• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Mass Effect Community Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if finding the "golden world" will be a "end of act 1" type of thing, or more of "we found it, now on to the sequel" kind of thing.

We knew about there being multiple arks before, yeah?

The interesting bit there is the mention of Golden World. Could refer to a planet capable of supporting human life, could be something else.

Oh God Bioware pls have a good character creator for once :(

DA:I 's was good, other than the hair problem.

diaspora

We knew about there being multiple arks before, yeah?

The interesting bit there is the mention of Golden World. Could refer to a planet capable of supporting human life, could be something else.

DA:I 's was good, other than the hair problem.
I think golden world is just synonymous with "garden world".

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
Seems you need to be fit to 'fit in' in the AI: let's get training fam.
CwWXjXkXAAAepVj.jpg:large

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I wonder if that's supposed to be one of Andromeda's cities we'll visit? Seems pretty "standardish" for a sci-fi town.

Loving these little teaser images. Hard to tell if we're looking at Milky Way planet or an Andromeda planet. For some reason I'm gonna guess the former, but there's nothing really to suggest that.

Pretty sure that's either Earth or a human colony like Terra Nova. The shapes of the buildings are comparable to Vancouver in me3. You also aren't going to get people training for the initiative once they actually get to Andromeda so it probably isn't there.

Dany

Banned
So is there a media event planned on the 7th? Is bioware going to live stream a "direct" of some sorts? Or trailer dump??

Ridesh

Banned
My guess is a trailer dump along with Game Informer doing their whole thing.

https://twitter.com/masseffect/status/794227781311660032

KEo ‏@BegovicEo

@masseffect i dont understand it, its not gonna get released at november 7th right ? why is everyone so excited ?

Mass Effect
‏@masseffect

@BegovicEo N7 Day is our time to celebrate everything Mass Effect. And this year, we're going to unveil a new trailer for Andromeda.

Ideally I'd like to see a very lengthy trailer (5-7 minutes) that sets up the underlying story, the main character, and who most of your party characters will be but the pessimist deep down in me feels like we'll get some kind of wankery 2 minute tease that continues a drought of unanswered questions.

DevilDog

Ideally I'd like to see a very lengthy trailer (5-7 minutes) that sets up the underlying story, the main character, and who most of your party characters will be but the pessimist deep down in me feels like we'll get some kind of wankery 2 minute tease that continues a drought of unanswered questions.
You know what is interesting about this? I doubt there is anything we won't expect now, from KOTOR to Mass Effect 1 you didn't expect the whole galaxy to get annihilated. But now from 3 to Andromeda... what else can they do. Threaten to kill everyone in the universe and their cats? Thank you yahtzee.

#Cantrelate

We will build a space wall.

I'm gonna lose it if it's another developer behind the scenes documentary thing, lol

There has to be a star map right? TO navigate the galaxy.

Gots to.

We don't know much, but without Mass Relays to facilitate long-range travel throughout Andromeda I believe most exploration will be limited to FTL capabilities. So the focus will be less on a galaxy map and more on a local cluster of systems within Andromeda that we can travel to in a reasonable timeframe kind of map.

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
My prediction for N7 day trailer - 2.45 long, with a focus on 'being in the Andromeda Initiative'. Setting the tone for the trip: I wouldn't even be surprised if we don't see any Andromeda aliens.

Pls BioWare, prove me wrong and show space fighting and loving.

My prediction for N7 day trailer - 2.45 long, with a focus on 'being in the Andromeda Initiative'. Setting the tone for the trip: I wouldn't even be surprised if we don't see any Andromeda aliens.

Pls BioWare, prove me wrong and show space fighting and loving.

I think their marketing strategy was to wait until all their big games of the year hit in October/November THEN start the hype train for the new Mass Effect. Since they've been so sparse in showing things and it's on track for a Q1 release, they're going to give us a meaningful amount of info on the 7th.

If they don't show a gameplay demo and cinematic trailer, it's going to get delayed. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if the footage ended with a 'November 2017'.

BioWare has said in this very thread that they want their promotions to be more meaningful but there's only so much you can put in a single trailer.

I'm expecting the N7 day focus to be cinematic only, to introduce the narrative drive and the new hero (we're used to Ryder by now but the larger public still needs to be sold on a Shepard replacement.)

Gameplay reveals are probably coming further down the pipe.

You know what is interesting about this? I doubt there is anything we won't expect now, from KOTOR to Mass Effect 1 you didn't expect the whole galaxy to get annihilated. But now from 3 to Andromeda... what else can they do. Threaten to kill everyone in the universe and their cats? Thank you yahtzee.

We will build a space wall.

More games should move away from the ''an ancient evil threatens all of existence''. Its just so boring. Dragon Age 2 at least tried something different, which was good even though the execution was lacking.

Im still waiting on my Garrus, P.I. game set on Omega.

DevilDog

More games should move away from the ''an ancient evil threatens all of existence''. Its just so boring. Dragon Age 2 at least tried something different, which was good even though the execution was lacking.

I don't think that that is accurate, at this day and age we''ve seen all the stories we are going to see.
What matters is the execution and Mass Effect's was stellar.

And what is Garrus going to do on Omega that will be so different and not boring? Kill thugs? Get betrayed by teammates (oh no) and maybe lose a loved one or two?

Garlador

I don't think that that is accurate, at this day and age we''ve seen all the stories we are going to see.

And what is Garrus going to do on Omega that will be so different and not boring? Kill thugs? Get betrayed by teammates (oh no) and maybe lose a loved one or two?
What's Batman going to do in Arkham series? Beat up thugs? Fight the Joker? Maybe lose a loved one or two?

Execution can make anything work.

Yes, of course its all about execution, but still, universe-ending threats are boring by now. Been there, done that and all. You can have good stories without needing everything to end.

Garlador

Yes, of course its all about execution, but still, universe-ending threats are boring by now. Been there, done that and all. You can have good stories without needing everything to end.

I think we can have a middle-ground between Mass Effect's "everything is about to be destroyed" and Dragon Age 2's notorious "I'm a glorified street janitor" in terms of scale and conflict.

While I'm expecting another galactic threat to existence (again), I'll be happy to be surprised if a storyline that focuses on finding a new "golden world", perhaps a race with another species to get there, or local conflicts that cause division on how differing groups believe human should be re-established, giving your player the power to help shape new governance and political influence.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I just saw that the Mass Effect twitter banner has a reversed Earth. Good old inside joke for the fans? :p

DfLkwgh.png

Daemul

I loaded up my main ME1 save in preparation of a possible ME2 and ME3 BC announcement sometime soon (I want to believe damnit!), just to make sure everything was fine and dandy, but as I was walking through the ship I realised that Wrex that missing, only to remember that I had killed him on Virmire on my last playthrough, and that I had planned to have one final playthrough where he survived but I never got around to doing it, so now I need to do a quick completionist speedrun. RIP me.

Ah well, it won't take long to do, 12-14 hours depending on if I bother with the collection quests, but I'll probably only just do the Asari Matriach Writings collection quest like usual since it's the only one that carries over to ME3, meaning my speedrun will be closer to 12 hours side of the scale.

I'll get it done over the weekend.

Lanf

This. I loved the concept of DA2 and gaming in general could use some less apocalyptic plots. Also a reason why I like the main story of the Witcher 2 so much.

I'd be down for a scifi noir space opera in the ME universe.

I loaded up my main ME1 save in preparation of a possible ME2 and ME3 BC announcement sometime soon (I want to believe damnit!), just to make sure everything was fine and dandy, but as I was walking through the ship I realised that Wrex that missing, only to remember that I had killed him on Virmire on my last playthrough, and that I had planned to have one final playthrough where he survived but I never got around to doing it, so now I need to do a quick completionist speedrun. RIP me.

Ah well, it won't take long to do, 12-14 hours depending on if I bother with the collection quests, but I'll probably only just do the Asari Matriach Writings collection quest like usual since it's the only one that carries over to ME3, meaning my speedrun will be closer to 12 hours side of the scale.

I'll get it done over the weekend.

If you're on PC you could modify your save with the editor!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom