• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Metal Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Oh man this is great, reminds me of Enabler.

sick yeah

Whoa... that's fantastic.

Seriously, thanks a lot for showing me Sworn In... Holy shit.. The Deviant is heavy as shit.

Saw them live last summer. SICK AS HELL. Very personal show, crazy drumming, a subwoofer on the drumkit to rock the place, and hell, their guitarist is black and kills that guitar.

Dude, check out their last EP, Start/End. It's available for free and thematically what starts the album (riffs, lyrics, lines) wrap around and close the album. "Beggars" is a fucking standout track on it.

Quikies83

sick yeah

Saw them live last summer. SICK AS HELL. Very personal show, crazy drumming, a subwoofer on the drumkit to rock the place, and hell, their guitarist is black and kills that guitar.

Dude, check out their last EP, Start/End. It's available for free and thematically what starts the album (riffs, lyrics, lines) wrap around and close the album. "Beggars" is a fucking standout track on it.

Was listening to that album as I read this and yes, Beggars is fucking killer.

DanaInPurple

Neo Member
Sorry Guys! But just HAD to post it here, I am soooo freakin' excited, finally will see them! heeellsh yesh!!!

523541_10151521889232402_1224380325_n.jpg

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Uh oh, there's already a Cleric from the Northeast (Philly, I think)! Avant garde, prog metal type stuff. These guys are good, though.

Glorious. Always appreciate some Manowar love here.

Seen them 3 times since 2005, all 3 of those shows rank in the top shows I've ever been to. Aside from kicking colossal amounts of ass live, the crowds at Manowar shows can't be beat. It's an experience like no other.

Sorry Guys! But just HAD to post it here, I am soooo freakin' excited, finally will see them! heeellsh yesh!!!

Sweeeet. Wish I could have caught them on their last tour, maybe next time.

Jumping to a Folk Metal direction, going to Paganfest USA in less than 2 weeks. Seen Tyr before, know what to expect there (awesomeness). Ensiferum and Metsatoll are who I'm most excited to see for the first time. Can't wait.

Aaaaand, here's Finntroll's new video. I dig it, although I've never been big on horns I can't say no to catchy folk metal played by steampunk trolls.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbpwQmTThUA

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
Neurosis, BlackTusk, Bison B.C., Cult Of Luna, Isis, Shrinebuilder, A Storm Of Light. Some are more similar to those you listed than others, but I think they're all worth checking out.

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul

wow in chilangolandia?! Anyways, saw them in Los Angeles last year. They're great live.

also, if you go, just stay close to Teemu and admire his beautiful locks of hair as he shreds.

Jumping to a Folk Metal direction, going to Paganfest USA in less than 2 weeks. Seen Tyr before, know what to expect there (awesomeness). Ensiferum and Metsatoll are who I'm most excited to see for the first time. Can't wait.

Sami from Ensiferum is an absolute blast. So grateful and a really cool guy. Petri is Petri. Living in his own world. Feeding that belly :p They are pretty awesome live.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom