• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The New and Improved Cricket Thread© - Now Roadblock Free!

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
What's with them checking every wicket for no balls nowadays? Getting beyond a joke.

Dunno but it's pretty bullshit considering how fucking far back Harris was on that wicket. That's the 4th or 5th one this test. Commentary where going on about how good India where for getting 0 no balls in Aus 600+ but didn't once mention the bullshit checking.

Grug

I see that you're recruiting him to expand your circle jerk.

I see you are still incapable of lightening up and enjoying a little innocent joke.

Even though that was more bad batting by Sehwag rather than good bowling, it is good to see Lyon getting a chance to show what he can do in a series which has been essentially a celebration of pace bowling.

artist

Banned
I see you are still incapable of lightening up and enjoying a little joke.
Clearly it was intended for a reason, no joke.

Good to see Lyon getting a chance to show what he can do in a series which has been essentially a celebration of pace bowling.
Yeah, clearly he foxed Sehwag there. Sehwag was totally bamboozled with that rank high full toss, oh wait! :D

Lyon's only genuine wicket so far is Laxman.

Grug

Yeah, clearly he foxed Sehwag there. Sehwag was totally bamboozled with that rank high full toss, oh wait! :D.

My clarifying edit beat your post.

Also notice that I wasn't complementing Lyon's performance - just that he is getting a chance. I'm on record earlier in this thread as stating how I am yet to be impressed by him.

Dial back the snarkiness bra, it's making you see things that aren't there.

Grug

Sooo angsty.

Has the fact that you seem to be involved in multiple fronts of verbal stoushes with cricket fans from multiple nationalities ever given you pause for thought that your attitude leads to unnecessary conflict?

Especially as everyone else seems to be getting along fine. Sure it's possible that everyone else is a bunch of circle-jerking dingos (do they have dingos in Pakistan?), but there seems to be a more statistically likely possibility.

I wonder what William of Ockham and his razor would surmise...

artist

Banned
Has the fact that you seem to be involved in multiple fronts of verbal stoushes with cricket fans from multiple nationalities ever given you pause for thought that your attitude leads to unnecessary conflict?
Please dont even try to turn this into an unnecessary nationality hate. I keep appreciating Australian cricket all through the series, just not your trolls. The other troll-in-recruitment was born out of the India-Pakistan hate that is normally present is most sub-continent population, prior to that I have had ZERO posts against Pakistan. Even now I dont hate Pakistan one bit, it just gives me immense pleasure to make this troll, roll in his bed. Zapages, as you probably already know is one big massive joke character.

Irfan do you argue a lot in really life too?
Nah. I just dont take it lying down.

jambo

Please dont even try to turn this into an unnecessary nationality hate?

When did he do this?

What's with all the arguing in this thread? Why can't we just discuss and appreciate cricket? Discussion and debate is good, but not arguing that just boils down to people calling other people trolls.

Also, I hope that India can bat all the way through the last session and in to tomorrow. Would be awesome to see a good chase.

Rezbit

What the fuck at that no-ball check. This is getting VERY dodgy, umps. Only a fraction of his foot was even over the line :|

Grug

It looked like he was trying to suggest that I have an issue with people hailing from "multiple" nationalities, when I dont.

As jambo's post indicated... I did no such thing. I was pointing out that you seem to be getting into arguments with various groups of supporters... so much that it can no longer be seen as a coincidence.

Anyway... back to cricket. Congrats to Dravid for managing to not get bowled this time. :p

Rezbit

Aw Sachin :( Bummer to see him get out, was hoping for that hundredth hundred.

Congrats to Lyon though for getting a biggie.

Grug

Not making any conclusions here, but I'd like to see a count of how many wickets have been referred for the no-ball for Australia and India separately. It feels lopsided.

Is Satchin still in the ODI team? Could still get that 100th ton over here.

beast786

Not making any conclusions here, but I'd like to see a count of how many wickets have been referred for the no-ball for Australia and India separately. It feels lopsided.

Is Satchin still in the ODI team? Could still get that 100th ton over here.

he made himself available for ODI

artist

Banned
Because only Australia have bowled no-balls in 4 days so far?

artist

Banned
Looks like Dharmasena wants to give Aleem Dar a run for his money for bad decisions. I think umpiring quality went down as the series went on.

artist

Banned
so since the adelaide deck is as flat as they come.....now the Indians are complaining about sledging :p
You are imagining things. No one is complaining, it was obvious Kohli would be at the post day's play conference with the media considering he just got his maiden century. He got asked what the hoopla was about when he was in the 90s and he said it like it is. What else did you want him to say? That Cowan wanted some batting tips? It also made his celebratory gestures on getting his hundred even more satisfactory - maiden ton and all that, his name was also on the chopping block.

5whOe.jpg

DI3hr.jpg

What a run out!

Top Bottom