• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The New and Improved Cricket Thread© - Now Roadblock Free!

bomma_man

Am I the only one annoyed that foxtel locked up the exclusive right for this series?

Argh, I hate foxtel so much.

Yeah I was thinking the other day that this would be perfect for free to air, given time zones and such. Maybe international series are just a package deal.

You have to give him props for modifying his technique to almost completely eliminate risk. He rarely plays a bad shot until he is trying to force the pace at the end of the innings.

I think there's 2-3 tests coming up in Sri Lanka then another six vs. SL again and Pakistan next summer, he should boss all of those and might not go much further than that. Where he stands? He'll probably never play in India or even SA so he'll possibly be viewed as a statistical anomaly that made the very best of his opportunity, a very good player, but not a true great.

so Happy for SA. Awesome job. Amla is getting back to form. Ab is best of the generation. Bowling is getting better. New players are awesome. Good news. Hope they continue doing better. They did not have very good last few months.

kmag

England lose the 5 game ODI series to South Africa after being in a strong 2-0 position.

Well done England.

Outside of Hales and Root, it's like the entire batting line up is on Ritalin. It's all very well being aggressive, but they're continuing to play the same way regardless of loss of wickets. Buoyed up no doubt by the 'deep' batting line up but there never seems to be a point where they think christ we've lost 7 wickets here and there's still 24 overs to bat, we'd actually score more with 20 overs of safe nurdling and then a dash than we will by swinging at everything and getting out.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Really satisfying win, and great to see that we can do it overseas, even though we had the best of the conditions and luck.

Dizzan

MINI Member
As an Aussie, I have to congratulate McCullum. What a sensational knock and he seems like a top bloke. Props to an extremely entertaining career.

Love it, perfect send off for him. As someone who has followed his entire career I knew it was either gonna be out for nothing or some sort of record lol.

Really happy it was the good one. :D

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Disappointing bowling from NZ really. Even accounting the bowl first advantage Aus got, the fact that NZ resorted to negative legside bouncers (did wagner even bowl 1 full one?) so early on is pretty disappointing for having 2 great swing bowlers in the side.

Apparently the T20 world cup won't be shown on TV at all in Australia, pay tv or free to air. Star sports asking crazy money for the rights!

hamchan

Apparently the T20 world cup won't be shown on TV at all in Australia, pay tv or free to air. Star sports asking crazy money for the rights!

Whaaaaat that kinda sucks. Hopefully it's free on Star Sports so everyone can just go to their website with the DNS and VPNs and watch it..

Ugh, great ODI series win the other week but followed by a poor test series from us. Taylor was missed with the bat but I doubt he would've made that much of a difference when our bowlers couldn't pick up wickets. The bowling attack has really turned to shit since Shane Bond quit, especially Southee.

17 year old Arjun Nair is going to make his debut for NSW in the shield today. Red hot young fast off-spinner with plenty of talent with the bat.

Edit: Got 2 for

Hilfy has had to retire from first class cricket as well.

Siddle out with stress fractures in his back, probably the end.

hamchan

So uh, has the standard of international T20 been set with this high 83 all out score for Pakistan and 2/2 an over in from India.

what a miserable performance by pakistan once again. 2 no balls in the penultimate over by sami won it for bangladesh. amir must have hooked him up with his punter.

Martin Crowe has passed away :(

Just read it. He was so awesome. Sad.

120100.4.jpg

RIP.

Sad news but he did well to make it this long. He'd been in and out of palliative care the last time I heard Septemberish last year and he wasn't even expected to see last years world cup. He and Hadlee were the two that turned NZ from also-rans into a genuinely competitive side.

Good News!

The T20 WC will be on in Australia, all 35 games on Fox and Australia and the Finals on Channel 9. Might just have been playing hardball with Star Sports.

Now if only Australia weren't terrible at T20 cricket...

Tenebrous

Hong Kong win the toss & field against Zimbabwe.

First 200 score of the tournament incoming? Seriously, when the hell did Hong Kong get a cricket team?

Top Bottom