• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Mass Effect Community Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Yep.

Basically I'm projecting that this year they'll announce a Q4 2016 date, and then early next year they'll announce a delay and it'll get pushed back to Q1 2017.

It's the Mass Effect way.

If the Shepard Control Blue Ending God wills it, it will be announced for Q2 2016 and they'll stick to that. One year from now would be ok for most people. Q1 would be nice, but I doubt it.

Patryn

If the Shepard Control Blue Ending God wills it, it will be announced for Q2 2016 and they'll stick to that. One year from now would be ok for most people. Q1 would be nice, but I doubt it.

How many major games get released in Q2? I always feel like it's Q4 or Q1.

Been replaying ME1 and now ME2 (imported character) on PC after picking up the duo from Steam for $5 combined. They remain high up among my all-time favorite games. Indeed, I've lost track of how many times I've played through now. Fun to revisit in higher res and taking screenshots along the way.

Won't bother with the DLC as I have those on the Xbox 360 version I can dial up any time, as is the case with ME3 and its DLC.

Bisnic

Wasn't that delayed so it wouldn't have to directly compete with Dragon Age?

I'm not sure that was really the reason for that... anyway, Bioware should be thankful I guess, since Witcher 3 is apparently the better game(haven't played DA:I)

Hey Mass Effect GAF.

I started the series last year with ME1 on Steam.

I'm about to start on ME2 ;)!

Good luck. If you don't care about throwing money out the window you can buy the extremely expensive DLC, that never goes on sale, on BioWares website.

It's quite good but only do it if you're fuckin desperate for more content.

I meant specifically in the last few days. And yeah, not just the usual "wow Mako flying over a rocky moon cliff in glorious graphics is awesome guys!" tweets. :p
Those are my favorite tweets of all! I don't want spoilers, updates, etc., just teasing tweets. Where are those at? Ever since the survey leak they have gone radio silent it seems.

Ralemont

not me
Hey Mass Effect GAF.

I started the series last year with ME1 on Steam.

I'm about to start on ME2 ;)!

Jealous.

Mass Effect 2 was just a game I picked up on PS3 after finishing Dragon Age 2. "Oh this is Bio's other series, heard it's good." Little did I know...

diaspora

Well, if the rumour is true of it starting mid-ME3 when they're leaving the galaxy with the bulk of the game actually taking place once they had arrived in Andromeda decades/centuries later it wouldn't be a sequel or a prequel. Just an in-universe game with little to no references to the preceding trilogy.

Well, if the rumour is true of it starting mid-ME3 when they're leaving the galaxy with the bulk of the game actually taking place once they had arrived in Andromeda decades/centuries later it wouldn't be a sequel or a prequel. Just an in-universe game with little to no references to the preceding trilogy.

Yeah. Not a story-sequel but a timeline-sequel.

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
Chris said it pretty much exactly as I would based on the rumor mill, yeah. It's like calling TNG a sequel to TOS. It... is, sure, but it's far enough removed so as to be viewed in sort of a different light.

And in that case it's the same general playground, even. ME4 looks to be shifting sands to another place altogether.

BasilZero

Good luck. If you don't care about throwing money out the window you can buy the extremely expensive DLC, that never goes on sale, on BioWares website.

It's quite good but only do it if you're fuckin desperate for more content.

I got most of its DLC and ya it is expensive lol.

Question though - I didnt get Overlord DLC though - if I get it later and am halfway through the game (as an example) - will I still be able to play the DLC or would the DLC only work in a new playthrough?

Patryn

I got most of its DLC and ya it is expensive lol.

Question though - I didnt get Overlord DLC though - if I get it later and am halfway through the game (as an example) - will I still be able to play the DLC or would the DLC only work in a new playthrough?
You can play it at any time, including after you "beat" the game.

Daria

Somehow my last save didn't actually save and I had to recreate my solider. I did that and started roaming the grounds and then something happened.
one of my original 3 gets knocked unconscious. I dont know if I could have saved him or this is just the game happening (I forgot what happened last time).
hopefully I didn't break it already

Patryn

Somehow my last save didn't actually save and I had to recreate my solider. I did that and started roaming the grounds and then something happened.
one of my original 3 gets knocked unconscious. I dont know if I could have saved him or this is just the game happening (I forgot what happened last time).
hopefully I didn't break it already

Which of the games are you talking about? Mass Effect 3?

Are you on Mars? If so, that's scripted.

Daria

oops I should've specified I'm talking about Mass Effect 1. I just finished talking to Nihlus about the assignment on Eden Prime to retrieve a package. Less than 5 minutes on the ground one of my squad members is gone (down to 2 total). I then talked to a girl who I think is now accompanying us during the rest of the mission

Bisnic

oops I should've specified I'm talking about Mass Effect 1. I just finished talking to Nihlus about the assignment on Eden Prime to retrieve a package. Less than 5 minutes on the ground one of my squad members is gone (down to 2 total). I then talked to a girl who I think is now accompanying us during the rest of the mission

That's normal. The guy never last more than 2 mins on this mission.

Daria

That's normal. The guy never last more than 2 mins on this mission.

whew, ok. I thought I royally screwed it up thinking these characters are in permadeath now or something. will I go through a lot of squad changes during the game or do you stick with the faithful ones through it all?

Bisnic

whew, ok. I thought I royally screwed it up thinking these characters are in permadeath now or something. will I go through a lot of squad changes during the game or do you stick with the faithful ones through it all?

You will have more than 2 squad choices as you progress into the story. Just choose whichever you like or have powers you need in combat. Some might permanently die later in the game depending on your decisions. Won't spoil which squadmates (unless you want to :p).

Daria

I liked Nihlus and Saren just killed him. dafuq

e: I'm inside the Citadel now, totally going to get Saren for his treason.

also turning off the film effect during cutscenes makes this so much better. I can't believe how well these graphics are and how well this game has aged

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
also turning off the film effect during cutscenes makes this so much better. I can't believe how well these graphics are and how well this game has aged

It's interesting you say that because a lot of people think ME1 has not aged well visually. You're in for a real treat with the sequels.

In any case, wait 'til you see ME1's sidequest planets. Beautiful.

Daria

It's interesting you say that because a lot of people think ME1 has not aged well visually. You're in for a real treat with the sequels.

In any case, wait 'til you see ME1's sidequest planets. Beautiful.

it could be part of the fact that it's my first full play through the game (read as more than 30 minutes) but I thought walking around the Citadel was very good for an eight(?) y/o game compared to some, not all 360 games. just the way the game plays, the elevator loads, character features. the shooting mechanics aren't the best but they work and setting aim assist to low I think helped make this game a little more challenging and fun IMO.

I just got chosen to be a Spectre and landed in Noveria. This is the main quest planet, correct? there are two more places I have to travel to for investigating about the Geth so Im pretty excited to start seeing more of the Galaxy.

close to 2 hours into ME1 and I'm already drawn into this world so much. I have $5 in GS credit and I'm planning on picking up ME2 this week in anticipation of finishing this one. I then will continue to playthrough it multiple times after to get all achievements and see what kind of dialogue choices I can change.

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
Noveria is a main quest world, yup. You can go about things in all sorts of orders, but take a little time to explore some of the non-story planets when you get the chance, too. ME1 doesn't handle them as well as it could but some of them are breathtaking on a visual basis and you'll really feel like you've been dropped into a 1979s speculative space opera extravaganza. :D

Oh, and if you don't mind a tiny suggestion, do Therum/Artemis Tau sooner rather than later as far as story content is concerned. IMO, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom