• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Mass Effect Community Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, tweeting. Tweeted up a storm on Friday because we had our usual team get together where we look at all the work that has been done by everyone over the past little while.
I see, cool. Twitter's been a great way for people to announce stuff and what not but I never really got into it.

Anyways, all of the tweets hasn't come off as "trolling" to me. Inadvertent teasing perhaps but that's how us fans will of course be taking it, coz of the anticipation.

Yeah I can see the Cerberus Pack on the store, I'm just not allowed to download it. I could purchase a digital copy of the game for £4.99 but the question is, is Zaeed worth it? Baring in mind I do feel a bit like I'm missing out by not having a squad member.

Edit: Also does anybody know if my physical copy save file will work on the digital copy?
Zaeed's a pretty interesting character. Sort of like a cross between your crazy war-veteran grandfather and Han Solo. I wouldn't pay five quid for him alone, but if I remember correctly, other DLC also comes with the Cerberus Network. Might want to check the Mass Effect wiki to make sure.

I can't confirm it, but I see no reason why your saves wouldn't work with the digital version.

Yeah I can see the Cerberus Pack on the store, I'm just not allowed to download it. I could purchase a digital copy of the game for £4.99 but the question is, is Zaeed worth it? Baring in mind I do feel a bit like I'm missing out by not having a squad member.

Edit: Also does anybody know if my physical copy save file will work on the digital copy?

Zaeed was very cool. He was my go-to character until I got Archangel back. I also loved hearing his stories on the Normandy. Pity that characters like him and Kasumi never got the true "investigate" dialogue options so you couldn't really talk with them - just listen to them.

And I got him + Kasumi + Shadow Broker + Firestorm for free because all the DLC is bundled with the PS3 version of the game :)

Lakitu

st5fu
Kay. None of mine is ever trolling, and unless I'm unaware of it, I think I do more vague enthusiastic tweeting than anyone else on the team. I'm sorry that it's coming across that way, it's not intended to.
It's not easy not talking about things, either. I'd much rather show you. I can't.

You can.

We'll meet up somewhere. You wear a trench coat and hide a PC monitor inside it.

But in all seriousness, I love the enthusiasm by many of the staff members and I like getting teased, in a way it lends even more to my hype. But then there's also part of me that just wants to see it already. I guess I need to be patient.

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
Jos has popped into the BSN twitter thread a few times before to remind everyone he's simply enthusiastic about his work, too. He really is quite excited about his work, and it tends to show. I think we'll all feel less jaded about this kind of stuff once the game is formally revealed, but I've always enjoyed seeing signs of his own self-hype, I guess.

Patryn

Yep, tweeting. Tweeted up a storm on Friday because we had our usual team get together where we look at all the work that has been done by everyone over the past little while.

Honestly, the tweets don't bother me.

It's not like you're doing anything on official channels. You're all using your own private twitter feeds, and realistically, people need to know some pretty deep inside baseball to find that stuff.

All this talk about taunting I think comes from people who then publicize the tweets all over the place, thus giving them wider exposure than I'm guessing many of you intended.

If I had my way, I'd put a moratorium in posting those tweets in this thread unless they had something of actual substance. So basically getting rid of all the tweets that just say that the latest build looks great or whatever.

But I'm just one guy, so who cares what I think?

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
There is no complete edition that includes all the DLC.

What DLCs are missing from Origin? Bring Down the Sky?

My ME1 isn't on Origin, but I remember I had to grab that DLC in some really unusual, not user friendly way from EA. At least it was free, i think.

All ME3 DLCs should be on Origin though. ME2 too I guess(bought them on Bioware website back when Origin wasn't a thing), but have to use those Bioware points.

Daemul

I know right, shooting Mordin so many times ain't easy.

2618366.jpg

It was hard shooting Mordin the first time I had to do it on my original playthrough, but he left me with no choice.

RIP Mordin

Truant

I just had a dream that Obsidian was making a Mass Effect spinoff game between the main BioWare titles.

It was called Mass Effect: Dark Space and featured a crew of smugglers who had to escape through a malfunctioning relay and ended up in reaper territory far beyond any known system. The player would explore forgotten planets, derelict ships captured by reapers and even a full blown reaper planetoid. There was a bigger focus on low-tech sci-fi and cosmic horror. I kinda want this game now.

Bisnic

I was joking with that Mordin line. I think I only shot him once to see what would happen.

Never again. Same with letting Samara kill herself or killing Samara's daughter. As if seeing her sister die and her mother commit suicide wasn't enough, Shepard murder her?? No, just no. It's just something I don't see Shepard do, even Renegade.

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
I just had a dream that Obsidian was making a Mass Effect spinoff game between the main BioWare titles.

It was called Mass Effect: Dark Space and featured a crew of smugglers who had to escape through a malfunctioning relay and ended up in reaper territory far beyond any known system. The player would explore forgotten planets, derelict ships captured by reapers and even a full blown reaper planetoid. There was a bigger focus on low-tech sci-fi and cosmic horror. I kinda want this game now.

That all sounds, extremely good... would give solid $ for that game.

Lakitu

st5fu

I wish your dreams were reality.

TM94

gfa3ovW.gif

This sounds incredible.

Truant

Oh yeah, and a major plot point was that the Reapers were actually doing everything because there was an even bigger threat out there somewhere in the universe.

EpicBox

Seriously though, how would they set a new Mass Effect after the events of the Shepard trilogy, without picking one ending as canon? There were 4 completely different situations the universe could be in.

I would pre-order that.

I'm still holding out hope that Mass Effect Next will not be about another military person. I'd rather be the Han/Hanna Solo of the Mass Effect universe than another Space Marine.

Seriously though, how would they set a new Mass Effect after the events of the Shepard trilogy, without picking one ending as canon? There were 4 completely different situations the universe could be in.

Have the game start before the end of ME3, and have the main body of it set far enough away that there isn't any way to tell what happened.

Sou Da

I would pre-order that.

I'm still holding out hope that Mass Effect Next will not be about another military person. I'd rather be the Han/Hanna Solo of the Mass Effect universe than another Space Marine.

From the sound of it you're going to be more of a Meriwether Lewis type.

Oh yeah, and a major plot point was that the Reapers were actually doing everything because there was an even bigger threat out there somewhere in the universe.
that sounds like a bigger house version of the "yo dawg I heard you don't wanna be killed by synthetics" stuff.

any dream about ME is dope though.

You can.

We'll meet up somewhere. You wear a trench coat and hide a PC monitor inside it.

But in all seriousness, I love the enthusiasm by many of the staff members and I like getting teased, in a way it lends even more to my hype. But then there's also part of me that just wants to see it already. I guess I need to be patient.
These tweets have given us great talking points for discussion: 1) there are "dunes" on planets 2) the Mako can get massive air off those dunes 3) the character models details are "insane" 4)ME4 is hitting its milestones (on a schedule we don't know)

What we can infer from this also: The Bioware team is very confident and having so much fun they can't help themselves letting us know. They are seemingly on schedule. I approve of the tweets, keep them coming!

Truant

I really hope we get a pre-defined character that's open for customization like Shepard. I've come to the conclusion that all my favorite RPG's actually have you playing as some sort of named character (or at least is somewhat pre-defined by the writers). I actually find Hawke more memorable than my DA:I dude.

I concur! A spinoff is a solid idea, especially from a business risk standpoint.

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
On the subject of protagonist comparisons: last time we were Sisko; next time we're either Kirk or JanewayKirk, depending on whether or not we get lost during the story.

On the continuing subject of developer tweets: let's all take solace in the fact that the wait for a proper reveal is probably almost over. Granted, that's "probably", not "definitely" (unless I missed an update and it's been confirmed for E3, anyway) but I think it's a pretty large probably. After E3 there'll be a month of real, dissection-worthy information circling the net, and we're all going to be getting details from plenty of sources for a while. At that point twitter blurts like Jos loves to drop will be just another dollop in the whipped cream that will be... our enthusiasm.

...I should go.

Bisnic

Unless I need new glasses, I don't see any DLC at all, just the three main separate games and the trilogy...

They've got...an unique way to purchase them(Bioware points). I remember having to use the "Downloadable content" option from the main menu of ME3 to access them.

Not related but I would love to visit The Citadel in ME4 somehow. Maybe even in a dream sequence :p Seeing it in Frostbite 3 in HD... mmmhhhh... man can dream, no?

Lakitu

st5fu
Not related but I would love to visit The Citadel in ME4 somehow. Maybe even in a dream sequence :p Seeing it in Frostbite 3 in HD... mmmhhhh... man can dream, no?

I wonder if they could tie it into the story somehow but that would probably be opening a can of worms.. although we did see Tuchanka in the E3 trailer.

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
I wonder if they could tie it into the story somehow but that would probably be opening a can of worms.. although we did see Tuchanka in the E3 trailer.

You mean last year's teaser schtick? I don't believe that was ever confirmed to be Tuchanka, was it?

The Citadel has to be in Mass Effect 4. It's centre of intergalactic politics and was one the very first places you visit in ME1. I literally cannot even comprehend a ME game without the citadel.

I honestly think it won't be in ME4.

I think it will be in Mass Effect 4. There is just this identity that the Citadel has associated with Mass Effect as whole. Without it it just seems it would be missing something. Every time I think of ME the Citadel comes into mind.

Kabouter

Yep, it wasn't confirmed but to me it looks exactly like Tuchanka. Unless it's just some strange coincidence.

Around showing that footage they talk about nothing but visiting new places, exploring a new region of space. You were on Tuchanka in both ME2 and ME3, it's highly unlikely that Tuchanka will be in ME4.

Ovek

7Member7
Unless it's in a different galaxy.

Which we all know they will be, it's the best way of not dealing with the end result of ME3.

My guess the story will start with some sort of path finder mission through a "strange" mass effect gate which as it turns out jumps you to another galaxy, queue the Reapers and a attempt to save some of the galaxy by sending refugees through. Due the actions of Shepard or the Reapers destroying it you and your ragtag fleet of refugees are stuck in a unknown galaxy.

We need to explore to find resources and allies! etc..

It opens up many opportunity's story wise and allows the game/story to actively ignore what Shepherd does to the Milky Way galaxy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom