• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Metal Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

blahness

59722_527053567333152_1604409099_n.jpg

I cannot wait for this. I will probably buy this as soon as I get into this years MDF. Last year was probably the best set of shows I have ever seen. A lot of footage and full sets are already available on youtube so I am curious what they have in store for this.

A new Godflesh, Carcass, !T.O.O.H.! and Summoning this year? Sweet jesus! And hell yes for a Streetcleaner sound!

It's nice that it might be reminiscent of streetcleaner but, personally, Hymns is one of my favourite Godflesh albums and I would have no problem if it would kind of expand on that either.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fm5GpPo0GnQ

FUCK, so good.

EDIT: lol at Paramore, although to me it sounds kind of late isis-ish

Dom Brunt

That's super Post-Rock-ish. Is that the direction they're going for now? It's very Mono, Godspeed You Black Emperor like. Totally unexpected from Paramore, haha.

I had to go check out the album just to find that out lol. Somebody had put up the whole album on youtube so I skipped throught it and it was probably pretty much basic Paramore (I've only heard a couple of songs so I can't really tell) except for that song which was the last song on the album. It definitely didn't fit in with the rest of the album which was pretty poppy, I guess they're trying to experiment but it seemed really out of place. Also they're pretty damn late on the post rock trend.

And in the Paramore thread the fans all seem to hate it lol

FYC

Banned
Ugh, Mustaine...why on earth get him of all singers. Fuck, ask you buddy Hetfield, you want to work with him again so bad.

Either way, I'm looking forward to hearing the new album. Mustaine is genrally good when it comes to guest singers. A Tout Le Monde was pretty fantastic(I think that is the only one he ever had a guest singer on?).

INrbVOw.png

I don't really mind some Disturbed, just poking fun.

Necrophobic is an awesome band.

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
some of the ridiculous Bodom cover songs are really enjoyable tonight. Just worked 9am-12:30 am at two jobs. Kinda fun to come home, sip a whiskey and listen to Bodom's banjo crazy cover of "Lookin Out My Back Door".

Love that band so fucking much.

lmpaler

some of the ridiculous Bodom cover songs are really enjoyable tonight. Just worked 9am-12:30 am at two jobs. Kinda fun to come home, sip a whiskey and listen to Bodom's banjo crazy cover of "Lookin Out My Back Door".

Love that band so fucking much.

Their Party All The Time cover always has me laughing and dancing like a fool, I fucking love it. I finally get to see them and Amon fucking Amarth at the Mayhem fest this year! So pumped!

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
Their Party All The Time cover always has me laughing and dancing like a fool, I fucking love it. I finally get to see them and Amon fucking Amarth at the Mayhem fest this year! So pumped!

haha, agreed. So amazing. Enjoying their cover of "Rebel Yell" and then i'm going to bed.

Been listening to Avantasias new album a bunch of times now. Not as good as Wicked Symphony, but it is up there, for sure. And for once the ballads on it are good too. Usually when it comes to Sammets ballads, you get bored to death, I think, but this time (especially the one with Eric Martin from Mr. Big) they work: What's left of me (feat. Eric Martin)

Best song, for the time being is Saviour in the clockwork (feat. Michael Kiske, Joe Lynn Turner, Biff Byford)

I'm in the minority amongst my metalhead friends when it comes to Avantasia. I actually think I may prefer the post Metal Opera stuff to those two respective albums. As such, I really like The Mystery of Time, while I definitely agree it's no Wicked Symphony (which is one of my favorite albums ever). The ballad with Eric Martin KILLS it, and Savior in the Clockwork along with Dweller in a Dream are my faves off of it. Great stuff, Tobi never fails me.

That Maiden show with the insane lineup is giving me rage filled bouts of jealousy. Looks like such a great event.

I cannot wait for this. I will probably buy this as soon as I get into this years MDF. Last year was probably the best set of shows I have ever seen. A lot of footage and full sets are already available on youtube so I am curious what they have in store for this.

Oh it's a movie... thought it was the lineup. I was confused why Nasum was on the bill. The text is ridiculously hard to read.

Dom Brunt

Kylesa "Vulture's Landing" new song

http://loudwire.com/kylesa-vultures-landing-exclusive-song-premiere/

Where's my harsh vocals? Goddamn it.

Yeah fuck :/ I love Laura's shouting vocals but it looks like there won't be any on this album. Phillip could open his mouth too... I don't know, the new album could still be good but it almost sounds like a side project or something so it'll take some getting used to.

All my favorites have changed or are changing their style and sound to something that is imo worse than before, I know everyone hates people who whine about that but I can't help it lol. What they all have in common is ditching the harsh vocals for clean vocals and often it doesn't work and it affects everything badly. Suddenly I find myself not buying my favorites' cds anymore (yeah I still do that) or not interested in seeing them live since I know they won't play the old songs anymore. Ah well, at least Kylesa's new album can't be anywhere near as bad as Mastodon's latest since from what I can tell by these new songs is that at least the music is interesting even if it isn't exactly what I'd hope to hear from them. They could still pleasantly surprise me.

Kaladin

I agree, Celestial Lineage showed a lot of promise after they stumbled a bit with Black Cascade (imo); but I believe they are currently on hiatus, aren't they?

Glad I saw them live last year in Vancouver, it was super awesome.

I saw them in Tallahassee, FL in 2011. They got through about 4 songs (most of their set actually) before their PA system blew a fuse in the building and the ceiling fan came down from the ceiling. Needless to say, the show was over.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Current announced guest line up on the new Austrian Death Machine album:

Dave Nassie (Bleeding Through, guitar)
Ryan Gilsan (Allegaeon, guitar)
Brandon Trahan (Impending Doom, drums)
Doc Coyle (God Forbid, guitar)
Scott Lewis (Carnifex, vocals)
Lorenzo “The Main Event” Antonucci (Ex-Sworn Enemy, guitar)
Wes Hauch (The Faceless, guitar)

Kaladin

I was just looking at the concept for Mastodon's Crack The Skye for the first time in a while.....that story is probably one of the better metal concept albums we've seen in a long time.

"There is a paraplegic and the only way that he can go anywhere is if he astral travels. He goes out of his body, into outer space and a bit like Icarus, he goes too close to the sun, burning off the golden umbilical cord that is attached to his solar plexus. So he is in outer space and he is lost, he gets sucked into a wormhole, he ends up in the spirit realm and he talks to spirits telling them that he is not really dead. So they send him to the Russian cult, they use him in a divination and they find out his problem. They decide they are going to help him. They put his soul inside Rasputin's body. Rasputin goes to usurp the czar and he is murdered. The two souls fly out of Rasputin's body through the crack in the sky(e) and Rasputin is the wise man that is trying to lead the child home to his body because his parents have discovered him by now and think that he is dead. Rasputin needs to get him back into his body before it's too late. But they end up running into the Devil along the way and the Devil tries to steal their souls and bring them down…there are some obstacles along the way."

SORRY FOR THE SUPER LONG POST!

One week for Roadburn! ARGH. Would you guys mind to check the line up and recommend me some bands that I should not miss?

I'm bolding the ones I already know I don't wanna miss although I know some of those clash with each other already, SUCKS :(

Thursday, April 18th:

John Baizley / Nate Hall / Katie Jones
Black Bombaim
Blues Pills
Candybar Planet
Castle
C R O W N
Gravetemple
Robert Hampson
Herder
High on Fire (playing The Art of Self Defense in its entirety)
Intronaut
Lantlôs (Neige artist in Residence Roadburn 2013)
Lord Mantis
Magdalena Solis
Maserati
Mournful Congegration
Mourning Beloveth (playing The Sullen Sulcus in its entirety)
Pallbearer
Penance
Pilgrim
Primordial
Royal Thunder
Dirk Serries’ Microphonics
The Atlas Moth
The Black Heart Rebellion
The Midnight Ghost Train
The Psychedelic Warlords (celebrating the 40th anniversary of one of the best live albums ever made, Hawkwind‘s Space Ritual )

Friday, April 19th (Jus Oborn’s The Electric Acid Orgy): (Main stage and Green Room lineup complete)

Cough
Dream Death
Electric Wizard
Moss
Psychic TV / PTV3
Sabbath Assembly
Satan’s Satyrs
Seremonia
The Pretty Things (full-on psychedelic set)
Tombstoned
Uncle Acid & the Deadbeats
Witchsorrow

Friday, April 19th – Het Patronaat (by Roadburn –lineup complete):

Amenra
Dread Sovereign
Eternal Tapestry
Goat
Hexvessel
Kadavar
Les Discrets (Neige artist in Residence Roadburn 2013)
Witch Mountain

Friday, April 19th – Cul de Sac:
Nate Hall
Radar Men From The Moon
Syndrome

Friday, April 19th – Hall of Fame (Master Class and Perfromance Clinic: 4:30pm – 6:30 pm)
Victor Griffin
Jeff “Oly Olson”

Saturday, April 20th: (lineup complete)

A Forest of Stars
Alcest (Neige artist in Residence Roadburn 2013)
Antisect
Ash Borer
Asphyx (playing their slowest of death doom)
Black Magician
Camera
Cult of Luna
Die Kreuzen
Elder
Endless Boogie
Fell Voices
Godflesh (playing Pure in its entirety)
Victor Griffin’s In~graved
High on Fire
Jess and the Ancient Ones
Lo!
Monomyth
Mr.Peter Hayden
My Brother The Wind
Process of Guilt
Raketkanon
Satan’s Satyrs (tribute to Blue Cheer)
Teeth of the Sea
The Cosmic Dead
The Ocean
The Ruins of Beverast
Wo Fat

Roadburn Festival 2013 Introduces (Cul de Sac – Doors 13:00 – Start 13:45):
Duncan Evans (a.k.a. Henry Hyde Bronsdon of A Forest Of Stars)
Gold
Pet The Preacher

Saturday, April 20h – Hall of Fame (Master Class and Perfromance Clinic: 1.30 pm)
Nathan Carson

Sunday, April 21st (The Afterburner): (Lineup complete)

Astra
Diagonal
Die Kreuzen
Electric Moon
Golden Void (ft. Isaiah Mitchell of Earthless-fame)
Ihsahn
Leprous
Michael Rother Presents The Music of NEU! und Harmonia (accompanied by Berlin’s very own Camera)
Nihill
Sigh
Spiritual Beggars
Switchblade
Zodiac

Kaladin

SORRY FOR THE SUPER LONG POST!

One week for Roadburn! ARGH. Would you guys mind to check the line up and recommend me some bands that I should not miss?

I'm bolding the ones I already know I don't wanna miss although I know some of those clash with each other already, SUCKS :(

Thursday, April 18th:

John Baizley / Nate Hall / Katie Jones
Black Bombaim
Blues Pills
Candybar Planet
Castle
C R O W N
Gravetemple
Robert Hampson
Herder
High on Fire (playing The Art of Self Defense in its entirety)
Intronaut
Lantlôs (Neige artist in Residence Roadburn 2013)
Lord Mantis
Magdalena Solis
Maserati
Mournful Congegration
Mourning Beloveth (playing The Sullen Sulcus in its entirety)
Pallbearer
Penance
Pilgrim
Primordial
Royal Thunder
Dirk Serries’ Microphonics
The Atlas Moth
The Black Heart Rebellion
The Midnight Ghost Train
The Psychedelic Warlords (celebrating the 40th anniversary of one of the best live albums ever made, Hawkwind‘s Space Ritual )

Friday, April 19th (Jus Oborn’s The Electric Acid Orgy): (Main stage and Green Room lineup complete)

Cough
Dream Death
Electric Wizard
Moss
Psychic TV / PTV3
Sabbath Assembly
Satan’s Satyrs
Seremonia
The Pretty Things (full-on psychedelic set)
Tombstoned
Uncle Acid & the Deadbeats
Witchsorrow

Friday, April 19th – Het Patronaat (by Roadburn –lineup complete):

Amenra
Dread Sovereign
Eternal Tapestry
Goat
Hexvessel
Kadavar
Les Discrets (Neige artist in Residence Roadburn 2013)
Witch Mountain

Friday, April 19th – Cul de Sac:
Nate Hall
Radar Men From The Moon
Syndrome

Friday, April 19th – Hall of Fame (Master Class and Perfromance Clinic: 4:30pm – 6:30 pm)
Victor Griffin
Jeff “Oly Olson”

Saturday, April 20th: (lineup complete)

A Forest of Stars
Alcest (Neige artist in Residence Roadburn 2013)
Antisect
Ash Borer
Asphyx (playing their slowest of death doom)
Black Magician
Camera
Cult of Luna
Die Kreuzen
Elder
Endless Boogie
Fell Voices
Godflesh (playing Pure in its entirety)
Victor Griffin’s In~graved
High on Fire
Jess and the Ancient Ones
Lo!
Monomyth
Mr.Peter Hayden
My Brother The Wind
Process of Guilt
Raketkanon
Satan’s Satyrs (tribute to Blue Cheer)
Teeth of the Sea
The Cosmic Dead
The Ocean
The Ruins of Beverast
Wo Fat

Roadburn Festival 2013 Introduces (Cul de Sac – Doors 13:00 – Start 13:45):
Duncan Evans (a.k.a. Henry Hyde Bronsdon of A Forest Of Stars)
Gold
Pet The Preacher

Saturday, April 20h – Hall of Fame (Master Class and Perfromance Clinic: 1.30 pm)
Nathan Carson

Sunday, April 21st (The Afterburner): (Lineup complete)

Astra
Diagonal
Die Kreuzen
Electric Moon
Golden Void (ft. Isaiah Mitchell of Earthless-fame)
Ihsahn
Leprous
Michael Rother Presents The Music of NEU! und Harmonia (accompanied by Berlin’s very own Camera)
Nihill
Sigh
Spiritual Beggars
Switchblade
Zodiac

I bolded a few more for you.

The Monolith Deathcult's new album is just a month away!

Here's the teaser for the opening track: Gods Amongst Insects

Featuring guest vocals by

HqGcpb9.jpg

Shockwave did it!

collecticon-shockwave-hardcore-band.jpg

Transformers + Hardcore = WIN

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnAtwR_fqx8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-O4VGTDNOs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XySa0X987yU

Check out Asphyx. Super heavy old school death metal and best death metal vocalist Martin Van Drunen!

Ah, yeah, actually forgot to bold that one :)

Any others?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom