• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword |OT| Home of Punkin' Chunkin' Champion 2011

Anth0ny said:
Um, okay.

So it looks like the actual orchestra did a lot of songs not included with the CD.

What in the name of fuck is this all about? Why in the blue hell would they not include all the music? At least sell it if you're not going to include it with the freebie CD. Do they think it won't sell?

Very annoying. This music is absolutely fantastic, but I don't want to hear it in Youtube quality with fans cheering and clapping over it.

I think they're going to sell a full CD at some point? I would guess that would be the most likely reason.

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
Thoraxes said:
http://wii.ign.com/articles/121/1212611p1.html

IGN NVC Podcast Zelda special edition.

Rich says at the beginning that it is a non-spoiler edition because he does not want to spoil the game before it comes out, so it's safe. However, he says if you are a pure blackout person (as in you don't want to know any gameplay details (there is a beetle in the game, Phi is your companion, etc.) or ANYTHING AT ALL, do not listen, though you probably aren't reading this thread if you don't know something.

They also have the guy who did the 1up review too, and the weird curve of scores from Metacritic is mentioned, and they all give their impressions of the game with no spoilers. It was a good listen for me.

Thanks a lot for this. I'm intending to pick up a Wii this weekend, and though I'll need to wait likely 'till the new year to get SS (Ugh...kids and their Christmas presents...) I am soooo hyped as hell.

I've even been playing through OoT again for the first time sine '98. Good times, lads.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
TSA said:
But did they mean the concert music, or Skyward Sword, or both?

Oh man, the review thread might finally get the meltdown it wanted. GS review is up.

Would imagine both. When was the last time Nintendo didn't release a Zelda soundtrack (at least in Japan).

DrForester said:
Would imagine both. When was the last time Nintendo didn't release a Zelda soundtrack (at least in Japan).

Twilight Princess (select few on that Master Sword/Shield/CD item).
Phantom Hourglass.
Spirit Tracks.

Red

Ghirahim demo fight, Dolphin:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWqcG6iRC60&feature=youtu.be

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zih6Y0HmC_w&feature=youtu.be

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDpL4cH_oy8&feature=youtu.be

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uLvyTE6KBc&feature=youtu.be

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5aRzCItQHU

Slight spoilers I guess.

The first time he warps behind me, it looks like I'm just sitting there waiting for him to hit me because I was trying to shake the nunchuk by itself to do a spin attack. Was just playing Twilight Princess and my brain didn't fully make the switch to the m+ controls.

TheExodu5

Banned
So, from reading reviews, it sounds as though the game is riddled with tedious fetch quests (and even stealth garbage). Urge to buy subsiding.

Why can't Nintendo just cut out the filler?

Lunar15

TheExodu5 said:
So, from reading reviews, it sounds as though the game is riddled with tedious fetch quests (and even stealth garbage). Urge to buy subsiding.

A lot of reviewers had no problem with this. Some even said that it implemented quite well in SS as compared to other games in the series. It's a little strange to pick out just the few "less than glowing reviews" and take that as the final word.

Big One

Banned
TheExodu5 said:

The game isn't riddled with tedious fetch quests, you're only ever required to do
three
of them. And only one of them is pretty terrible, while another is actually extremely well designed and fun.

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
Crunched said:
Sorry :3

The video seem sort of sluggish, but the game always retains full speed on my PC, even with fraps recording. I'm not sure how to fix that. If anyone can suggest a way to retain the same level of quality and combine these clips, or achieve video without slowdown, I could reupload a better one.
Use VirtualDub to combine the raw clips recorded by Fraps - File > Append AVI Segment.

I've also uploaded a 1080p video of the demo (all 3 scenarios) played in Dolphin at fullspeed. Posted it in the Dolphin thread earlier, but I guess I'll share it here too!

http://youtu.be/NlXvTUYUDbI

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Anybody know if Best Buy is doing a midnight release for this?

I asked them about a week ago, and they said they weren't sure. But if corporate allowed any store to do it, then they would definitely be participating.

dwu8991

Banned
TheExodu5 said:

Probably because it's an action/RPG game and not simply an action game.

zoukka

TheExodu5 said:

Fetch quests in my adventure games? No wai.

Also you can't know if the stealth is shit or not until trying. Some people hated OoT sneaking missions which were quite easy and fun (harder in MM) and some people liked the WW sneaking, which I didn't.

It's not BG&E levels or garbage ever luckily :b

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus

Anth0ny

TSA said:
Twilight Princess (select few on that Master Sword/Shield/CD item).
Phantom Hourglass.
Spirit Tracks.

lol

Do we have a reason for this? Nintendo released soundtracks for every Zelda prior to TP, and damn near every somewhat popular Japanese game gets a soundtrack release. So... what the hell Nintendo?

Fetch quests are that bad now? It looks like Skyrim deserves below a 7. Every adventure game is below 7. 7's for everybody!

Eh, reviews. I don't give a crap about what other people say until I try it.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Anth0ny said:
lol

Do we have a reason for this? Nintendo released soundtracks for every Zelda prior to TP, and damn near every somewhat popular Japanese game gets a soundtrack release. So... what the hell Nintendo?
Club Nintendo Platinum prize for next year. lol

I don't think I'll make Platinum next year. :(

Mistle

Shit, 2 days until UK gets it, huh? So close.

24th down here in Australia.. sigh. I'm hoping one of the stores breaks street date so all the others do, but after the OoT3D fiasco, I think they're going to try and play by the rules a bit more.

On the flip side I guess my expectations are going to be a bit more realistic going into the game.

I think I was way too hyped about Twilight Princess and expected it to be the second coming 8-bit christ (I think most people did).

By the end of the day, Zelda will be Zelda, and I will eat that shit up no matter how high or low it will perform.

CloakBass

Big One said:
Some of the voice talent in the game is actually pretty good. Ryusei Nakao (aka Freeza) voices Ghirahim. I think Ghirahim would've been considerably enhanced if he spoke all of his dialogue.
Wow. What's funny is he really reminded me of Freeza during that first encounter, but I thought it was more or less because of his mannerisms/creepiness. Apparently there was more to it!

New thread title should be "The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword |OT| of saving Planet Namek with the power of Wii Motionplus™"

Does this mean that Skyloft = Namek?

I had my first dream(nightmare...) about SS last night. I was walking around a game store looking for a game for me and my gf when I saw that they had the limited edition ss bundle. So grabbed a copy and rushed to the counter as fast as possible. Then I said 'This is such a great game' really loudly. But as I said that I realized that the box wasn't gold... it was just a wiimote box...

wii_motion_plus.jpg

nice attention seeking score from gamespot. im honestly not shocked it got a score that low from there

cant wait until this weekend and get my hands on this game. anyone going to the nintendo world event on saturday?

effingvic said:
nice attention seeking score from gamespot. im honestly not shocked it got a score that low from there

cant wait until this weekend and get my hands on this game. anyone going to the nintendo world event on saturday?
I feel the exact same way...and did people really hate the stealth part of WW? I loved those parts.

I enjoyed both the stealth parts of OoT and WW. I can hardly recall the stealth of MM (it was the deku palace, right?), nor can I remember if there was any stealth in TP(even though I just played it...)

Madao

you can just run like fuck in the stealth missions before they catch you anyway so it is already way better than the stealth in the other games where you got caught instantly.
you don't even need to fully run. just get away from the enemy and collect the stuff.

Ok, 2 side quest related questions

1. The one with the potion enhancer:
where is that bird with the baby's rattle? Edit1: It's probably on that windmill with there being a nest and all but I can't get on it :( Edit 2:Ok, I'm on the windmill but I can't pick it up wtfff. Edit 3: oh god. I got it.

2. The one with Fun Fun island:
you gotta get that roulette thingy in the desert, right? I know where it is, I even scouted the area with the beetle but for the love of god I can't get up there. how?

squall23

Glass Rebel said:
Ok, 2 side quest related questions
2. The one with Fun Fun island:
you gotta get that roulette thingy in the desert, right? I know where it is, I even scouted the area with the beetle but for the love of god I can't get up there. how?
From a small walkthrough that I found:

bomb that rocks near the mine cart and statue, you'll know the rest

Kard8p3

BY2K said:
Screw the GameSpot review, Freeza is Ghirahim!

My mind is blown!

Yeah I never thought anything about his voice till I found this out yesterday. Now it's so obvious I'm surprised I never picked up on it.

squall23

Even characters that don't talk need good voice actors for grunts and yells. That's why Nobuyuki Hiyama Link was the best Link.

Anth0ny said:
lol

No.

We also never got soundtracks for the following pre-Twilight Princess games:

- Link's Awakening
- Oracle of Seasons
- Oracle of Ages
- Four Swords
- Four Swords Adventures
- The Minish Cap

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
TheCongressman1 said:
Fetch quests are that bad now? It looks like Skyrim deserves below a 7. Every adventure game is below 7. 7's for everybody!

Eh, reviews. I don't give a crap about what other people say until I try it.
Fetch quests are only bad if the quest itself is boring. The object(s) you're fetching are just a middle term objective like anything else, something that must be set for the game to make sense. The hate for fetch quests is overblown and misdirected.

CoolS

Yay, I already got it. thanks amazon.de!

Just a quick question after one and a half hour in: Weren't we supposed to be able tu turn of most of the HUD? Because I can't find a option for it anywhere :(

Edit: Literally 30 seconds later the option becomes available.

CoolS said:
Yay, I already got it. thanks amazon.de!

Just a quick question after one and a half hour in: Weren't we supposed to be able tu turn of most of the HUD? Because I can't find a option for it anywhere :(

Don't worry, as soon as you finish the "tutorial" you'll get the option to turn it almost completely off.

Top Bottom