• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The new iPad |OT|

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
First time I did the Apple.com preorder thing and boy am I thankful right now. No nonsense. Just hanging out and it'll be there when I get home.

Waikis

Someone from a local forum took a macroshot

_DSC4381_.jpg

123rl

The screen in one word?

(the) Best. As in, the best screen on any mobile device. Ever. Holy fuck it is so sharp and crisp!

Man, I really, really didn't like Apple. Ever. And Apple Users. Urgh. People pretending that you need a Mac to design anything properly, normal people with iPhones who don't even know what to do with it.
But damn, those Apps. Preordered a new iPad 32GB and already added Apps (mainly Music Apps and some Games) that add up to nearly 200€ in iTunes... I feel dirty. 4.April can't come soon enough though...

see5harp

Man, I really, really didn't like Apple. Ever. And Apple Users. Urgh. People pretending that you need a Mac to design anything properly, normal people with iPhones who don't even know what to do with it.
But damn, those Apps. Preordered a new iPad 32GB and already added Apps (mainly Music Apps and some Games) that add up to nearly 200€ in iTunes... I feel dirty. 4.April can't come soon enough though...

Well you sure showed them.

BigDug13

Has anyone ever done this:

Step 1: Buy iPad w/ 3G or now with LTE.

Step 2: Activate your month-to-month service for $25ish per month.

Step 3: Replace the micro-sim in your jailbroken iphone 4/4S with the one from your ipad and do the steps to change the sim number so that it's usable.

Step 4: Cancel your cell phone service. Use Skype for calls, textnow for texts, etc.

Now for $25, you have internet service movable between your phone and your ipad.

123rl

So now we've used it anyone care to chip in on the (lol) extra bulk? Because to me the iPad fits and curves into my hand absolutely perfectly. And it feels like it weighs exactly the same

Blackhead

Redarse
Has anyone ever done this:

Step 1: Buy iPad w/ 3G or now with LTE.

Step 2: Activate your month-to-month service for $25ish per month.

Step 3: Replace the micro-sim in your jailbroken iphone 4/4S with the one from your ipad and do the steps to change the sim number so that it's usable.

Step 4: Cancel your cell phone service. Use Skype for calls, textnow for texts, etc.

Now for $25, you have internet service movable between your phone and your ipad.

Huh?

FreeMufasa

My god this has been the longest day ever. I've done so much but it's only just turned 10am. No text to say iPad is at home yet.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Woke up early today, Futureshop still has some in stock. Considering buying another one to flip on craigslist...hmm.

Are we all expecting shortages? Seems way more shops have them compared to ipad 2 launch, or are we thinking thats just Apple building up initial stocks for launch and it'll go dry quickly?

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
I hate you GAF. I have to work a 12 hour work shift Friday-Sunday. I'm here right now :(

I love you

MercuryLS

Banned
Just canceled my pending order with Apple and ordered the 64gb + 4G from futureshop. I don't want to have to micromanage the shit out of this thing, going to have it for a few years so it's worth going all out. Excited :D

(Won't get it till middle of next week :()

dorn.

Just went to a local reseller and played around with one. The display sure looks nice but it didn't wow me as much as I expected after reading the reviews. It definitely looks better, especially photos and iBooks looked great, but it didn't make the Ipad 2 look like shit in comparison, like the iPhone 4 did to the 3GS. Maybe it's because of the store setting and it's more noticeable in real usage but I couldn't help but feel al little underwhelmed. They actually still had some in stock too, though only white 16GB 4G.

LCfiner

Aren't the smaller lines because Apple didn't do online preorders for those other products?

yeah, possibly.

So mine is coming in today hopefully after 12 PM, as I get home around then. I'll be hanging over my balcony, looking for the UPS truck to arrive.

gkryhewy

I would not be surprised if this has more of a slow burn than the iPad 2. Don't think the annual upgrade cycle plays as well with non-subsidized devices. Still deciding whether to upgrade from my iPad 1, which is much more stable since the 5.1 update.

MasLegio

Banned
who is doing the delivery in Germany?

UPS, TNT or DHL?

I hope UPS will do the delivery in Sweden.

Should not the preorder be available as well for rest of EU if we are to recieve iPads for 23 of march?

Top Bottom