• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The New and Improved Cricket Thread© - Now Roadblock Free!

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
That's the thing though, do we even care?

Which is kind of why I feel like T20I is such a nothing thing because we hardly ever played it.

Good game by India. We still lack a big hitter though. Should have scored 200+ in both matches. Hopefully Yuvraj gets a chance on Sunday and proves he is back.

hamchan

I don't think Cricket Australia cares that much for international T20, especially for this series. Our two best batsman already left to get ready for NZ and the selectors are clearly just experimenting with lineups for the World T20.

Out of all the big countries that play cricket Australia is ranked near the bottom for T20 while always being highly ranked in tests and one days.

Also nvm about Bailey in the third T20i because he's going off to NZ on Sunday before the match. Lol I guess put Travis Head back in because everyone better has already left or doing something else.

Looks like Khawaja is in the match too now.

I couldn't give a flying fuck about T20 cricket. I'm glad Australia don't take it seriously. But I guess at what point do we have to start taking it seriously? It's not like it's going to go away any time soon.

hamchan

So Michael Clarke announced he's making a comeback. I guess it was only his injuries that forced him to retire. If that's feeling better then sure, I'm all for him coming back.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Glenn Maxwell is such an odd case.

Despite him winning Australia t20 player of the year previously I seriously feel that he's ok at best in the format, but people keep thinking t20 is his format despite him being a much better odi and first class player for quite a few years now.

t20 is not a good a proper cricket. it is most of the time blind hitting. test cricket is only true cricket.

this does not mean this can't be more fun to watch but as a test of skills and team t20 does not do anything.

England dominating big time.

Also lol at Australian board. They sent Warner, Smith early to NZ, and lost T20 at home 3-0. Now they lost the first match terribly. What were they thinking? They don't even take ODIs seriously now?

mclem

There's something delightful about losing the signal on TMS so it's left with someone just watching it on telly and talking through what's happening.

Browny

Banned
Is this where we celebrate our lord and saviour Sir Jos of Buttler?

In all seriousness, this should be a cracking game. It's nice that the 50 over game has evolved nicely over the past 5 or 6 years, after some fairly average and uninteresting periods. I'm sure a lot has to do with the mindset of the batsmen, but there are some cracking wickets being prepared too.

Poor Misbah, doomed to carry teams on his own back no matter where he plays.

At least the motorway being gridlocked means I can sit here watching the stream on youtube

akileese

Khawaja and Warner set up a perfect platform and everyone else is throwing it away.

Marsh has done alright but he really benefited from having Warner there. Interesting to see how he holds up now but so far so good.

I'd like to add that it's 1:30am central time and I've been drinking like a sailor since 8pm. With that said, in my tired and incredibly drunk state, even I could tell Warner should have been out straight away. It was pitched middle lol.

Also holy shit what a catch.

Top Bottom