• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The new iPad |OT|

apple needs to stop with this yellow screen shit. or at least provide different color profiles users can switch between (cool / warm).

in my opinion, the warm looks like you're reading an old newspaper....rather than white....

ido

Well... that Wal-mart experience was terrible. No sense of order, no lines... the fucking employee's told us to "run to the front and whoever gets in line first gets them". They then told us they had 10, and really only had 5.

Good thing I had fucking friends with me:
photo.jpg

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Holy shit, you've never had an iPad, Astro?

You're going to cum in your fucking pants when you open Carcassonne for the first time. I can't imagine playing that game on a phone now.

hahah no i've resisted tablet fever until now. was going to wait for the next-gen ipad since it seems like it'll be a big bump up but all the positive buzz around this got my hyped enough. i'll be getting it mostly for board games but i'm sure i'll find other uses too :p

DJ_Lae

iPads are shipped using UPS Express Saver shipping: Guarenteed next day delivery. Stop checking it every ten seconds. They send packages around the world in a day - your freaking tracking number even proves that, from China to Kentucky in under a day. Chill out, you're getting it tomorrow if your order says delivers march 16-20.

That China to Kentucky thing is a glitch, but fair enough.

Though my Apple order now says the 19th instead of giving the original date range.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
hahah no i've resisted tablet fever until now. was going to wait for the next-gen ipad since it seems like it'll be a big bump up but all the positive buzz around this got my hyped enough. i'll be getting it mostly for board games but i'm sure i'll find other uses too :p

Never played carc on an iPhone, but it really is great on the iPad. But now you have another update to wait on. They said the retina update would be ready "in a few weeks". Yeah.

Sanjuro

I'm probably going to re-sell my iPad, but even I have a good heart. Ended up giving the final two tickets for 16GB WiFi to some other people in return for their 32GB WiFi model.

Debating sell or keep at the moment.

DJ88

Well... that Wal-mart experience was terrible. No sense of order, no lines... the fucking employee's told us to "run to the front and whoever gets in line first gets them". They then told us they had 10, and really only had 5.

photo.jpg

Wow that sucks. That's the complete opposite of the Walmart I was at. Mine had a line set up and was a pretty smooth process.

BTW everyone, THIS MOTHER FUCKING SCREEN!!!! I haven't even taken the plastic sheet off it yet and it is godly!

Zeth

photo.jpg

Wow. Fucking Walmart.

Absinthe

vIVvel.jpg

Picked one up at lunch time, local JBHiFi had about 100 behind the counter, grabbed on and was in and out in under 5 minutes.

Absolutely loving it, the screen is gorgeous, e-books look amazing, the camera is so much better and the dictation stuff has worked great so far!

Also, secondapps looks amazing in Safari, GAF is so pretty.

If you or someone else can, please load a full page of the high-res PC screenshot thread within secondapps, on the 100 post setting.

I'm wondering if the iPad 3 can load all the screens and not crash like my iPad 1 would.

With 1gb of ram I'm excited to finally browse that thread on the gorgeous retina screen.

ido

Wow. Fucking Walmart.

It was terrible.

We waited for about 2.5 hours... and then these other motherfuckers show up at midnight about to debo our shit. The stupid fucking Wal-Mart employee's told me and my friends to wait in electronics and they will bring them out at midnight. We waited. They brought them out and said they only had half of what they originally told us(5 instead of 10) and then said that they would check us out at register 18 up at the front of the store and whoever is in line first gets the iPads.

Naturally my friends and I ran everyone else the fuck over since we were first in line anyway and fuck them.

Sadly they were all 16GBs... probably going to end up selling one or two of them. I really wanted a 32GB.

It was terrible.

We waited for about 2.5 hours... and then these other motherfuckers show up at midnight about to debo our shit. The stupid fucking Wal-Mart employee's told me and my friends to wait in electronics and they will bring them out at midnight. We waited. They brought them out and said they only had half of what they originally told us(5 instead of 10) and then said that they would check us out at register 18 up at the front of the store and whoever is in line first gets the iPads.

Naturally my friends and I ran everyone else the fuck over since we were first in line anyway and fuck them.

Sadly they were all 16GBs... probably going to end up selling one or two of them. I really wanted a 32GB.
Nothing about this story is good.

Surfheart

Just received my new iPad.

I'm coming from an iPad 1.
The screen is nice but didn't blow me away as much as I expected it to and it has a nasty yellow push compared to my old iPad, I much prefer the way colours look on the og iPad.

Showing it to co workers around the office side by side with my old iPad and most were hard pressed to see much of a difference in the screens, it's not a night and day thing like I expected.

Kinda dissapointed, especially with the yellow tint.

Sanjuro

It was terrible.

At least you got some cardio in.

ido

I'm really bummed about the whole Wal-Mart experience. I'm also pissed that they only had 5 total iPads, and they were all 16GB wifi only models.

My group managed to snag 4 of the 5, but I'm thinking of selling one or two of them so I can get a 32GB.

Hopefully they will sell for a little higher on eBay after the stores all sellout tomorrow.

I am envious of anyone who had a decent Wal-Mart experience, because mine was atrocious. Felt like we were about to get shanked in the parking lot or something walking out with 4 of the 5 they had.

DJ88

Couple more pics before I eat and go to bed. I wish I could keep playing with it! Remember I still have the protective plastic over the screen, sorry if I suck at taking good pics. Click for full size.

jambo

If you or someone else can, please load a full page of the high-res PC screenshot thread within secondapps, on the 100 post setting.

I'm wondering if the iPad 3 can load all the screens and not crash like my iPad 1 would.

With 1gb of ram I'm excited to finally browse that thread on the gorgeous retina screen.

Loading it up now the first page now (100ppp), seems to be chugging along nicely. This is over 3G so it may take a while.

EDIT: I'll have to do it at home tonight on WiFi, a bunch of images didn't load because of the lack of bandwidth, but it didn't crash and the page scrolls perfectly smoothly.

Jill Sandwich

the turds of Optimus Prime
I'm really bummed about the whole Wal-Mart experience. I'm also pissed that they only had 5 total iPads, and they were all 16GB wifi only models.

My group managed to snag 4 of the 5, but I'm thinking of selling one or two of them so I can get a 32GB.

Hopefully they will sell for a little higher on eBay after the stores all sellout tomorrow.

I am envious of anyone who had a decent Wal-Mart experience, because mine was atrocious. Felt like we were about to get shanked in the parking lot or something walking out with 4 of the 5 they had.

I'd get them sold ASAP if you don't want them. You may get more than you paid for if you hurry. It sucks but it'll be worth it in the end if you get the one you want.

The screen is nice but didn't blow me away as much as I expected it to and it has a nasty yellow push compared to my old iPad, I much prefer the way colours look on the og iPad.

Showing it to co workers around the office side by side with my old iPad and most were hard pressed to see much of a difference in the screens, it's not a night and day thing like I expected.

all new screens are tinted yellow, same thing happened with most iPhone 4s

What's it called? Wouldn't mind trying that on my 4S. Doubt we will see a jailbreak for the 3rd gen iPad for awhile tho

Edit: oops quoted the wrong post. Was referring to the jailbreak app to change color tint

ido

I'd get them sold ASAP if you don't want them. You may get more than you paid for if you hurry. It sucks but it'll be worth it in the end if you get the one you want.

I think you're right.

Worst case scenario is I can always return them(I bought 2, one for me and one for the wife) and my friends bought the other 2.

I may try and sell mine and get a 32GB. Hopefully it won't be too difficult to sell, depending on how rare these bitches actually become after tomorrow.

Hmmm the iPad screen seems to be tinted yellow.

do you guys have a white iPad or Black?

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!

This is how I felt originally. With not being blown away.
The more i have used it today, the more I'm starting to love the screen.

Apart from the yellow, really hate that. Particularly if I have it on any angle, not so bad from straight on.

Absinthe

Loading it up now the first page now (100ppp), seems to be chugging along nicely. This is over 3G so it may take a while.

EDIT: I'll have to do it at home tonight on WiFi, a bunch of images didn't load because of the lack of bandwidth, but it didn't crash and the page scrolls perfectly smoothly.

Sounds good, thanks for trying.

I was using it in natural light all day and didn't notice it. Now I'm in a lecture theatre and the yellow "f.lux like tinge" is apparent.

this has been an 'issue' since 2010 when retina display first came in 2010. Apple mentioned its a glue issue which disappears in a bit, but they provide you with a replacement if you are insistent

ido

I'm having first world problems right now.

Have 2 iPads sitting here and I'm unsure if I want to sell them and get a larger storage capacity or just open them up.

Fuckles.

Zabka

AppleCare+ for $99. Problem solved. Literally.

I'm getting Applecare but that's like saying "You don't need a seatbelt with health insurance!" $99 plus $49 per damage incident covering up to two incidents kinda sucks, and that's really just for serious damage. Applecare won't protect from cosmetic damage that harms your resale value.

Sanjuro

I'm getting Applecare but that's like saying "You don't need a seatbelt with health insurance!" $99 plus $49 per damage incident covering up to two incidents kinda sucks, and that's really just for serious damage. Applecare won't protect from cosmetic damage that harms your resale value.

I don't think any extended warranties protect against wear and tear. However, that $49 will get you a new/refurbished iPad. Before AppleCare+ you could do this, but for around $300+.

Vyer

photo.jpg

I see you have your eBay pic ready

Top Bottom