for Xenoblade. You'll also have a spare super-thick manual inside the box with all the FIGSE languages in it (like the old days of NOE)
Hah, you wish. The manual is actually in TWELVE languages, each part 8 pages long with only the basic information about the game.

Alright guys, I have the weird feeling that this game is pretty short. I played at a steady pace, was always looking for sidequests, goddess cubes, upgrades etc. For anyone who finished it:
I have 26 hours logged in and I'm at the part where you have to get the water to open the fire dungeon where the last fire is located. I mean, I can't be too far off from the end of the game, right?
For reference, Twilight Princess took me 45h to complete.

Glass Rebel said:
Alright guys, I have the weird feeling that this game is pretty short. I played at a steady pace, was always looking for sidequests, goddess cubes, upgrades etc. For anyone who finished it:
I have 26 hours logged in and I'm at the part where you have to get the water to open the fire dungeon where the last fire is located. I mean, I can't be too far off from the end of the game, right?
For reference, Twilight Princess took me 45h to complete.
In other words, you're almost at the 2nd temple?

Even though I'm in NA, I just ordered it from game.co.uk..

I don't want to give NoA my money since they weren't the ones who provided me with Xenoblade.

$8 is a small premium to pay to support NoE, imo.

Anth0ny

TSA said:
No.

We also never got soundtracks for the following pre-Twilight Princess games:

- Link's Awakening
- Oracle of Seasons
- Oracle of Ages
- Four Swords
- Four Swords Adventures
- The Minish Cap

I meant soundtracks that mattered.

=D

CassSept

Reached the first temple in 2 hours 20 minutes according to Fi. The beginning is incredibly strong considering previous Zeldas. You actually do something, woah.

I can already see though where the complaints about the overworld are coming from. Hyrule feels incredibly tunneled. Haven't spend too much time yet around the sky to compare it to the Great Sea. And I have to go out. And I won't be able to play this game until tomorrow. AAAAAAA

MasterShotgun

brazen editing lynx
4 more days. Skyrim is keeping me occupied, so the days should go by quickly.

My roommate told me that due to his classes, he may not start the game until the Winter Break. If it holds up, it means my time with SS should be unrestricted (apart from keeping up with my own classes).

GJS

Heavy's Sandvich said:
IT'S ARRIVED.

THANK YOU TESCO.

I'M DEAD TO THE WORLD. DO NOT DISTURB.

GET IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIN.
Good lord. I don't imagine my order from Tesco arriving until Friday/Saturday or Monday, they only sent out the despatch notices last night.

Aeonin

Boy the first part was worrying me all kinds - it was a little boring. But once you suit up and head to the
surface
it just picks up all kinds and becomes so engaging. Can't wait for my roommate to wake up and get out the living room so I can hit up some more.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Looks more like people trying to identify a controversy that doesn't really seem to be there.

At any rate, Excitebots was pretty awesome.

Alrus

This obsession people have with meltdowns is a bit grating. Of course some people will be annoyed by that review, but there doesn't seem to be anything on the level of the 8.8 TP review. Stop desperately trying to show something that's not there...

Tadale

Alrus said:
This obsession people have with meltdowns is a bit grating. Of course some people will be annoyed by that review, but there doesn't seem to be anything on the level of the 8.8 TP review. Stop desperately trying to show something that's not there...

I was there for that blowup, but I never understood why people were having such a fit over it. The hype levels for TP and the Wii were crazy back then.

Zeal

Banned
I'll give this Zelda its music, man. The music is fucking incredible.

The fucking
ambient theme that plays when Fi leads you to the Goddess Sword. OMG, I could sleep to that

Zeal said:
I'll give this Zelda its music, man. The music is fucking incredible.

The fucking
ambient theme that plays when Fi leads you to the Goddess Sword. OMG, I could sleep to that

Yeah, I'll take back what I said about the music in SS. It's actually amazing, and well damn worth being orchestrated.

ASIS

Heavy's Sandvich said:
The music.

THE MUSIC!!!

I'll ensure not to read another word from that gamespot writer.

Incredible.
Yeah, I find it weird that reviewers chose this game to complain about the music. It's incredible! I can honestly say that not only does it have one of the strongest OST's in any game, but it also has Fi's Theme (AKA the greatest song in VG history).

anyway an update, 25 hours in the game, loving every second. I've done
two silent realm
quests. I came to the conclusion that people are complaining about it simply because
it's in a different dimension. Really, it plays just fine

Also, I've completed the fourth dungeon.. WOW is all I can say right now.

One final thing
the area with the isle of songs is so beautiful and mysterious

Guys, you need to play this game, I want to discuss so many things but I don't want to spoile it for you, so hurry up already!

ASIS

Big One said:
The game isn't riddled with tedious fetch quests, you're only ever required to do
three
of them. And only one of them is pretty terrible, while another is actually extremely well designed and fun.
Which one do you mean? I just
got the hookshot
so did I already play it or is it still coming?

EDIT: DAMMIT double post, sorry guys.

Top Bottom