• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Metal Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ceres

Banned
captive said:
Therion = awesome.

Therion is easily one of my favourite bands. I'm disappointed I missed Therion on their last US tour which will likely be the last. Luckily I saw them 2x the previous tour. Once at Progpower USA along with 1200 other people and again in Poughkeepsie NY along with 12 other people. So pitiful.

Looking forward to this year's Progpower.
Volbeat
Elvenking
Iced Earth
Amorphis
Riverside
Spheric Universe Experience
Jon Oliva's Pain
and a few others I don't really care about.

And the showcase got replaced by Helloween, Gamma Ray, & Manticora so that'll be awesome.

I saw someone hating on Amon Amarth...what is this? Is there no justice in a metal thread? AA puts out good album after good album after good album, so on and so forth, and I honestly think "With Oden..." is probably my favorite of theirs. The vocals are better than ever, I think. It blew me away upon release, and I've listened to it so many times since. And why the comparison to Behemoth? They're so different. I haven't seen AA live(though I've seen part of their DVD), but Behemoth put on the best live show I've ever seen, so don't take what I said the wrong way.

Also, I saw mention of In Flames. Their material up through Clayman consists of some of my favorite albums of all time, and I liked Reroute quite a bit, too. STYE and Come Clarity, though...egh. CC had a few moments, and was way better than Soundtrack, but a long shot from what they were. I've only listened to A Sense Of Purpose once, but it seems pretty similar to CC to me, though definitely with some more melodic moments, which are welcome. Honestly, at this point I doubt they'll ever return to what they were, but they released more amazing albums than most bands ever do, so I'll deal with it.

I came in the thread to post this:

Origin - Antithesis
7002CD_216.jpg

EDIT: My apologies, I meant to include a link for anyone who is unfamiliar with them. You can hear some tracks on their MySpace page.

I've been anticipating this a lot, and just got it yesterday. I'm on my third or fourth listen of the day, and it's just awesome. Seriously, anyone who's a fan of their past work needs to make sure to check it out. Definitely an awesome follow up to Echoes of Decimation.

QVT

Fair-weather, with pride!
Amon Amarth has gone to shit and when bands go to shit in the metal community they tend to get a lot of flak. I assume that this occurs in metal because the best band of all time(Death) had Chuck die while they were still getting better(or at least evolving) and now we get bands who turn into nu-metal. Amon never did that but it's been kinda blah lately. In Flames is a fucking offender, though.

Great job guys .. Thanks a lot .. I really got some really good recommendations .. Thanks again

I'll try to share some myself

Disturbed :
disturbed.jpg

3d8fea13ad5b7-14-1.jpg

One of my best bands .. And up there are their best two albums out yet.

Lamb of God :
LAMB%20OF%20GOD(Sacrament)02.JPG

coverashesly1.jpg

One of my best bands too .. I Just love this band .. They have an amazingly skilled drummer and a lot of excellent riffs .. And again there best two albums are right up there.

Blood Stain Child :
Idolator
20070822082932-bsc-ido.jpg

8d2028d1105947febf0c691od0.jpg

7feff22249fc40ceb9ed3f7sz3.jpg

A Japanese great mix of Metal and Trance .. You're looking at a great band here .. You should give them a try .. Up there are 3 equally great albums .. Pick anyone of them and enjoy.

That's is for now .. I'll post more later on.

Ceres

Banned
The latest tragedy apparently is Cryptopsy. I haven't heard the new stuff yet, though.
Someone described the new stuff as the lovechild of Incubus & Slipknot. I guess they at least didn't go the way of metalcore.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
Just wanted to mention that I am going to a few concerts in May.

Symphony X, Epica, and Into Eternity.

and DREAM THEATER and OPETH!

**SoAwesome.jpg**

Also, did anyone else goto Taste of Chaos?

Bullet for my Valentine and A7X were amazing, and this JRock band named MUCC was awesome too. Atreyu, as expected, was ass, along with some other throwaway bands.

QVT

Fair-weather, with pride!
Hint: Cryptopsy was never good to begin with. I hate them and everything they stand for. If you want technical it's Spastic Ink you want, and if you want heavy it's Death you want. There are also tons of better "technical death metal" bands out there than Cryptopsy.

Fucking Incubus and Slipknot. I bet it'll make Radio. And boy will those back album hunters be surprised.

Ceres

Banned
NameGenerated said:
Just wanted to mention that I am going to a few concerts in May.

Symphony X, Epica, and Into Eternity.
Skipping. I'm not a big SX fan and I've seen both Epica & Into Eternity a few times.
and DREAM THEATER and OPETH!
Maybe. They're playing nearby so it's finally a concert I don't have to travel 3 hrs or more for this year.

Concert wise I have these lined up so far:
Pagan Fest w/ Ensiferum, Turisas, & Tyr (Montreal)
Nightwish (Poughkeepsie)
Progpower USA (Atlanta)
Possibly seeing Amorphis tour (even though they're playing PP) because of fucking Virgin Black!!!!!!

Really pissed I probably won't be able to go:
Kamelot & Edguy

I'm getting married this year. I've got an extremely limited amount of vacation time so shows 3 hrs away on weekdays are pretty much out of the question.

Ceres

Banned
fistfulofmetal said:
The first album you list there is pretty bad. That bad died when Jari left.

Yeah, Victory Songs is their weakest album. Their S/T is my favorite though Iron is awesome as well. I have never been able to get into it. I'm still hoping they're good live. Though Turisas & Tyr are worth the concert already.

QVT said:
Hint: Cryptopsy was never good to begin with. I hate them and everything they stand for. If you want technical it's Spastic Ink you want, and if you want heavy it's Death you want. There are also tons of better "technical death metal" bands out there than Cryptopsy.

i've always hated Flo Mounier's stupid 2 feet blast beats. fucking terrible.
single feet blast beats=godly

but None So Vile was so good....Spastic Ink's "Ink Complete" was so good and quirky that it became total nerdom. I love it. :lol

ElyrionX

So I bought Therion's Gothic Kabbalah and Lemuria some time back and listened to the first couple of songs and didn't like them too much and they've been sitting idle in my iPod ever since.

But today, while bored at work, I gave it another shot and it's been quite a pleasant surprise. The band plays some really nice epic and operatic metal. A little similar to Rhapsody but not as heavy. I don't really like the female vocalist though.

Phobophile

A scientist and gentleman in the manner of Batman.
QVT said:

Fucking Incubus and Slipknot. I bet it'll make Radio. And boy will those back album hunters be surprised.

SI is boring nerd tech wank and Death is good for what it is. I'll take None So Vile (really Cryptopsy's only truly stand-out album) over them any day. Though album-for-album, Chuck put out a much better discography than Cryptopsy had and obviously now every will.

Has anyone actually heard the new tracks? Holy shit, normally don't drop the N-bomb... but it sounds like nu-metal. There's still a big hardcore component, but there's shitty downtuned bass grooves, Flo's busting out hip hop beats on the drums; it's like if Korn started to try to play metalcore.

Baker

Banned
Does someone want to teach me the ways of Opeth?

I randomly purchased Damnation, Orchid, and Morningrise a couple years ago but never really put into effort into them. After recently picking up The Roundhouse Tapes, I realized that absolutely love this band. I've been listening to them pretty much exclusively for the past month.

Is it safe to just purchase all their remaining albums, or are there a few I should focus on first?

Chibrou

Baker said:

I randomly purchased Damnation, Orchid, and Morningrise a couple years ago but never really put into effort into them. After recently picking up The Roundhouse Tapes, I realized that absolutely love this band. I've been listening to them pretty much exclusively for the past month.

Is it safe to just purchase all their remaining albums, or are there a few I should focus on first?

The right answer is "blackwater park".

(and the second one is "deliverance")

Phobophile

Chibrou said:
The right answer is "blackwater park".

(and the second one is "deliverance")

No, the correct answers are Still Life and My Arms, Your Hearse. But if you like Damnation and the Roundhouse Tapes, chances are you'll love the band's entire discography so you can't go wrong with any of them.

Baker

Banned
^^ Haha, thanks.

I guess it's just safe to buy everything else. I like their "metal-er" stuff and also Damnation. It's a great after work nap album.

Phobophile

Baker said:
^^ Haha, thanks.

I guess it's just safe to buy everything else. I like their "metal-er" stuff and also Damnation. It's a great after work nap album.

Well if you like their more metal stuff, then you definitely can't go wrong with Still Life and My Arms, Your Hearse.

Ceres

Banned
ElyrionX said:
So I bought Therion's Gothic Kabbalah and Lemuria some time back and listened to the first couple of songs and didn't like them too much and they've been sitting idle in my iPod ever since.

But today, while bored at work, I gave it another shot and it's been quite a pleasant surprise. The band plays some really nice epic and operatic metal. A little similar to Rhapsody but not as heavy. I don't really like the female vocalist though.

Listen to Sirius B. Kali Yuga Part 1 & 2, Son of the Sun, Vorage of Gurdjieff, and Blood of Kingu are all amazing songs. They're predominantly male vocals/male choir singing with some female choir singing.
After that, I'd go with Secret of the Ruins. I just love songs like Schwarzalbenheim, Muspelheim & Ginnungagap.

Ravager61

Phobophile said:
Has anyone actually heard the new tracks? Holy shit, normally don't drop the N-bomb... but it sounds like nu-metal. There's still a big hardcore component, but there's shitty downtuned bass grooves, Flo's busting out hip hop beats on the drums; it's like if Korn started to try to play metalcore.

Yeah, the new songs are absolute garbage. Theres an interview with Flo on Blabbermouth where he attempts to defend the bands new direction but its hard to defend selling out THAT much. Ill probably be seeing them live this summer on Summer Slaughter and im not too excited about it.

Des0lar

will learn eventually
metalmania4evr said:
Ensiferum: Victory Songs
http://candlelightrecordsusa.com/store/images/Ensiferum-VictorySongsmyspace.JPG[IMG]

Turisas:The Varangian Way
[IMG]http://iup.in/img/guest/turisas.jpg[IMG]

Tyr: Ragnarok
[IMG]http://www.tyr.net/myndir/ragnarok/tyr_rr_cover.jpg[IMG]

Wintersun
[IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k228/Hennett/wintersun.jpg[IMG]

Kalmah: Swamplord
[IMG]http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x18/atsoyat/Swamplord.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

You sir, have good music taste

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
Baker said:

Go this way Blackwater park -> Ghost Reveries -> Still Life(an absolute must) -> Deliverance -> My Arms Your Hearse -> Orchid/Morningrise. With Damnation sprinkled in anywhere in there since it is all "acoustic."

There older stuff is harder to get into, yet still equally as awesome as their newer stuff, imo of course.

Opeth is amazing, i never get tired of their music.

Elyrionx said:

Sirius B/Lemuria, Vovin, Secrete of the Runes, Crowning of Atlantis.

In addition to what the poster above said, check out Summer Night city, Clavicula Nox(there are two versions one with female vocals and one with male, i forget which has the male vocals.) Check out Via Nocturna Part 1 & 2 i love the instruments on this one.
IMO all their best songs have female vox not to mention a good majority of their songs have female vox so ymmv with Therion if you dont like the female vocals.

I love Therion and Opeth, glad to see this thread finally get some representation of them both.

Phobophile

captive said:
Go this way Blackwater park -> Ghost Reveries -> Still Life(an absolute must) -> Deliverance -> My Arms Your Hearse -> Orchid/Morningrise. With Damnation sprinkled in anywhere in there since it is all "acoustic."

There older stuff is harder to get into, yet still equally as awesome as their newer stuff, imo of course.

Opeth is amazing, i never get tired of their music.

Their older albums are far from inaccessible, especially if you can tolerate Ghost Reveries. They're much more rewarding albums as they were written before they ran out of good songwriting and when their style was pretty fresh and not trite and derivative. To say that the band sold out would be wrong; although they have made their sound a bit more accessible, it's really their songwriting that's lost its luster.

captive

Phobophile said:
Their older albums are far from inaccessible, especially if you can tolerate Ghost Reveries. They're much more rewarding albums as they were written before they ran out of good songwriting and when their style was pretty fresh and not trite and derivative. To say that the band sold out would be wrong; although they have made their sound a bit more accessible, it's really their songwriting that's lost its luster.
I disagree(and really you did kind of contradict yourself by saying that they made themselves more accessible but their older stuff is still accessible). If you put on Black Rose immortal or Night and the Silent water 15+ minute songs for someone who has never heard Opeth they may be turned off by that. But once someone is used to the idea of Opeth with blackwater park and Still Life then they can appreciate more their older stuff from Orchid and Morningrise.
Personally i wouldnt recomend anything past Still Life or My Arms Your Hearse for someone who has never heard Opeth, but especially since he said he never got into the early albums he bought like Orchid and Morningrise.

I disagree that they lost their good song writing, i hear the same Opeth(with a newer sound) in Ghost Reveries in songs like Ghost of Perdition, Reverie/Harlequin forest, Grand Conjuration.
Also Windowpane imo is one of their best "acoustic" songs they have done which was written more recently than not.

The fact that we disagree though is a testament to the their music and how good it really is .

Baker

Banned
captive said:
but especially since he said he never got into the early albums he bought like Orchid and Morningrise.

I didn't say that. I heard one of their songs on XM a couple years ago and bought Orchid, Morningrise, and Damnation. I just never got around to sitting down and really listening to them until recently though.

After looking at wikipedia, I see Orchid and Morningrise were their first two albums. I love those, so what's the problem? 15 minute songs don't bother me.

Dina

Baker said:

I love Ghost Reveries a lot. Worth picking up for Beneath the Mire / The Grand Conjuration / Reverie/Harlequin Forest and The Baying Of The Hounds.

Ceres

Banned
captive said:
IMO all their best songs have female vox not to mention a good majority of their songs have female vox so ymmv with Therion if you dont like the female vocals.
I'm assuming he's referring to Gothic Kabbalah as that has more traditional vocals over their other recent albums since he seemed to not like a specific vocalist. I absolutely love ALL of Gothic Kabbalah and it was easily my top album of 2007 from the beginning with no one being able to trump it. Trul & The Falling Stone are absolutely wonderful. And both Snowy & Mats Leven were amazing. I was so upset I couldn't see them on the last tour because I really wanted to see the new live show they had going. One of these days I will make the trip to Europe to see these guys the way they normally perform live (as opposed to going as low budget as possible because the US sucks when it comes to supporting this type of music).

If you like Therion, give Haggard a try. It's more of a melding of classical music & metal (w/ death vox) all into one but with each style having their own defined parts. Awaking the Centuries & Eppur Si Muove are simply amazing albums from beginning to end. The new album was supposed to be released last year but the guy ended up scrapping it because he didn't like the final product. Hopefully it's being released sometime soon.
If you want specific songs, Awaking the Centuries, The Observer, Eppur Si Muove, Per Aspera Ad Astra, In a Fullmoon Procession, Prophecy Fulfilled, The Day As Heaven Wept, De La Mortre Noire, A Midnight Gathering, Heavenly Damnation, & The Final Victory.

captive

Ceres said:
I'm assuming he's referring to Gothic Kabbalah as that has more traditional vocals over their other recent albums since he seemed to not like a specific vocalist. I absolutely love ALL of Gothic Kabbalah and it was easily my top album of 2007 from the beginning with no one being able to trump it. Trul & The Falling Stone are absolutely wonderful. And both Snowy & Mats Leven were amazing. I was so upset I couldn't see them on the last tour because I really wanted to see the new live show they had going. One of these days I will make the trip to Europe to see these guys the way they normally perform live (as opposed to going as low budget as possible because the US sucks when it comes to supporting this type of music).
Yea i suppose i should have prefaced my statement with that my experience with Therion is limited only to Theli, Secret of the Runes, Crowning of Atlantis, Vovin, Sirius B/Lemuria. I couldnt really get into their much older stuff.

If you like Therion, give Haggard a try. It's more of a melding of classical music & metal (w/ death vox) all into one but with each style having their own defined parts. Awaking the Centuries & Eppur Si Muove are simply amazing albums from beginning to end. The new album was supposed to be released last year but the guy ended up scrapping it because he didn't like the final product. Hopefully it's being released sometime soon.
If you want specific songs, Awaking the Centuries, The Observer, Eppur Si Muove, Per Aspera Ad Astra, In a Fullmoon Procession, Prophecy Fulfilled, The Day As Heaven Wept, De La Mortre Noire, A Midnight Gathering, Heavenly Damnation, & The Final Victory.
Yea, Pandora keeps playing Awaking the Centuries, this song rocks so im definitely going to pick up some Haggard.

Phobophile

captive said:
I disagree(and really you did kind of contradict yourself by saying that they made themselves more accessible but their older stuff is still accessible). If you put on Black Rose immortal or Night and the Silent water 15+ minute songs for someone who has never heard Opeth they may be turned off by that. But once someone is used to the idea of Opeth with blackwater park and Still Life then they can appreciate more their older stuff from Orchid and Morningrise.
Personally i wouldnt recomend anything past Still Life or My Arms Your Hearse for someone who has never heard Opeth, but especially since he said he never got into the early albums he bought like Orchid and Morningrise.

I disagree that they lost their good song writing, i hear the same Opeth(with a newer sound) in Ghost Reveries in songs like Ghost of Perdition, Reverie/Harlequin forest, Grand Conjuration.
Also Windowpane imo is one of their best "acoustic" songs they have done which was written more recently than not.

The fact that we disagree though is a testament to the their music and how good it really is .

How is it a contradiction? Their early works were easy listening and their newer stuff's even easier listening. If the listener can't handle 10 minute songs in metal then get the fuck out and go back to listening to Black Dahlia Murder. And considering Baker already heard 3 Opeth albums, I went and recommended their best among the ones he hadn't heard.

And the fact that you hear the same songwriting in Ghost Reveries is my point. The music's been rehashed and no longer fresh. It's become trite. Some people and artists need to recognize that putting out the same album for too long just isn't good (see Iron Maiden).

Ceres

Banned
captive said:
Yea i suppose i should have prefaced my statement with that my experience with Therion is limited only to Theli, Secret of the Runes, Crowning of Atlantis, Vovin, Sirius B/Lemuria. I couldnt really get into their much older stuff.
You haven't listened to Gothic Kabbalah? It's their latest (from January 2007). It's a departure from Theli/Secret of the Runes/Vovin/etc so a lot of people didn't really take to it at first but give it time. And yeah, I'm also not into their really early material.

captive said:
Yea, Pandora keeps playing Awaking the Centuries, this song rocks so im definitely going to pick up some Haggard.

Start with the Awaking the Centuries album then. I think Eppur Si Muove is better overall but AtC is a good starting point as well. While And Thou Shalt Trust the Seer is an amazing album, the quality of the recording isn't as good compared to all the other two. Tales of Ithiria NEEDS to be released soon. Thus far, each album has been better than the previous so this should be amazing.

all this Opeth talk...nothing touches their first 2 albums. MAYH was the start of their new direction and i think Blackwater Park was actually the best album after MAYH. I just think their first two albums (Orchid and Morningrise) are more hooky and memorable.

I've seen them a couple times, first time on their first US appearance i think around MAYH/Still Life era. Fucking unbelievable, pitch perfect sound, not one mistake. I even got to interview Mikael Akerfeldt for my show. Very nice guy and down to earth.

Phobophile

Giant Robot said:
all this Opeth talk...nothing touches their first 2 albums. MAYH was the start of their new direction and i think Blackwater Park was actually the best album after MAYH. I just think their first two albums (Orchid and Morningrise) are more hooky and memorable.

The band was never the same after Lopez left. The amazing basswork left with him.

captive

Phobophile said:
How is it a contradiction? Their early works were easy listening and their newer stuff's even easier listening. If the listener can't handle 10 minute songs in metal then get the fuck out and go back to listening to Black Dahlia Murder.
Sorry Opeth is far from easy listening. Maybe your so hardcore and l33t or whatever that its like elevator music to you, but Opeth is not easy listening.
I never said 10 minute songs i said 15 plus minute songs. and the 20+ minute songs on Orchid and Morningrise that when i first heard said this is annoying.
Two of my favorite songs in metal are Rime of the Ancient Mariner and Dantes inferno both 13 minutes or longer.

Whats with the huge attitude anyway, we all like metal no need to be dicks to each other.

And considering Baker already heard 3 Opeth albums, I went and recommended their best among the ones he hadn't heard..
Yea and you ignored what he said, he said "i never really put much effort into them."
Part of recommending music to people is actually listening to what they say and then recommending something to their tastes. Not what you think they should like and listen to first.

And yes you did contradict yourself you said:
Their older albums are far from inaccessible, ...although they have made their sound a bit more accessible,.

Linkin Parker said:
Great job guys .. Thanks a lot .. I really got some really good recommendations .. Thanks again

I'll try to share some myself

Disturbed :
disturbed.jpg

3d8fea13ad5b7-14-1.jpg

One of my best bands .. And up there are their best two albums out yet.

Lamb of God :
LAMB%20OF%20GOD(Sacrament)02.JPG

coverashesly1.jpg

One of my best bands too .. I Just love this band .. They have an amazingly skilled drummer and a lot of excellent riffs .. And again there best two albums are right up there.

:lol :lol

Let me recommend to YOU a beverage I like a lot. Not sure if you've heard of it or not...

2cegtg9.jpg

Phobophile

captive said:
And yes you did contradict yourself you said:

Dude that's not a contradiction. It's like saying "this candy is sweet and they made it even sweeter."

Baker

Banned
captive said:
Yea and you ignored what he said, he said "i never really put much effort into them."
Part of recommending music to people is actually listening to what they say and then recommending something to their tastes. Not what you think they should like and listen to first. :

Actually, Phobo is right on this one man, so you guys can stop arguing.

"...[N]ever really put much effort" did not mean "I listened a couple times and couldn't get into it." It means I physically just never really sat down and listened to the songs and paid full attention.

Once I did, I was all "why the fuck haven't I been listening to these dudes all the time?"

captive

Phobophile said:
The band was never the same after Lopez left. The amazing basswork left with him.
Ok. See this is what a i dont get. First Lopez played the drums, not bass. Mendez is the bassist they got during(and still have) My Arms Your Hearse however, Akerfeldt played bass on My Arms Your Hearse.

Did you mean Lopez the drummer? Im confused cause you said bass work but said the drummers name. But what do you mean the band was never the same after Lopez left, Lopez was the drummer for Ghost Reveries. He left during a tour, but officially left after Ghost Reveries was done.

Phobofile said:
Dude that's not a contradiction. It's like saying "this candy is sweet and they made it even sweeter."
Fine
Baker said:
Actually, Phobo is right on this one man, so you guys can stop arguing.

"...[N]ever really put much effort" did not mean "I listened a couple times and couldn't get into it." It means I physically just never really sat down and listened to the songs and paid full attention.

Once I did, I was all "why the fuck haven't I been listening to these dudes all the time?"
We all started somewhere.

Phobophile

captive said:
Ok. See this is what a i dont get. First Lopez played the drums, not bass. Mendez is the bassist they got during(and still have) My Arms Your Hearse however, Akerfeldt played bass on My Arms Your Hearse.

Did you mean Lopez the drummer? Im confused cause you said bass work but said the drummers name. But what do you mean the band was never the same after Lopez left, Lopez was the drummer for Ghost Reveries. He left during a tour, but officially left after Ghost Reveries was done.

Yup, I got the line up confused, sorry. I miss their first bassist. He was able to pull off all the beautiful bass leads and countermelodies found on Morningrise.

Baker

Banned
captive said:
We all started somewhere.

I also feel the need to clarify that I am a metalhead (mainly thrash and death). It's not like I was at Blink 182 concert and was all "lolz guys Opeth who?"

Also, drummers have a bass drum. It's kind of important in metal :D

Phobophile said:
Yup, I got the line up confused, sorry. I miss their first bassist. He was able to pull off all the beautiful bass leads and countermelodies found on Morningrise.

Ah, I had you covered man. You didn't have to admit you were wrong.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
Des0lar said:
Everyone who is missing paganfest on purpose shall be slaughtered by Thor's mighty hammer.
I could go, but I don't really know any of the bands playing there. Ensiferum I have heard of because of Wintersun and...that's it.

I am, however, going to Kamelot and Edguy in October. Gonna be sooooo awesome.

captive

Phobophile said:
Ah ok. There are some nice bass lines in Morningrise. I love To Bid You Farewell.

Baker said:
Also, drummers have a bass drum. It's kind of important in metal :D
Smartass. :lol

Baker said:
I also feel the need to clarify that I am a metalhead (mainly thrash and death). It's not like I was at Blink 182 concert and was all "lolz guys Opeth who?"
Someone who has bought and even heard of Opeth isnt someone who went to Blink 182 and then said "lolz guys Opeth who?"
;-)

Ecrofirt

Eh, I'm not a big Tyr fan. I borrowed Ragnarok from my friend today, and the album is meh. That video doesn't do much for me either.

Phobophile

Ecrofirt said:
Eh, I'm not a big Tyr fan. I borrowed Ragnarok from my friend today, and the album is meh. That video doesn't do much for me either.

Ragnarok sucked. They have a terribly inconsistent discography. Their first album was terrible, Eric the Red was amazing, and Ragnarok's pretty forgettable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom