• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The New and Improved Cricket Thread© - Now Roadblock Free!

tbf I think Ryan Campbell has been living and playing/coaching cricket in Hong Kong for a few years now. It's not the same as guys like Tom Cooper who get a phone call a week before the tournament "I heard your gran was Dutch, fancy playing in a World Cup?" or some nonsense like that.

The qualifiers are dumb as fuck anyway, teams like Afghanistan, Scotland, Netherlands, Ireland should make the full tournaments. They've already gone through a whole qualifying tournament, only to end up in this joke of a preliminary round or whatever the fuck they're calling it.

Cdz7-bhVAAAZnVe.jpg:large

Ring field

hamchan

New Zealand sure got a lot less than I expected them too.

Poor Agar though. Put on for an over, smashed for 18 with some poor balls, never put on again.

NZ should have done better but with the way the ball turned square in NZs first game I don't have that high hopes for Australia!

Edit: Ussie seeing it like beach balls atm!

kmag

South Africa started on fire, but frankly have been terrible since the 10th over. 210-220 should be pretty chaseable here especially with the dew.

kmag

It's in the bag, may as well call it off and claim victory on Duckworth Lewis.

(I expect 4 or 5 wickets to fall in the first 3 overs.)

It's pretty easy batting on this surface against pace. England are 33-0 after 1.3 and Steyn bowling worse than Rabada.

Christ England are skooshing this. 44-0 after 2. It's pretty manageable now.

Browny

Banned
I can see the run rate staying there or thereabouts, but wickets becoming a problem around the 10th over or so. It's a big ask to have everyone (including Jordan, Rashid and WIlley, who are all more than capable to be sure) be on explosive form on the same day...

kmag

Terrible captaincy by Du Plessis, he needed to bowl Tahir out to keep the pressure on. Kept Duminy on an over too long. England cruising from here.

Terrible selection as well with the one full time spinner.

Browny

Banned
Morgan is a complete waste of space in the side. Also, it's nice that we batted all the way down to SOMEONE WHO FUCKING OPENS IN T20 MATCHES in Willey.

Top Bottom