• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Mass Effect Community Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asbear

Banned
Oh come on :(

Do you really want another DA2/ME3? Besides, they need the extra time being a new team's first full product and Mass Effect on an entirely new engine. There's only so much they can take from Dragon Age, since they'll have to reinvent third person shooter mechanics.

SliChillax

Do you really want another DA2/ME3? Besides, they need the extra time being a new team's first full product and Mass Effect on an entirely new engine. There's only so much they can take from Dragon Age, since they'll have to reinvent third person shooter mechanics.

I know I know you're right it's just that I can barely wait. I hope they release a remastered trilogy while we wait.

Work started on ME4 using frostbite in Q4 2012. In Q1 2013 we got word that they were starting to ramp up production, meaning that it was leaving the "early drawing board" phase that year. We obviously got a look at it circa Q2 2014. Q4 2015 release would theoretically be possible, a 3 year cycle. But I do agree that they will probably take longer.

As an aside I would say that getting a TPS to run in Frostbite is probably easier than getting Dragon Age to, since it's much closer to the FPS origins of the engine. Then again this is Bioware and they aren't the most technically proficient team ever.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I'm still banking on an initial Q4 2015 release.

EA is probably gonna be dropping Starwars Battlefront next Q4 2015 to co-release with movie, so I doubt they will compete with themselves then within that"space" genre. I anticipate a N7 day 2015 official announcement and a Q3 2016 date. Maybe a trilogy remaster at Q4 2015. That's my guess. Perhaps bio ware has something else cooking for Q4 2015 that we don't know about? Maybe jade empire? I would go nuts!

Lakitu

st5fu
Yeah, I'm going to guess Q1 2016, but even then I wouldn't mind Q3 or Q4 if it meant we'd get a Mass Effect trilogy remaster in Q4 2015.

TheBIG

Banned
wcBgu3T.jpg

I think March 2016 makes the most sense for a release date. Hopefully we'll get a remastered trilogy in 2015. Replaying through Halo 3 in the Master Chief Collection has made me want to replay a better version of my other favourite 2007 360 game.

Also, quick question: Is Mass Effect a bigger series than Dragon Age, sales-wise? I remember hearing that Dragon Age Origins was Bioware's best selling game.I just saw the PAL sales thread, and Inquisition dropped out of the top 40, which surprised me.

Also, quick question: Is Mass Effect a bigger series than Dragon Age, sales-wise? I remember hearing that Dragon Age Origins was Bioware's best selling game.I just saw the PAL sales thread, and Inquisition dropped out of the top 40, which surprised me.

IIRC Dragon Age 1 sold more than ME1, but I don't think there have been any comparisons since.

Patryn

IIRC Dragon Age 1 sold more than ME1, but I don't think there have been any comparisons since.
I believe the information about Dragon Age: Origins being Bioware's best-selling game came after the original release of Mass Effect 2 on the 360, but prior to its release on the PS3.

SugarDave

November 17th release date next year delayed to January 26th 2016, exactly 6 years since the release of Mass Effect 2.

Calling it, save this post! It's gonna happen!

foxdvd

January 26, 2016...6 years to the day after Mass Effect 2 came out in NA... (edit to add I literally did not see the post above mine before posting...lol)

Maybe if they delay it to 2017, Bioware will finally figure out how to properly support gamepads so you don't have to manually switch in the menu and then be unable to use one or the other even for menu navigation.

Maybe if they delay it to 2017, Bioware will finally figure out how to properly support gamepads so you don't have to manually switch in the menu and then be unable to use one or the other even for menu navigation.
I'm amazed they actually implemented it in the first place. Funny how Dragon Age, a series originally designed for the PC has controller support before Mass Effect, the series designed for the 360. But yeah, that is pretty dumb they make you have to switch between one or the other.

I'm amazed they actually implemented it in the first place. Funny how Dragon Age, a series originally designed for the PC has controller support before Mass Effect, the series designed for the 360. But yeah, that is pretty dumb they make you have to switch between one or the other.

Practically every modern cross platform game supports it properly these days, even Ubisoft. Absurd that one of EA's golden children couldn't get it done until a Q4 2014 release, and even then it wasn't as good as the support in most games.

SliChillax

Practically every modern cross platform game supports it properly these days, even Ubisoft. Absurd that one of EA's golden children couldn't get it done until a Q4 2014 release, and even then it wasn't as good as the support in most games.

Honestly as a guy who prefers to play with a controller on PC I enjoyed ME so much with a keyboard and mouse mainly because I could use all the powers without pausing the game using the power wheel and it made the gameplay amazingly frantic.

DOWN

Banned
Honestly as a guy who prefers to play with a controller on PC I enjoyed ME so much with a keyboard and mouse mainly because I could use all the powers without pausing the game using the power wheel and it made the gameplay amazingly frantic.
In the first game that would help, but 2 and 3 were very three-power focused making it convenient to map all the abilities to the controller and teammate commands.

SliChillax

In the first game that would help, but 2 and 3 were very three-power focused making it convenient to map all the abilities to the controller and teammate commands.

Actually the first game I always play as a soldier because the powers look really boring so I prefer to shoot my way through while with 2 and 3 I binded my power to the Q, E, 1, 2 and 3 and would just blast anything as a Vanguard, barely using any weapons or pausing the action.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom