• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword |OT| Home of Punkin' Chunkin' Champion 2011

Big One

Banned
Hiltz said:
Just curious, can Link perform that sword sheath trick like in Twilight princess?
Link
doesn't do that trick but does do a cool trick everytime he seals the Imprisoned. It's different and involves him pointing his sword down like a boss.

Big One said:
Hey TSA just a question but did you get the
Hylian Shield
on your first playthrough? Cause I didn't and had absolutely no idea where to find it till after I beat the game. Really surprised it isn't necessary to have. Which is fine cause the
Goddess Shield
alone is a balanced, yet useful item near end-game.

Also don't think our discussion is over, I'll be responding tomorrow night!

Ok.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
So uh, is it safe to lurk around here? A lot of people seemed upset about something back there so it's kind of... worrying... to click back :eek:

Mistle

Laughing Banana said:
So uh, is it safe to lurk around here? A lot of people seemed upset about something back there so it's kind of... worrying... to click back :eek:
Big One said how many dungeons there are without spoiler tagging.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Mistle said:
Big One said how many dungeons there are without spoiler tagging.
That's BARELY even a spoiler. Someone PM me the count.

F#A#Oo

Banned
Heavy's Sandvich said:
Tesco have said that it's been dispatched. It better be here on Thursday.

Cannot wait!

I got BF3 and Dark Souls a day early from Tesco...all dispatched on a Tuesday night...

Mistle

Rez said:
That's BARELY even a spoiler. Someone PM me the count.
It can be a spoiler to some people I guess but I don't see it as a serious one. I actually asked Feep a few days ago because I was curious. There's (don't highlight unless you want to know)
7, including final area.

But that's all I know. I don't want to know what they actually are.

Zelda traditionally makes your objective pretty clear. It's unlikely you'd ever enter a dungeon and not have an idea if there's another one coming or not. So I don't see the big deal.

Thoraxes

There's a difference between knowing how many more you have to go and going through the journey to discover what the last one is.

You don't know how many dungeons the game has until you complete the game is the point, which is why it's a spoiler.

Zeal

Banned
I tried playing this on Wii after Dolphin and it is just not possible. That being said, I'm currently playing in 1080p on Dolphin and the game is beyond beautiful. I actually put down Skyrim and Halo Anniversary just to play further.

I swear, it's as if it was meant to look like this originally. Seeing the game this way makes me so anxious for the Nintendo HD era get off its ass and get here already.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Just finished up the 4th dungeon. Music in the area outside the dungeon was stunning.

Games boss battles continue to amaze. That was fun.

AdamBot

Zeal said:
I tried playing this on Wii after Dolphin and it is just not possible. That being said, I'm currently playing in 1080p on Dolphin and the game is beyond beautiful. I actually put down Skyrim and Halo Anniversary just to play further.

I swear, it's as if it was meant to look like this originally. Seeing the game this way makes me so anxious for the Nintendo HD era get off its ass and get here already.

Kinda makes you wonder if the WiiU will allow you to play original Wii games in HD.

Smellycat

Zeal said:

Is there a video (with no spoilers) of how the game looks like on Dolphin?

Red

Smellycat said:
Is there a video (with no spoilers) of how the game looks like on Dolphin?
If someone can suggest a good way to compress fraps video without losing much quality, I can get you some footage of the demo. Any free programs on Windows capable of that?

:'( wtf amazon, I have prime and it says it's coming next Wednesday, I really hate Sunday releases, this is exactly like the 3DS

Hmmmmmm I should try talking to an amazon rep, when I did that with the 3DS I got it a day before the release date

Hype!!!!!! We are so close to the release date

Thoraxes

http://wii.ign.com/articles/121/1212611p1.html

IGN NVC Podcast Zelda special edition.

Rich says at the beginning that it is a non-spoiler edition because he does not want to spoil the game before it comes out, so it's safe. However, he says if you are a pure blackout person (as in you don't want to know any gameplay details (there is a beetle in the game, Phi is your companion, etc.) or ANYTHING AT ALL, do not listen, though you probably aren't reading this thread if you don't know something.

They also have the guy who did the 1up review too, and the weird curve of scores from Metacritic is mentioned, and they all give their impressions of the game with no spoilers. It was a good listen for me.

brandonh83 said:
Worst Zelda fan ever made.

Maybe, but Xenoblade is so damn good. I don't think I slept for a few days when I got that game. I was even hoping Zelda would borrow ideas from it. Xenoblade could possibly be my favorite game of this generation, it's in a close running with Valkyria Chronicles and Super Mario Galaxy 2.

Red

Can handbrake join clips?

For some reason it's resizing my video to 1920x936? I don't really know what I'm doing here, but I'll try to get the best quality possible for you guys.

Oh jeez the compression looks disgusting.

rhino4evr

friskykillface said:
:'( wtf amazon, I have prime and it says it's coming next Wednesday, I really hate Sunday releases, this is exactly like the 3DS

Hmmmmmm I should try talking to an amazon rep, when I did that with the 3DS I got it a day before the release date

Hype!!!!!! We are so close to the release date
Still waiting on Mario, while the majority of Gaf has already put it back on the shelf

dwu8991

Banned
Crunched said:
Okay, here is 1920x1080 video of the SS demo in Dolphin. It's split into four parts (not sure how to combine them in handbrake?). This is at 4x internal res and 8xAA:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-5VBHQyPi8&feature=youtu.be

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uu26PpGMKoY&feature=youtu.be

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0VEWk5hmB8&feature=youtu.be

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZiUB0aAPNtc&feature=youtu.be

The videos show the flying demo in its entirety.

You're so cruel!

Red

dwu8991 said:
You're so cruel!
Sorry :3

The video seem sort of sluggish, but the game always retains full speed on my PC, even with fraps recording. I'm not sure how to fix that. If anyone can suggest a way to retain the same level of quality and combine these clips, or achieve video without slowdown, I could reupload a better one.

dwu8991

Banned
Crunched said:
Sorry :3

The video seem sort of sluggish, but the game always retains full speed on my PC, even with fraps recording. I'm not sure how to fix that. If anyone can suggest a way to retain the same level of quality and combine these clips, or achieve video without slowdown, I could reupload a better one.

Not exactly HD quality, more HDMI quality though!

TSA said:
Maybe, but Xenoblade is so damn good. I don't think I slept for a few days when I got that game.

Rub it in. As a huge fan of all the Xeno titles (yes even 'saga), Xenoblade was by far one of my most anticipated games this gen. But... eh, the horse died a long time ago and this isn't the thread to continue the beating.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
I don't know how Xenoblade fans thought they could do what Starmen.net failed to achieve for years.

RE: Zelda: :( I hate being an honest consumer sometimes.

Thoraxes

BY2K said:
4 Days Remain.

NNNNGGGGGHHHHH!!!
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!
I'LL NEVER MAKE IT! SO CLOSE!

FCbO3.gif

brandonh83 said:
Rub it in. As a huge fan of all the Xeno titles (yes even 'saga), Xenoblade was by far one of my most anticipated games this gen. But... eh, the horse died a long time ago and this isn't the thread to continue the beating.

Yea, I've said my piece in the OT.

Top Bottom