• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The New and Improved Cricket Thread© - Now Roadblock Free!

artist

Banned
I bet Clarke's goal is not 600 but rather to prolong as much time as the tail can wag - let the heat take its toll on Sehwag/Gambhir.

Dead Man

lol, you'll never rate him as a captain at this rate. What more could he do?

Anyway, setting the over/under at 700. I'm going over.

Having thought about it some more, his declaration in Sydney impressed me, maybe he is not a lost cause. A good captain to me is above and before all else tough, and smart, and aggressive. I don't think I will ever like him, but he may be a good captain eventually.

Grug

Would certainly not discount the possibility of a draw here.

Looks like another Adelaide road to me. Sure India are two down but both wickets were kinda freak dismissals, not the result of good bowling on a tricky pitch.

20 wickets is going to be a big ask.

tri_willy

read an article on foxsports (not sure on its reliability) suggesting that paine may be done as a wicketkeeper, looks like "awesome news" for braddin

Zimbabwe vs canada would give more interesting to watch. We need this kind of team to play more. Kenya too.Tikolo and odoyo were awesome. I wish they would have won the semifinal in 2003.

Grug

Sehwag's was a freak dismissal but Dravid's was not, it was good bowling and an effort ball from Hilfenhaus.

Every ball from Hilfenhaus is an effort ball, but I doubt he was thinking "I'll just bounce this one off Dravid's elbow and deflect it into the stumps".

Regardless, returning to my original point, a draw is very much on the cards on this weekend. Seen it before in Adelaide. If Sachin can make a stand today and get some support up the other end, 20 wickets could be hard graft.

Our bowlers have been heroic this series, but they're going to have to lift again.

Grug

Happy Australia day by the way CricketGAF.

Doing our best to host a barbecue today in the middle of a Brisbane monsoon.

Speaking of Australia Day...

Australian cricketer Ricky Ponting is among the Tasmanians awarded the state's top Australia Day honours.

Ponting has been awarded an Order of Australia for his distinguished service to the sport of cricket and for the establishment of the Ponting foundation.

Onya Rick.

read an article on foxsports (not sure on its reliability) suggesting that paine may be done as a wicketkeeper, looks like "awesome news" for braddin

Was that the article with Rodney Hogg's comments up the other day before the test? I watched that Inside Cricket episode and all it was was Rod's opinion that he is finished.

If this is a different article with quotes from Paine, then I havent seen it yet.

He's a bloody good batsman, but I dont think he would make it to AUstralian team on his batting on its own.

Grug said:
Happy Australia day by the way CricketGAF.

Doing our best to host a barbecue today in the middle of a Brisbane monsoon.

Happy Australia day to you Grug, Im about half an hour away from heading into the cricket for the thrid time this test. Hopefully we get to see Tendulkar bat
twice
today.

edit: hahahahahah Tendulkar out. Hopefully I wont miss his second bat later on this afternoon!

Grug

That's it Hilf. Give him a serve.

He's been doing it all series.

EDIT: I was unaware that it is Indian Republic Day as well. Happy Indian Republic Day!

Grug

If Sachin can make a stand today and get some support up the other end, 20 wickets could be hard graft.

Hmm, wasn't to be. Really wouldn't have minded the 100th Sachin ton happening in this match.

Wasn't a particularly brilliant ball that. Just correct line and length. Old school Sachin would have handled that with ease.

Fuckin hell. It's going to be a third innings defeat this series, kinda like the last Ashes except Australia is on the other end.

It's like India are minnows here. No conviction, no top order what so ever, and a timid bowling attack.

artist

Banned
Zimbabwe vs canada would give more interesting to watch. We need this kind of team to play more. Kenya too.Tikolo and odoyo were awesome. I wish they would have won the semifinal in 2003.
The best thing about the '03 WC was South Africa was beat out to the Super sixes by Kenya and SA couldnt even play the play offs. <3

SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDLLLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I leaveing now!

Grug

Hard IMO to heap praise on any one bowler.

This series has been about the bowling attack working as a unit. Building pressure. They've all had a feast of wickets as a result.

Fucking love the Siddler though. He is guts personified. Second coming of Big Merv.

artist

Banned
I agree with what Taylor said, Siddle broke through and then the others joined in on the feast. Its a team effort yeah but I doubt the effect would have been the same had he not broken through.

He's like the Warner's version in terms of bowling - takes the initiative away from opposition.

beast786

This has to be the worst stretch in recent cricket history for non minnows team out of sub-continent.

Especially for current World Champions.

As per Pakistan vs England. Love the way the brits game with fight. Hopefully we can drag this to 300 runs. And then cross our fingers.

Top Bottom