• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Mass Effect Community Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I asked this in the trailer thread, but dropping it here too.

Are we going to be fighting against the Prothean Empire? Looks like their tech popping out of the ground. Could they have sent an Ark to Andromeda during the last cycle?

They are probably the 'Khet' which is the name of a race gleaned from earlier leaks with whom you compete for resources from an ancient race known as the Remnant.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Posted this in the announcement thread, but figured here would do as well:

Today we debuted the first cinematic trailer for our next game, Mass Effect™: Andromeda. While we are still many months away from the game’s release date in holiday 2016, we’re excited to show you a bit of where we’re at. First, though, some background on the game itself.

When we wrapped up the original Mass Effect trilogy with Mass Effect 3: Citadel in early 2013, planning and design on Mass Effect: Andromeda was already well underway. We knew we wanted to start with a foundation composed of the best parts of any Mass Effect game: exciting new worlds to discover, great characters, and intense action. At the same time, we clearly wanted to expand the definition of what you should expect from a Mass Effect game.

While we aren’t ready to go into too many details just yet, as you saw in the trailer and can tell by the name, this game is very much a new adventure, taking place far away from and long after the events of the original trilogy. You will play a human, male or female, though that’s actually not the character you saw in the trailer (more on that later). You’ll be exploring an all-new galaxy, Andromeda, and piloting the new and improved Mako you saw. And through it all, you will have a new team of adventurers to work with, learn from, fight alongside of, and fall in love with.

We built this trailer in Frostbite™, our game engine, and it represents our visual target for the final game. We are thrilled by what we’ve already been able to achieve in bringing Mass Effect to Frostbite and by putting our entire focus on PC and current gen consoles. With the time remaining in development, we’re excited about the possibility to push things even more.

Thank you again for all of the support you keep showing us, and we’re looking forward to sharing more details with you near the end of the year. Until then, the teams in our Montreal, Edmonton, and Austin studios will be hard at work creating an entirely new adventure for you to lose yourselves in.

Thanks,

Aaryn Flynn, Studio General Manager, BioWare Canada

Yanick Roy, Studio Director, BioWare Montreal

You will play a human, male or female, though that’s actually not the character you saw in the trailer (more on that later)

Okay, BioWare... you got me... that's a curve ball.

Oh well, another 5 months of waiting for something substantial to be revealed.

Ronnie

Banned
Really really gutted no trilogy remastered :( I still haven't played the first two and am waiting for new-gen version to get started.

Any chance it'll be at the Playstation conference?

Patryn

Really really gutted no trilogy remastered :( I still haven't played the first two and am waiting for new-gen version to get started.

Any chance it'll be at the Playstation conference?

Unlikely.

I think most people doubt it exists at this point.

Omega

Banned
Given how little EA had, I really think the dream of a remaster is dead.

yep. shame because I want to play through the trilogy again

but I'm a PC pleb which means it's never discounted so I would need to pay about $100 to enjoy the full ME experience.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
I'm not going to say a remastered trilogy is never coming, but I have officially lost all interest in this series for the time being.

I have no interest in playing it on PC and spending over $40 in additional DLC (I already have some) to get the complete Mass Effect experience.

I would have easily played it again on PS4 or Xbox One, but oh well.

Ronnie

Banned
How does the trilogy run on PC? As good as 360 or better/worse? 1080p?

Tempted to wait though, there's still a year and a half till Andromeda, and that's if it isn't delayed. Maybe they didn't announce a remaster now so as not to take the focus away from ME:A

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
How does the trilogy run on PC? As good as 360 or better/worse? 1080p?

Tempted to wait though, there's still a year and a half till Andromeda, and that's if it isn't delayed. Maybe they didn't announce a remaster now so as not to take the focus away from ME:A

Who know. It's quite possible EA is holding off on working on a remaster until Andromeda is closer to release.

Yes, it runs fine on PC depending on your system specs.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
I meant the DLC, I already own the base games.

I've played the series so much that playing through it again without DLC wouldn't even feel right
Nope. DLC has gone on sale maybe once in its entire existence.

It's up to you, but I would continue to hold out.

I wouldn't say that. There's nothing stopping them from showing a trailer for the new game at E3 and announcing a remastered trilogy later. That'd be a better announcement on N7 day anyway as that's what it's about: legacy. I think that's perfectly plausible.
how was the mcc announced? within the same interval as halo 5 2014 stuff?

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
If a remaster is still in the cards, its not likely to happen until next year at a time closer to release of Andromeda. It just really doesn't make sense to release it so far ahead. Plus, the chances of it slipping into 2017 are pretty damn high.

Dont give up hope, but by all means do a replay if you so desire.

Right now I only own the PC versions, but do not own the DLC and will NOT be paying full price for them. I absolutely will hold firm.

EAs press conference as far as Im concerned was an absolute epic fail. Easily the worst of all of them.

I blame this man.
knight-en.jpg

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
I missed the Andromeda clip, but it looks okay.

I kinda wanted the game to go in a different direction, but I'll wait and see.

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
I'm happy as heck we've finally got an actual name for the damn game. Andromeda was my personal top pick ever since the leaks too.

Rei_Toei

Fclvat sbe Pnanqn, ru?
New Mako looked like a beast. Would be rather glorious if you could, you know, actually race with that puppy a bit like in the trailer. The Need for Mass Effect Speed & Romance.

At this point I wouldn't hold your breath for a remaster. Maybe they'll announce it on N7 day, but you're better of placing your bets elsewhere.

Ronnie

Banned
At this point I wouldn't hold your breath for a remaster. Maybe they'll announce it on N7 day, but you're better of placing your bets elsewhere.

I do kind of agree with the point above that releasing it this far in advance doesn't really add up. If Andromeda is a late 2016 game (which could easily be delayed to 2017) a remaster would make a lot more sense a bit closer to the game's release.

The general reaction to ME:A seems to be half "it looks amazing" and half "What! No trilogy remaster!?", the demand for one is HUGE. I've only played 3 (I know, I know), so I'm going to hold out hope for one so I can finally play the full trilogy on ps4/xbo.

Lucreto

Was really hoping for a remaster but there is still time to announce one since the new Mass Effect won't be out until next Christmas. They can release it next January.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom