• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The New and Improved Cricket Thread© - Now Roadblock Free!

legend166

mclem said:
Right, all out, England's up now. We'll show you amateurs how to do a *real* batting collapse.

LOL.

On the money so far :p

Although, we'll see if Siddle gets on a hatrick here. Only then will you be better.

tri_willy

Pachael said:
So we're going to blame the umps again and forget about the batting collapsing like cards, AGAIN?

well the aussie batting is really "forgettable" knowing how shit the majority of them were, however johnson clearly had bell plum but fucking rudi koertzen ruins yet another decision. where aussies play shit, we will not hide that fact as is when there is bad umpiring, that would be pointed out too

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
english-flag.gif

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
Do refs have to take a hearing and eye exam every month or something, strikes me odd that most international refs are oldish when those senses begin to wane.

Grug

England still a chance to win this.

Australia suspect as hell under pressure. Another batting collapse is not out of the question.

Grug

tri_willy said:
why were you fishing katich!!! whyyyyyyyyyyyy

Stupidity. We seemingly don't have the temperament to save a draw.

I won't be able to watch the conclusion tonight, but I fully expect to wake up tomorrow to hear of an English win.

Hussey and Clark + Pressure = fail.

Grug

tri_willy said:
draw appears to be looming if aussies can hold off til tea time

C'mon boys. Hold firm!

Just need to withstand the new ball for 15 overs or so and we should be able to survive.

Geez I really have to go to bed. :/

Grug

santouras said:
draw is pretty much inevitable. We'd have to have a collapse of england proportions to lose this one.

Yup, I think we've saved it from here.

Big props to Huss, Pup and Northy.

master15

Come on Grug give Clarke some props too. He was one of the few batters at Lords who applied himself in the 2nd innings and again he's stood fairly strong here once again.

Thank god we didn't collapse, because that would have been a total disaster. Looking ahead some changes have to be made.

Clarke and Lee should come back in no questions, the question remains who will miss out?

tri_willy

master15 said:
Come on Grug give Clarke some props too. He was one of the few batters at Lords who applied himself in the 2nd innings and again he's stood fairly strong here once again.

Thank god we didn't collapse, because that would have been a total disaster. Looking ahead some changes have to be made.

Clarke and Lee should come back in no questions, the question remains who will miss out?

siddle only because he hasnt been bowling tight spells. i just want hauritz out full stop. 4 man pronged pace attack!!!

I hardly know anything about test cricket 'cause I haven't watched it for long, how is this test match a draw? Don't England still have to bat again?

Sorry for the stupid question.

edbrat

tests are five days long, today was the last day to achieve a result and we didn't, so draw.

Aussies held up well in the second innings (I would expect nothing less from them) so its really still all up for grabs, I don't think there are huge gaps between the teams on paper so its down to who wants it more, who performs under pressure best, who makes the right tactical / selection calls, who gets a bit more luck than the other.

great banter between the sides with the Edgbaston crowd getting stuck in, echoes of Gillespie's treatment last time round with the Johnson and Hauritz ribbing yesterday. All good fun and goes to show why the Ashes is so special :)

anyone heard any good sledging? Only one I've heard is when Ponting said something to Strauss and Strauss just looked back and said "you're no steve waugh when it comes to sledging are you punter?" Someone must have done better than that!

Grug

master15 said:

Umm... I did. ????

Pup=Clarke.

master15

Grug said:
Umm... I did. ????

Pup=Clarke.

I was up all night and that reply came from about an hour's sleep, so sorry mate :p

Yay for the draw. Now I hope the selectors have the balls to make the right changes.

Top Bottom