• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Metal Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just discovered Terra Tenebrosa, band with ex-Breach members and I am REALLY liking it.

They sound like a slower version of Breach but much darker, noisier and with very weird "blacky" vocals.

Being a huge fan of Breach I really have no idea how did I miss this band. They have just released their second record "The Purging".

terra%20tenebrosa%20the%20purging.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpGS2K0huxQ

Kaladin

Baroness have announced the first leg of the 2013 headlining tour:

May 24 | Philadelphia, PA | Union Transfer %
May 25 | Baltimore, MD | Ram’s Head Live ^
May 26 | Virginia Beach, VA | Jewish Mother ^
May 28 | Charleston, SC | The Music Farm #
May 29 | Atlanta, GA | Center Stage #
May 31 | Dallas, TX | Trees #
June 4 | Lawrence, KS | Granada *
June 5 | St. Louis, MO | Firebird *
June 8 | Grand Rapids, MI | The Pyramid Scheme *
June 9 | Madison, WI | The Majestic Theatre *
June 11 | Indianapolis, IN | Deluxe @ Old National Centre *
June 12 | Cincinnati, OH | The Taft Ballroom *
June 14 | Pittsburgh, PA | Mr. Smalls *
June 15 | Huntington, WV | V Club *

% Support: Tombs and Pallbearer
^ Support: Inter Arma
# Support: True Widow
* Support: Coliseum

John Baizley and Pete Adams will be joined by Nick Jost (bass) and Sebastian Thomson (drums).

I'm very likely going to the Atlanta date.

pablito

Just discovered Terra Tenebrosa, band with ex-Breach members and I am REALLY liking it.

They sound like a slower version of Breach but much darker, noisier and with very weird "blacky" vocals.

Being a huge fan of Breach I really have no idea how did I miss this band. They have just released their second record "The Purging".

terra%20tenebrosa%20the%20purging.jpg

this was nice. will be the next thing i check out when i have the time.

blahness

Baroness have announced the first leg of the 2013 headlining tour:

May 24 | Philadelphia, PA | Union Transfer %
May 25 | Baltimore, MD | Ram’s Head Live ^
May 26 | Virginia Beach, VA | Jewish Mother ^
May 28 | Charleston, SC | The Music Farm #
May 29 | Atlanta, GA | Center Stage #
May 31 | Dallas, TX | Trees #
June 4 | Lawrence, KS | Granada *
June 5 | St. Louis, MO | Firebird *
June 8 | Grand Rapids, MI | The Pyramid Scheme *
June 9 | Madison, WI | The Majestic Theatre *
June 11 | Indianapolis, IN | Deluxe @ Old National Centre *
June 12 | Cincinnati, OH | The Taft Ballroom *
June 14 | Pittsburgh, PA | Mr. Smalls *
June 15 | Huntington, WV | V Club *

% Support: Tombs and Pallbearer
^ Support: Inter Arma
# Support: True Widow
* Support: Coliseum

John Baizley and Pete Adams will be joined by Nick Jost (bass) and Sebastian Thomson (drums).

I'm very likely going to the Atlanta date.

Why does the Baltimore date have to be during Maryland Deathfest? :\ Maybe John Baizley will be hanging out around the fest like a few years ago.

Vio-Lence

Banned
While I think Pieces wears the overall crown, I don't think you can top Left Hand Path production for swedish DM full length albums.

While I think Pieces wears the overall crown, I don't think you can top Left Hand Path production for swedish DM full length albums.

Left Hand Path does have that "classic" nostalgic sound...Clandestine is just another beast and one step further on a "clean" Swedish trademark sound.

Masenkame

Thanks for the heads-up. I really liked the first album.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
So...earlier Austrian Death machine posted a voice mail (supposedly) from the real Arnold Schwarzenegger. I thought it sounded pretty legit. Well, a couple of days go, they also posted a new voicemail from the alleged real Ice-T (of rap, Law & Order, and heavy metal band Body Count fame).

It sounds soooooooo fake that now I'm doubting the Arnold one :'(

Wolverine Blues is pretty sick though, you guys. I like that album a lot.

DaleCooperThumbs.gif

I will admit that nostalgia plays a big factor, though, as it was the first Entombed record I got. I had it in one tape together with Helmet's "meantime" and who knows how many times I listened to those two records through high school, hundreds and hundreds.

Ravager61

DaleCooperThumbs.gif

I will admit that nostalgia plays a big factor, though, as it was the first Entombed record I got. I had it in one tape together with Helmet's "meantime" and who knows how many times I listened to those two records through high school, hundreds and hundreds.

*fist bump*

Also, thanks for posting about Breach earlier. I'd never listened to them before. Listening to It's Me God now and its awesome. Lots of Unsane vibes.

Didn't see much in the way of metal April Fools but I did see Dream Theater's Jordan Rudess post this to his facebook;

Jordan Rudess is excited to announce the release of his latest solo album.
1622_10151390639057989_717398450_n.jpg

He's the keyboardist for those who don't know him.

Never understood why Entombed was considered DM..well at least on Wolverine Blues.

because old Entombed/Nihilist practically wrote the book for Swedish death metal, had the sister band Dismember, had ties with almost every Stockholm/Swedish death metal band at the time. Nicke Andersson built the whole underground death metal network and exposed his band among others outside of Scandinavia.

Then you have death metal songs like this: Shreds Of Flesh

It was the whole Columbia Records/Earache deal when Entombed started to do the whole "Death 'N Roll" so to speak. Bigger label, more accessible, more money.

brinstar

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
because old Entombed/Nihilist practically wrote the book for Swedish death metal, had the sister band Dismember, had ties with almost every Stockholm/Swedish death metal band at the time. Nicke Andersson built the whole underground death metal network and exposed his band among others outside of Scandinavia.

Then you have death metal songs like this: Shreds Of Flesh

It was the whole Columbia Records/Earache deal when Entombed started to do the whole "Death 'N Roll" so to speak. Bigger label, more accessible, more money.

My first Entombed record was Clandestine. I knew they had DM history but i never had a clue it was that extensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom