• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Mass Effect Community Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would appear Shinobi has been blessed with a pre-release copy of Andromeda based on his recent twitter post.

aa5b2dd68790d97a377f633b0e0d985f.jpg

3 days...

Dany

Banned
They could easily just slip a line in this game that an ark or two's location is still unverified and boom, they can show up in the next game to complete the races

True. I also hope the following games allows us to traverse the entire andromeda galaxy.

These new races look cool but it makes me miss the Drell, hanar and stuff.

Vengal

So what are the odds that we'll get a surprise Baterian Ship that left right before ME3 as the reapers were conquering them. Then we can finally get bitter Baterian squadmate that whines about never being able to escape humans.

Vamphuntr

Multiplayer streams are tomorrow and Wednesday.

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2017/03/13/ign-live-presents-mass-effect-andromeda-multiplayer
https://twitter.com/masseffect/status/841393481985773568

Get hyped for the return of the best horde mode in years!

The Biotic charge looks so good. Can't wait until they reveal more about the progression system. I've read the nice and detailed posts about levels but I'm talking about weapon, new char and loot crates. Do we get the Deluxe and preorder MP stuff on the 16th too or only at launch?

Killzig

So what are the odds that we'll get a surprise Baterian Ship that left right before ME3 as the reapers were conquering them. Then we can finally get bitter Baterian squadmate that whines about never being able to escape humans.

No Batarian squadmate, but hey you get another Asari!
Bray was my favorite part of the Omega DLC.

I assume when they describe Jaal as a resistance fighter it means he's fighting with the Angara against the Kett and not some internal civil war on their world?

Luxorek

I assume when they describe Jaal as a resistance fighter it means he's fighting with the Angara against the Kett and not some internal civil war on their world?

They mention that the Angara and the Kett have been at war for 80 years by the time of human arrival, so... yeah, I guess?

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Hmm...any news on if/when the Sara version of the launch trailer is releasing?

I suppose they could hold it until maybe Thursday to celebrate Early Access, but that feels a bit later than that twitter post kind of intuited.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
shinobi sent me a private dm on this forum to tell me in secret (now exposed) that it is a very very bad game bad graphx bad animations (worst ever maybe) and dumb inquisition gameplay (aka worst game ever made possibly this is even worse?????) and it looks like a ps2 launch game and plays bad with dumbed down rpg and bad characters also everything is reapers and cerberus and the multiplayer is disgusting pay per map just to play

im sorry for breaching your trust shinobi but the people must know

Killzig

shinobi sent me a private dm on this forum to tell me in secret (now exposed) that it is a very very bad game bad graphx bad animations (worst ever maybe) and dumb inquisition gameplay (aka worst game ever made possibly this is even worse?????) and it looks like a ps2 launch game and plays bad with dumbed down rpg and bad characters also everything is reapers and cerberus and the multiplayer is disgusting pay per map just to play

Major red flag.

Profanity

Yup, knew it.

Mindlog

RIP

Pre-order cancelled.

Some more feedback:

-Feels good to have squadmates early, they're all going to be around for all the adventure, so you get as much time with them as possible
-Drack is your typical Krogan badass, but a bit more senior. Peebee may divide people, somewhat like Sera
-Side quests had dialogue and always for a narrative reason, which is great
-Story is "strong"; want to explore more

I'm really interested in seeing how Drack's character shapes up compared to Wrex and Grunt. Wrex was a very bitter and jaded Krogan that wanted a better fate for his people, who then turned into something of a savior for his people. Grunt was a bloodthirsty teenager going through Krogan-puberty, so there was a nice contrast between Wrex and Grunt.

Upon first glance based on previews, Drack seems like the Krogan version of Canderous from KOTOR; an old, proud warrior who has a lot of stories to tell. I hope for more than that, but we'll see soon enough.

I have been really really wary of this, despite having my preorder since it was announced. Game previews/trailers exasperated how janky the animations and character design seemed.

Good. Bioware shouldn't be afraid to make divisive characters. Not every character needs to be likable to every person.

I agree. Sera was awful though, came off too sociopathic and manic in writing.

Maledict

I really liked Sera, I thought she was fresh and unique.

Re Krogan, I really hope that there's no time spent on the genophage. We've been through that repeatedly in the original trilogy, to have it pop up again would be frustrating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom