• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword |OT| Home of Punkin' Chunkin' Champion 2011

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I know I'm just repeating myself... but PLEASE buy this game. If you haven't bought it, PLEASE. PLEEEEEEASE BUY IT! It's soooo good.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Lemme try this again :

- When you get to the
Sea of Sand
how much of the main game is left?

Kifimbo

Silly question.

Trying to find the guys party wheel. I'm dowsing int eh desert near the desert entrance and get a good signal, it's on a cliff. But how do I get up there?

IIRC,
You need to hit the switch near the desert entrance. It will bring the past to this area, and it will create vines that you can climb to reach the wheel.

LQX

Man I hate Links voice. Sounds like he is about to hawk and spit.

And so annoying you have to listen to that guy over and over if you jump off a ledge. Doesn't appear you can skip any of it.

Xane

Man I hate Links voice. Sounds like he is about to hawk and spit.

And so annoying you have to listen to that guy over and over if you jump off a ledge. Doesn't appear you can skip any of it.

The game is annoying the shit out of you for jumping off so you don't repeat it!

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
The game looks good enough on my 42" LG LCD. Not minding the low resolution at all since it looks fantastic. I am hooked to this game and now I can play it all I want.. ALLLL!!! Life will get on the way I am sure but... screw it.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Half-way through.

Jesus.... me and Yoshi were more or less playing "normally" which was neither speedrun nor total completionist...

You're telling me we would've clocked in around 50-60 of game time? ( if it took us almost 30 hours to reach that spot ). Damn, here I thought that was the endgame and I wasn't going to miss out on TOO much while waiting to play the game again, somehow.

Jzero

Game looks pretty shitty on my CRT since it has magnet stains, other than that it's pretty amazing so far. The controls took me a bit to get used to though especially in the beginning with the cat.

Phew, just came back from the store with the controller bundle. I hadn't originally pre-ordered it since I didn't know if I would still be living in the same area, and my brother recently kept forgetting to order it for me. So today, I scrambled to try to find it, calling maybe 30 stores, from Futureshop, to BestBuy, to EB Games, to Walmart (who knew they took pre-orders!), but they were all either sold out or had copies only for pre-orders. Finally on my 7th Walmart, they had an extra and I had them hold it while I drove like an hour out to get it. So happy I managed to snag one, looking forward to playing it later tonight!

Pretty disappointed that while listening to the 25th Anniversary CD that I can't say exactly where each tune is. Just I know this is from Wind Waker or this is from A Link to the Past etc. :/ and I thought I was a Zelda fan too. There's no excuse for this.

Xane

62 hours in and I still can't seem to find the Pumpkin Shooting minigame.
It is the only thing I haven't done in this game!

CassSept

Jesus.... me and Yoshi were more or less playing "normally" which was neither speedrun nor total completionist...

You're telling me we would've clocked in around 50-60 of game time? ( if it took us almost 30 hours to reach that spot ). Damn, here I thought that was the endgame and I wasn't going to miss out on TOO much while waiting to play the game again, somehow.

50 hours sounds right if you went on at that pace. I'm nearing 24 hours and what seems to be the endgame, unless there is some unforeseen plot twist I'd wager I'll clock at around 26-27 hours or so, in comparison I reached
the Sandship
at around ummm... 17 hours into the game I believe? Maybe 16, that doesn't matter, the point is that 50 hours would be a good guess on how much it'd take you to finish the game.

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
I don't know why people were complaining about a slow start. I thought it was perfectly fine. The supporting characters are pretty entertaining. Usually when Zelda gets in trouble, I barely care, but in this case, I actually gave a shit.

MasterShotgun

brazen editing lynx
Does anybody else think this game is harder than the other 3D Zeldas? Especially compared to Wind Waker and Twilight Princess.

In terms of combat, it's definitely the most difficult 3D Zelda. I'll see how the puzzles stack once I beat the game.

*post-game spoilers*

I can already tell that Hero Mode is going to be a bitch. I can't wait to unlock it.

Effect

Picked up my copy this morning but only got a chance to play it now. On the way home I got a headache so had to rest to make sure that went away so I could enjoy the game. Still in Skyloft but so far enjoying it. Just did some swordplay for the first time and no trouble at all with the controls. Really just taking my time with the game so far and already have just over a hour clocked. Could see this game lasting me for a quite a while. :)

Does anybody else think this game is harder than the other 3D Zeldas? Especially compared to Wind Waker and Twilight Princess.

Yes, it's absolutely harder, at least as far as combat is concerned. Enemies make 4x the damage- a full heart, instead of a 1/4 heart. I've died a shitload of times from enemies, all it takes is a few hits. Also, heart replenishments are not very commonly found.

Definitely hardest 3D Zelda. I actually died against Ghirahim, and have come pretty damn close several other times.

Hero Mode will kill me.

Kifimbo

I don't know why people were complaining about a slow start. I thought it was perfectly fine. The supporting characters are pretty entertaining. Usually when Zelda gets in trouble, I barely care, but in this case, I actually gave a shit.

It's slow compared to most games. However, most games are 8-15 hours long, while this one is 35-50 hours long.

vaelic

Banned
Jesus, this game is amazing. I only have a few gripes with it, but it's hard to not give it a perfect score. I never thought this would pull me away from Dark Souls, but Nintendo pulled some magic stunts with this one. The items are so...useful. All the time o_O

Lcd or plasma?

LCD. any preferred wii settings for a LCD? 42" LG

vaelic

Banned
The game looks good enough on my 42" LG LCD. Not minding the low resolution at all since it looks fantastic. I am hooked to this game and now I can play it all I want.. ALLLL!!! Life will get on the way I am sure but... screw it.

take a pic. I have the same tv. I want to see all those jaggies

RBH

Target pre-Black Friday ad (11/20 - 11/23):

i_Target_2011_The-Legend-of-Zelda-Skyward-Sw_1321269149.jpg

Full ad:
http://bfads.net/Ad/Target2011-11-13

aktham

Just picked up the last non-preordered CE at Best Buy, so stoked!

Lucky! According to the lady at Best Buy there were people lined up for Zelda and the 12 non pre-ordered copies sold almost instantly. Anybody know if Walmart is hanging on to their CE as a black Friday deal?

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
take a pic. I have the same tv. I want to see all those jaggies

Sure... best I could while my sister plays (she's been at this like 6 consecutive hours now lol):

Not the best pic ever but I wanted to highlight those JAGGIEZ!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I've been roaming around the
pirate-ship
for a good 30-45 minutes without any progress what so ever... how the fuck do I get to the generator rooms? I know where they are, but there's
electricity
and shit in the way...

HELP, CORKY!

Anth0ny

I've been roaming around the
pirate-ship
for a good 30-45 minutes without any progress what so ever... how the fuck do I get to the generator rooms? I know where they are, but there's
electricity
and shit in the way...

HELP, CORKY!

going back in time (shooting the switch with your arrow) makes the electricity go away)

Ragus

Banned
3rd pre-dungeon location is so fucking good. I mean, what the fuck. I'm even scared to think what is the dungeon like.

I have a question for those who had already completed the game:

By accident I have seen the walkthrough list on ign.com. Now, I am at Lanayru Desert which is the 12th entry on the list which consists of 18 entries. So, after 13 hours I've already passed more than a half of new Zelda? Please say, that it is not true ;(.

RagnarokX

I am so extremely pissed off right now. I went to gamestop to trade in a couple of games to pay off Skyward Sword and they tell me that a city law prevents them from doing trades on Sundays. What kind of stupid law is that? Where's a magazine rack?

Top Bottom