• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Mass Effect Community Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
n0Sfu9B.jpg

I'll fight you

androvsky

Looks great, except for one little thing: The N7 logo and Commander stripes should be on the left plate. They're always on the left of whatever they're affixed to, e.g.
That works out well since it would put the stripe on the hard drive cover.

Now the question is why is a junior member posting a bunch of fakes without context? It was a little disconcerting when PSX was still going on.

That works out well since it would put the stripe on the hard drive cover.

Now the question is why is a junior member posting a bunch of fakes without context? It was a little disconcerting when PSX was still going on.
He did one for Red Dead as well, so hes probably just doing it for fun.

Lakitu

st5fu
So, that must be a lot of content huh? I did hear something about a significant milestone this month on Twitter or the Bioware forums. Can't remember.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
In regards to their being an announcement I am hoping we get an official confirmation of the trilpogy coming to next gen consoles.

It's probably ME4 related and I am fine with that.

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
MASS EFFECT Trilogy - November 26, 2015

MASS EFFECT (4) - March 6, 2016

"Play ME Trilogy and see some good old things in ME (4) - EA"

Believe

This feels.....right to me, something about it just feels right.

Even though I already have a PS4, I would buy this purely on principle and sell the old one for whatever I get for it, there is no way I could exist without a N7 edition console if one truly existed (and wasn't a cruel 'shop fake :/).

I wouldn't write it off just yet.

Not sure I look forward to rehashing all the controversy and discussion about Mass Effect's narrative direction. Maybe time, distance and a new audience will create room for fresh perspectives and reappraisals... I don't know.

The first game could use an overhaul of its graphics and mechanics but the last two titles still look and play fine. Guess I'd rather they just throw every ounce of manpower and creativity into the next title.

I get so tired of people making baseless statements like this when we have actual evidence to the contrary.
This isn't baseless. They haven't done remasters in the past (with a tiny handful of sort-of-exceptions-but-not-really). We've even had a thread about this. You even posted in it.
I'm sure you're just trolling.
I don't troll. I'd already added you to my ignore list before, but for some reason I decided to show your post anyway. I won't repeat that mistake.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
This isn't baseless. They haven't done remasters in the past (with a tiny handful of sort-of-exceptions-but-not-really). We've even had a thread about this. You even posted in it.

I don't troll. I'd already added you to my ignore list before, but for some reason I decided to show your post anyway. I won't repeat that mistake.

The don't come in here and say stuff like "it's not going to happen"

Maybe you didn't know but Aaryn Flynn came into this thread and actually ASKED the GAF community what they wanted in a Mass Effect trilogy remaster. It doesn't take a fool to realize that if this wasn't a troll attempt and that the trilogy is already in the works.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=137643298&postcount=3216

The thing I'd love to hear from people is what you'd like to have in such an experience. For me (personal opinion, and based on what people have told me many times before):

- 1080p
- 60 fps
- High res textures, especially on ME1
- Some shader improvements commensurate with newer GPUs
- All the DLC
- "Seamless experience" - the adventures flow into each other without having to go back to save import, menu screens, etc.

Agree / disagree? What else?

Bear in mind this is a "wish list" at this point...

That pretty much debunks your definite "It's not going to happen"

Taker34

Banned
They have to release the remaster in 2015 or the wait for NME could kill some GAF users! 2016 is so far away, it's inhumane.

Guys, Jos is just conducting a physics experiment. Is there a level of teasing so bad, you can actually create a fan that does not experience the passage of time?

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
They have to release the remaster in 2015 or the wait for NME could kill some GAF users! 2016 is so far away, it's inhumane.

2016 isn't THAT far away. My expectation is that ME4 will be an early 2016 release. That's just a guess based on Shinobis comments.

spekkeh

Banned
Can this be a fears of next gen thread too? I sure as fuck hope the exploration of planets isn't going to be as vapid as DAI.

busy "exploring" Hissing Wastes, effing checkboxes filling up bars design trash

I mean who the hell would want to take a page out of Assassin's Creed's book? This is game design 101 of the example not to follow.

You must be mistaken, Spekkeh, DAI is GOTY. Do not show any signs of dissent. Report to your local requisition officer and give him 5 units of iron, 3 units of elfroot and 2 units of obsidian.

Ralemont

not me
Can this be a fears of next gen thread too? I sure as fuck hope the exploration of planets isn't going to be as vapid as DAI.

I mean who the hell would want to take a page out of Assassin's Creed's book? This is game design 101 of the example not to follow.

I for one am sincerely hoping they don't use Mass Effect 1's "exploration" as a basis.

Asbear

Banned
I for one am sincerely hoping they don't use Mass Effect 1's "exploration" as a basis.

ME1 did at least have some interesting side-quests in its otherwise bland and carelessly crafted terrains. I don't even think one single side-quest in DA:I had the same depth as a typical ME1 side-quest, even when there was branching dialogue.

I agree with Spekkeh. Well-crafted areas and open-ended maps to explore should be good, especially in Mass Effect where it's likely even more atmospheric, but they simply can't make this a Mass Effect: Inquisition in terms of side-quest design. It's not fun and it makes the game 30+ hours longer than it needs to be, and is cruel becuase some of us have completionist OCD.

ME1:
- Forgettable and bland area design
- Good side-quests
- 5-10 hours of side-content
- 15-20 hour main quest

DA:I:
- Well-done area design
- Forgettable and boring side-quests/MMO fetch quests
- 50 hours of side-content
- 15-20 hour main quest

Pick your preference. I know what mine is. This about quality over quantity.

Ralemont

not me
ME1 did at least have some interesting side-quests in its otherwise bland and carelessly crafted terrains. I don't even think one single side-quest in DA:I had the same depth as a typical ME1 side-quest, even when there was branching dialogue.

It had a couple, but it had many more planets that had none. Dragon Age zones at least have a zone quest for most zones.

In any case, there are no side quests in ME1 with the depth of the Crestwood/old-Crestwood mayor quest. Just as an example.

Plasma

Banned
Random tangent but something I realised the other day, humans in the Mass Effect series are the only species to have hair.

wolfhowwl

Banned

People who decide to create massive areas but then don't have the time or money to properly fill them.

Also ME1 "exploration" sucked and clashed with the story. Is this just BioWare listening to whatever vocal minority is yelling loud enough?

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Random tangent but something I realised the other day, humans in the Mass Effect series are the only species to have hair.

Considering how shitty hair looks like in Mass Effect 1 to 3, this isn't a bad thing at all.

prag16

Banned
That pretty much debunks your definite "It's not going to happen"

You are correct, however we should be careful not to go too far in the other direction. A lot of people earlier in the topic were using Aaryn's comments as definitive proof that there definitely WILL be a trilogy remaster released.

I agree with Spekkeh. Well-crafted areas and open-ended maps to explore should be good, especially in Mass Effect where it's likely even more atmospheric, but they simply can't make this a Mass Effect: Inquisition in terms of side-quest design. It's not fun and it makes the game 30+ hours longer than it needs to be, and is cruel becuase some of us have completionist OCD.

ME1:
- Forgettable and bland area design
- Good side-quests
- 5-10 hours of side-content
- 15-20 hour main quest

DA:I:
- Well-done area design
- Forgettable and boring side-quests/MMO fetch quests
- 50 hours of side-content
- 15-20 hour main quest

Pick your preference. I know what mine is. This about quality over quantity.

ME1 has some good side content, but a lot of it is real bad too. Particularly UNC worlds related. As much as a I hate a lot of DAI side content, it's at least more polished than surfing to the next UNC planet, loading, landing, making way to map marker on other side of mountain, getting matriarch writing, then loading back to the Normandy again.

reading those tweets make this seem like a 2015 release. Fucking hell, the next couple years are going to be a Godsend for space games! Guess I should buy and play through ME3 even though I know how it ends.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom