• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The new iPad |OT|

jts

...hate me...
Hey Rez. Run a non-retina iPhone app! Show it in its different modes. Please :)
You can as well throw in a retina app if you wish.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Hey Rez. Run a non-retina iPhone app! Show it in its different modes. Please :)

sorry, I'm already like ten minutes late to class. If the net is covered in pictures of this thing by the time I get back, I'd be happy to.

numble

I'm off to play with an iPad at the Apple Store. No lines allowed and I didn't get an order in, but it's one subway stop away from work.

zychi

Banned
does the ipad2 smart cover fit the ipad 3?

stupid question i know, but i wont have my ipad til sat/mon and i want to order a smart cover off amazon

HoTHiTTeR

I have my iPad 2 and "new" sitting next to each other and really can't notice a difference. Apart from a colour tint difference that half us think is better on different ones.

Joke post? Jumping from the 3GS to the iP4 was night and day. This will be the same if not more so...

I have my iPad 2 and "new" sitting next to each other and really can't notice a difference. Apart from a colour tint difference that half us think is better on different ones.

hmm, I wonder how many more people will have this same feeling once these iPads hit the masses, because all i've read from media is crazy praise

regardless, I await mine next week

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
Joke post? Jumping from the 3GS to the iP4 was night and day. This will be the same if not more so...

Honestly not trying to troll. Its just my opinion (and other people looking at it currently).

Its noticeably clearly if you put your face 5cm from it. Just in general use.. not so much.

I think after using it for awhile, it will probably become noticeable when I look back at the iPad 2.

Do you need glasses?

Probably.

Honestly not trying to troll. Its just my opinion (and other people looking at it currently).

Its noticeably clearly if you put your face 5cm from it. Just in general use.. not so much.

I think after using it for awhile, it will probably become noticeable when I look back at the iPad 2.

Probably.

if you don't agree with them you will be called a troll, welcome to GAF OT threads

Flo_Evans

This is why I upgrade every other year. I still have an iPad 1 and an iPhone 4. When I get the new iPad and iPhone 5/6 whatever I expect to be blown away!

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
...so I'm the first in line at Walmart, and they are getting 5 of each SKU if word of mouth is to be trusted.

Now I need to stand here and seriously contemplate whether I want to bump up to the LTE model or not. I can dock my iPhone plan down to 3GB to save 15 bucks a month. If I can figure out a way to dock my text messaging plan that's another $20 (need to look into how What's App works...), and the Verizon 5GB plan is $50, $30 for the 2GB.

Decisions...

Pretty sure I convinced myself to go LTE at this point after having talked myself and a few of you out of it! :p

Probably.

Time to get your eyes checked. Ignore the stigma of corrective lenses, you obviously are in denial about your eyesight.

user_nat

I think the biggest plus so far is that I haven't been billed. Not even a pending charge.

Once I finish clearing off my old pad I'll see if I can get a picture to show the colour tint difference, not sure if it is normal.

sfedai0

Banned
I think the biggest plus so far is that I haven't been billed. Not even a pending charge.

Once I finish clearing off my old pad I'll see if I can get a picture to show the colour tint difference, not sure if it is normal.

I hope you get billed. Its not cool to steal from Apple.

What does this even mean? Did you not need another iPad? Why did you buy one?? I am not denying that you are underwhelmed that's your business but you are the only hands on person to say you can't see a difference.

Zeth

...so I'm the first in line at Walmart, and they are getting 5 of each SKU if word of mouth is to be trusted.

Now I need to stand here and seriously contemplate whether I want to bump up to the LTE model or not. I can dock my iPhone plan down to 3GB to save 15 bucks a month. If I can figure out a way to dock my text messaging plan that's another $20 (need to look into how What's App works...), and the Verizon 5GB plan is $50, $30 for the 2GB.

Decisions...

Pretty sure I convinced myself to go LTE at this point after having talked myself and a few of you out of it! :p

If you can afford it, get LTE. I was in a similar position in line for the iPad 2. If you care enough to wait in line for the damn thing, you might as well get the most out of it.

Decisions...

I Thought they were only getting 16gb WiFi ones at Walmart.

It's actually rather common that people deny hearing or visual disabilities. They compensate by squinting and straining their ears long before they realize there is a problem.

Are you referring to the color temperature change on the new iPad? Because I'm not a fan of that either. It's far too warm, which kinda makes the whites look yellowish.

user_nat

Are you referring to the color temperature change on the new iPad? Because I'm not a fan of that either. It's far too warm, which kinda makes the whites look yellowish.

Yup exactly that.

Not loving it, will probably make it less stressful on the eyes at night though.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
If you can afford it, get LTE. I was in a similar position in line for the iPad 2. If you care enough to wait in line for the damn thing, you might as well get the most out of it.

I'm just thinking about how amazing LTE is going to be, and the process to tether is so sketchy connection-wise...and when I'm tethered it's just AT&T. Not exactly awe inspiring, but gets the job done.

I want to go from "yeah, I can put Internet on this thing if I need to...it's functional" to "fuck your shitty wifi network, I'm LTE'ing it up!"

As a fun aside, they've got me waiting next to the standard fare of tablets to play with for the next 2 hours to remind me how awful the rest of the world is.

Time to bank a couple hours on a Kindle Fire and Nook Color to deaden my senses and have the transition back to the God-Pad be extra glorious.

Peggle doesn't run as terribly as I thought it would on the Fire, but not great either.

elfinke

Hadn't noticed this at all, though it is my first iPad. Browsing 'GAF, reading the paper, a yellow (red/magenta) tinge hadn't jumped out. I'll have a closer look after lunch.

Sean

Banned
Love how many apps are being updated ahead of the launch.

Mint, Readability, Reeder, Tweetbot, WordPress, even Microsoft apps like the Xbox Live/Halo Waypoint ones. Every time I check, new ones are approved.

Hadn't noticed this at all, though it is my first iPad. Browsing 'GAF, reading the paper, a yellow (red/magenta) tinge hadn't jumped out. I'll have a closer look after lunch.

Not having a prior iPad benefits you here. Unless of course you prefer a warmer image. There's nothing wrong with a warm color temp, I just happen to be in the group of people that prefer a cooler temp.

Ended up going with the navy cover over the red one. Mostly due to seeing a new version of Switcheasy's Canvas case, which I'd probably get in red.

user_nat

Just a quick picture to demonstrate the colour difference.

Not the great quality, since my iPad is probably the best camera I have now.

XzV9V.jpg

edit: big picture.

Top Bottom