• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Mass Effect Community Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG's maybe not, but ME2/3 are already stretching the limit of what that term can mean anyway.

But I may have oversimplified things a bit. I love me some good space opera, but I feel Mass Effect is better when the fate of the galaxy is not immediately at stake.

I'm not going to lie, that's a huge part of what made the ME series so appealing to me in the first place. That grand struggle for a cause infinitely bigger than the player character. Few other games contain that sense of epic battle and victory.

Mass Effect is a space opera by its very nature, as anything else it'd be lacking I feel.

I'm not going to lie, that's a huge part of what made the ME series so appealing to me in the first place. That grand struggle for a cause infinitely bigger than the player character. Few other games contain that sense of epic battle and victory.

Mass Effect is a space opera by its very nature, as anything else it'd be lacking I feel.

Me too, as I said, I'm a sucker for some good old-fashioned galaxy-savin', but having something threaten the entire Milky Way again so soon after we saved it would also feel uninspired. Remember: we defeated an enemy that has razed the galaxy clean of advanced life for the past few million years, where do you go from there? I'd like it if BioWare kept things a bit more 'grounded' (so to speak) for the next trilogy.

I want an antagonist in the same vein as Saren, not an army of Space Cthulhus. Someone who has motive, not "because lol organics". Or before we know it, we'll end up with another Star Child.

Me too, as I said, I'm a sucker for some good old-fashioned galaxy-savin', but having something threaten the entire Milky Way again so soon after we saved it would also feel uninspired. Remember: we defeated an enemy that has razed the galaxy clean of advanced life for the past few million years, where do you go from there? I'd like it if BioWare kept things a bit more 'grounded' (so to speak) for the next trilogy.

I want an antagonist in the same vein as Saren, not an army of Space Cthulhus. Someone who has motive, not "because lol organics". Or before we know it, we'll end up with another Star Child.

Yeah, a more human enemy with somewhat straightforward logic would be cool.

foogles

One of the things that was best about Saren was that in his twisted logic (twisted by Sovereign, no doubt), he was doing the galaxy a favor. He was trying to save lives and create a path for humanity to move forward. He had no idea what Shepard was capable of, so even without indoctrination, learning what the Reapers had done countless cycles already could reasonably lead someone in his position, with his power - and who might even be thinking clearly, with no indoctrination - to do what he did. Or at least get started down that path. You could see how Saren got to the point he did, and Shepard was able to convince him to come back from the brink in the end. For an instant, at least.

That made him a great villain. He wasn't a mustache-twirling psychopath, or, like the Reapers, an enemy that considered us in the same way we consider the individual ant.

Good WRPG developers can deliver these kinds of villains, and I hope BioWare Montreal can do it, too. (I don't think they really succeeded at that with the ME3 Citadel DLC, even though that DLC was excellent on many other levels.)

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
This is why I think a first contact scenario is the best direction, because it has wide and serious implications on galactic politics and society but is also believably grounded without simply creating a new "big bad" to act as an antagonist.

This is why I think a first contact scenario is the best direction, because it has wide and serious implications on galactic politics and society but is also believably grounded without simply creating a new "big bad" to act as an antagonist.

Personally I don't want Reapers part 2, I want the new game to be more subtitle and less frantic. Give the player a sense of time to explore the worlds without the feeling of racing against it.

Lone Wolf

Personally I don't want Reapers part 2, I want the new game to be more subtitle and less frantic. Give the player a sense of time to explore the worlds without the feeling of racing against it.
I think most of us want Bioware to avoid a Reapers 2 situation, but what are they going to do with the Leviathans? I am a little worried about that.

Exactly. What about a scenario where we're meeting a new species for the first time, your character is a Spectre or C-Sec agent, and someone behind the scenes (our antagonist) is pulling strings to destabilize the Council so we'd get a new First Contact War scenario, perhaps to discredit one of the Council races? There's plenty of room for choices, the stakes aren't too low, but it's still grounded.

I think most of us want Bioware to avoid a Reapers 2 situation, but what are they going to do with the Leviathans? I am a little worried about that.

The Leviathans might have taken on a Shadow Broker-like role: they have eyes and ears everywhere. They're not exactly a secret anymore, though, and they don't particulary care for other species, so what happens with them could be interesting.

gloriousd

Neo Member
Yes, more grounded story would be great. Saren was one of the best things about ME1.

BTW, just a random thought of mine... would it be "funny" (not the right word probaly..) if it indeed is the First Contact War and you're playing as Shepard's mother..? If I remember correctly she was an admiral in the human navy during the reaper invasion. It would serve as a link between the story of the new game and the trilogy. Her position in the navy suggests that she wasn't an ordinary soldier. Perhaps she was on the frontier, discovered new worlds and fought the Turians? Shepard had to inherit the genes of badassery from someone... ;)

Not all Shepards have a mother: Earthborn Shepard was an orphan and Colonist Shepard lost his mom during the raids on Mindoir. Only Spacer Shepard has surviving relatives.

I wish they would do a game ala Skyrim where the mission structure is completely open and there is no constant priority to do the next big mission, just an open, livable and explorable galaxy. I want to just leisurely fly around to different worlds, be able to visit hubs in colonized worlds in a normal state instead of engulfed in war, and explore uncharted worlds to find secrets. I want to take jobs and perform them to my own liking, I don't want to be military being told what to do, I want to be a private contractor, maybe a bounty hunter or agent of some kind that gets to decide what I do and how or when I do it. I want the main quest to be optional, or at least of a more grounded nature so that when I've finished it I can still explore that open galaxy. I guess tl:dr I want more of a space sim then a linear shoot bang game.

If they want to do another big adventure with heavy impact on the universe, I wish they would wait. Plant seeds of it in this open world game I described above and then after they've given us this chance to catch our breath and enjoy the galaxy in a regular state, then let us dive into a big civilization shattering adventure again.

Please! This is exactly what i've been dying for. Tone down the Hollywood blockbuster "threat" and give us something more "cerebral" and exploratory.

Ralemont

not me
WTF 64% did not meet Wrex?

HERESY

Default ME3 without an import is Wrex was killed in ME1, Wreav is in charge. The amount of players who started the series with ME3 would surprise series vets, I think.

Good WRPG developers can deliver these kinds of villains, and I hope BioWare Montreal can do it, too. (I don't think they really succeeded at that with the ME3 Citadel DLC, even though that DLC was excellent on many other levels.)

You mean Omega, right? Citadel was made by Edmonton, not Montreal. I haven't played Omega, but from what I heard your point stands, though.

I'd throw in TIM with Saren in terms of not needing an indoctrination subplot. I'm actually beginning to think the entire idea of indoctrination was bad for the story. It undermines the idealogical conflict between Shepard and Saren/TIM by making it less about differing means to the same end (saving the galaxy) and more about who is under mind control and to what extent. TIM's Control arc in ME3 could have easily been done without indoctrination, had they not been so dead-set on making Cerberus a main antagonist in the game. Instead, you form an uneasy alliance between the Alliance and Cerberus that crumbles at the end when the question comes down to what to do with the Reapers.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I loved Saren as an antagonist, but I feel the indoctrination was important to realise that no matter his perspective, no matter how warped yet empathetic, the Reapers were always something far beyond him. Saren may have started with the seed of saving mankind but the horror of the Reapers is that they are not a force that can be reasoned with. There was never a deal on the table, never a hope of alliance or salvation if at a cost even of Saren initially believed it. Ultimately he was just a tool of the Reapers who exploited his perspective to later indoctrinate.

Patryn

Nothing, hopefully. That's a plot thread that should be left to die, never mentioned ever again.

The Reapers are over. The less said about them, the better.

The Saren bossfight was so terrible, both mechanically and from a story perspective. If you talked him into suicide that should have been IT, end of story. The fact that it's probably the least fun bossfight in the series just rubs salt in the wound.

Simzyy

The boss fights against Saren...Kai Leng...even the end boss of ME2. All terrible.

Kai Leng on Insanity was rage inducing.

EatChildren

The Saren bossfight was so terrible, both mechanically and from a story perspective. If you talked him into suicide that should have been IT, end of story. The fact that it's probably the least fun bossfight in the series just rubs salt in the wound.

I didn't think there was much wrong with it from a story perspective. A little contrived, but eh.

Patryn

Having him emulate the most annoying foes in ME sucked, yeah. But if you knew what you were doing, that fight was stupid easy. You just had to figure out what stun skills still worked, stun him and then he's dead in under 30 seconds.

The boss fights against Saren...Kai Leng...even the end boss of ME2. All terrible.

Kai Leng on Insanity was rage inducing.

It's funny how relative these things can be. I think I had to fight Kai Leng on Insanity just once, beat him on my first try. I was incredibly reckless during that battle, charging head-first into everything, even his Phantoms. Just had one of my squadmates set up an AoE Warp and BAM, hallway full of exploded Cerberus.

Saren's bossfight was really annoying, but yeah, he's pretty easy to take down. I think the Armature on Therum you face on foot is very annoying, especially when you face him on early levels and he one-hit-kills you every single time.

prag16

Banned
I wish they would do a game ala Skyrim where the mission structure is completely open and there is no constant priority to do the next big mission, just an open, livable and explorable galaxy. I want to just leisurely fly around to different worlds, be able to visit hubs in colonized worlds in a normal state instead of engulfed in war, and explore uncharted worlds to find secrets. I want to take jobs and perform them to my own liking, I don't want to be military being told what to do, I want to be a private contractor, maybe a bounty hunter or agent of some kind that gets to decide what I do and how or when I do it. I want the main quest to be optional, or at least of a more grounded nature so that when I've finished it I can still explore that open galaxy. I guess tl:dr I want more of a space sim then a linear shoot bang game.

If they want to do another big adventure with heavy impact on the universe, I wish they would wait. Plant seeds of it in this open world game I described above and then after they've given us this chance to catch our breath and enjoy the galaxy in a regular state, then let us dive into a big civilization shattering adventure again.

Well, in a lot of ways that wouldn't be Mass Effect anymore. The existing games aren't open world games. I for one didn't really like Skyrim at all, and I don't want Skyrim in space here.

The final boss of ME2 was absolutely fine gameplay wise. It wasn't frustrating or too long. It was absolutely laughable aesthetically, though. Like, I legitimately laughed out loud when I saw it show up.

I didn't think there was much wrong with it from a story perspective. A little contrived, but eh.

Saren turning the gun on himself to end the threat he now realized he had become was a satisfying conclusion to his story. His robot skeleton getting up and dancing a jig because you're "supposed" to have a bossfight is a poor story decision. The drama on the ground had been resolved, that was purely a gameplay inclusion.

Patryn

Saren turning the gun on himself to end the threat he now realized he had become was a satisfying conclusion to his story. His robot skeleton getting up and dancing a jig because you're "supposed" to have a bossfight is a poor story decision. The drama on the ground had been resolved, that was purely a gameplay inclusion.

I think at that point it's supposed to be that you are directly fighting Sovereign. They couldn't very well have you fight this giant ship, so that was the closes thing to it.

So, in a way, given that Sovereign is the true villain it thematically fits.

Simzyy

It's funny how relative these things can be. I think I had to fight Kai Leng on Insanity just once, beat him on my first try. I was incredibly reckless during that battle, charging head-first into everything, even his Phantoms. Just had one of my squadmates set up an AoE Warp and BAM, hallway full of exploded Cerberus.

Bah I swear I tried that a few times. I ended up running around in circles sprinting to avoid him...turning invisible a lot of the time and spamming grenades. It's a shitty tactic but it worked...eventually.

The thing that irks me the most about Saren is that nobody comments on his Geth parts. He has tubes running into his brain, hydraulics powering his jaw, glowy mech arms, and everybody's still just like "sup Saren." I think he should have started with subtle mech parts, and gotten more and more built up over the game.

I think they missed a big opportunity to have him progressively get more cybernetic and less Turian as the game goes on. I guess I just want a (cliche but always cool) "What the hell happened to you?" moment.

Saren just isn't a particularly good villain, IMO. A little better than Kai Leng, but only because he's in the game you fight him in for more than a couple scenes.

(PS: Beneziah completely sucks and they missed every opportunity they could have done with her. Liara doesn't really give a shit when you take her to the mission to kill her.)

EatChildren

Most things are added purely for gameplay purposes. That's how games are made. Story is there to justify that gameplay. In this case the justification was that Saren always was nothing more than a puppet to Sovereign and his moment of salvation simply spared his little remaining empathy for life and free will from further hindering your mission, nothing more. He was at the apex of mental and physical indoctrination, and no matter how resolved he was in fighting back against Sovereign it still wasn't enough. Sovereign had stripped Saren's will down to nothingness, his power going far beyond influence and suggestion to instead his very being.

Like yeah, it was obviously just there to justify a boss fight, but contextually I thought that justification was more than warranted. The whole point of Sovereign was to accentuate how trivial the fight against Saren actually was, and how great of a threat the Reapers are. And I think there's something impressively menacing about a villain who still uses you as a tool even after you've put a bullet through your brain.

The thing that irks me the most about Saren is that nobody comments on his Geth parts. He has tubes running into his brain, hydraulics powering his jaw, glowy mech arms, and everybody's still just like "sup Saren." I think he should have started with subtle mech parts, and gotten more and more built up over the game.

This was something they never fully explained in the game, much like Legion acquiring Shepard's armour. I'm pretty sure Saren's Geth parts were supposed to be grafted on long before the events of Mass Effect after sustaining serious injuries.

AJ_Wings

(PS: Beneziah completely sucks and they missed every opportunity they could have done with her. Liara doesn't really give a shit when you take her to the mission to kill her.)

It's been a long time since I replayed ME1 but I do remember Liara having some additional dialogue with her mother if you took her with you.

Most things are added purely for gameplay purposes. That's how games are made. Story is there to justify that gameplay.

ORLY?

In this case the justification was that Saren always was nothing more than a puppet to Sovereign and his moment of salvation simply spared his little remaining empathy for life and free will from further hindering your mission, nothing more. He was at the apex of mental and physical indoctrination, and no matter how resolved he was in fighting back against Sovereign it still wasn't enough. Sovereign had stripped Saren's will down to nothingness, his power going far beyond influence and suggestion to instead his very being.

Like yeah, it was obviously just there to justify a boss fight, but contextually I thought that justification was more than warranted. The whole point of Sovereign was to accentuate how trivial the fight against Saren actually was, and how great of a threat the Reapers are. And I think there's something impressively menacing about a villain who still uses you as a tool even after you've put a bullet through your brain.

Robo-saren had nothing to do with indoctrination, it's just Sovereign remote controlling his robo implants. Considering he could do the exact same thing by force to any being in the galaxy, and indeed they already have an army of husks, having Saren turn into a super-husk doesn't feel like it adds anything, narratively. Saren is just one more zombie after you've killed hundreds. Indeed, Saren seemed more threatening and sovereign more menacing when it was him just subverting Saren's reasoning in an intillectual way.

Ultimately Robo-saren is a cop out. The story goes "NO you're NOT ALLOWED to go without a boss fight". It rubs me the wrong way. Like if using Gunther's kill phrase in DX1 just resulted in him losing 10% of his health bar.

EatChildren

Yes. Narrative in games is frequently altered/cut/adapted to gameplay as game design usually takes priority. Not always, not for every scenario, but usually. This is similarly true for programming/hardware limitations.

Robo-saren had nothing to do with indoctrination, it's just Sovereign remote controlling his robo implants. Considering he could do the exact same thing by force to any being in the galaxy, and indeed they already have an army of husks, having Saren turn into a super-husk doesn't feel like it adds anything, narratively. Saren is just one more zombie after you've killed hundreds. Indeed, Saren seemed more threatening and sovereign more menacing when it was him just subverting Saren's reasoning in an intillectual way.

Ultimately Robo-saren is a cop out. The story goes "NO you're NOT ALLOWED to go without a boss fight". It rubs me the wrong way. Like if using Gunther's kill phrase in DX1 just resulted in him losing 10% of his health bar.

I firmly disagree that it "doesn't add anything" when I've explained what it adds. Maybe that message was lost on you or simply viewed as irrelevant, but the point of that transition was to take one of if not the only antagonist with a defined character and show that not even they can escape the scope of Sovereign's manipulation and control, even when they think they are. Sovereign creating robo-Saren is a contrivance and not a particularly outstanding plot development, that I'll agree, but the sequence itself had a purpose. Sovereign's will, the Reapers entire by extension, goes beyond intellectual manipulation. Your flesh and bone is a tool that they will use to the absolute end if they have the chance, and that's what Sovereign did.

Ralemont

not me
I loved Saren as an antagonist, but I feel the indoctrination was important to realise that no matter his perspective, no matter how warped yet empathetic, the Reapers were always something far beyond him. Saren may have started with the seed of saving mankind but the horror of the Reapers is that they are not a force that can be reasoned with. There was never a deal on the table, never a hope of alliance or salvation if at a cost even of Saren initially believed it. Ultimately he was just a tool of the Reapers who exploited his perspective to later indoctrinate.

Well, is indoctrination necessary to show that the Reapers cannot be reasoned with?

Also, which hypes the Reapers more: when a brainwashed servant tells you their power is unimaginable, or when an autonomous, well-respected Spectre does so of his own accord? To me, the latter does more to establish the magnitude of the threat.

prag16

Banned

Well, remember when they said that they considered a Robo-TIM boss fight in ME3?

I think the reactions to that were mixed, but a lot of people here bashed them for saying it would be "too video game-y" because it IS a video game and it should have a boss fight.

I'm sure you weren't personally one of the ones saying that, but the point is either way they can't make everybody happy I guess.

Yes. Narrative in games is frequently altered/cut/adapted to gameplay as game design usually takes priority. Not always, not for every scenario, but usually. This is similarly true for programming/hardware limitations.

It's painfully obvious that gameplay often shapes the story. Hence ORLY. Which has implicit sarcasm >_>

I firmly disagree that it "doesn't add anything" when I've explained what it adds. Maybe that message was lost on you or simply viewed as irrelevant, but the point of that transition was to take one of if not the only antagonist with a defined character and show that not even they can escape the scope of Sovereign's manipulation and control, even when they think they are. Sovereign creating robo-Saren is a contrivance and not a particularly outstanding plot development, that I'll agree, but the sequence itself had a purpose. Sovereign's will, the Reapers entire by extension, goes beyond intellectual manipulation. Your flesh and bone is a tool that they will use to the absolute end if they have the chance, and that's what Sovereign did.

But I don't think it has that purpose, I think you're projecting that yourself. We already know that they will use your flesh and bone as a tool, that's exactly what husks are (and later on, Reapers, LOL), literally human flesh and bones corrupted into servants of the machine. What you are saying might have been more applicable had Sovereign assumed direct control and actually prevented him from shooting himself to begin with, proving that Sovereign was actually in control the entire time and his free will was purely illusory. You could probably put similar amounts of theory crafting to describe almost any gameplay contrivance in any game in terms of story and subtext. But I never got the feeling here that any of this was put there by Bioware. It just feels like a gameplay contrivance.

Goodnight

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
EatChildren,

I am sure you have probably heard a little bit more, but any idea when the Trilogy might come out for the PS4?

I recently sold my current gen copies (although I have them on PC if I get the crazy urge to replay)

EatChildren

Well, is indoctrination necessary to show that the Reapers cannot be reasoned with?

Also, which hypes the Reapers more: when a brainwashed servant tells you their power is unimaginable, or when an autonomous, well-respected Spectre does so of his own accord? To me, the latter does more to establish the magnitude of the threat.

Saren wasn't just indoctrinated. As TDM said he was turned robo-Saren so he could be a direct puppet. Whether or not one is more haunting is subjective. I like both.

But I don't think it has that purpose, I think you're projecting that yourself. We already know that they will use your flesh and bone as a tool, that's exactly what husks are (and later on, Reapers, LOL), literally human flesh and bones corrupted into servants of the machine. What you are saying might have been more applicable had Sovereign assumed direct control and actually prevented him from shooting himself to begin with, proving that Sovereign was actually in control the entire time and his free will was purely illusory. You could probably put similar amounts of theory crafting to describe almost any gameplay contrivance in any game in terms of story and subtext. But I never got the feeling here that any of this was put there by Bioware. It just feels like a gameplay contrivance.

I guess what worked on me just didn't work on you. I thought it was neat and justified Sovereign's character, a fittingly depressing and tragic end to Saren's story arc, going beyond free will.

EatChildren,

I am sure you have probably heard a little bit more, but any idea when the Trilogy might come out for the PS4?

If it's coming I don't know about it. I know it's been discussed internally but I have no idea if a decision has been made. In my opinion it will depend on how far away Mass Effect 4 is. The longer the wait the higher the probability of dropping a quick and dirty trilogy port. The shorter the wait the less necessity there is to port last generation games when the emphasis would be on the next.

Replaying ME 1 as FemShep for the first time, really recommend it to anyone who hasn't tried it yet. I was a little hesitant at first because I just usually go standard male Shep, but playing her as full renegade is just so much fun.

Patryn

Replaying ME 1 as FemShep for the first time, really recommend it to anyone who hasn't tried it yet. I was a little hesitant at first because I just usually go standard male Shep, but playing her as full renegade is just so much fun.

I'm with those who feel that Jennifer Hale's performance outshines Mark Meer's by quite a bit.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
If it's coming I don't know about it. I know it's been discussed internally but I have no idea if a decision has been made. In my opinion it will depend on how far away Mass Effect 4 is. The longer the wait the higher the probability of dropping a quick and dirty trilogy port. The shorter the wait the less necessity there is to port last generation games when the emphasis would be on the next.

For me if it includes all the DLC then I am 100% in. If they leave that out and try to sell it seperately that is 100% dealbreaker.

I would imagine that ME4 is not coming out until Fall/Winter 2015 at the earliest since Dragon Age 3 is coming this fall. With that in mind I could see them re-releasing the trilogy to give people an incentive to play it.

EatChildren

For me if it includes all the DLC then I am 100% in. If they leave that out and try to sell it seperately that is 100% dealbreaker.

I would imagine that ME4 is not coming out until Fall/Winter 2015 at the earliest since Dragon Age 3 is coming this fall. With that in mind I could see them re-releasing the trilogy to give people an incentive to play it.

I kinda feel if Mass Effect 4 is a Q3/Q4 2015 title then a trilogy port needs to happen for the end of this year. Maybe they just haven't announced it yet, but if that isn't the intention I don't see they doing one at all.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I kinda feel if Mass Effect 4 is a Q3/Q4 2015 title then a trilogy port needs to happen for the end of this year. Maybe they just haven't announced it yet, but if that isn't the intention I don't see they doing one at all.

I would be kind of surprised if they did one.

EA very rarely does re-releases because they try to maximize how much they sell when a game first comes out, so the amount of demand left is pretty low.

I realize they throw some late ports on select systems, but usually those are more "Here's something to show our support." than "Here's us really sitting down and working on remastering something."

EA also focuses a lot on margin these days and a physical re-release that will presumably do most of its sales at low price points isn't great for that.

Patryn

I would be kind of surprised if they did one.

EA very rarely does re-releases because they try to maximize how much they sell when a game first comes out, so the amount of demand left is pretty low.

I realize they throw some late ports on select systems, but usually those are more "Here's something to show our support." than "Here's us really sitting down and working on remastering something."

EA also focuses a lot on margin these days and a physical re-release that will presumably do most of its sales at low price points isn't great for that.

And while I would love a Mass Effect Trilogy rerelease on the PS4, I also doubt that EA would want to release one this fall because it could easily be seen as possibly cannibalizing the sales of Dragon Age: Inquisition.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
And while I would love a Mass Effect Trilogy rerelease on the PS4, I also doubt that EA would want to release one this fall because it could easily be seen as possibly cannibalizing the sales of Dragon Age: Inquisition.

I dont see that at all.

Thats a stretch if you ask me.

Patryn

I dont see that at all.

Thats a stretch if you ask me.

It's not really a stretch. Both games appeal to Bioware fans. If they had limited income, releasing a trilogy of 3 games could easily be seen as a greater value proposition than a single game, thus DA:I's sales could suffer.

jay_clark

Neo Member
I'd throw in TIM with Saren in terms of not needing an indoctrination subplot. I'm actually beginning to think the entire idea of indoctrination was bad for the story. It undermines the idealogical conflict between Shepard and Saren/TIM by making it less about differing means to the same end (saving the galaxy) and more about who is under mind control and to what extent. TIM's Control arc in ME3 could have easily been done without indoctrination, had they not been so dead-set on making Cerberus a main antagonist in the game. Instead, you form an uneasy alliance between the Alliance and Cerberus that crumbles at the end when the question comes down to what to do with the Reapers.

First I've heard this point of view but I completely agree. Interesting thought

But Hale was the one true shepard

rQQC9.jpg

Daemul

I'm not a fan of renegade Femshep, Hale tries to hard to sound tough and utterly fails at it, I spent a lot of time just cringing when attempting a play through of it, I quickly gave that up.

I advise you to romance Kaidan as Femshep, it's a very satisfying one. Don't waste time on the bird and the lizard, aliens suck.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
It's not really a stretch. Both games appeal to Bioware fans. If they had limited income, releasing a trilogy of 3 games could easily be seen as a greater value proposition than a single game, thus DA:I's sales could suffer.

This line of thought makes no sense to me. No matter what, a rerelease of an old game is not going to drastically alter the sales figures for a new game in a meaningful way.

I'm sorry that's just a ridiculous assumption.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom