• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The New and Improved Cricket Thread© - Now Roadblock Free!

Ydahs

Another one bites the dust! Every time I flick over to the game someone is always out. Guess I'm good luck.

Edit: You stole my line!

Grug

And thats it.

5-fa for Siddle... will be on a hatrick next innings.

Zapages said:
Ouch on England... They can now have draw of the Ashes instead of winning them...

Suits Australia just fine.

Yagharek

:lol :lol :lol

Fuck off england, next!

What an innings, total domination. Hopefully our batsmen learnt what not to do on this pitch.

mclem

RandomVince said:
Australian fielders dont claim fake catches like english captains and indian slipsmen.

Now *that's* just trolling. Particularly in light of Onions' later dismissal. He could have added a further 200 runs to our total!

Right? Right? Please?

Yagharek

mclem said:
Now *that's* just trolling. Particularly in light of Onions' later dismissal. He could have added a further 200 runs to our total!

Right? Right? Please?

It was pretty damn close, so I dont think it was a malicious appeal like Strauss' fake catch. 90mp with 2cm difference from being out or not out. He shouldnt wear arm guards next time.

edit: 14%!

edit 2: ahh fuck

mclem

Opus Angelorum said:
The BBC coverage is horrible, the web site hasn't even shown that Australia are batting.

The *coverage* is great, but they do seem to be beset with a ton of technical hitches these past few days.

Pachael

legend166 said:
That's the England I know and love.

Let's hope Australia doesn't do the same!

In many ways, I wasn't expecting a collapse this spectacular. Clark does prove that bowling wins matches!

tri_willy

wow... just fucking wow... just got back from heading out and i see the aussies killing the poms in the first innings. how clark is just playing now we will be lost for words, fucking useless hauritz :D

artist

Banned
I'm not sure why a few folks are more happy at England's dismal performance rather than the awesome performance from the Australians? :lol The aggresive start by Ponting is a good approach, dont let the foot off the accelerator. :D

Pachael

irfan said:
I'm not sure why a few folks are more happy at England's dismal performance rather than the awesome performance from the Australians? :lol The aggresive start by Ponting is a good approach, dont let the foot off the accelerator. :D

Same reason we weren't hailing Onions as the next best thing when he was doing five-for last match. Bowling performance tends to be underplayed in this series.

Grug

I see plenty of people praising the bowling efforts of Clark and Siddle.

Plenty.

50 for Punter. Boo that bitches.

mclem

irfan said:
I'm not sure why a few folks are more happy at England's dismal performance rather than the awesome performance from the Australians?

Because I was getting worried. England being crap at cricket is one of the constants in life, and when something - like the last two tests - crops up to appear to change that it leaves me scared and confused. It renders a young English cricket fan such as myself bemused, and uncertain of the nature of the world today. I couldn't leave the house for a week after 2005, the world outside was *wrong*.

Normality being restored is relaxing, and I can go back to supporting them as the underdog; this is what I'm used to, this is right, this is ordinary. And when they lose, I can just go "Tch, England, eh?", and the world is back to normal.

Grug

Unlucky decision there for Ponting. That ball did plenty and looked to be going down leg.

Got to hold this together boys.

mclem

Grug said:
Unlucky decision there for Ponting. That ball did plenty and looked to be going down leg.

Got to hold this together boys.
You guys already have the lead, to not have something very strong going into the second innings you'd need a batting collapse of... well... English proportions.

Edit: Mind you, that'd probably be an interesting stat if it happened. There can't be many historical major Tests where a full innings was completed in a day.

master15

It's really imperative these two stick out there and bat until stumps. Nothing worse if we fail to gain a big lead here after bowling performance.

Can't wait to watch the highlights :D

Grug

Clarke and North survive till stumps. Good effort.

Nice platform to build the lead further tomorrow.

Bumble says it was Australia's day.... really put his balls out there with that call. ;)

Top Bottom