• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Mass Effect Community Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Hood

Banned
I'm about to replay the first two amazing games - and one not so amazing - on PC for the first time, after having gone through all three multiple times on PS3. Are they any worthwhile easy-to-install (visual) mods?

I'm about to replay the first two amazing games - and one not so amazing - on PC for the first time, after having gone through all three multiple times on PS3. Are they any worthwhile easy-to-install (visual) mods?
just curiously what made you want to do a replay through it now? and on PC?

I too played them on Ps3

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Origin is having a sale on the trilogy and PC is the definitive version so...

Checks to see if DLC is one sale....

The response EA gives.
11514-animated_gifchat8etf.gif

diaspora

Part of what makes the lack of a DLC sale for ME so damn ridiculous is that they're doing it for Dragon Age- slashing prices left and right.

X-Frame

Part of what makes the lack of a DLC sale for ME so damn ridiculous is that they're doing it for Dragon Age- slashing prices left and right.

I want to replay everything on the PS3 but I don't want to have to pay another $50-60 for all the ME3 DLC because it didn't come with the Trilogy Edition. I have it all on the 360 but I don't want to play that again.

After all this time it's such bullshit. Either drop the prices EA of everything or come out with a Remaster that includes everything.

diaspora

I want to replay everything on the PS3 but I don't want to have to pay another $50-60 for all the ME3 DLC because it didn't come with the Trilogy Edition. I have it all on the 360 but I don't want to play that again.

After all this time it's such bullshit. Either drop the prices EA of everything or come out with a Remaster that includes everything.

I think the only reason why it's not on sale is due to the use of Bioware points. Inquisition shows us they're more than willing to be flexible in putting DLC on sale.

image.php

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Yep. That's always the way, I believe.

If I recall correctly, the PS3 versions of ME1 and ME2 are the only ones that come bundled with DLC.
Yes, the PS3 versions of the trilogy is a considerably better value than the 360 one. PS3 includes all ME2 DLC (minus the Arrival), while ME2 on 360 is barebones.

Yep. That's always the way, I believe.

If I recall correctly, the PS3 versions of ME1 and ME2 are the only ones that come bundled with DLC.
yeah, when I first got Me2, it came with all the dlc for that game up until that point iirc, but they're still shipping it that way? that's pretty nice, I guess.

I wonder if it ever even got to a million sold.

Mindlog

Is it too late to retcon the Asari out of existence while we're at it
The Crucible also had the effect of temporarily revealing the Asari for what they always were. Some Asari head tentacles are actually penises. During procreation it is now possible for the Asari to either carry the child or squirt their seed all over their partner's stomach. The seed immediately melds with the host's exterior slowly growing into a womb and eventually 14 months later a beautiful Asari baby is born. Whether an Asari becomes pregnant or their partner bears the seed is completely up to chance. Non-Asari females do not become traditionally pregnant. They are subject to the same external womb that all non-Asari males experience when they become pregnant.

diaspora

The Crucible also had the effect of temporarily revealing the Asari for what they always were. Some Asari head tentacles are actually penises. During procreation it is now possible for the Asari to either carry the child or squirt their seed all over their partner's stomach. The seed immediately melds with the host's exterior slowly growing into a womb and eventually 14 months later a beautiful Asari baby is born. Whether an Asari becomes pregnant or their partner bears the seed is completely up to chance. Non-Asari females do not become traditionally pregnant. They are subject to the same external womb that all non-Asari males experience when they become pregnant.
What

Banned
Oh the thread got bumped. Maybe some new news or interesting conversa------

I made some concept art, but uhhhh. Just picture a pixelized asari head...

The end result.
GnmvoFN.jpg
post-35385-cant-deal-with-it-gif-llama-Im-uq0G.gif

is this fanfiction or canon? all asari are girls

diaspora

they're all girls. all of the asari are referred to as "she" and as humanoids they very obviously have the physiology of a woman.

Atheyta is referred in the masculine. Asari generally take on feminine terms being the recipients of alien genes, but not when it comes to asari-asari relationships.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Whats funny about the asari is that it (IIRC) was mentioned in one of the books that many human males preferred sex with the asari. Im inclined to believe it was Grayson who felt that way.

Everything in the series is translated into English by the microbes.

Pronouns prove nothing. Asari are monosex, and therefore do not adhere to human ideas about gender, by default.

It also means that human ideas about male/female don't really apply. Asari call the member of the pair that carries the baby to term the "mother," and the one that doesn't the "father." That's about as close as they get.

Not my problem. They can freely use masculine or feminine pronouns, and do so between asari-only unions.

edit: Liara straight up says they're genderless IIRC.
i never said it was a problem of yours. just that i won't buy any explanation of asari not being female, because of the overwhelming in-game physical and audible evidence pointing to otherwise.

shepard also said reapers are more intelligent than mankind, but harbinger decides to stop shooting its lasers when shepard calls for an evac, and leaves before seeing shepard was still alive.

Pronouns prove nothing. Asari are monosex, and therefore do not adhere to human ideas about gender, by default.

It also means that human ideas about male/female don't really apply. Asari call the member of the pair that carries the baby to term the "mother," and the one that doesn't the "father." That's about as close as they get.
the wiki wasn't translated into english by microbes. it's written by the community who've played the games and interpreted the universe for what it is. as far as i'm concerned, the pronouns not only reinforce the fact that all asari are female but confirm that that's how many have interpreted it that way. they're all voiced by females in-game and they all have female physiology.

diaspora

This. Fundamental logic would dictate that there is no male or female in a monosex race. Usage of mother and father are used to distinguish who gives birth.

I think BioWare originally stated the asari were an 'all-female' race in the ME1 codex, before realizing having an entire species be female made no goddamn sense and retconned them to be genderless.

In any case, there's still some mystery surrounding them and their appearance. They appear attractive to most species in the galaxy. It's implied in ME2 somewhere that they're basically fucking with our minds to appear attractive to everyone, from turians to salarians.

This. Fundamental logic would dictate that there is no male or female in a monosex race. Usage of mother and father are used to distinguish who gives birth.
We're talking about a fictional species of humanoids. There's no mono-sexual species like the asari in reality to make a conclusive basis that the Asari are genderless when there exists, fundamental logic dictating that they are all females.

It's also not a coincidence that they're all referred to as "she" and are all voiced by actresses, too.
I think BioWare originally stated the asari were an 'all-female' race in the ME1 codex, before realizing having an entire species be female made no goddamn sense and retconned them to be genderless.

In any case, there's still some mystery surrounding them and their appearance. They appear attractive to most species in the galaxy. It's implied in ME2 somewhere that they're basically fucking with our minds to appear attractive to everyone, from turians to salarians.
there are several things about ME that don't make all that much sense, but they did this without changing the asaris' physiology or general appearance of representation in any way.

I think what you're referring to is the bar on illium where a human, turian, and salarian are having drinks with an Askari stripper on the table.

Garlador

This. This is ridiculous.

I recently purchased the trilogy for a friend. She was so excited... until I told her there was still about $100+ worth of important, nigh-essential DLC content not included.

I felt like such an ass. Sure, I got her the core games, but it's like gifting someone a car and it's missing a couple of tires, proper air conditioning, or a radio.

What's the hold-up? Even Dragon Age: Inquisition got a re-release with all DLC included.

Why is EA so frustratingly adamant not to re-release Mass Effect's trilogy in one complete package?

This. This is ridiculous.

I recently purchased the trilogy for a friend. She was so excited... until I told her there was still about $100+ worth of important, nigh-essential DLC content not included.

I felt like such an ass. Sure, I got her the core games, but it's like gifting someone a car and it's missing a couple of tires, proper air conditioning, or a radio.

What's the hold-up? Even Dragon Age: Inquisition got a re-release with all DLC included.

Why is EA so frustratingly adamant not to re-release Mass Effect's trilogy in one complete package?
the other thing about that is, like, what does that say about the state of video games when you don't get the arguably, fulfilling experience without paying for more content on top of the $60 you already did?

Mindlog

is this fanfiction or canon? all asari are girls
That's what they want you to think with their mind hypnosis.
Space stripper race is getting a makeover.
This reminds me of the time someone here made a post with Hanar smut.
Snuggler's post will always have a place in my heart.
Can we repost Snuggler art for old time's sake?

Need an admin ruling.

Free Avatar.
eukdQx6.jpg

Yeah, it sucks. Short of a remaster a 'game of the year package' would be nice.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.

EA is not exactly well liked. There is a reason they won "worst company" Several years in a row. They don't exactly make consumer friendly decisions.

At the end of the day who knows what their real reason was.

Granted, I am not ready to say that the book is closed on a remaster, but if they do it, it will probably be a while.

Either way, EAs handling of Mass Effect DLC is about as frustrating as it gets, since they NEVER go on sale for PC.

For me though, I am at that point in this gen where I have little interest in revisiting Mass Effect. I did buy the Uncharted trilogy and as much as I liked those games when they came out I was a little disappointed at how little nostalgia there actually was for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom