• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Mass Effect Community Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patryn

Have they explained the breathing scene at the end of ME3?

It's just a little easter egg/reward for some players who wanted a live Shepard at the end. Recall that very few players actually ever see that scene, given that you have to have a high enough meter and choose Destroy.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Bioware has definitively gone on the record as saying that Shepard's story is over.

Have they explained the breathing scene at the end of ME3?

Was this the same for everyones playthrough? I just took it as giving the player the tease that Shepard may have survived. I think the only way this will be explained in E4 is if they have a plaque that says when Shepard died.

Edit: Thanks Patryn for answering my question.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
EA's E3 should be amazing this year. Gameplay from Mass Effect, Mirror's Edge 2, and Battlefront!

*Swoon*

Bah, if their last showcases are any clue, they'll show us the most rough footage they can, and rather than show games, they'll show ideas.

I hope Mass Effect, Mirror's Edge and Battlefront don't suffer from this. I want some good stuff from them. But I suspect Mirror's Edge will suffer because of Battlefront, since they're both from DICE.

Bah, if their last showcases are any clue, they'll show us the most rough footage they can, and rather than show games, they'll show ideas.

I hope Mass Effect, Mirror's Edge and Battlefront don't suffer from this. I want some good stuff from them. But I suspect Mirror's Edge will suffer because of Battlefront, since they're both from DICE.
I'm pretty sure that won't happen this year. You need to keep in mind they barely had any presentable footage for those games to show last year or the year before. By this time, though, they should have something tangible to show.

Mirror's Edge and ME Next will both be out next year. Battlefront is slated for this fall. So you get the idea.

Was this the same for everyones playthrough? I just took it as giving the player the tease that Shepard may have survived. I think the only way this will be explained in E4 is if they have a plaque that says when Shepard died.

Edit: Thanks Patryn for answering my question.

they have already confirmed shepard lives at the end of that specific case.

They also hinted that Shepard won't matter much continuing forwards, his story is told.

Anyway I hope we'll get a collection soon since I have a very specific playthrough in mind with certain characters dead, Shepard alive at the end and most importantly Mordin Solus alive.

I don't care how many races I have to fuck over and whether I have to kill Wrex, or if Mordin will hate Shepard for it he'll live.

i-Lo

Does a new arc mean that we our much beloved FemShep voice actor, Jenifer Hale will not be lending her voice for the next player selected female protagonist?

Patryn

Does a new arc mean that we our much beloved FemShep voice actor, Jenifer Hale will not be lending her voice for the next player selected female protagonist?

I would be very surprised if they bring her back to voice the protagonist. Ditto Mark Meer. Either would be very jarring.

I could still see them bringing her on to the game for other voices.

I would be very surprised if they bring her back to voice the protagonist. Ditto Mark Meer. Either would be very jarring.

yeah, it would be really weird to have them come back to voice the main characters of the game considering they're trying to distance the new game from shepard as much as possible

Sprinting past dem milestones.

apQavK1.png
Could this be a milestone related to E3? It's only 2.2 months away. Maybe a teaser is finished, or close?

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!

Some voice actors can be quite talented in making different sounding voices. Like Seth Green who does Joker and Chris Griffin...they dont even sound alike. Same with Jennifer Hale as Shepard or Leah in Diablo 3...i didnt even know it was her until someone mentioned it.

So, who knows...

Daemul

So are thresher maws able to travel thru space or spread their seed across space? That's a scary thought!

Yeah, Thresher Maws reproduce via spores that can lie dormant for millennia and are robust enough to survive prolonged periods in deep space and atmospheric re-entry. It's why thresher maw appear on many worlds, because their spores were spread by previous generations of space travellers.

Mark Meer will be back for sure since he's the one who voices a lot of the aliens, Hale always seems to have some role in Bioware games so she'll probably voice some side characters.

Patryn

Some voice actors can be quite talented in making different sounding voices. Like Seth Green who does Joker and Chris Griffin...they dont even sound alike. Same with Jennifer Hale as Shepard or Leah in Diablo 3...i didnt even know it was her until someone mentioned it.

So, who knows...

Mark Meer will be back for sure since he's the one who voices a lot of the aliens, Hale always seems to have some role in Bioware games so she'll probably voice some side characters.

Yeah, as I said, I wouldn't be shocked to hear Jennifer Hale and Mark Meer in ME4. I just really don't think they'll be the protagonist.

X-Frame

I have to have a custom face in pretty much any Bioware game.

Using the default face is so boring. Makes me feel like I'm not playing my Shepard.

I have to admit that when the play statistics came out, I got a little hipster thrill to learn that by playing a custom face Engineer FemShep, I was in practically the smallest percentage of the userbase possible.

That website masseffect2faces.com or whatever was awesome for getting face codes. And the fact that codes made it so easy just to take them into my game, I loved that. It really enhanced replayability for me because I suck at character creators.

Even though I was on 360 and a lot of the faces on there are PC with mods, still I could tweak them a bit to look good.

I understand DA:I's character creator has more options and customizability but I'd still sacrifice that in order to keep face codes.

Yeah, Thresher Maws reproduce via spores that can lie dormant for millennia and are robust enough to survive prolonged periods in deep space and atmospheric re-entry. It's why thresher maw appear on many worlds, because their spores were spread by previous generations of space travellers.

It blew my mind to find out that Shepard voiced the Vorcha.

nel e nel

. So are thresher maws able to travel thru space or spread their seed across space? That's a scary thought!

Considering we saw Thresher maws on differents planets on different star systems/clusters in ME1... i'd say yes, it's highly possible. :p

Doesn't anyone read the codex?

They reproduce via spores that can lie dormant for millennia and are robust enough to survive prolonged periods in deep space and atmospheric re-entry. As a result, thresher maw spores appear on many worlds, spread by previous generations of space travelers.

http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Thresher_Maw

nel e nel

You know just changing a few words from a wiki entry doesn't make it NOT plagiarism. :p

Agreed. I'm really looking forward to this year's E3. Both ME Next and Mirror's Edge 2 are expected to launch next year, so we'll probably be seeing some actual gameplay this year. Can't wait!

Also, this is my first post on GAF!
Welcome, this was my first thread I posted at as well. Thanks Bioware, Shinobi and thread community! It seems a lot of people join just for this thread.

Slaythe

I have to have a custom face in pretty much any Bioware game.

Using the default face is so boring. Makes me feel like I'm not playing my Shepard.

I have to admit that when the play statistics came out, I got a little hipster thrill to learn that by playing a custom face Engineer FemShep, I was in practically the smallest percentage of the userbase possible.

The custom male faces are so atrociously ugly (the proportions are flat out wrong and don't give you the options to fix them) that it took away all form of immersion for me.

So default Shepard it was.

I'm glad you guys are satisfied with the results you got, but compared to the main characters not a single shepard looks on par with default or characters such as Jack, Liara etc..

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Femshep was somebody I experimented with.

Male Shep - Mark Meer was perfect for a paragon
Jennifer Hale was perfect as a Renegade bitch.

Kabouter

The custom male faces are so atrociously ugly (the proportions are flat out wrong and don't give you the options to fix them) that it took away all form of immersion for me.

I'm glad you guys are satisfied with the results you got, but compared to the main characters not a single shepard looks on par with default or characters such as Jack, Liara etc..
I have no idea what you're talking about

11masseffect3nekf8.png

wolfhowwl

Banned
Since the next game is on Frostbite, I hope we will see some environmental destruction. Biotic powers should be tearing the place apart.

Yes they got added in months later. Can also play as geth, female turians. Bunch of cool stuff.
I remember people playing as geth, that might've been right around the time I stopped playing. I got to play as a female quarian infiltrator.
Yeah, they added a few classes later on. A Collector, too.

Never got that class.

Dammit, now I want to hook up the 360 and see if I can't get it.
a collector class? that'd have to be nothing more than a skin from a story standpoint. I wish they'd make less complicated how to obtain other classes/species to play as.
Since the next game is on Frostbite, I hope we will see some environmental destruction. Biotic powers should be tearing the place apart.
fuck yeah, that would be so dope.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!

Everyone have to try Obama Shepard once in their life.
(Not the best Obama, but it does the job.) :p

BSTyXdo.png

nel e nel

screenshot054n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom