• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The new iPad |OT|

Jill Sandwich

the turds of Optimus Prime
4:30am, there's about 30 people in the Meadowhall queue. I'm quite surprised, I thought there'd be more. Maybe it's because it's stupid o'clock and folks are waiting for sun up. Also there's roadworks on the main roundabout getting into Meadowhall sending you on a merry goose chase around Sheffield trying to find a way in!

4:30am, there's about 30 people in the Meadowhall queue. I'm quite surprised, I thought there'd be more. Maybe it's because it's stupid o'clock and folks are waiting for sun up. Also there's roadworks on the main roundabout getting into Meadowhall sending you on a merry goose chase around Sheffield trying to find a way in!
I salute you, brave warrior!

it would be hilarious if one of you guys who got it off walmart would go to an Apple store right now and start playing with your iPad 3 in front of them

Meadowhall sounds like a place your D&D party would find itself at the beginning of a quest. Are you guys drinking the famous Meadowhall dwarven ale, mayhap?

Roll a perception check please.

Michan

After no updates since Saturday, my UPS tracking finally broke.

DwF43.jpg

It ain't coming tomorrow. No way is it flying to Vancouver and then taking the ferry over and then going out for delivery in the next eight hours.

If you're in Victoria, you might not be out of luck. I ordered a Mac Mini a long time ago and saw pretty much the same as you, only to have it arrive the following morning.

fair point. i'll get that philips one posted earlier. seems nice

It will take me a bit to post impressions with the iPad 3. My iPad is arriving tomorrow but I'm leaving out of the country on Saturday and I decided to not take it.

I already have the sleeve and it's a nice, soft material.

NYR

After no updates since Saturday, my UPS tracking finally broke.

DwF43.jpg

It ain't coming tomorrow. No way is it flying to Vancouver and then taking the ferry over and then going out for delivery in the next eight hours.

iPads are shipped using UPS Express Saver shipping: Guarenteed next day delivery. Stop checking it every ten seconds. They send packages around the world in a day - your freaking tracking number even proves that, from China to Kentucky in under a day. Chill out, you're getting it tomorrow if your order says delivers march 16-20.

Zabka

I'd love to go with a naked iPad but I know I will either drop or knock the thing onto the floor at least twice a year.

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
I decided to go to Walmart to try and get a 32gb model. I'll be giving my fiancée the 16gb model that's being delivered tomorrow because I'm an awesome dude.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Canadian peeps: does anyone know if Rogers has LTE microsims yet? I can't find any info about this at all except them existing only in regular sim size

It is driving me bonkers lol

And this is after two calls with Rogers... They don't even know what they are talking about

Weenerz

Banned
Got back about a half hour ago with my Wal-mart model. They only had the 16gb black in Wifi, but that is fine. If space becomes an issue, I can resell for around $450 or so. The screen on this is astounding. Reading comics with Smash, holy shit they look so good.

NYR

I'm doing this. Might not be the best value, but it's worth it to me.

I can take it in within a certain window to have it inspected and buy it, right?

Yep, 30 days, but I would do it ASAP just in case something happens - better safe then sorry.

Yeah I've been going the naked route with my 4S, love the feel of using it without a shitty case. But with the iPad I will at least be getting some kind of carrying case, even if it's naked when I use it.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
My Walmart got 25. The only white was a 16g wifi and they were all AT&T. No Verizon's. Multiple people including myself walked away empty handed cause of that.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
You know you are a sick bastard when you consider going to Walmart to try to pick one up when you have one reserved for pickup at the Apple Store.

I am not going to do it, but I briefly considered it.

DJ88

New iPad get!

Finally got back from the Walmart launch, there were about 50 people in line, I was like around the 10th. They had a limited quantity but I got the last 32GB wifi they had.

aGl4w.jpg

27eJm.jpg

Some quick pics from my phone but I'll get better ones up in the morning.

Mashing

Damn it, my tracking hasn't updated since 5pm yesterday (it was in Memphis).

DJ88, you live in a hi-rise condo or something?

Michan

New iPad get!

Finally got back from the Walmart launch, there were about 50 people in line, I was like around the 10th. They had a limited quantity but I got the last 32GB wifi they had.

Some quick pics from my phone but I'll get better ones up in the morning.

I don't want to sound like a creeper, but where do you live? O:

My old case was just a simple, slim leather thing that had two stands – one for landscape mode and one for portrait mode. Is there anything like that out there for the new iPad? It was so convenient!

jambo

vIVvel.jpg

Picked one up at lunch time, local JBHiFi had about 100 behind the counter, grabbed on and was in and out in under 5 minutes.

Absolutely loving it, the screen is gorgeous, e-books look amazing, the camera is so much better and the dictation stuff has worked great so far!

Also, secondapps looks amazing in Safari, GAF is so pretty.

sweet hoppin on the tablet train then (probably a gen too early but it's coo)

smartcover -- i presume it's needed? poly vs. leather? scratches don't really bother me at all, do people rawdog their ipads?
Holy shit, you've never had an iPad, Astro?

You're going to cum in your fucking pants when you open Carcassonne for the first time. I can't imagine playing that game on a phone now.

Top Bottom